Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Chat......lol
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Why don't we have a drinking game during reading this chat that Floyd did today. Everytime he ducks a question, or doesn't answer a question and instead says something else, take a drink.

I think we'll all be fucked up beyond belief before we get a third of the way through. lol

Buzzmaster
(5:01 PM)

Floyd is here!
Benjamin (Atlanta)

Do you look forward to re-establishing your dominance at welterweight, and if so, what is your road map for doing so? What fighters are in your sights?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:01 PM)

Most definitely. I left as thebest fighter in the world and I'm returning as the best fighter in the world. Come Sept. 19, those nonbelievers I will remind them on who the boss is.
Jay (NYC)

First off, great to see you back!!! Knowing that you wont let us in on your gameplan. Do you see any flaw(s) that you can take advantage of Marquez fighting style?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:02 PM)

Well, Marquez is a tremendous fighter. What he brings to the table, he has a ton of experience. He's been one of the best fighters in the world for a number of years.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:02 PM)

Come Sept. 19, I will expose him just as I have done with my other 39 opponents.
BRANDON TOOMBS (HOUSTON, TX)

What do you think about the potential of having your fights in movie theatres? Whose the fighter you feel would've been the ultimate fight for you during your career from an all-time perspective?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:04 PM)

Brandon, it's a reality. This is another example of what we bring different to the table. I want to send a special thanks to Richard for all of his efforts for making this happen for the rest of my team.
Leon Tillman Jr. (Sacramento, CA.)

How are your hands? How are your ribs? Did you retire because of your reoccuring shoulder injurys?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:04 PM)

I'm feeling good. The time off after I initially got injured allowed my body to heal. And come Sept. 19, I'm looking to be the best Floyd Mayweather the fans have seen to date.
AquaZibra (Mexico Citiy)

Hey Floyd, Why are you Ducking Manny Pacquiao??

Floyd Mayweather
(5:06 PM)

Anybody who knows me knows that I'm not ducking him or anybody. His guy has never, ever come out of his mouth that he wants to fight me. He has a boss and I'm my own boss. So, in order to make that happen, he has to go through his boss. His boss knows what time of day it is. Besides, my focus is what's in front of me. What happens with other fighters, they tend to focus on things that could potentially happen in the future, instead of what's in front of him. My sole focus is on Marquez. Manny knows he couldn't beat me in a million years and his boss knows that too.
Alex (Vancouver CANADA)

Floyd, will ring rust be an issue? Do you feel good, strong and fast? And no rib issues? Good Luck, go for the KO!

Floyd Mayweather
(5:07 PM)

The work that we have put in in the gym, I know I'll be able to overcome that. We've been working really good. I've had excellent sparring and I'm ready to go.
Tim (Pittsburgh,PA)

Floyd, what do you hope to accomplish with your comeback to boxing?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:08 PM)

With me being the face of boxing, I'm just looking to go out there and give the fans an exciting performance and continue to bring more fans to the sport.
russell (snellville,ga)

does it bother you that a lot of people seem to think you are no longer the best, even though you have not lost a fight?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:09 PM)

Nobody who is a true boxing fan doens't believe that I'm the best. How can I not be the best when I've never lost? When there are so many people on the mythical best list have lost? If I was the No. 1 on the list when I left and the guy who is lost, how can I not be the best when I come back? That doesn't even make sense. My record speaks for itself.
Racco (Shorewood, IL)

Dispite the rust you may have since last fighting Ricky Hatton, how are you preparing diffrently in order to execute a Juan Marquez successfully in the ring? Are you willing to brawl with him if needed?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:10 PM)

I'm just looking to going out there and being the same old Floyd to give the fans the best fight that I can give them.
Nick W (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

Floyd, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, what would you rate your effort in training and preparing for this fight? And how do I get Mayweather Promotions Gear?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:10 PM)

A 10. I'm itching, itching to get back in the ring. I can't wait.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:11 PM)

I truly miss the sport and I miss all of you guys.
Gustavo (Austin Texas)

Floyd do you think you will knock out JMM?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:11 PM)

That's why all of the fans have to tune in on Sept. 19 to find out. It will be must see.
Jeff (New Orleans)

Good Luck next month. Will you have any problems making weight due to you being off so long?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:12 PM)

Making weight is never a problem.
John (New Jersey)

Floyd, have you been totally cleared for incident at the skating rink on Sunday where allegedly your Rolls Royce was involved in a shooting? Also will your Uncle Roger still be in your corner on the 19th? If not who will take his place?
Floyd Mayweather
(5:13 PM)

I had no involvement. None whatsoever.
jr (orlando)

do you plan on being a little more aggresive in this fight since marquez is the smaller man ?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:14 PM)

I guarantee to the fans that this will be truly an exciting fight. I'm going to do whatever it takes to give my best performance to date.
Eric (Thousand Oaks, CA)

Floyd - what is it about Marquez that could make it a difficult fight for you, and how would you deal with it?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:14 PM)

Well, I know this fight isn't going to be easy because nothing is easy about Marquez.
Josh (Waikiki, HI)

Yo Floyd, last time you did an ESPN chat, you gave out your boy's digits for those of us who wanted to see a good time in Vegas. If we want to celebrate you knocking out Marquez next month, that number still good?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:15 PM)

You most certainly can! Everybody knows where to find me at.
NK (NY)

Floyd, I am a hug fan. Where do you think you rank all time and how much longer do you want to fight for?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:16 PM)

Well, I leave that up to the fans to judge where I'll be ranked all-time after my career is over. I still have unfinished work to do. When it's all said and done, the fans will judge what I have accomplished in my career. Fought the best fighters of my era and never losing. The fans can judge me based on fighting the best and remaining undefeated.
David (Corning)

Floyd on fight night will your dad or Roger be in your corner?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:16 PM)

Most definitely my Uncle Roger is my trainer and he will be in my corner.
Derrick Austin (Dallas)

Who would you consider the number 2 pound for pound king, yourself being number 1

Floyd Mayweather
(5:17 PM)

Marquez.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:17 PM)

I truly feel as though he beat Pacquiao in both of those fights, he just wasn't given the nod.
ace (san bernardino)

how much older does mosley have to get before you fight him???will you ever take on Paul Williams???

Floyd Mayweather
(5:19 PM)

Ace, Ace, obviously you haven't been keeping up with your boy Shane Mosley. He had his opportunity in Nov. '06 to fight me for twice as much money he's ever made in his career. He chose to take a family vacation and have some dental work done. Shane Mosley is calling my name out just like the rest of these fighters because what I represent is the biggest payday for any fighter out there. I'm not mad at them for doing that. That's what they're supposed to do. Shane Mosley knows what time of day it is. He had the chance to fight me and he turned it down. WHo knows what the future holds, but he's just looking to make some money. He knows he can't beat me.
John Sigona (Paramus, NJ)

My favorite Floyd quote is: "When you're playing, I'm working... When you're working... I'm working". Have you been doing anything differently this time?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:20 PM)

When I'm working, they sleeping.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:20 PM)

When I was running 8 miles last night at 3 a.m., what do you think my opponent was doing? I'll let you answer that question.
Nel Velasco (Odessa,Tx)

will 50cent be with you on the night of the fight and will he perform a song as you make your entrance??

Floyd Mayweather
(5:21 PM)

I have a special treat for the fans, come Sept. 19. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag on this chat. you must tune in to see what I've got playing.
Matt (LA)

Other than yourself and Marquez who do you feel is your biggest threat?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:21 PM)

There are a lot of good fighters out there in boxing, but the only person that can beat me is myself and that will never happen.
derek guzman (brentwood,ca )

hey floyd how do you stay so confident? how many hours a day do you train? by the way floyd i believe you are the best pound for pound

Floyd Mayweather
(5:23 PM)

Confidence...a lot of people get cockiness mixed up with strong confidence and belief in self. I have a tremendous amount of belief in myself, because at the end of the day, I have to get in the ring and take all the risk. A lot of times people mix up my strong confidence in myself. Until someone can shut me up, I'm going to continue to have the confidence in myself that no one can beat me.
Tim (Pittsburgh,PA)

how was doing WWE raw again this close to a fight?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:24 PM)

It was a tremendous experience. Thanks to Leonard for putting it together. It was truly a great experience. I had a lot of fun. WWE has a tremendous vehicle when it comes to knowing how to market and promote. I'm just happy to be a part of their family. I'll continue to look to work with them in the future.
Brian (Sacramento, CA)

Money,Through your successful career, which fights stick out most to you?
Floyd Mayweather
(5:25 PM)

There are so many of them. Winning multiple titles in all of these different weight classes. They all have great meaning to me. The Gatti fight, the Corrales fight. The De La Hoya fight. There are a number of fights that stand out and have different meaning to it. I'm truly blessed and thankful to be in this position.
Mucks (Denver)

I read a article today by Oscar saying you can't defend a jab, and Marquez just has to keep a jab in your face. He claims he beat you for 7 rounds, what do you say about that? Obviously you're the man but a lot of folks like to think you've lost some quickness because you turned 30, like your Roy Jones Jr or something, ha.

Floyd Mayweather
(5:27 PM)

Well, look who's saying this. This is a guy just like the other 39 opponents that took an "L." How is he going to tell Marquez to beat me when he couldn't do it himself?
Floyd Mayweather
(5:28 PM)

It doesn't matter what Oscar says, he can't get in there and fight for Marquez. And Marquez has been around for a long time and he's a great technician. He knows how to fight and knows how to win. Come Sept. 19, he's stepping up and he's never seen what's about to happen to him.
Shannon (Las Vegas, NV)

Floyd, how do you think you would have fared against other fighters around your weight like Aaron Pryor, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Pernell Whitaker (to name a few)?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:28 PM)

You can't really compare, because those guys weren't in my era. They were all outstanding fighters and brought something to the game and have contributed to where boxing is at today.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:29 PM)

They were all great fighters and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. But they weren't in my era.
Nick (Cleveland)

I know your always working but do you ever sleep? Between the training and the promoting, do you ever rest? If not should you change your nickname from "Money" to "Terminator"?

Floyd Mayweather
(5:30 PM)

No, not at all. Being my own boss and my own promotor, there's a tremendous amount of responsibility that comes with being the face of boxing and being in charge of a mega fight. So, with the training and the other responsibilities, it's a tremendous committment, but as usual, I give 100% when I'm doing my job.
Floyd Mayweather
(5:31 PM)

I just want to say to all the fans to tune in Sept. 19 to truly a great fight. My best performance to date.
provo
What was wrong with that interview ? I didn't think it was bad at all ! What did he avoid?paul will ??? Ca mon the man shouldn't even be fighting at welterweight! Floyd is 5'8 band paul is 6'1 !
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 27 2009, 07:15 PM) *
What was wrong with that interview ? I didn't think it was bad at all ! What did he avoid?paul will ??? Ca mon the man shouldn't even be fighting at welterweight! Floyd is 5'8 band paul is 6'1 !

Yeah...Hearns should never have been allowed to fight at welterweight too, he was too damn tall. It's just not fair. I guess things were different back then when fighters like Ray Leonard TESTED himself against Tommy and solidified his greatness in that fight. And Hearns was the most fearsome puncher at 147 ever.
Byrd Man
oh this isn't necessarily a "hate Floyd" thread, although some will see it that way. I just think it's hilarious how people ask him questions and if there's more than 1 single question in there, he'll just ignore everything but what he wants to address.

Case in point the question at the top where the guy asked the following:

Do you look forward to re-establishing your dominance at welterweight, and if so, what is your road map for doing so? What fighters are in your sights?

And Floyd responds by saying:

Most definitely. I left as thebest fighter in the world and I'm returning as the best fighter in the world. Come Sept. 19, those nonbelievers I will remind them on who the boss is.

He ignores the question of A. What's your roadmap for doing so and B. What fighters are in your sights.

And there's MANY more examples of that in this chat and many other chats that he's done. It's almost like he has ADD (which I have) and focuses on one thing instead of the other things that were asked.

In fact instead of answering some of the questions, he tends to just brag about how great he is. And yeah he's a great boxer and all, but that's not what people are asking you every single question. It smacks of insecurity sometimes, which I'm sure he's dealt with in his life, considering his family situations and whatnot.
Mean Mister Mustard
What I don't understand (by the way, I'm completely wasted after playing the game, totally fucking tanked) is why people even show up to the chats knowing from interviews that he never answers questions directly. Oh wait, I just answered my own question, these people have probably never heard him talk. By the way, is that even Mayweather? How do we know it's him?

xxxxxx
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 27 2009, 06:15 PM) *

I agree. This was a good interview. Byrdman is reaching for straws here. Floyd even left the door open for a possible Mayweather-Mosley match.
provo
Byrd Man I get what your saying ,but who do u want him 2 say ? Cotto is going 2 loose to pac ! He said he would beat pac and pac knows it! And he said shane knows he can't beat him ! So who else is their ???no one wants to see him fight cotto if cotto looses ! Who else is their Margacheto ??? CaMon the man shouldn't be boxing again! Berto ... don't deserve a shot... if berto beats shane then add berto and scratch shane !
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 27 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Is this gimmick account supposed to be stupid?

If this is a gimmick account, it makes perfect sense to me now. Cause his posts are bar none the worst I ever read in the years I have been here.
King Eugene
Can we keep all these Floyd topics in one thread. Can one of you mods make a thread thats just says "Floyd...the good, the bad, and the ugly" and put EVERYTHING about Floyd in this one thread? I'm sure it would reach about 50 pages in a weak but I mean damn I'm a fan but this is getting out of hand. I'm tired of coming to these boards and he is mentioned in every thread. GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 27 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Byrd Man I get what your saying ,but who do u want him 2 say ? Cotto is going 2 loose to pac ! He said he would beat pac and pac knows it! And he said shane knows he can't beat him ! So who else is their ???no one wants to see him fight cotto if cotto looses ! Who else is their Margacheto ??? CaMon the man shouldn't be boxing again! Berto ... don't deserve a shot... if berto beats shane then add berto and scratch shane !

Is this Floyd? lol. You just did the same thing Floyd does. You ignore EVERYTHING i'm saying and focus on one thing YOU want to focus on.

From now on we can call that "Pulling a Floyd".

This has NOTHING to do with his fighting Cotto, Pac, Margarito, Mosley, or any of those guys. This has nothing to do with his fighting abilities.

it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that when asked a series of questions he ducks those questions like his name was Daffy.

Here's another brilliant example right here from the chat:

John (New Jersey): Floyd, have you been totally cleared for incident at the skating rink on Sunday where allegedly your Rolls Royce was involved in a shooting? Also will your Uncle Roger still be in your corner on the 19th? If not who will take his place?

Floyd: I had no involvement. None whatsoever.

Notice, he never answered the question at hand, nor the rest of the question. He was asked if he had been cleared of that incident @ the skating rink. He simply said "I had no involvement" Well technically that's not what he asked. The dude didn't ask was he involved. He asked had he been cleared. Now that's a iffy thing there, so ignore that part (like you're Floyd) and go to the rest of the question.

Will his uncle be in the corner on the 19th and if not who will? Floyd ignored that question, although someone else who knows Floyd's M.O. asked JUST that question later, and he answered and said Roger would be there.

here's another one:

Guy asked him:

Floyd, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, what would you rate your effort in training and preparing for this fight? And how do I get Mayweather Promotions Gear?

FLOYD RESPONDS:

A 10. I'm itching, itching to get back in the ring. I can't wait. I truly miss the sport and I miss all of you guys.

Here you have a guy who obviously is a fan and wants to GIVE FLOYD MONEY!!!!! by buying "Mayweather Promotions Gear" and Floyd just passes right over it and only addresses part of the question.

That's the point I was bringing up. I'm not hating on the guy, I'm not concerning my post with who he won't fight or will fight or what.

Stop pulling a Floyd and pay attention! lol

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 27 2009, 10:12 PM) *
Can we keep all these Floyd topics in one thread. Can one of you mods make a thread thats just says "Floyd...the good, the bad, and the ugly" and put EVERYTHING about Floyd in this one thread? I'm sure it would reach about 50 pages in a weak but I mean damn I'm a fan but this is getting out of hand. I'm tired of coming to these boards and he is mentioned in every thread. GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!

Well then make a damn James Toney thread why don't you??? He is fighting again next month and read he is already in great shape. He is going to take down the Klits and prove he is the best heavyweight out there. I think this time he is serious and is going to enter the ring fight night in peak condition looking slim and trim. I mean he possibly can not let me down yet again?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 27 2009, 10:25 PM) *
Well then make a damn James Toney thread why don't you??? He is fighting again next month and read he is already in great shape. He is going to take down the Klits and prove he is the best heavyweight out there. I think this time he is serious and is going to enter the ring fight night in peak condition looking slim and trim. I mean he possibly can not let me down yet again?

But people dont have mixed emotions towards Toney like they do Mayweather and you dont see a new Mayweather thread every other day either.

On another note...what exactly is peak condition for Toney? laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 27 2009, 10:30 PM) *
On another note...what exactly is peak condition for Toney? laugh.gif

dntknw.gif

But I do know we will never see it. laugh.gif Same as Roy showing some heart.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 27 2009, 11:43 PM) *
dntknw.gif

But I do know we will never see it. laugh.gif Same as Roy showing some heart.

Jones vs. Tarver I rounds 11-12
D-MARV
James Toney should NEVER be associated with terms like "Good Shape" or "Thin".

D-MARV
James Toney should NEVER be associated with terms like "Good Shape" or "Thin".

BigG
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 28 2009, 04:46 AM) *
Jones vs. Tarver I rounds 11-12

I think Jones showed heart in Tarver I, II and the Calzaghe fight (fighting half a fight with a nasty cut).
King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 28 2009, 04:21 AM) *
I think Jones showed heart in Tarver I, II and the Calzaghe fight (fighting half a fight with a nasty cut).

II....hmmmm too quick to determine. He tried to beat the count and I'll give him that. Calzaghe fight...he was just surviving. Didn't really throw nothing meaningful in the second half of the fight that I can remember. I only watched it once cause it was so disheartening.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 28 2009, 04:46 AM) *
The aftermath

Wow...that clip says it all. Tarver ruined him in the rematch. The GJ fight just proves it, and look at his expression and performance in the rubbermatch with Tarver.
MarzB
Floyd is definitely the premier, imminent polarizing figure in boxing today. That chat overall sucked but I don't expect much from ESPN's chat screeners. I am glad he didn't get sucked into answering if he'd beat Duran, Whitaker, blah, blah..

The chat I guess did it's job in getting more promotion for the fight. I wish these chats would have more informed boxing fans on it asking questions like who are his sparring partners (I know Kendal Holt is one). I did like his response to the question about Oscar suggesting Marquez double jab him.

Floyd still wins this but this is going to be a more interesting match than people are giving it. Marquez is not anything resembling a one dimensional fighter. Floyd will for the first time in a while beat someone with just as good as an A), cool.gif, C) game as him.
STEVENSKI
Hopefully they charge Floyd with illegal posession of weapons & he gets jailed for 25 ta life. That would be poetic & hilarious.
BigG
LOL did I say II..my bad...I meant to say III...you gotta admit...he was fighting back after literally being out of his feet in round 11.

And he wasn't really surviving against Calzaghe...because Calslappy cant finish shit anyway...he was throwing punches throughout the fight and landed MORE clean punches on Calzaghe than he did on Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver...
JD
Jones showed plenty of heart in the first Tarver fight...but after the mystique disappeared due to the rematch and the Glen Johnson fight, I have not really seen Roy fight with much heart at all.
singletrack
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 28 2009, 04:46 AM) *
The aftermath

Aw man...that makes me sad. You are dead on though - his head is fucked right there.

Honestly, I don't think Jones has been right since he came down from heavy. It *sounds* like he is aware of all the things he stopped doing that made him great, but I doubt that he can go back to his old self at this point in his career. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.
singletrack
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 28 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Jones showed plenty of heart in the first Tarver fight...but after the mystique disappeared due to the rematch and the Glen Johnson fight, I have not really seen Roy fight with much heart at all.

The crazy thing is that he looked so good in the second fight...right up until Tarver turned the light switch off ; ) Fighting Glen so quickly after the devastating KO was a huge mistake.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 28 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Agreed!

That first fight he did what was necessary to win the fight. Tarver 3 and GJ is a totally different story. So saying he's never had hard is just foul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.