FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Thoughts?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 7 2009, 03:21 AM) *
Thoughts?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
Keith
I cant ever see Mayorga at 147 again. Where is this coming from?
Fitz
Currently? Mayorga would struggle to make 147 and he is switching to MMA anyways from the reports of fighthype. If it's a prime fight, I think Cotto wins it, but Mayorga would give him some trouble. You have a guy with good power at 147 that won't stop coming and an iron chin. It would have been a tough fight for Cotto, as I think it's a bad style match up for him.
lloyd mayflower
Thought number 1: Why???
Thought number 2 is yet to present itself
Nay_Sayer
Maybe I should rephrase the question.

Pre-Spinks Mayorga vs pre-Margarito Cotto...

Thoughts?
Rperez
would be a nice fight to see smile.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Cotto takes the steam out of the human windmill mayo with some sharp shooting to the body and then takes him out late. mayo is actually one tough hombre though and it's interesting for as long as it lasts.

How the fuck Vernon lost to him twice is beyond me.
Warlord
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 8 2009, 02:11 AM) *
Cotto takes the steam out of the human windmill mayo with some sharp shooting to the body and then takes him out late. mayo is actually one tough hombre though and it's interesting for as long as it lasts.

How the fuck Vernon lost to him twice is beyond me.

Fight #1: He understimated him, got careless, and tried to brawl.

Fight #2: He was intimidated, pure and simple, and overly-cautious due to the ass-whipping he'd taken earlier. Forrest's timidity in the face of Mayorga's aggression cost him the decision, IMO.

(Mayorga/Forrest I was a CLASSIC example of an ass-whipping, for all you ignorant mother fuckers out there who are still trying to grasp the concept.)
GB74
Mayorga VS Cotto

Exciting Match up on Paper and maybe even for a couple of rounds, but Cotto would start to dismantel Mayorga quickly. Mayorga fights good when he feels good and has trouble against people he knows can hurt him.... styles to Mayorga is a non issue, because he has no style. Mayorga is completely an emotional fighter. The fighter is always faced with obstacles during the process of the fight and depending how much mental toughness he has, he can dig deep and overcome the hurdle. With Mayorga the moment he feels beaten he is beaten.

Mind you Mayorga was more willing to get a little dirty pre Trinidad, but Tito beat the fight out of Mayorga. Mentally Mayorga will never be there again! He just fights off of to much emotion. He felt good against Vargas, but had Vargas more to give he would of broke Mayorgas will and beat him Maybe make Mayorga quit! Cotto because of the style would Dominate Mayorga early and Mayorga would quit! Wheather by Ko or Mayorga not throwing punches until a stoppage. Cotto is too talanted of a fighter for Mayorga and more so now that People like Trinidad and Mosely and just beat the fight out of this guy!!!
streetlion1
Cotto chops Mayorga up at any time in their careers.

Cotto by K.O.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.