Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taylor vs Abraham Result
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
Abraham stops Jermain late!
Douchebag
This can't come as surprise to anybody.
D-MARV
I'm leaning towards this as well. I expect Taylor to be up on the cards too.
iron_mike
WTF?? tourney started already?? when was this????
iron_mike
pricks!!! im thinking wasnt as least october 1st match?? who knows, abraham jumping to 168 for 1st time, but the way JT gasses late, like Cotto, wouldn't be a big surprise
JD
LOL...10/17
Snoop
LOL. Why would they have the fight in the middle of the week and the result not be posted on any of the major sites. What a random joke to play on people.
iron_mike
Exactly...I'm deeply hurt and offended...but this joke is prob a dead on accurate prediction.

Everyone (most I think) Kessler is the fave, but I wouldn't be surprised if either Andre wins the whole thing. I'd be happy if anyone except that mush faced Froch wins.
JLUVBABY
my pick for the tourney is andre ward...
Method
Was just somewhat of a joke as JD and I were bullshitting online. Wasn't really seriously trying to get over on everyone. Figured everyone would pretty much "get it". He said, "I can tell ya right now what's gonna happens", and I said, "yeah, might as well go start a spoiler thread".
iron_mike
It's all good, I knew no way could've started, especially like someone said on a weekday, but the initial shock is what got me...

Dirrell is growing on me. I hated his ass when he bike rode the entire fight vs Curtis Stevens, but he looked 10x better his next 2 or 3 fights. He's got nice speed, reminds me of Dawson a little with the fast combos.

I think it's Ward vs Kessler in the finals.

I still have a soft spot for Taylor tho
The CEO
LOL!...Meth's the best at that shit...he got me earlier this year on the "Pacquiao INJURED!" thing...

and I got another "spoiler" concerning the Average 6 tourney...

Ward outclasses Kessler and wins by clean and clear UD.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 4 2009, 03:58 PM) *
my pick for the tourney is andre ward...

I'm with you man,ONLY if he beats Kessler..Mark my word,the winner of the Ward/Kessler fight wins the tourney..Me and one of my guys made a bet and we both picked 2 guys and even though they fight each other first,I picked both of them..
oozemcbuck
I think Abraham is gonna win that. He can bang and he's probaby the toughest out of all of them, i think. I just think ward hasn't been tested yet. All i know is that WE finally win, cuz this tourney is HOT !! Every division should do the same. There would be so many fights that they can put them on basic cable, and the better matches on the big networks. Sheit, they'd be a fight every DAY on tv with some type of significance. That would expose boxing back to the masses..... ( and then i woke up)
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 5 2009, 02:25 AM) *
I'm with you man,ONLY if he beats Kessler..Mark my word,the winner of the Ward/Kessler fight wins the tourney..Me and one of my guys made a bet and we both picked 2 guys and even though they fight each other first,I picked both of them..

blaze.. i been saying this... andre ward reminds me of a poor mans version of roy jones jr... i think he is the goods only with better fundamentals... maybe not as quick or what not but overall they have a pretty similiar style.. i.m.o... i am very high on him and i think he makes kessler look like a novice, well maybe not a novice but i think he wins the fight... lol...
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 4 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Abraham stops Jermain late!

just because this happened twice to him u really think he will allow this to happen as his contender status slips through his grasp anyway jermain taylor to stop abraham he is way to slow hand and foot speed all jt has to do is keep him turnin since abraham has to be set to punch and if im not mistaken jt has the reach advantage anway jt 9th round stopage
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 4 2009, 11:29 PM) *
LOL!...Meth's the best at that shit...he got me earlier this year on the "Pacquiao INJURED!" thing...

I remember when he pulled the "Pacquiao INJURED!" thread. He didn't even respond once after he posted it. LOL.
MarzB
What if Taylor wins then what?? I'm not ready to write him off yet because the fights he's lost he could have easily won or were pretty damn close (Pavlik II). Jermain's problem I believe is his mesomorph build doesn't help his stamina issues. He needs to get a guy like Mackie Shilstone or someone than can address his conditioning issues.

He was coasting his way to a victory against Froch before he just got exhausted. Put me down for him having TOO MUCH TOO LOSE to just go out. He has the ability to outbox Abraham and provided he just establish his good jab at the beginning, I don't see him having much problems going late.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 6 2009, 11:35 AM) *
What if Taylor wins then what?? I'm not ready to write him off yet because the fights he's lost he could have easily won or were pretty damn close (Pavlik II). Jermain's problem I believe is his mesomorph build doesn't help his stamina issues. He needs to get a guy like Mackie Shilstone or someone than can address his conditioning issues.

He was coasting his way to a victory against Froch before he just got exhausted. Put me down for him having TOO MUCH TOO LOSE to just go out. He has the ability to outbox Abraham and provided he just establish his good jab at the beginning, I don't see him having much problems going late.

I agree with all the above...only one problem....jermains kryptonite has always been "he doesn't listen"

He has all the fundamental tools to rule. He's not dynamic but he's strong, has heart and obviously power to keep people in check and hurt them...but if I know in my mind eventually you will gas late that is all i need to rally late and win.

I think he just needs to pace himself, establish his presence early on, clinch, jab more, stop trying to hurt with every shot and get it in his mind the last 3 rds he needs to make it understood he is there and not running out of gas as he tends to do ALOT even early on in his career.
The Original MrFactor
I dont think Jermaine Taylor's career makes it to the end of the tourney. I think one more brutal KO ends his career. I think of all of the guys in this tourney, Taylor will need a sub. I think Abraham is the dark horse to win it all... Its like,since he's found the turtle shell defense, he's been very dominant in his recent wins. I think he KO's Taylor BEFORE Taylors fatigue sets in... I'm thinking around the 5th or 6th, JT's run will be over...
ezdoseit
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 6 2009, 11:34 PM) *
I dont think Jermaine Taylor's career makes it to the end of the tourney. I think one more brutal KO ends his career. I think of all of the guys in this tourney, Taylor will need a sub. I think Abraham is the dark horse to win it all... Its like,since he's found the turtle shell defense, he's been very dominant in his recent wins. I think he KO's Taylor BEFORE Taylors fatigue sets in... I'm thinking around the 5th or 6th, JT's run will be over...

maybe i forgot but who has abraham beat name one world class fighter he has beaten none that i can think of so with that being said how can u say his recent wins were dominant when he was supposed to win this is another hype job... he may not when a round jermaine has fought world champ afther world champ now this guy who is one and one vs marainda....... marainda is trash as we all know so how can u say he's gonna stop jermaine taylor what makes u belive thislet me know
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 7 2009, 07:11 AM) *
maybe i forgot but who has abraham beat name one world class fighter he has beaten none that i can think of so with that being said how can u say his recent wins were dominant when he was supposed to win this is another hype job... he may not when a round jermaine has fought world champ afther world champ now this guy who is one and one vs marainda....... marainda is trash as we all know so how can u say he's gonna stop jermaine taylor what makes u belive thislet me know

Just ask Carl Froch whose gonna win. Froch's resume was on par with Abraham's. Beleive it or not Edison miranda was a world class fighter when Abraham beat him BOTH times. He also beat Howard Eastman who was coming off a loss to bernard Hopkins. Abraham is a solid fighter who uses the turtle shell as well as Winky Wright. the difference is that Abraham comes back with speed and power. he'll be tough to beat in the tourney... he will stop JT in the first half of the fight...
MarzB
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 8 2009, 12:04 AM) *
Just ask Carl Froch whose gonna win. Froch's resume was on par with Abraham's. Beleive it or not Edison miranda was a world class fighter when Abraham beat him BOTH times. He also beat Howard Eastman who was coming off a loss to bernard Hopkins. Abraham is a solid fighter who uses the turtle shell as well as Winky Wright. the difference is that Abraham comes back with speed and power. he'll be tough to beat in the tourney... he will stop JT in the first half of the fight...

I don't see it happening (Taylor being STOPPED) especially if JT's jab is really working for him.
Big Slim Sweet
I agree Abraham stops JT sometime between rounds 4-7.
Lil-lightsout
Have seen a few of Abrahams fights, but not enough to see him tested against someone like JT. I slightly favor Abraham cause of his power and JT lack of a great chin and stamina issues. But just maybe JT could outbox him the whole night and put together a good performance?
Romulus9
Jermain's best shot is to come out and win the first 7 rounds, and then try not to fall down somewhere in the last 5 (see Dana Rosenblatt vs. Terry Norris). If he can steal one from 8-12, so be it. Certainly, if the stamina issues have even improved by a round or two, he can outwork Abraham, who tends to spend a great deal of time doing very little during some of the early rounds.

The talent is there, the experience is there. Taylor just needs to learn how to relax, learn how to fight more than six solid rounds, and keep his left hand above his waist.
Method
All kidding aside, I really hope JT does well. I am pulling for him in this thing. I think money has satiated the hunger a bit, and I know he's had a tendency to be distracted in camps. That said, if the getaway to Manny's camp in the Poconos didn't help, I'm wondering how the Houston camp is gonna be any different.

They need Pat Burns. Period.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 9 2009, 08:31 PM) *
They need Pat Burns. Period.

Absolutely. 100%. Right.
D-MARV
Sadly, I think JT will be going to sleep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.