Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Pacquiao-Cotto Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The CEO
PLEASE post your vote.....and any detailed predictions if you like...

I got Cotto stopping Pacquiao in the 7th round.
D-MARV
I voted for Pac.

UD/Late stoppage
CyruS
You know where I'm going C.

Cotto via decapitation. smile_anim.gif
lloyd mayflower
Went with Pac, but its not what i want.
JD
Pacquiao...leaning toward a late stoppage.

Cotto's feet will be his downfall. Team Pac will get the training camp issues sorted.
provo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 30 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Went with Pac, but its not what i want.

LOL! I Voted the same . Went with Pac but all be going for Cotto..I can't stand pac .

Just wanted 2 say thanks to someone who gave a good site about Boxing Carrer sets ,I forgot who it was that said wcboxingsource
I order the Mayweather carrer set and im fukn happy and satisfied !
Lil-lightsout
Cotto by 5th round KO. As long as Cotto keeps his hands up(opposite of Hatton), and does not get caught with any bombs from Pac early, he will put it on Pac and get him out of there. Cotto's power and bodyshots are very good, and he should be able to get to Pac. I am still waiting for Pac to get hit flush a couple of times since the JMM rematch. Cotto is also an excellent boxer who has just about seen it all, he should be able to figure out Pac early and mount his own offense.
Spyder
For a fighter that only had one punch just a few years ago, Pac has really developed into a well balanced fighter. His aggression, speed, and accuracy will win it for him. It won't be Hatton easy, but I can't see Cotto keeping pace with him. Too much in-and-out, with Cotto stalking him around the ring.

More clean punches wins this.

Pac UD...or potential stoppage from cuts.

My BigG pick...I think Pac is too fast for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cotto catches him. lol
torvix2000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 31 2009, 02:05 AM) *
Cotto by 5th round KO. As long as Cotto keeps his hands up(opposite of Hatton), and does not get caught with any bombs from Pac early, he will put it on Pac and get him out of there.

A lot of holes in Cotto's defense will be the result of him trying to catch Pacquiao.
JLUVBABY
aint nuthin changed... im going with cotto with a number 1 ass whippin...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Pac TKO 10
kidbazooka1
Pacquiao by late rd stoppage in a competitve fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 31 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Just wanted 2 say thanks to someone who gave a good site about Boxing Carrer sets ,I forgot who it was that said wcboxingsource
I order the Mayweather carrer set and im fukn happy and satisfied !

Wow you must be easily satisfied watching Mayweathers career.

That said Pac. Too fast & too sharp for Cotto IMO. Not to say I don't think Cotto can beat him I just don't see it happening unless he lands something huge.
Keith
Cotto by TKO after round 9
The Original MrFactor
Cotto beats Pacquiao by blistering body attack. Pac wont see round 7.
streetlion1
Cotto will win this fight. Everything stands in his favor except for speed. He has more power, a better jab, great body puncher, and just has overall better technical ability.

I have Pacman winning the first couple rounds but by round 6-7-8 he will get K.Oed. I just dont see Manny winning this fight...he s biting off more than he can chew.
singletrack
Cotto by late stoppage. I see Pacman hitting the canvas multiple times in this fight.
tottenham19
Pacquiao by late round stoppage IMO.
xxxxxx
I voted Cotto. I will hold my prediction for how/when as the fight gets closer. But it's hard to see this one go the distance.
iron_mike
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Aug 31 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Pacquiao by late round stoppage IMO.

x5, or maybe earlier, 7 or 8 rds...Cotto is looking like JT the way he gasses out towards rd 8 and above
KookedKrack
cotto kos him in the 6th
bucktrain
Pacquiao by KO in the later rounds.. too much speed for Cotto and he goes guns blazing for all 12 rounds
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm going with Cotto by UD. I believe that Pacquiao has enough heart, stamina and guile to be able to go the distance. That being said, he's in for a tough night. Pacquiao is a force even at these weights but Cotto is a complete welterweight. He has power, quickness, timing, a good chin, an Olympic pedigree and that damn bodypunching. I think Cotto will find it comforting to be in against a guy who can be hit flush, as opposed to Clottey who turtles up and does show that he's absorbing punishment.

Of course the problem is Pacquiao's handspeed, which has befuddled damn near everyone except for Morales and Marquez. Cotto though, has faced guys with good footwork and handspeed before. Those men being, Malignaggi, Judah, Quintana, Mosley and maybe Corley (He was pretty fast). Cotto was able to chase down all of those guys and either stopped them or put a beating on them. Even Mosley could do no more than to clinch in the middle rounds in front of Cotto's assault. Luckily for him, Cotto tends to fade late in the fights, which will be a problem against Cotto unless he can sufficiently deplete Pacquiao's energy via bodyshots.

Even though Pacquiao has handspeed and power, a combination that Cotto has only enncoutnered against Zab Judah and even then Judah did not set a high activity rate like the one Pacquiao will, I think Pacquiao is biting off more than he can chew seeing as how Cotto has good counterpunching, power, an ability to cut off the ring and posseses a good chin.
gbh32001
Voted.. Pac by way of round 1 brutal KO,more brutal than Hatton was.
If this will not happen, Cotto will take a dive before 5th round.
I saw Pac previous three bouts like a well scripted story that directed by Arum and written by Roach.LOL!
superKpacmanO
PACMAN BY 6 OR 7TH ROUND MANNY IS TOO FAST JUS AS POWERFULL AS COTTO AGILITY BETTER N STRENTH N STAMINA GO TO PACMAN. COTTO HAS BEEN DOWN;. MANNY PACQUIAO HAS NOT SEEN THA GROUND N ABOUT 9 YEARS COTTO SEEN IT RECENCNTLY BUT U FOOLZ WILL SEE MARQUEZ GOEZ DOWN TO MAYWEATHER JR . MANNY OVER COTTO TKO, N ITS SET PACMAN WILL DEFEAT MAYWEATHER JR WIT IT ALL ON THA LINE NO DOUBTTTT!!
KookedKrack
my eyes just bled a little
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (superKpacmanO @ Aug 31 2009, 03:52 PM) *
PACMAN BY 6 OR 7TH ROUND MANNY IS TOO FAST JUS AS POWERFULL AS COTTO AGILITY BETTER N STRENTH N STAMINA GO TO PACMAN. COTTO HAS BEEN DOWN;. MANNY PACQUIAO HAS NOT SEEN THA GROUND N ABOUT 9 YEARS COTTO SEEN IT RECENCNTLY BUT U FOOLZ WILL SEE MARQUEZ GOEZ DOWN TO MAYWEATHER JR . MANNY OVER COTTO TKO, N ITS SET PACMAN WILL DEFEAT MAYWEATHER JR WIT IT ALL ON THA LINE NO DOUBTTTT!!

W.T.F?.... LOL!!!!!!!
Keith
24 foot ring? WTF. This changes everything... if Cotto loses this fight he only has himself to blame for getting railroaded in negotiations.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (superKpacmanO @ Aug 31 2009, 04:52 PM) *

Great first post.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (superKpacmanO @ Aug 31 2009, 04:52 PM) *

Wow, I bet your that type of person who thinks if you talk louder your arguments are better.

Welcome to the forums!!
The CEO
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 31 2009, 09:06 PM) *
24 foot ring? WTF. This changes everything... if Cotto loses this fight he only has himself to blame for getting railroaded in negotiations.

lol...this poll was deadlocked up until it was announced there was gonna be a 2400 square feet ring...but don't worry about your prediction, Keith.....ring size won't matter...

Pacquiao's Pride won't allow him to stick and move all night...he'll jump in trying to do some extra stickin'...and that's when HE'LL get stuck...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 31 2009, 08:06 PM) *

keith the bigger ring might make the fight a little more interesting but i doubt it will matter.. cotto is a good boxer too so... this is cottos fight in my opinion...no matter the ring size...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 31 2009, 09:44 PM) *
lol...this poll was deadlocked up until it was announced there was gonna be a 2400 square feet ring...but don't worry about your prediction, Keith.....ring size won't matter...

Pacquiao's Pride won't allow him to stick and move all night...he'll jump in trying to do some extra stickin'...and that's when HE'LL get stuck...

agreed.. hey man we need to get back on the game...
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 31 2009, 10:51 PM) *
agreed.. hey man we need to get back on the game...

what??....did my stick and move comment remind you of the jabbin' and runnin' YOUR COUSIN did against me...lol

Anyway...if YOU wanna dance with me...lol...we can do it now....Heavyweights.
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 31 2009, 10:44 PM) *

Alright, I will stick with my balls.
torvix2000
Where the heck did you get this idea - 24 ft ring? LOL! It's useless for Pac anyway. Give it to Floyd.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 31 2009, 09:54 PM) *
what??....did my stick and move comment remind you of the jabbin' and runnin' YOUR COUSIN did against me...lol

Anyway...if YOU wanna dance with me...lol...we can do it now....Heavyweights.

lol.. wait till this weekend ceo and its on... i told you i was myc lil cuzzins dojo master for fightnight... lol...

better yet we need a special section for the fight gamers on this sight.. that would be pretty cool.. a section for the guys to talk about the fights and maybe even have some type of ranking system.... you listening hype?
Method
Was Cotto before and remain Cotto.
Lil-lightsout
Three things worry me about this fight.

1- An injury occurs during training and the fight gets postponed.
2- Pac and Roach will pull out to due training conflicts and reports of Cotto looking too good.
3- Headbutt very early in the fight causing a horrible cut.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 1 2009, 01:28 PM) *
Three things worry me about this fight.

1- An injury occurs during training and the fight gets postponed.
2- Pac and Roach will pull out to due training conflicts and reports of Cotto looking too good.
3- Headbutt very early in the fight causing a horrible cut.

oooh man please dont jinx this fight.... lol....
Big Slim Sweet
I've got Pacman by lumpfaced TKO 10. Corner or doctor waves it off.
askthesage
I'm going with Pacquiao on this fight, probably a TKO in the later rounds.

More about this fight: visit askthesage.webs.com
leonthegee
personally i dont care who wins. im tired of all the bullshit that has happened in negotiating this fight and these two queers have the same promoter. its obvious that arum favored pacquiao. the may v pacquiao negotiations are gonna be off the hook. i wonder how long there gonna bullshit before somebody throws in the towel and looks at another fighter.
1zz
I really like both fighters but I feel that Cotto will simply just be the bigger,more damaging fighter in the ring and will try to take Pac out early.
If Pac can make it to the later rounds he has a chance to win.
iron_mike
Pac, no stoppage on cuts, ref stoppage in the 7th or Cotto will remain on stool for start of 8th
Fadetwist
Pac TKO 8
imhere
ill go with the pacman if cotto will not play dirty hitting pacmans balls. i watched cottos fight and each time hes in trouble he do something dirty.
Imperius3
Pacquiao's speed is going to make Cotto miss a lot...causing him to tire down the stretch. I've got Pacquiao, but I haven't decided on a stoppage or a decision yet.
AussieLad
Mayweather pisses mega dollars and a major fight up against the wall by taking the marquez fight over pac.

Cotto stops pac and we never get to see mayweather vs pac
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 10 2009, 07:28 AM) *
Mayweather pisses mega dollars and a major fight up against the wall by taking the marquez fight over pac.

Cotto stops pac and we never get to see mayweather vs pac

I'd be even more happy seeing Cotto vs Mayweather. I'd be surprised IF Mayweather fights Cotto after after he destroys pac...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.