Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtimes 168 lb Tourney
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pacco_diablo
It's amazing to see promoters working together to make this happen. It's fucking fantastic. They actually got the best fighters involved. It's events like these that will save boxing from losing fans to MMA.

At this point I cant pick a winner, but I'll be rooting for one of the Andres'. It's time for them to shine.
JLUVBABY
i would like to have seen kelly pavlik and allen green added to the list tho.. super 8...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 6 2009, 12:59 PM) *
i would like to have seen kelly pavlik and allen green added to the list tho.. super 8...

Pavlik thinks he's above it or he is scared of the high weight one. You seen what happen to him the last time he tipped over 166.
Big Slim Sweet
I would have liked to have seen Bute and Andrade added to the list.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 6 2009, 02:14 PM) *
Pavlik thinks he's above it or he is scared of the high weight one. You seen what happen to him the last time he tipped over 166.

the winner of this tourney will have it made... major names on the resume should be able to be parlayed into a super fight vs. the man at light heavy or even a pavlik or who ever the man is at 160 by that time...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 6 2009, 02:14 PM) *

i agree with you pavlik doesnt seem to want to test waters over 160 after the hopkins fight...
Fitz
Pavlik thinks the tournament is beneath him, lol. In reality he is just looking to take baby steps after Hopkins broke him down mentally. There is a possibility Hopkins turned him into a binge drinker and is now getting drunk of pre mixed bourbon and cola cans. Eat a dick.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 6 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Pavlik thinks the tournament is beneath him, lol. In reality he is just looking to take baby steps after Hopkins broke him down mentally. There is a possibility Hopkins turned him into a binge drinker and is now getting drunk of pre mixed bourbon and cola cans. Eat a dick.

who's your pick for pavlik williams fitz?... im leaning towards williams... i think the early rounds will show a lot... if williams is dealing with pavliks punch that can be williams night...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 7 2009, 09:21 AM) *
who's your pick for pavlik williams fitz?... im leaning towards williams... i think the early rounds will show a lot... if williams is dealing with pavliks punch that can be williams night...

Are they even fighting still? Last I heard Pavlik pulled out due to an injury (raging alcoholic).
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 6 2009, 11:17 PM) *

You reckon he is getting stuck into the 440ml Woodstocks or what?

Fact is that it is beneath him. He is the middleweight champion & should be concerntrating on the 160lb fighters & beating them unless he wants to relinquish the strap & step up to 168.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 6 2009, 11:30 PM) *
Are they even fighting still? Last I heard Pavlik pulled out due to an injury (raging alcoholic).

Man you are like Krese from Karate Kid. No mercy!
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 7 2009, 09:44 AM) *
You reckon he is getting stuck into the 440ml Woodstocks or what?

Haha, I don't know if that's a drink mainly here in OZ, but if Pavlik were in OZ, it would almost be a certainty it would be the can of woodstocks.
STEVENSKI
Woodstock is up there with Black Jack bourbon in the so seedy it tastes great when you are a teenager.

I always used to drink Volsk vodka $17.99 a bottle back in the day but I think they pulled it because it was basically metho for kids.
Fitz
I went through a couple of phases as a teenage kid.

• Woodstock
  • Wild Turkey
  • Lemon Ruski
  • Spumante/Passionpop ($3-$4 bottle of champagne)
  • $10 cask of wine, the one with the metallic goon bag inside the cardboard box. Could do about 4-5 kids, lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 6 2009, 09:43 PM) *
I went through a couple of phases as a teenage kid.

• Woodstock
  • Wild Turkey
  • Lemon Ruski
  • Spumante/Passionpop ($3-$4 bottle of champagne)
  • $10 cask of wine, the one with the metallic goon bag inside the cardboard box. Could do about 4-5 kids, lol.

Ha ha! Pavlik really does look like a guy who could 'crack a woody!' (Antipodean joke.)
STEVENSKI
Good old caskies were the shit. A 2 litre goon bag & a 2 litre OJ & I was set for the night.
lloyd mayflower
Can someone give me the lowdown on Andre Dirrell, is he any good, and more importantly now that you lot in america have had a chance to look at Froch, will Dirrell beat him? I only ask because the odds on Dirrell here in the uk are reasonably decent and im not really a Froch fan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.