Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd looking rusty?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Nay_Sayer
Is this credible?
Keith
Roach has become a shit talker. Anything to keep himself in the press.
Byrd Man
Zab's dad said that Floyd looks "Razor sharp" and like he never left. So...*shrugs*

I think both the Judahs and Roach have something to be gained by saying what they did, so take each with a grain of salt.
lloyd mayflower
Even if he is rusty, thats why they call it a tune up
provo
If its rust ! He'll start off slow in the first couple rounds ! Then take over and destroy JMM ! Marquez has NO shot to win! Floyd even with a 2 year lay off is the best in the game...
Box in Hand
Floyd looked good on 24/7 but there will be rust. Boxing has to be practiced everyday so he'll start of slow. I'm wondering why he chose to show the area his ribs got hurt on 24/7. Now Marquez knows exactly where to hit.
provo
I missed 24/7 ! He showed where he got hurt?? I bet floyd did that purposely so JMM can go for that spot and now I bet they will try and throw that in his gameplan ! And floyd with counter all day with that left hook or straight right while JMM tries to go 4 the body... Mayweather is not a dumb guy!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 30 2009, 06:12 PM) *
I missed 24/7 ! He showed where he got hurt?? I bet floyd did that purposely so JMM can go for that spot and now I bet they will try and throw that in his gameplan ! And floyd with counter all day with that left hook or straight right while JMM tries to go 4 the body... Mayweather is not a dumb guy!

Yeah, he has some sort of body protector on his right side. They even show Marquez targeting that area. It's on YouTube so hurry before they take it down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pwmbiDYvjQ
provo
Ahh! JMM is going 2 get tagged all night by PBF right hand ! Marquez is going 2 sit on his punches and try and target that right side. Floyds defense will not let that happen.lol smart move for floyd! This fight will be over in 8!
lloyd mayflower
I find it hard to believe any of that stuff they show on 24/7, as much as i like to watch it.

You would have to missing a few from the full 52 to show the whole world either your intentions or your weaknesses weeks prior to the fight.
KookedKrack
didnt know roach was training him
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 30 2009, 06:51 PM) *
Floyd even with a 2 year lay off is the best in the game...

Yeah okay. rolleyes_anim.gif Everyone should just automatically proclaim him the best in the game with his almost 2 year layoff. Now he is fighting a fucking lightweight, gimme a break. Oh, and before his retirement he beat a jr. welterweight. And his welterweight reign's opponents sucked, for whatever reasons, tougher fights were bypassed. Get real.

As far as him looking rusty, I doubt it, I am sure he looks sharp. Just BS from Roach.
provo
[quote name='Lil-lightsout' date='Aug 30 2009, 06:52 PM' post='450020']
Yeah okay. rolleyes_anim.gif Everyone should just automatically proclaim him the best in the game with his almost 2 year layoff. Now he is fighting a fucking lightweight, gimme a break. Oh, and before his retirement he beat a jr. welterweight. And his welterweight reign's opponents sucked, for whatever reasons, tougher fights were bypassed. Get real.

They sucked ?? LOL. Zab judah was one of the top welters at that time ,baldomir was consider the ring welterweight champ! Hatton was the biggest draw out there! Cotto didn't want 2 fight him , Margarito had just lost to paul will, then paul will lost . So at that time who was the Top guy for him 2 fight at welter???
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 30 2009, 10:14 PM) *
They sucked ?? LOL. Zab judah was one of the top welters at that time ,baldomir was consider the ring welterweight champ! Hatton was the biggest draw out there! Cotto didn't want 2 fight him , Margarito had just lost to paul will, then paul will lost . So at that time who was the Top guy for him 2 fight at welter???

1st 147 defense-Sharmba Mitchell. Mitchell was just KO'd in 3 by Tszyu 2 fights prior. Not a natural welter and has seen better days.

2nd defense-Zab Judah. Judah JUST lost to molasses Baldomir. What did he do to deserve a shot by losing??? Nothing.

3rd defense-Carlos Baldomir. Shitty fighter,regardless what the ring ratings were.Not realistically a top 5 fighter in the division.

4th defense(actually moved up to 154)-Oscar De La Hoya. Not a prime Oscar but was still a decent fighter.It was a semi close fight.

5th defense-Ricky Hatton. True 140 pounder. Tough but limited in skills.

It is debateable that Cotto did not want to fight him. Zab just choked against Baldy, no freaking way should anyone get a shot at the best after losing to a mediocre fighter. If you really believe Baldy truly deserved to be ring champ, then you should get your head examined. Margs did not lose to PW till 2nd half of 2007(soon after that Floyd retired), Margs was calling out Floyd WAY before that. PW did not lose to Quintana till AFTER Floyd retired.

So here are some fighters he SHOULD have fought, regardless of all the BS and excuses. I will pick some 147-154 ound fighters considering he moved up to challenge Oscar and he had no problem fighting smaller guys too.

Vernon Forrest, Shane Mosley ,Winky Wright ,Paul Williams, Luis Collazo, Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 30 2009, 07:58 PM) *
1st 147 defense-Sharmba Mitchell. Mitchell was just KO'd in 3 by Tszyu 2 fights prior. Not a natural welter and has seen better days.

2nd defense-Zab Judah. Judah JUST lost to molasses Baldomir. What did he do to deserve a shot by losing??? Nothing.

3rd defense-Carlos Baldomir. Shitty fighter,regardless what the ring ratings were.Not realistically a top 5 fighter in the division.

4th defense(actually moved up to 154)-Oscar De La Hoya. Not a prime Oscar but was still a decent fighter.It was a semi close fight.

5th defense-Ricky Hatton. True 140 pounder. Tough but limited in skills.

It is debateable that Cotto did not want to fight him. Zab just choked against Baldy, no freaking way should anyone get a shot at the best after losing to a mediocre fighter. If you really believe Baldy truly deserved to be ring champ, then you should get your head examined. Margs did not lose to PW till 2nd half of 2007(soon after that Floyd retired), Margs was calling out Floyd WAY before that. PW did not lose to Quintana till AFTER Floyd retired.

So here are some fighters he SHOULD have fought, regardless of all the BS and excuses. I will pick some 147-154 ound fighters considering he moved up to challenge Oscar and he had no problem fighting smaller guys too.

Vernon Forrest, Shane Mosley ,Winky Wright ,Paul Williams, Luis Collazo, Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito.

I agree with everything you wrote, great post. PBF is a great fighter so far, but still has tons to prove in his career at least in terms of being an all-time great.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 31 2009, 02:58 AM) *

And regardless of anything Floyd says, statistically and probabilistically, he should have fought at least two of them.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 30 2009, 10:14 PM) *
Zab's dad said that Floyd looks "Razor sharp" and like he never left. So...*shrugs*

I think both the Judahs and Roach have something to be gained by saying what they did, so take each with a grain of salt.

Well Yoel is a highly credible source as he has shown how to create a diciplined well managed fighter in his pathetic son.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 31 2009, 03:58 AM) *
If you really believe Baldy truly deserved to be ring champ, then you should get your head examined.

He beat the fucking undisputed champion of the division in Judah. You might not like it & think he is a shitty fighter but he was the Ring champion & the true welterweight champion. That is not up for debate in any way shape or form.
streetlion1
I hope Gayweather really is rusty and he gets upset....but I doubt it.
iron_mike
Provolone, get off Floyd's sac alredy...it's emabarassing
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 31 2009, 04:28 AM) *
He beat the fucking undisputed champion of the division in Judah. You might not like it & think he is a shitty fighter but he was the Ring champion & the true welterweight champion. That is not up for debate in any way shape or form.

I don't give a fuck if he was the Ring champion. Zab had ONE great performance in stopping Spinks II to win that belt. So then Baldy beats an unfocused mental midget in Judah. Big fucking deal! Look at Baldy's record since his win over Judah, pretty much shows it was a fluke and he truly did not deserve to be the Ring champ in my eyes considering I could name over five welterweights who would have beat him. So in other words sure Baldy was the ring Champ for a moment, still does not make it an impressive performance considering there was BETTER opposition out there.

Shit...I know you are very knowledgeable of past greats, look at all the greats and good champions that lost to mediocre fighters by upset.

Titles and boxing is almost all politics. So from a real fan to another one...Do you think Baldy was the true number one fighter in the division? Throw all the BS titles out the window. Just your own honest opinion.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 31 2009, 06:52 PM) *
I agree with lightsout. I don't blame Floyd for beating the undisputed champion and taking the fight. Baldomir was the man, but lets not make it out as if it was a good win. Baldomir is straight up garbage and there were many 147 fighters that were better than him. It was more that he was at the right place at the right time. But he really was a forgettable fighter, that happened to become the man of the division by winning one significant fight rather than several.

Thanks Fitz. And I agree with what you added on your part.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 30 2009, 11:08 PM) *
I agree with everything you wrote, great post. PBF is a great fighter so far, but still has tons to prove in his career at least in terms of being an all-time great.

Thanks man.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 31 2009, 06:03 PM) *
I don't give a fuck if he was the Ring champion. Zab had ONE great performance in stopping Spinks II to win that belt. So then Baldy beats an unfocused mental midget in Judah. Big fucking deal! Look at Baldy's record since his win over Judah, pretty much shows it was a fluke and he truly did not deserve to be the Ring champ in my eyes considering I could name over five welterweights who would have beat him. So in other words sure Baldy was the ring Champ for a moment, still does not make it an impressive performance considering there was BETTER opposition out there.

Shit...I know you are very knowledgeable of past greats, look at all the greats and good champions that lost to mediocre fighters by upset.

Titles and boxing is almost all politics. So from a real fan to another one...Do you think Baldy was the true number one fighter in the division? Throw all the BS titles out the window. Just your own honest opinion.

I am not saying that Baldozar was a great champion or even mediocre. I am saying he was THE champion at 147 at the time. Being that he beat the UNDISPUTED champion means he was indeed the Ring champion at the time he fought Mayweather. I think the Mayweather vs Baldozar fight was possibly his most disgraceful fight ever.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 31 2009, 05:52 PM) *
I agree with lightsout. I don't blame Floyd for beating the undisputed champion and taking the fight. Baldomir was the man, but lets not make it out as if it was a good win. Baldomir is straight up garbage and there were many 147 fighters that were better than him. It was more that he was at the right place at the right time. But he really was a forgettable fighter, that happened to become the man of the division by winning one significant fight rather than several.

Why not apply that same logic to the LHW division?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 1 2009, 07:03 AM) *
I am not saying that Baldozar was a great champion or even mediocre. I am saying he was THE champion at 147 at the time. Being that he beat the UNDISPUTED champion means he was indeed the Ring champion at the time he fought Mayweather. I think the Mayweather vs Baldozar fight was possibly his most disgraceful fight ever.

allight i have to say i agree with stev. here.. baldo. as limited of a champion as he was, he was the champ.. the linear champ... and that made him the man rather he was the best in the division or not.. fact is half the top 10 and maybe more could have beaten him at that time but he became the man beating judah who had beat the linear champ... history also shows that after that win the judah fight wasnt a bad fight so............
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 1 2009, 05:50 PM) *
So RJJ was straight up garbage at 175 and there were maybe 5 fighters that were better than him?

No. I'm not saying that at all.

But this isn't how rankings work, now is it?

Roy may have been the best LHW on earth when he moved up into the division - but that's not reason enough to rank him #1 or #2 in the division until he beats a guy ranked that high.

Roy never beat the top ranked LHW in the world while he was parading around calling himself the champ @ 175.
Fitz
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 2 2009, 02:47 PM) *
No. I'm not saying that at all.

But this isn't how rankings work, now is it?

Roy may have been the best LHW on earth when he moved up into the division - but that's not reason enough to rank him #1 or #2 in the division until he beats a guy ranked that high.

Roy never beat the top ranked LHW in the world while he was parading around calling himself the champ @ 175.

I'm sorry, but I'm not debating with a guy that thinks Mosley, Marquez and Darchinyan were all paper champions.
torvix2000
Let's have a break and check this boxing schedule. This is fun!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AlPu...t&type=lgns
iron_mike
Bigger??? I hope he meant physically, cause Pac is 1000x bigger as far as support, status, popularity, etc. Mexico might love Marquez, but he is not WORSHIPPED like Pac is in the Philippines

Sorry, that was meant for the Floyd "Marquez is a little bit bigger than Pacquiao" article
Jack 1000
The biggest factor why Marquez could win this is obviously the lay-off of Mayweather. Marquez is one of the most skilled counterpunchers today. What gives Floyd the advantage in this fight is quickness and speed, and if that has been taken away by Floyd's ring activity, Marquez COULD win this, obviously.

However, as much as I would love to spit on the ground that Floyd walks on because I hate him so much, I do think Floyd's quickness won't be diminished enough for Marquez to win. Marquez has the edge in experience in major fights. Floyd has the edge in speed and ring generalship. Floyd won't fight like Castillo, which is Marquez's best chance at an upset. UNLESS his legs and reflexes have diminished enough from the layoff.

From the outside with the jab and quickness of Floyd, Marquez can certainly be competitive, but if it's an outside jab and move contest, anything that Marquez can do, Floyd can do one better in the ring generalship department. Another main reason why Floyd took this fight is because it's big money and in Floyd's mind a "safe" opponent, because Marquez can't really hurt Floyd.

My prediction remains, 116-112 Mayweather on all cards.

Jack
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 2 2009, 01:48 AM) *
I'm sorry, but I'm not debating with a guy that thinks Mosley, Marquez and Darchinyan were all paper champions.

I don't recall saying those guys were paper champions...
Fitz
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 06:49 AM) *
I don't recall saying those guys were paper champions...

You said that when you said Wlad was a paper champion. You used your website that tells you who are champions and who aren't. According to the website, Mosley, Darchinyan and Marquez were paper champions.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:04 PM) *
The biggest factor why Marquez could win this is obviously the lay-off of Mayweather. Marquez is one of the most skilled counterpunchers today. What gives Floyd the advantage in this fight is quickness and speed, and if that has been taken away by Floyd's ring activity, Marquez COULD win this, obviously.

However, as much as I would love to spit on the ground that Floyd walks on because I hate him so much, I do think Floyd's quickness won't be diminished enough for Marquez to win. Marquez has the edge in experience in major fights. Floyd has the edge in speed and ring generalship. Floyd won't fight like Castillo, which is Marquez's best chance at an upset. UNLESS his legs and reflexes have diminished enough from the layoff.

From the outside with the jab and quickness of Floyd, Marquez can certainly be competitive, but if it's an outside jab and move contest, anything that Marquez can do, Floyd can do one better in the ring generalship department. Another main reason why Floyd took this fight is because it's big money and in Floyd's mind a "safe" opponent, because Marquez can't really hurt Floyd.

My prediction remains, 116-112 Mayweather on all cards.

Jack

thing is jack i dont think mayweather was actually off as in not training etc... ceo put it the best a while back (i think it was ceo) when he said mayweather was smart in walking away and allowing the superfight to materialize... he has it set up... its the pac fight.. SHOULD they both win, and again imma say pac has a better chance of losing than may. then we will have an event on our hands.. but, i dont think pac can beat cotto... i actually hope im wrong cuzz id like to see those two lock up but i just see pac leaving the ring a winner unless he gets a bob arum decision... and if that happens its probably pretty clear who will win his fight with mayweather...
KookedKrack
for some reason i would rather see cotto vs may than pac, cotto is the better fighter imo and would give may a run for his money unlike pac who would get easily UD by may

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 2 2009, 07:41 PM) *
for some reason i would rather see cotto vs may than pac, cotto is the better fighter imo and would give may a run for his money unlike pac who would get easily UD by may

I used to always think Cotto would give Mayweather a tough fight, but not anymore. Cotto just does not seem the same since the Margs fight. But I am still picking him over Pac. I would tend to think Cotto is super motivated for this fight. I just can not see Pac blitzing Cotto out of there, but I can see Cotto hurting Pac in this fight. I think Floyd would just outslick Cotto at this point. Then again, we have not seen PBF in the ring for almost 2 years now, so who know what we will see?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 2 2009, 05:41 PM) *
You said that when you said Wlad was a paper champion. You used your website that tells you who are champions and who aren't. According to the website, Mosley, Darchinyan and Marquez were paper champions.

Well, I would need to go back and look at it.

Still, Roy's "reign" @ LHW was a sham. There's no doubt it...
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 2 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Well, I would need to go back and look at it.

Still, Roy's "reign" @ LHW was a sham. There's no doubt it...

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 2 2009, 11:41 PM) *

That was a well thought out and astute rebuttal.

You just showed the whole world the sum of your intelligence...
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 12:56 AM) *

And your definition of a real champion and paper champion showed the whole world your.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 12:56 AM) *

And your reasoning for considering those guys paper champions showed the whole world yours.

Besides why the hell are you in a Floyd thread talking about Fucking Roy Jones Jr.'s title reign was a sham. Take that shit somewhere else. Nobody wants to debate with you about this anymore. Nobody agrees with you but YOU!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 2 2009, 11:58 PM) *
And your definition of a real champion and paper champion showed the whole world your.

Unlike you, I can defend my position using reason and logic.

So, in that regard, there is an ocean that separates your intellect from mine...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 3 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Besides why the hell are you in a Floyd thread talking about Fucking Roy Jones Jr.'s title reign was a sham. Take that shit somewhere else. Nobody wants to debate with you about this anymore. Nobody agrees with you but YOU!

You sound like you're intimidated.

Penis envy?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Unlike you, I can defend my position using reason and logic.

So, in that regard, there is an ocean that separates your intellect from mine...

Your logic made bout as much since as Roy thinking the P4P King should be able to throw more left hooks than him at once. Piss Off!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 01:06 AM) *
You sound like you're intimidated.

Penis envy?

Intimidated by what? I'm just tired of hearing your bullshit reasoning as to why you consider these "WELL DESERVED" Champions paper Champions.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 3 2009, 12:09 AM) *
Intimidated by what? I'm just tired of hearing your bullshit reasoning as to why you consider these "WELL DESERVED" Champions paper Champions.

If you're so tired of my posts then take your gay ass to another forum, King Genius.

If not then quit your bitching and STFU....
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 01:13 AM) *
If you're so tired of my posts then take your gay ass to another forum, King Genius.

If not then quit your bitching and STFU....

No, just quit acting like your dumb as fuck and post with some common sense. Its not hard.........even a Cave Man can do it.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 3 2009, 12:19 AM) *
No, just quit acting like your dumb as fuck and post with some common sense. Its not hard.........even a Cave Man can do it.

Before you can tell someone else to post with some "common sense" - you first need to have some.

Take a healthy dosage of your own advice....
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 3 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Before you can tell someone else to post with some "common sense" - you first need to have some.

My Apologies..............for assuming you had any.
Jack 1000
Nay Sayer and King Eugene,

Let's watch the name-calling guys. If you want to do that, please take it to the Smack Talk forum. This thread is for people to talk about Mayweather's training for his fight. Please don't flame each other.

Back to the topic at hand.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.