Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Kostya Tszyu in the making?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
By Mark Vester

Tim Tszyu, the 14-year-old son of former champion Kostya Tszyu, is making waves in the Australian amateur ranks and plans to become a star like his father. Tim is the Australian Golden Gloves junior welterweight champion. Tim has had five fights so far and stopped four of them inside the distance. Kostya has been inactive since being stopped by Ricky Hatton in 2005.

Tim is being trained by his uncle Igor Goloubev, who is married to Kostya's sister.

"I like Tim's aggression, he has the killer instinct of his father," Goloubev told The Daily Telegraph .

NSW official Paul Toweel, nephew of the former South African world champ Vic Toweel, said Tim has the tools and talent of his legendary father.

"He is a terrific boxer with the same steely determination as Kostya," Toweel said. 'He is also a real down to earth kid with great family support. His grandfather Boris is always at the fights to support him just as he supported his son Kostya throughout his career."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ boxingvester@gmail.com

You Aussies heard anything of him?
Fitz
No I haven't. Obviously I knew he had a son, but haven't heard of him regarding as an amateur. Though I hope it's all true, I would love nothing more than a Tszyu Jr. I have no problems if we have another guy with the same traits and class as his father.
D-MARV
As long as they don't bring him up like "another son of a legend" then I'm cool with it. I wish the young man all the luck in the world.
kidbazooka1
Not to jinks he kid but sons of great fighters don't usually folllow there dads greatness i.e Chavez Jr, Hearns, Camacho, Paez and countless others.

If the father was a bum or a mediocre than the kid might have a chance to be a great one ala the Mayweathers Floy Sr. was nothing specail but look at Jr.
WindyCityP
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 3 2009, 12:50 AM) *
As long as they don't bring him up like "another son of a legend" then I'm cool with it. I wish the young man all the luck in the world.

Amen to that. Kostya is one of my favs of all time. I just wish he was more active during his career. One of the best 140lbers ever.
AussieLad
Apparently he is quite good, and all signs indicate he has inherited his old mans power. They also seem to be having trouble finding suitable opponents, because when the other kids in his range hear he is the son of tszyu they dont want any part of fighting him

Of course time will tell, as histories precedent suggests mosts sons of great fighters cant live up to the hype. But you cant ask for a better role model and teacher than kostya
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 2 2009, 10:39 PM) *
No I haven't. Obviously I knew he had a son, but haven't heard of him regarding as an amateur. Though I hope it's all true, I would love nothing more than a Tszyu Jr. I have no problems if we have another guy with the same traits and class as his father.

Have not heard anything but all I seem to do these days is work, eat & sleep.

As above but does anyone know if Zab has a son around that age?

Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 3 2009, 08:50 PM) *
As above but does anyone know if Zab has a son around that age?

Even if he did, he is probably a dead beat on the streets smoking crack.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 3 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Even if he did, he is probably a dead beat on the streets smoking crack.

Stuttering like his fucking father & probably dances like him too.
iron_mike
QUOTE (WindyCityP @ Sep 2 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Amen to that. Kostya is one of my favs of all time. I just wish he was more active during his career. One of the best 140lbers ever.

x100, agreed!! One of my all time favs. He had class, style, and a disgustingly sharp, laser like right hand. I remember reading his book, Timophey, I think, kind of like Timothy, but slightly different spelling. Wish him all the luck in the future. Will he sport the same hair is the most important question
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 3 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Will he sport the same hair is the most important question

We can only hope that he does..That'd be great..Kostya's son has a real chance I think..The way that Kostya is,brings me a lot of hope for his son..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.