Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Money Mayweather will Beat Pac-Man
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Get0ffdanutzz
Ok; Let me start by saying this: I'm a huge Pac-Man Fan- Watched him for years and watched his career take off... I will also say this, I've been watching PBF career from day one.... and I'm a huge Money Mayweather Fan.

Once Pretty Boy Destroys JMM in Sept and Pac-Man Knocks out Cotto in nov. We're looking at a huge summer fight between Pretty boy and Pac-Man- Most likely around Memorial Day or Independence day. (The only way this fight will not happen is if Money Mayweather cant drop his ego and agree with 50/50 Purse, also remember Pac-Man has a HUGE ego as well, and he deserves it. His last two fights have been HUGE money machines and already the Pac/Cotto fight is selling great... So Pac-Man and Arum also have to agree to 50/50 lets hope they do that.

Lets start with Pretty Boy: What else can you say man has ZERO loses. He beat Oscar at Oscars Demands, had to go up in weight and use 10oz gloves. Although it was a split decision, lets face it. OScar was in great shape and Pretty Boy had to go up in weight. It was a tough fight..

PacMan vs Oscar- Oscar had to drop weight and was really weak day of fight- Pacs quickness was too much ... Credit to PacMan- Great fight

PaCman vs Hatton- Not much you can say about this fight- PacMan destroyed Ricky Flattened- Floyd kicked his ass too.. Took him longer but knocked him down twice to end it.. When he was undeafeted and had 20K UK Fanks chearing for him.

Anyhow- Floyd Will beat PacMan- Floyd is just too good of a boxer. PacMan has flaws that a good boxer will exploit.. His aggressive style will be his downfall against a smart, just as fast counterpouncher in Money Mayweather.

I can not see how PacMan can beat Floyd.. Floyd is too smart and his defense is outstanding....

agree to disagree but- FLoyd is the best... He will prove it.
KookedKrack
anyone with sense knows pbf spanks pac man
provo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 8 2009, 05:44 PM) *
anyone with sense knows pbf spanks pac man

Yup! I agree with that. Pac is the biggest fight out their for Floyd and the easiest fight for Floyd IMo!
Keith
I'm not sure talking about this fight isnt a waste of time. It is about as far from a done deal as can be. Both have upcoming fights and a Pac victory over Cotto is by no means a forgone conclusion. Even if Pac does win, they may never be able to come to terms. That being said, Pac is better pound for pound imo... but PBF is the better fighter at 147. Pac could still be fighting at 135 and will eventually get a reality check if he continues to fight top welters... if not Cotto then Floyd or Shane.
leonthegee
floyds the better fighter plain and simple.
Keith
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 8 2009, 09:59 PM) *
floyds the better fighter plain and simple.

I'm not sure how simple it is. Pac already owns 2 victories(incorrect scorecard) and 4 knockdowns over Mayweathers next opponent... He beat Floyds last 2 opponents much worse then Floyd did. I agree Floyd wins but I dont see how its plain and simple.
Jack 1000
I made a posting error it has been corrected. I originally thought this was a duplicate thread! Sorry! It is a new thread and a good one!

I can't make a prediction on this fight yet! Obviously I will want Manny to win, but we have to wait and see against Marquez first!

Jack
Get0ffdanutzz

Keith....

Money Mayweather, will knock out JMM- Something PacMan couldnt do in 24 rounds! JMM Was knocked down 3 times in the 1st round and got up from all 3 of those in seconds.

Yes, PacMan beat PBF's last two oppenents a lot worse but Money had to do it in tougher conditions- 1st against De La Hoya- he had to go up in weight; and then use heavier gloves- People are saying JMM is a joke fight for floyd because he has to go up in weight.. Pretty Boy had to do the same thing vs Oscar

2nd- Pretty boy dominated Ricky Flatten, and knocked him down twice the round he finished him.. He was against 20K british fans and Hatton was undefeated.. PacMan fought ricky hatton afterwards, he was never the same.. in fact. he didnt deserve a shot at pacman, after he got knocked out by floyd he beat some no name in the UK then beat Paulie M. not enough to deserve a fight wiht Pacman.. Pac should have fought someone else, but the money was good, too good to pass up.
Keith
QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 8 2009, 11:02 PM) *
Keith....

Money Mayweather, will knock out JMM- Something PacMan couldnt do in 24 rounds! JMM Was knocked down 3 times in the 1st round and got up from all 3 of those in seconds.

Yes, PacMan beat PBF's last two oppenents a lot worse but Money had to do it in tougher conditions- 1st against De La Hoya- he had to go up in weight; and then use heavier gloves- People are saying JMM is a joke fight for floyd because he has to go up in weight.. Pretty Boy had to do the same thing vs Oscar

Ya, I agree with you that Floyd knocks out JMM... but it does however remain to be seen. I'll cut you a break because you are brand new, but I along with many others are already on record in this forum predicting that, check out the pinned thread at the top of boxing hype. As for the adverse conditions you state about the PBF fights... excuses are like assholes... everyone has them and they all stink.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 9 2009, 04:02 AM) *

So did Pac to 147. He actually had to go a lot higher in weight than Floyd did.

QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 9 2009, 04:02 AM) *
2nd- Pretty boy dominated Ricky Flatten, and knocked him down twice the round he finished him.. He was against 20K british fans and Hatton was undefeated.. PacMan fought ricky hatton afterwards, he was never the same.. in fact. he didnt deserve a shot at pacman, after he got knocked out by floyd he beat some no name in the UK then beat Paulie M. not enough to deserve a fight wiht Pacman.. Pac should have fought someone else, but the money was good, too good to pass up.

It was Pac challenging Hatton for the true 140lb championship. Weather Pac was deserving of the shot is another story but Ricky was not the one getting the shot he was giving it. As for the knockdowns that is a major difference as Floyd knocked his man down & Pac knocked him out.
Get0ffdanutzz
[
It was Pac challenging Hatton for the true 140lb championship. Weather Pac was deserving of the shot is another story but Ricky was not the one getting the shot he was giving it. As for the knockdowns that is a major difference as Floyd knocked his man down & Pac knocked him out.
[/quote]

Right... I'm not arguing the facts... People are just over looking all of Money's accomplishments, how quick everyone forgets that he was and still is the best P4P fighter... Let someone beat him.. I'm not on Floyds nutzz but the dude has good points.. He Never lost!

Ha. that was a joke that Ricky Hatton "never lost at 140 lbs" . We all know ricky hatton was overrated. Obviously he wanted Pacman because of the Money involved, I cant blame him... Last that I remember, hattons's head hitting the ring post from the blinding hook.. He got up and down again- Ref had to stop it, should have been KO..

But I also remember that hook that left him motionless in the center of the rockstar logo...

Floyd had 14 wins by decision, pacman 12

Also lets remember- PacMan got KO'd TWICE in the THIRD ROUND-----
The Original MrFactor
I think Manny is a much easier guy to figure out than JMM. The thing with manny is that his speed kills. Floyd knows that going in. Floyd can beat Manny just by being the bigger guy. he doesnt have to be the faster guy. he can just "Baldomir," manny Pacquiao. He can actually retreat all night and jab away to keep Pac back. Pac's speed wont be a factor. If he gets too close, he can be tied up. I think Mayweather can beat pac too... I think he has mor etrouble with Marquez.

For the record, Marquez would beat Pac in a 3rd fight, by KO...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 9 2009, 04:27 AM) *
Ha. that was a joke that Ricky Hatton "never lost at 140 lbs" . We all know ricky hatton was overrated. Obviously he wanted Pacman because of the Money involved, I cant blame him...

How was it a joke? He never lost at 140lbs until Pac demolished him & he was the lineal champion.

QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 9 2009, 04:27 AM) *
Also lets remember- PacMan got KO'd TWICE in the THIRD ROUND-----

Both fights were below 115lbs & 10+ years ago.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 9 2009, 12:57 AM) *
Mayweather beats both, but he beats Marquez a lot easier. I also don't like your comparison to Pacquiao/Baldomir as in he can fight the same style. Wouldn't you agree that Zab Judah would be more similar? We saw how easy that was for Mayweather.
I am so confident that Marquez is easier than Pacquiao. Marquez is going to be easier period, and I think you harping on how it's going to be a difficult fight for Mayweather is going to backfire on you. Only because it would mean that you must give Mayweather credit for that win, while a lot of others like myself no what's up and it's just a glorified tune-up. Nothing more.
I don't like Mayweather, and I'm a fan of Marquez and I truly hope you are right, but unfortunately I think you will miss the mark on this one, and by a long way. I hope you are right, I just don't have any confidence in that though.

Marquez wont be a Gatti... If he loses, Mayweather will know he was in a fight. Marquez is the BEST skilled guy Mayweather will have ever faced. I am enamored with marquez ability to put himself in the right position to punch. I hope I'm right too...
JaRaNDa
I think many people are giving Mayweather too much credit for the DLH win just because how badly DLH looked and got beat compared to Manny. People going on about Mayweather moving up, Mayweather fighting on HIS terms with gloves and ring size which is not really that great of an achievement when DLH was well past it at the time & many knew this!

I personally do not give a great deal of credit to either Floyd or Pac for those wins, as they both fought a shot part time boxer/promoter who was not even committed at the time. De La Hoya just used his star power to pull the biggest fights possible against these guys because the guy wanted to get paid the most he possibly could before he retired!

Obviously big or small, no boxer would pass on earning some serious cash against the Golden Boy. So of course Mayweather & Pac would jump on the oppotunity..Just look at all the fame and attention both are getting now, not to mention all the props they are receiving now as some are calling both the greatest?? I personally think not!

Great wins on paper for both fighters, yet far from great in reality!
AussieLad
Floyd has never lost... who gives a fuck.

Calzaghe never lost...

Ottke never lost...

Was baldomir ever going to beat floyd, was gatti ever going to beat floyd, when did floyd last fight an opponent capable of beating him... when did he last take a risk... how many weight divisions ago was that?
King Eugene
Mayweather will have a lot of trouble dealing with Pac's speed and him darting in and out so damn fast. I think in order for Mayweather to be him he'll have to fight similar to the Judah fight...hands up, using his size, and pot shotting him til he gets in in the corner to unleash some combos. Trying to trap Pac is going to be hell though. Marquez is getting stopped early! By the fourth round Floyd will be unleashing some serious combinations and win by stoppage. Marquez best shot is to hope Floyd has a lot of ring rust and his chin has weaken. Other than that its a done deal!
leonthegee
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 8 2009, 07:07 PM) *
I'm not sure how simple it is. Pac already owns 2 victories(incorrect scorecard) and 4 knockdowns over Mayweathers next opponent... He beat Floyds last 2 opponents much worse then Floyd did. I agree Floyd wins but I dont see how its plain and simple.

floyds more accurate a puncher, better defensively, and more versatile so im afraid it is that simple sorry.
leonthegee
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 9 2009, 02:33 AM) *
Mayweather will have a lot of trouble dealing with Pac's speed and him darting in and out so damn fast. I think in order for Mayweather to be him he'll have to fight similar to the Judah fight...hands up, using his size, and pot shotting him til he gets in in the corner to unleash some combos. Trying to trap Pac is going to be hell though. Marquez is getting stopped early! By the fourth round Floyd will be unleashing some serious combinations and win by stoppage. Marquez best shot is to hope Floyd has a lot of ring rust and his chin has weaken. Other than that its a done deal!

manny has speed but his balance sucks. he always throws himself off balance the second he throws a combonation. marquez was able to hit him fairly easily and marquez has no speed. mayweather is the most accurate fighter in the sport so what do think hes gonna do when manny throws punches and knocks himself off balance? anything less than a manny pacquiao ass whooping ur just kidding urself.
King Eugene
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 9 2009, 08:46 AM) *
manny has speed but his balance sucks. he always throws himself off balance the second he throws a combonation. marquez was able to hit him fairly easily and marquez has no speed. mayweather is the most accurate fighter in the sport so what do think hes gonna do when manny throws punches and knocks himself off balance? anything less than a manny pacquiao ass whooping ur just kidding urself.

Never said I thought Manny was going to win...OH HELL NO!!! I think its going to be a tougher fight than Marquez.
JD
Manny will be a much tougher fight for Floyd than Marquez.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 9 2009, 08:54 AM) *

Especially if the reports are true that Lamont Peterson gave Floyd some work in sparring. I think Manny is just as fast if not faster, dont know about more skilled though.
leonthegee
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 9 2009, 05:54 AM) *

i see this fight as the easiest. 1 thing we know for sure is that manny is like all southpaws he can only fight coming forward. if u look at all floyds fights against southpaws (may v judah, may v mitchell, and may v corley) floyd has always been the aggressor. he walked in with his hands up kept the pressure on untill those fighters folded. i expect the same thing to happen in this fight. floyd to come in with his hands up and beat mannys ass. its not really all that complicated when u think about it. easy work really.

i think mosleys the toughest fight for floyd because of his natural size, hand speed, and power. but shanes not really all that great defensively. he doesnt like to move his head and when he gets hit hell run away for much of the fight. shane well give away alot of the rounds that he looses. thats been his main problem throughout his career.
iron_mike
Call me crazy,.....first, I hope Pac wins, regardless who he's fighting, I'm a huge fan, would be twice as sweet since PBF is an arrogant prick.

That being said, Floyd has unquestionable skills, but I am NOT seeing a KO if he wins...I don't see a KO for either fighter.

I see a SD, MD, or maybe a one sided UD for Floyd, which I hope I'm dead wrong about.

Regarding Cotto, THAT fight I can easily see a Pac KO mid to late in the fight
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Sep 8 2009, 11:02 PM) *
Keith....

Juan Lazcano is a no-name?
oozemcbuck
Who's to say Pac is gonna beat Cotto ? Pac's chin is weak. Remember the little dance slow-ass Marquez had him doing in their fights ? Imagine a Cotto shot landing on his chin. Cotto is an excellent boxer (Mosley agrees), he's faster than Marquez, and at least an equal chin. Pac has had trouble with every good boxer he's faced, so, why the fuck wouldn't Cotto knock this dude's head off ? Cotto wins, Floyd wins, but Floyd and Pac wil fight each other anyways.
EirbinX
in my opinion i think cotto has a better chance and a strong chance at that to beat floyd.
dbut
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 9 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Juan Lazcano is a no-name?

Juan Lazcano isn't a "no name" but...I mean seriously, the guy was a lightweight title holder who had to move up to 140 for his shot at Hatton AND had to do it in England! PLUS the ref called time to let Hatton get his shoes tied! Lazcano was exactly what the Hatton camp needed him to be; a glorified sparring partner! He had NO CHANCE of winning that fight...
Method
I think Floyd fucks Manny up.
provo
Floyd would beat pac easily! Pac throws punches off balance and leaps into his punches with his eyes closed and head down! Floyd is the smartest fighter in the ring A natural BOXER! The sport is Called Boxing "stick and move" and the man does it the best!

And as far as his sparring goes Ca mon guys his fight is 10days away do u really think floyd is going hard right now in sparring and why in the hell would floyds camp say Lamont is giving it to him ? LOL
Mayweather might talk stupid and say stupid things But the man is Smart and knows how to play head games and get to his oppenents ! And always does ! So I bet Now JMM camp has a smile thinking floyd is not the same he's having trouble in camp they're going to win ! In reality that's what floyd wants them to think so come sept.19 floyd is going to kick his ass!
singletrack
I think Pacman fans should worry more about beating Cotto than getting a shot at PBF.

I don't think a smaller guy with a slight edge in speed (that's it; if that) can beat PBF. I think Mosley and Cotto pose the biggest threat to PBF; who has yet to face an elite welterweight.
provo
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 9 2009, 01:14 PM) *
I think Pacman fans should worry more about beating Cotto than getting a shot at PBF.

I don't think a smaller guy with a slight edge in speed (that's it; if that) can beat PBF. I think Mosley and Cotto pose the biggest threat to PBF; who has yet to face an elite welterweight.

I think Mosley is the biggest threat but Floyd would beat him UD! Floyd would get under his skin so much before the fight and shane would come in trying 2 knock out floyd and just get countered all night I think shane would bring out the best in Floyd though!
As for Cotto ,Mayweather would skool him !
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 9 2009, 04:14 PM) *

I agree. We should all kind of take things one step at a time. Cotto is no walk in the park. Same with Mosley, sure he SHOULD beat Clottey, but Clottey is a formidable opponent. You just never know how some of these fights are going to unfold.
provo
Shane will beat clottey! Since shane wants a big payday he should be fighting berto for his welterweight title ! Then if shane beats berto he'll have bertos belt 2 ! Then if pac or cotto wins they could put all 3 welterweight titles on the line! That would be tight!
But imo shane can't beat Berto ! LoL
D-MARV
I think Pac gives Mayweather fits.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 9 2009, 09:47 PM) *

I think so too. Pacquiao, at this point in his career, still has superb handspeed, power, relexes and foot speed but also the skills to use them. His defense has been superb since the 3rd Morales fight. JMM at times, had trouble hitting him. All of that is why I think Pacquiao gives Maayweather a much tougher fight than JMM.
singletrack
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 9 2009, 04:19 PM) *
I think Mosley is the biggest threat but Floyd would beat him UD! Floyd would get under his skin so much before the fight and shane would come in trying 2 knock out floyd and just get countered all night I think shane would bring out the best in Floyd though!
As for Cotto ,Mayweather would skool him !

"skool" is not a word.

The Mosley that fought Margarito gives everyone big problems at 147.
singletrack
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 9 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Shane will beat clottey! Since shane wants a big payday he should be fighting berto for his welterweight title ! Then if shane beats berto he'll have bertos belt 2 ! Then if pac or cotto wins they could put all 3 welterweight titles on the line! That would be tight!
But imo shane can't beat Berto ! LoL

You do not think Shane can beat Berto but he can beat Clottey? The Berto that was in a life and death fight with Collazo? The one that has zero defense or skill on the inside? The one that gets gassed and can be rocked by a guy with no power?

"LoL" is about right.
singletrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 9 2009, 09:47 PM) *

Maybe. But I see PBF counter-punching the shit out of Pacman.
streetlion1
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 10 2009, 10:18 AM) *
Maybe. But I see PBF counter-punching the shit out of Pacman.

I agree....in fact I think Floyd would beat Pacman faster than he is gonna beat Marquez. Pacman leaves himself open too much and would get hit with big shots early...Marquez is clearly the more patient one and more of a pure boxer.
kniki123
HI,thanks for posting. Any boxers for me is no match for my idol.Manny''pacman'' Pacquiao.

Regards,
kniki123
Placement financier

bucktrain
I cant say either way who would win but I think the best game plan for Pac is to use aggression(plus his speed and power) to get ahead early on the scorecards so Mayweather would be forced to engage and fight in the later rounds which would play into Pacquiaos hands. Manny isnt scared to bang... Floyd is. Also dont let Mayweather promotions choose the judges lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.