Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THIS Marquez vs. THE Pacquiao @ 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Gimmie this Marquez against the Pacquiao of the DLH/Hatton fights.....my reasoning?.....well...he beat Pacquiao (on my card) in their last fight and is lookin' great on the show.....like he's at his best.....he's training like a fuckin' professional ANIMAL out there...

Yeah...I'm respecting the HELL outta Marquez right now....if Mayweather makes "easy work" of him, Lil' Floyd will deserve some props....

VOTE!
thehype
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Marquez is bigger than a lot of people think and the motherfucker is smart inside that ring...in my opinion, he's going to give Floyd a much tougher fight than expected. However, that being said, if Floyd beats the shit out of him and makes easy work of the lightweight champion, then Floyd will also beat the shit out of THE Pacquiao and make easy work of him too.
JD
Pac right now stops Marquez right now at 140...JMM's legs are going.

AussieLad
I think marquez is a more skilled boxer than pac for sure. But, the reason why pac will fair better than marquez against floyd is simple. Speed and power. Marquez has to outbox floyd to win, which is fairly unlikely. Pac has a much better chance of landing a fight changing blow than marquez has of outboxing floyd.
provo
I gotta go with JMM on this he basically won the first 2 fights already ,imean who do u kno that gets droped 3 times and comes back to a draw ? That means he had to kick your ass to get that draw ! LoL ,2nd fight JMM won! If they fought at 140 JMM ,IMO would stop pac in the late rounds...
I think pac and JMM will happen next year ! JMM will loose to floyd and pac "HOPEFULLY" will loose to cotto . So that means they gotta fight again..lol
Fitz
I agree with JD. Tip for some people. Don't let 'physical' appearance get the better of you.
KookedKrack
pac man is making movies and shit and marquez is in oxygen space tanks ......marquez stops him late this go round imo....
Box in Hand
I know 24/7 is a lot of smoke and mirrors but Marquez looks heavy and slow. Maybe the piss isn't working. Nacho keeps crying for speed but Marquez just don't have any. He's smart though and a jab can beat May. I think this Marquez still beats Pac. He has his number and always will, just like Tarver will always have Jone's number.
D-MARV
This is gonna be REALLY close fight.
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 6 2009, 01:16 AM) *
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Marquez is bigger than a lot of people think and the motherfucker is smart inside that ring...in my opinion, he's going to give Floyd a much tougher fight than expected. However, that being said, if Floyd beats the shit out of him and makes easy work of the lightweight champion, then Floyd will also beat the shit out of THE Pacquiao and make easy work of him too.

You and me both have been preaching this all year long....about how all these names are around the same size....people should be listening to us and taking our words as Gospel by now....lol

and yes...if Mayweather owns Marquez, he will most certainly own Packy as well...

QUOTE (JD @ Sep 6 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Pac right now stops Marquez right now at 140...JMM's legs are going.

Could very well be true about JMM's legs...but JMM is smarter than Pacquiao....and the smarter fighter ALWAYS wins.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 6 2009, 11:18 AM) *
I know 24/7 is a lot of smoke and mirrors but Marquez looks heavy and slow. Maybe the piss isn't working. Nacho keeps crying for speed but Marquez just don't have any. He's smart though and a jab can beat May. I think this Marquez still beats Pac. He has his number and always will, just like Tarver will always have Jone's number.

Huh?....he looks pretty quick with his combos and has some pop if you ask me...

Nacho is just pushing him like a good trainer's supposed to do....
Keith
I would take Pac. If you take JMM your basically saying he is a better fighter now then he has been over the past 5 years. I dont see that...he's still great but not any better then the guy who lost to Pac twice (dont yell, the judge incorrectly marked his card in the first fight). Pac has clearly become a more complete fighter and is still in the prime of his career. What do you guys think would be different? Before the 2nd fight, JMM said "No way I'm going down this time" and still got sent to the canvas. It probably cost him the fight. JMM already "out-boxed" Pac for the better part of two fights and still couldnt muster a W. Is he all of a sudden going to become a more powerful puncher and send Pac to the canvas?
King Eugene
I think Pac blows him out of the water at this point. Please lets not forget Marquez wasn't looking too spiffy in the early part of the Diaz fight and Diaz isn't in the same class as Manny. Manny will jump on him early and finish him early. Just like this Marquez is better, this Manny is better.
JD
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 6 2009, 01:59 PM) *
Could very well be true about JMM's legs...but JMM is smarter than Pacquiao....and the smarter fighter ALWAYS wins.

laugh.gif

Oh there is no doubt Marquez is a smarter fighter than Pac. By virtue of being as competitive as he was with the deficit in speed, power, legs, strength and maybe even stamina - he would have to be smarter...though knocking back glasses of your own urine sure doesn't seem all that smart to me.

After the Diaz fight, I felt as though Marquez was clearly losing his legs...add that to what we saw in the Diaz - Malignaggi fight, and I think it accentuates the point about JMM's legs.
Big Slim Sweet
I think Pac KO's JMM if they ever fight again, and I think PBF KO's him in two weeks. The fight will be somewhat competitive for around 4 rounds or so. Once Floyd shakes the rust off I expect him to lay the smackdown on Juan.
JLUVBABY
i think marquez has pacs number, and he knows it.. thats why he's so hell bent on fighting him again... similar to the way norton had ali's number.. even though ali got the nod in 2 of those fights you can argue norton won all 3... same can be said bout the marquez pac fights...
torvix2000
1st fight: 3 knockdowns, Marquez almost lost
2nd fight: 1 knockdown, Marquez lost

3rd fight: no knockdown, Marquez still loses

Why? Marquez isn't getting any better.
Aware
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 6 2009, 08:39 PM) *
1st fight: 3 knockdowns, Marquez almost lost
2nd fight: 1 knockdown, Marquez lost

3rd fight: no knockdown, Marquez still loses

Why? Marquez isn't getting any better.

"almost lost" when you frame it like that you are showing your bias.
torvix2000
LOL!

Bias? I could have said "He lost, unfortunately one judge admitted to making a mistake.".
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 7 2009, 06:05 AM) *
LOL!

Bias? I could have said "He lost, unfortunately one judge admitted to making a mistake.".

Ya, to me this is almost a non issue. If the judge had marked his card correctly JMM would have little claim to receiving a 3rd fight.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 6 2009, 02:07 PM) *
After the Diaz fight, I felt as though Marquez was clearly losing his legs...add that to what we saw in the Diaz - Malignaggi fight, and I think it accentuates the point about JMM's legs.

I couldn't agree more.

JMM is 36 and moving up two weight classes for one last big payday. Floyd will destroy him with the jab alone. This will be JMM's last fight.

bucktrain
Pac by a total knock out.. Diaz gassed out which is how Marquez knocked him out, Pac is stronger, faster, and doesnt gas out like Diaz.
torvix2000
Well, Marquez vs Pac at 142. Marquez gets knocked out.
JD
I agree.
The CEO
I don't know...Marquez doesn't fear Pacquiao and knows he can beat him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 20 2009, 05:45 AM) *
I don't know...Marquez doesn't fear Pacquiao and knows he can beat him.

Well, true. But this is irrelevant since his reflexes won't be able to keep up with his brains anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.