Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao-Mayweather Will not happen...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
Some possible scenario...Mayweather will win against Marquez by points,..then comes Pacquiao win against Cotto by knockout... and so we expect BIG time fight between these two P4P fighters...reasons why it wont happen: reason 1) Purse disagreement ... reason 2) Pacquiao's schedule will not permit, because at this time Pacquaio is already an elected Congressman of Sarangani, Philippines and he will have to consult many people,..he still need to prove himself worthy of his people's vote thus his priority is no longer boxing... reason 3) Bob Arum and Mayweather is like water and oil...hahaha...they cant agree!...

But this is a fight match all boxing fans are waiting...
mario
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 9 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Some possible scenario...Mayweather will win against Marquez by points,..then comes Pacquiao win against Cotto by knockout... and so we expect BIG time fight between these two P4P fighters...reasons why it wont happen: reason 1) Purse disagreement ... reason 2) Pacquiao's schedule will not permit, because at this time Pacquaio is already an elected Congressman of Sarangani, Philippines and he will have to consult many people,..he still need to prove himself worthy of his people's vote thus his priority is no longer boxing... reason 3) Bob Arum and Mayweather is like water and oil...hahaha...they cant agree!...

But this is a fight match all boxing fans are waiting...

I dont know about many of you, but i am not interested in this fight.

If many of you have been watching Mayweather's fights, Pacquiao would knock him out, cold. If you disagree, go watch most of gayweather's fights.

I dont consider Gayweather a P4P fighter when he cares about points and punch his opponent and then automatically HUGS HIM. Sometimes he would turn his head back just so the opponent can hit the back of his head.

I am a Pacquiao fan because he is a true boxer and knows how to box. If you noticed, Pacquiao is always moving towards his opponent and that is what boxing should be.

I believe if this bout was to take place, it wouldnt go the distance any furthur than the Hatton fight. Gayweather is that easy. Alot easier than the Cotto fight.

sammy
QUOTE (mario @ Sep 10 2009, 03:56 AM) *

If many of you have been watching Mayweather's fights, Pacquiao would knock him out, cold. If you disagree, go watch most of gayweather's fights.

I dont consider Gayweather a P4P fighter when he cares about points and punch his opponent and then automatically HUGS HIM. Sometimes he would turn his head back just so the opponent can hit the back of his head.

I am a Pacquiao fan because he is a true boxer and knows how to box. If you noticed, Pacquiao is always moving towards his opponent and that is what boxing should be.

I believe if this bout was to take place, it wouldnt go the distance any furthur than the Hatton fight. Gayweather is that easy. Alot easier than the Cotto fight.

D-MARV
QUOTE (mario @ Sep 10 2009, 03:56 AM) *

Any point you are trying to make in regards to Floyd are not out the window because of the use of this term.

I am a Pacquiao fan because he is a true boxer and knows how to box.

But you hate Floyd?
KookedKrack
QUOTE (mario @ Sep 10 2009, 02:56 AM) *
I am a Pacquiao fan because he is a true boxer and knows how to box.

What Mayweather does is not boxing? laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (mario @ Sep 10 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Congratulations mate, thats possibly some of the most delusional bullshit iv ever heard
Box in Hand
QUOTE (mario @ Sep 10 2009, 02:56 AM) *

Wow, you must have jumped right off of Pac's left testicle and into this forum. Mayweather is a master boxer who would most likely beat Pac because of styles. Pac does not do well against intelligent counter punchers. Yes Mayweather is a butt hole but to say the man does not know how to box is obsurd.
singletrack
I think it's hilarious that Pacquiao:

Gets a SD over Marquez in a fight that many believe Marquez won
Beats up a CLUB FIGHTER in Diaz
Beats a chicken legged DLH that is a shell of his former self
KOs a mediocre Hatton

...and he has somehow become this monster that will KO Cotto.

I don't think Pacman will beat Cotto, and I do think he will take massive damage in the fight. Assuming he does beat Cotto and face Mayweather, I would take PBF by decision, but it would not at all surprise me if Pacman hit the canvas multiple times and even got KOed. He is still reckless at times on offense and has big gaps in his defense. Roach can say he is a complete fighter all he wants, but that does not make it so. I see him charging in on PBF and getting CRUSHED with counters.
torvix2000
Yup! Cotto is shot. Pac is just an ordinary fighter.
streetlion1
This fight is more likely to happen than not happen. After Gayweather beats Marquez and Pacman loses to Cotto GBF will still fight him. Pacman is another little guy and we all know how Floyd wont fight big welters. Also if not Pacman than who? Gayweather wants no part of Cotto or Mosley and the only other fight that will bring him the money he wants is against Pacman.
Romulus9
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 10 2009, 11:26 AM) *
This fight is more likely to happen than not happen. After Gayweather beats Marquez and Pacman loses to Cotto GBF will still fight him. Pacman is another little guy and we all know how Floyd wont fight big welters. Also if not Pacman than who? Gayweather wants no part of Cotto or Mosley and the only other fight that will bring him the money he wants is against Pacman.

Mayweather vs. Vitali Klitschko would garner some serious cash.

I'd pay to watch that.

Hell, I'd pay to watch Mayweather vs. James Toney.

Or Mayweather vs. Fedor.

Whatever.

We in boxing have better things to pay attention to than Look at Me Floyd.
MarzB
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 10 2009, 10:26 AM) *

I love your use of "Gayweather". You sound as ridiculous as the author of this post but if I'm not mistaken it was the same Cotto that you allege that Mayweather is somehow avoiding (lol) that was looking in AWE at "Gayweather" as you "TYPE" (cuz god knows you wouldn't dare call him that) during the Gatti fight was it not?? The same Cotto that went life and death with Torres right? The same Cotto that was rocked by Chop Chop Corley who was never known as a big puncher. The same Cotto that got a pseudo hometown decision against Clottey right?? The same Cotto that is known to use dirty tactics when he's in trouble right??

My post echoes Singletracks post to a TEE. I think Cotto destroys Pacquiao and Cotto hopefully leaves TOP RANK when his contract is up in December and is free to sign with Floyd. Lets hope this happens because you are definitely one of the types of posters I can't wait to see their mouths closed with your myths and tall tales of "Gayweather", lol..
streetlion1
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 10 2009, 10:53 AM) *
I love your use of "Gayweather". You sound as ridiculous as the author of this post but if I'm not mistaken it was the same Cotto that you allege that Mayweather is somehow avoiding (lol) that was looking in AWE at "Gayweather" as you "TYPE" (cuz god knows you wouldn't dare call him that) during the Gatti fight was it not?? The same Cotto that went life and death with Torres right? The same Cotto that was rocked by Chop Chop Corley who was never known as a big puncher. The same Cotto that got a pseudo hometown decision against Clottey right?? The same Cotto that is known to use dirty tactics when he's in trouble right??

My post echoes Singletracks post to a TEE. I think Cotto destroys Pacquiao and Cotto hopefully leaves TOP RANK when his contract is up in December and is free to sign with Floyd. Lets hope this happens because you are definitely one of the types of posters I can't wait to see their mouths closed with your myths and tall tales of "Gayweather", lol..

Dont even bring up the Gatti fight laugh.gif It doesnt matter what Cotto did against those other guys...all that matters is that Gayweather is avoiding him. I hope the fight does happen....it will take away some of the hate I have for him. Cotto is clearly a different and better fighter than when he fought Corley and Torres....I thought he edged out Clottey...but that being said Money Gay probably doesnt have the balls to fight Clottey either laugh.gif

For the record...I would call him Gayweather to his face. Though his body guards would probably stomp me out....Floyd sure wouldnt!
singletrack
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 10 2009, 11:53 AM) *

Ahhhhh, but you are going pretty far back there my friend : ) I'm talking about Pacquiao's recent work, you are going pretty far back with Cotto ; )

Hey, don't get ME wrong, I think Pacquiao is a great fighter. I just think he still needs to do some things to be the world-beater people think he is right now.

Also - Cotto already re-signed with Top Rank through the end of his career. It was one of the conditions to get the fight with Pacman - per Cotto himself.
Nay_Sayer
Mayweather Pacquiao isn't going to happen becuase Pacquiao isn't going to get by Cotto...
streetlion1
Here you go MarzB....fast foward to about 2:30 and hear yet another lame excuse for not fighting Cotto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEtticlf3E
leonthegee
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 10 2009, 09:02 AM) *
Dont even bring up the Gatti fight laugh.gif It doesnt matter what Cotto did against those other guys...all that matters is that Gayweather is avoiding him. I hope the fight does happen....it will take away some of the hate I have for him. Cotto is clearly a different and better fighter than when he fought Corley and Torres....I thought he edged out Clottey...but that being said Money Gay probably doesnt have the balls to fight Clottey either laugh.gif

For the record...I would call him Gayweather to his face. Though his body guards would probably stomp me out....Floyd sure wouldnt!

too bad ur a freakin nobody. yahoo.gif who is cotto and clottey for mayweather to be avoiding? cottos been in more trouble in fights then anybody. he staggers more then my drunk uncle richard. and clottey im not even going to waist my breathe. if mayweathers ducking anybody it's bob arum. cant say i blame him, alot of people don't want to eat off the same plate as him.
streetlion1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 10 2009, 12:23 PM) *
too bad ur a freakin nobody. yahoo.gif who is cotto and clottey for mayweather to be avoiding? cottos been in more trouble in fights then anybody. he staggers more then my drunk uncle richard. and clottey im not even going to waist my breathe. if mayweathers ducking anybody it's bob arum. cant say i blame him, alot of people don't want to eat off the same plate as him.

Just watch him in any interview where he was asked about a Cotto...or a Mosley...or a Margacheato for that matter. You'll see a stuttering-rambling-excuse filled response.

Cotto has takin the harder fights by far in the welterwieght division....face the facts...at 147 Gayweather is a coward thumbsup_anim.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1qbmLwnyM
Thegreatequalizer
whoa, don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. mayweather, love him or hate him (or his style), is an excellent boxer. that's not really up for debate.

i think there's a good chance that mayweather-pac comes off. they were both talking about it, but i can see him taking the easier negotiation route with mosley. i think the two of them avoiding each other is going to end soon. that being said, i would still love to see pac-mosley at 140.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 10 2009, 10:59 PM) *
More than Judah, Mitchell and Gatti.

...combined & multiplied by a power of 2.

I would like to see Floyd vs a .45 & see how good his shoulder roll defense really is. Would he pull a Matrix or would he collapse in a pool of his own blood mixing with Ellerbe's tears?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 10 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Just watch him in any interview where he was asked about a Cotto...or a Mosley...or a Margacheato for that matter. You'll see a stuttering-rambling-excuse filled response.

Cotto has takin the harder fights by far in the welterwieght division....face the facts...at 147 Gayweather is a coward thumbsup_anim.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1qbmLwnyM

ive always liked mayweather but i agree with you street... 110%... cotto has been willing to face all comers... mayweather as much as i dig his talent has not come close to cotto's roster of opponents lately... i actually think cotto beats pac then mayweather fights someone else.. i hate to say that but i think its true.. cotto is very dangerous for mayweather...
provo
Floyd would beat Cotto,out point him or cut him late and result in a stoppage! Cotto leaves himself open Floyd is one of the best counterpunches in boxing.
Floyd also would beat Pac I think he'll stop Pac late ! Floyd is the best defensive fighter he'd be able to see pacs wild punches come , pac leaps into his punches and moves out with his head down eyes closed , floyd would expose him!

The toughest fight out there for Floyd is shane , he'd give mayweather the most trouble, that imo would be a great fight ! As far as anyone else at 147 and under won't beat mayweather !
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 10 2009, 08:04 PM) *
Floyd would beat Cotto,out point him or cut him late and result in a stoppage! Cotto leaves himself open Floyd is one of the best counterpunches in boxing.
Floyd also would beat Pac I think he'll stop Pac late ! Floyd is the best defensive fighter he'd be able to see pacs wild punches come , pac leaps into his punches and moves out with his head down eyes closed , floyd would expose him!

The toughest fight out there for Floyd is shane , he'd give mayweather the most trouble, that imo would be a great fight ! As far as anyone else at 147 and under won't beat mayweather !

i cant call who would win that fight but i think mayweather would beat mosley before he beat cotto... thats just my thoughts on it tho...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 10 2009, 09:04 PM) *

As much as it pains me to admit, I agree with Provo on this. Damn...so you Capitalize floyd's name and don't for SHANE??? Why you hate Shane so much,seriously? And why do you ever ONLY talk about PBF all the time? Any other fighters you like or follow?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 10 2009, 06:06 PM) *
I would like to see Floyd vs a .45 & see how good his shoulder roll defense really is. Would he pull a Matrix or would he collapse in a pool of his own blood mixing with Ellerbe's tears?

LMFAO!
provo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 10 2009, 06:53 PM) *
As much as it pains me to admit, I agree with Provo on this. Damn...so you Capitalize floyd's name and don't for SHANE??? Why you hate Shane so much,seriously? And why do you ever ONLY talk about PBF all the time? Any other fighters you like or follow?

LOL! To tha capitalization part! LMaO! As u Know floyd is my fav fighter imo he's the best boxer in the game ! Notice I said boxer the man does it the best hit without getting hit.
Now as for Shane I just personally think he's Full of shit I just laugh at his articles,now all of a sudden he's talking shit about Floyd and of course its cause Shane needs the money.But before Floyd would diss him in front of his face talk hella shit about shane and shane wouldn't say shit ! Now all of sudden ! I don't blame floyd make shane wait he's been avoiding pbf for 10 years. Shane needs floyd now.
provo
Lightsout thanks for finally agreeing with me LOL! Now for Boxing I love Boxing I like watching it all fighters I like 2 watch
Berto,Gamboa,Bradley,Dawson,guzman etc. and I admit I liked watching Calzaghee LOL...
singletrack
I'll just keep saying this. Floyd is a great fighter, and he will present a serious challenge to anyone. However, he hasn't faced fuck-all of a decent fighter at welter. Period.
Byrd Man
My thoughts on the 1st post in the thread on the 3 reasons the fight won't take place.

1. The purse bid. Truly the only one of these three that I feel would be a legit threat. But we all know money talks and bullshit walks. If there's enough money there, and there seems to be, they will come to an agreement.

2. Manny has already failed once in his election hopes, and from everything I've read, that doesn't seem to change anytime soon. His people love him as a fighter, not so much as a politician. He won't get elected, so that won't interfere with his fighting.

3. It doesn't matter if Arum and Mayweather don't get along. As I said in #1 money talks and bullshit walks. Boxing's history is filled with people who didn't get along, but got a deal done because of money.

==========

That being said, anyone ignorant enough to use stupid ass ignorant phrases like "gayweather" or "borenard" or "Fatton" or whatever other "Clever" plays on the names, are too stupid to take seriously, and I generally don't put any weight to ANYTHING they say. If they said the sky was blue, I'd have to look outside to make sure.

And to the idiot that said that Pac would take out Mayweather in the same time/fashion as Hatton is delusional beyond words.

I can't STAND Mayweather, and yet I don't have the sheer balls to make a statement like that. Your validity goes right out the window with statements like that, and you will NEVER be taken seriously. EVER.
streetlion1
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 10 2009, 08:04 PM) *

I agree with the take on the Pacman fight...I think Floyd would dispose of him pretty quick. The Cotto fight I totally disagree on. I think Cotto is the kind of fighter that can bring the smart pressure that will bother GBF. He has a good jab...underrated speed...and still IMO is the best body puncher in the sport.

As much as I hate Gayweather I do recognize his skill...he has what I think is my favorite defense behind Bernard Hopkins... The only two guys at 147 I feel he would have a good chance at losing to are Cotto and Mosley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.