Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto-Pacquiao HBO 24/7 ???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Rperez
First off, this is great for boxing and boxing fans in general (whom have HBO), but I'd like to know who officially owns 24/7 or created this?

I've herd rumors of Golden Boy Promotions De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather JR.

Can someone shine some light on this subject?
leonthegee
hopefully its better than pacquiao hatton 24/7. that was like watching paint dry.
torvix2000
New members sprouting out and talk to one another. I have a feeling they are just one person.
Rperez
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 11 2009, 10:28 PM) *
New members sprouting out and talk to one another. I have a feeling they are just one person.

why would anyone spend time talking to themselves.

its a question do you just have spare time to sprout around and find new members posts? find a new hobby then.
torvix2000
Like leonthegee and RPerez talking to one another, maybe. Just curious, though.
Rperez
sorry im on acid. bad.gif , jk.
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 11 2009, 10:32 PM) *
Like leonthegee and RPerez talking to one another, maybe. Just curious, though.

that is the stupidest shit ive ever heard on here. u must of done that shit in the past or something. i respect ur knowlegde of the sport but if somebody doesnt agree with u u act like a real bitch.
Douchebag
Smh @ torvix and knowledge being used in the same sentence.
provo
Pac and Cotto 24/7 imo is going 2 be Fukn boring they should put this on regular cable not HBO ! Put this on versus!
Pac and Hatton 24/7 was not that great this one will suck ! Pac is boring can't even speak and Cotto is the same!
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 12 2009, 05:33 PM) *
that is the stupidest shit ive ever heard on here. u must of done that shit in the past or something. i respect ur knowledge of the sport but if somebody doesnt agree with u u act like a real bitch.

LOL! I have no knowledge of the sport, I just watch and enjoy it... and...

... this is the first time I think there are two persons talking to one another and yet they are just one person.
D-MARV
LOL at this thread!
Rperez
nobody answered the question or came close smile.gif

24/7 owned by HBO, but who created.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 12 2009, 12:33 PM) *
that is the stupidest shit ive ever heard on here. u must of done that shit in the past or something. i respect ur knowlegde of the sport but if somebody doesnt agree with u u act like a real bitch.

i dont get it we are here to talk boxing and compare views... it seems certain people if you dont think what they think become straight internet keyboard gangsters.... its laughable to me... these same people wouldnt dare talk the way they do on here in a live conversation... but its whatever...
King Eugene
24/7 is Ran by HBO.

On a side note I think Cotto-Pacauiao 24/7 wouldn't be as entertaining for a few reasons. They dont genuinely dislike each other so there wont be any trash talk except from Roach but he is an ass anyway, there isn't much controversy in their lives, and neither one of these fuckers first language is English so that means the whole damn thing would be closed captioning.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Not sure what peoples opinion on Hatton-Pacquiao was, but they never really disliked each other either. What about when the Mayweather's were on? English didn't seem like their first language either.

I'm fluent in their language, I know plenty of people who talk like that. laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2009, 05:04 AM) *
What about when the Mayweather's were on? English didn't seem like their first language either.

Super LOL!!!
torvix2000
I might be changing my pick sometime soon. Cotto is huge!!!

D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Not sure what peoples opinion on Hatton-Pacquiao was, but they never really disliked each other either. What about when the Mayweather's were on? English didn't seem like their first language either.

LOL...

Hatton-Mayweather Sr. combo made that 24/7 interesting.
Douchebag
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 15 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I might be changing my pick sometime soon. Cotto is huge!!!

There are going to be some "experts" with egg on there face after this fight.
iron_mike
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 15 2009, 12:53 AM) *
24/7 is Ran by HBO.

On a side note I think Cotto-Pacauiao 24/7 wouldn't be as entertaining for a few reasons. They dont genuinely dislike each other so there wont be any trash talk except from Roach but he is an ass anyway, there isn't much controversy in their lives, and neither one of these fuckers first language is English so that means the whole damn thing would be closed captioning.

Their English is not great but at least they speak it and are trying to learn to speak better. Aside from the watersports incident, I zone out during the Marquez segments cause EVERYTHING is translated and I drift off. This May/Marquez 24/7 has been boring so far. Compare when Pac was handing out turkeys to Floyd's truck driving down that homeless strip. It's commendable if Floyd really gives back to the community like that, but it seemed so staged, so for the cameras, whereas the Pac turkey giveaway seemed genuine and he was having a good time. Floyd looked like he wasnted to prove he's not all ass, he's part human
King Eugene
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 15 2009, 11:52 AM) *
LOL...

Hatton-Mayweather Sr. combo made that 24/7 interesting.

That was the only thing interesting about the whole show and Seniors poems. laugh.gif I did enjoy Manny's sparring sessions and watching him shadow box. That fucker has some fast ass hands!
King Eugene
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 15 2009, 10:32 PM) *
Their English is not great but at least they speak it and are trying to learn to speak better. Aside from the watersports incident, I zone out during the Marquez segments cause EVERYTHING is translated and I drift off. This May/Marquez 24/7 has been boring so far. Compare when Pac was handing out turkeys to Floyd's truck driving down that homeless strip. It's commendable if Floyd really gives back to the community like that, but it seemed so staged, so for the cameras, whereas the Pac turkey giveaway seemed genuine and he was having a good time. Floyd looked like he wasnted to prove he's not all ass, he's part human

Ok and your point is?
King Eugene
Floyd donates to a lot of charities and other organizations. People will have their own opinion whether they think its played up or not. Who gives a shit. My thing is all that is boring, I can watch CNN or go down to the local shelter and see that. So in other words thats not entertaining to me. Hell thats the shit that you SHOULD do if your in the position to do it. Anyway I like seeing the controversy, the going back and forth, the shit talking, the hard training. Thats what makes for a good 24/7 to ME. Thats what helps build up the fight IMO. WTH does giving back to the community or passing out turkeys have to do with fighting? If thats what they want to showcase then do a damn CNN special.
iron_mike
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 16 2009, 02:18 AM) *
Floyd donates to a lot of charities and other organizations. People will have their own opinion whether they think its played up or not. Who gives a shit. My thing is all that is boring, I can watch CNN or go down to the local shelter and see that. So in other words thats not entertaining to me. Hell thats the shit that you SHOULD do if your in the position to do it. Anyway I like seeing the controversy, the going back and forth, the shit talking, the hard training. Thats what makes for a good 24/7 to ME. Thats what helps build up the fight IMO. WTH does giving back to the community or passing out turkeys have to do with fighting? If thats what they want to showcase then do a damn CNN special.

The POINT is....24/7 is behind the scenes, daily routines, NOT JUST BOXING AND TRAINING, the whole point of 24/7 is seeing what these guys go through leading up to a fight, besides the training, sparring, etc. Not that difficult to comprehend
imhere
They should advice pac and cotto to talk with their native tongue and let them do the translating and subtitle so that they can express themselves more fluently and the fans can understand what they are saying.
King Eugene
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 16 2009, 02:06 PM) *
The POINT is....24/7 is behind the scenes, daily routines, NOT JUST BOXING AND TRAINING, the whole point of 24/7 is seeing what these guys go through leading up to a fight, besides the training, sparring, etc. Not that difficult to comprehend

24/7 is the Prep for the fight. Thats all I care to see. Like I said before, they can keep all the other shit for CNN.
BigG
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 16 2009, 02:32 AM) *

Floyd has been donating to charity even without the cameras on him. He does this type of stuff. I don't think Floyd is a bad guy in real life....Cocky yes but so what? Everyone that reaches the top is cocky. He is just vocal about it which pisses people off, at least he's entertaining.
iron_mike
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 17 2009, 03:49 AM) *
24/7 is the Prep for the fight. Thats all I care to see. Like I said before, they can keep all the other shit for CNN.

Then take that up with HBO and dont bitch about it here. I doubt anyone who posts here are HBO executives

BTW.....do you know what 24/7 stands for? I THINK you do...and if you know any fighter who trains and boxes 24 hrs, 7 days a week, then I'd love to see them in action. Its a fuckin reality show, behind the scenes, Mr. Hardcore
King Eugene
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 17 2009, 09:04 AM) *
Then take that up with HBO and dont bitch about it here. I doubt anyone who posts here are HBO executives

BTW.....do you know what 24/7 stands for? I THINK you do...and if you know any fighter who trains and boxes 24 hrs, 7 days a week, then I'd love to see them in action. Its a fuckin reality show, behind the scenes, Mr. Hardcore

Look a here buddy...bitching about I am not. If there is something I dont want to watch I'll just tune it out. I watch all the episodes on DVR anyway so unless they are doing an interview, training, or doing anything else boxing related I fast foward it! Besides this is a freaking forum board. I'll express any opinion or thougths I damn well please!

iron_mike
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 18 2009, 03:00 AM) *
Look a here buddy...bitching about I am not. If there is something I dont want to watch I'll just tune it out. I watch all the episodes on DVR anyway so unless they are doing an interview, training, or doing anything else boxing related I fast foward it! Besides this is a freaking forum board. I'll express any opinion or thougths I damn well please!

Sorry, MISS Hardcore! I damn sure will do what I want! sheet!
King Eugene
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 18 2009, 12:37 PM) *
Sorry, MISS Hardcore! I damn sure will do what I want! sheet!

Grow up!
iron_mike
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 18 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Grow up!

You first!
Douchebag
you guys are both being ghey on a message board. Not a good look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.