Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 19 year old filipino wins title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Undefeated filipino prospect Marvin Sonsona became a world champion by beating the very tough and experienced Jose Lopez of Puerto Rico. Sonsona improved his record to 14-0-12KO's he pretty much just overwhelmed Lopez for the entire fight and almost had him out in the 4th rd.

At only 19 years old the kid seems to be the real deal he's trained by Nonito Donaire Sr. and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.
BigG
THAT was an excellent fight..one of the best of the year IMO...I love Sonsona...the kid is amazing....
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 5 2009, 02:32 PM) *
THAT was an excellent fight..one of the best of the year IMO...I love Sonsona...the kid is amazing....

He has real good power and seems mature for his age aswell i see the kid doing big things in his division.
JonnyBlaze
They are replaying this fight tomorrow or Monday I think for all who missed it..
gbh32001
This kid has the charactheristic of a prizefighter, chin,heart, agressiveness,i want to see him box again.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 6 2009, 01:10 AM) *
They are replaying this fight tomorrow or Monday I think for all who missed it..

what channel johhny?
iron_mike
yes, wht channel? VS? espn CLASSIC?
imhere
whoa!!! really? at the tender age of 19, he already got a world title? thats something. hope to see more of him
Fadetwist
Sonsona VS Lopez Knockout

Great fight!! That kid has some power in such a small frame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.