Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Arum goes off on UFC.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Byrd Man
Now him and Mayweather have something in common. Maybe they can bond over this and get the Pac/May fight done. lol

He's back. Now that boxing promoter Bob Arum won't speak with Cagewriter, it's been a while since someone has pressed him on the increasing element of competition from MMA. Ariel Helwani from AOL Fanhouse attended the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto press conference in Yankee Stadium and when asked a question about the head-to-head pay-per-view battle coming next Saturday, Arum went off:

"UFC fans are a bunch of skinhead white guys who are watching a bunch of people in the ring who look like skinhead white guys," said Arum, 78, who for some reason mentioned his theory that 90-percent of the MMA fanbase also has tattoos. "Those aren't people who would have any interest in boxing. The only one they want to see if Kelly Pavlik."

Arum then said boxing fans like him think MMA is horrible:

"[It's] guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. It is not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys can't throw a punch to save their ass. When it lands, the guys have no chins."

Arum closed by claiming UFC 100 did less than one million pay-per-view buys in spite of the fact that it was reported by several outlets that it did 1.8 million.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Sometimes when Bob gets angry and cranky he is quite funny.
imhere
I think its a message for dana hahaha. hilarious
Byrd Man
I say put Bob and Dana on the undercard of Mayweather/Lesnar. ha ha ha
torvix2000
It's because DANA is not just attacking Gayweather. There are times that he's attacking boxing as a whole. So, somebody's gotta get pissed off.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:27 AM) *
It's because DANA is not just attacking Gayweather. There are times that he's attacking boxing as a whole. So, somebody's gotta get pissed off.

And Mayweather isn't doing the same? He's attacking UFC as a whole too, saying that it's set up for "white boys" because they can't cut it in boxing.

torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 08:48 AM) *
And Mayweather isn't doing the same? He's attacking UFC as a whole too, saying that it's set up for "white boys" because they can't cut it in boxing.

Exactly!!! Gayweather is attacking the whole UFC. Dana White could have simply attacked Floyd's upcoming fight and not the whole of boxing. Now, he did it. Or he seems to be doing it now that he's gaining confidence. So, someone who's not Gayweather will talk shi**t.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 01:03 AM) *
Exactly!!! Gayweather is attacking the whole UFC. Dana White could have simply attacked Floyd's upcoming fight and not the whole of boxing. Now, he did it. Or he seems to be doing it now that he's gaining confidence. So, someone who's not Gayweather will talk shi**t.

no, no, no. You were acting like Dana was attacking the entire sport of Boxing UNPROVOKED and that of course Super Bob had to step up and defend Boxing.

Mayweather was talking shit about the whole sport of UFC/MMA, NOT JUST THE PPV that they were going against. And then Dana started running his mouth as well.

Arum had no reason to run his mouth other than he wanted his name in the press.

And btw, whenever you make stupid references like "Gayweather" it shows your lack of intelligence. Just saying.... And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

I don't like Mayweather OR the UFC/MMA so ....it's not like a I'm a fan of either one. Not defending either one (or Arum).

torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 09:47 AM) *
no, no, no. You were acting like Dana was attacking the entire sport of Boxing UNPROVOKED and that of course Super Bob had to step up and defend Boxing.

Mayweather was talking shit about the whole sport of UFC/MMA, NOT JUST THE PPV that they were going against. And then Dana started running his mouth as well.

Arum had no reason to run his mouth other than he wanted his name in the press.

And btw, whenever you make stupid references like "Gayweather" it shows your lack of intelligence. Just saying.... And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

I don't like Mayweather OR the UFC/MMA so ....it's not like a I'm a fan of either one. Not defending either one (or Arum).

What a DUMB and RETARDED post.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 02:06 AM) *
What a DUMB and RETARDED post.

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 01:47 AM) *
And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 09:47 AM) *
And no matter how you respond to that, whether it's making sarcastic comments about me or for whatever reason Chris Byrd (as that seems to be everyone's go to insult that is supposed to make me cry or something lol) it won't change that what I just said was true about the "Gayweather" retarded comments.

What a great excuse to be DUMB and RETARDED. LOL!
torvix2000
Or maybe you can kiss another man in the guise of making up. Disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYEZXjKW_6I
Byrd Man
just because YOU are ignorant and homophobic doesn't mean your opinions on ME or anyone else on here are valid.

And I clearly stated that I don't like the UFC/MMA, I don't like Dana White at all, and I can't stand Mayweather and really don't give a shit about Arum.

So I'm not a fan of anyone involved in these stories so there's no reason for me to kiss ass and suck up for any of them.

But what are facts when you can just throw out whatever comments you want.

"Gayweather" lol....there's no other proof needed that there's no intelligence requirement to post on here, than to read some of your posts. lol
torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 10:54 AM) *
just because YOU are ignorant and homophobic doesn't mean your opinions on ME or anyone else on here are valid.

And I clearly stated that I don't like the UFC/MMA, I don't like Dana White at all, and I can't stand Mayweather and really don't give a shit about Arum.

So I'm not a fan of anyone involved in these stories so there's no reason for me to kiss ass and suck up for any of them.

But what are facts when you can just throw out whatever comments you want.

"Gayweather" lol....there's no other proof needed that there's no intelligence requirement to post on here, than to read some of your posts. lol

Nyahahaha!!!

I thought YOU HAVE ALREADY ACCEPTED YOUR RETARDNESS AND DUMBNESS? Can't help it, do you?

Lol! Arum said that UFC are for gays. Why? Well, maybe ARUM saw this video and thought UFC is for gay.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 03:01 AM) *
Nyahahaha!!!

I thought YOU HAVE ALREADY ACCEPTED YOUR RETARDNESS AND DUMBNESS? Can't help it, do you?

Lol! Arum said that UFC are for gays. Why? Well, maybe ARUM saw this video and thought UFC is for gay.

lol. Oh well, you can go back to gaybashing and having your little fun.

I'm through for the evening trying to get through all the rubble in your head.

Have fun!
Warlord
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 02:27 AM) *

Don't make me defend Dana White. I don't like it. And I don't like him. But...

Dana White is not attacking boxing as a whole, and I'd like you or someone who shares your opinion to back that statement up with quantifiable evidence. White was an amateur boxer, and even ran a boxing gym before he got involved with the UFC.

Dana White shits on the politics of boxing, the same way any rational human being would. Dana loves the sport, but chooses to constantly trash the guys responsible for the state of boxing today. (Promoters like Bob Arum, and money-hungry bitches like Floyd Gayweather.)

Arum is just angry because he perceives MMA (namely the UFC) as a threat, and probably in his heart-of-heart realizes that the UFC is putting out a better product right now. But rather than actually address the numerous problems of boxing, Arum and delusional idiots like him would rather turn and shit on MMA and the athletes who do it.

Boxing as a sport can't get out of it's own way. She trips herself up, fucks herself up the ass with a broken broom handle, and then looks at her rivals like they have problems. Arum can suck a fat cock. He's an old man whose full of shit. And he's one of the many, many, many reasons that boxing is in the shape it is in now.

He, and everyone who is worried about boxing, need to worry less about Dana White and the UFC and more about putting on a quality card where top talent faces top talent.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 12 2009, 11:08 AM) *
Don't make me defend Dana White. I don't like it. And I don't like him. But...

So, what's your point? I'm defending MMA/UFC sometime ago? Or just a day ago. You can look it up if you want to.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 12 2009, 11:08 AM) *
lol. Oh well, you can go back to gaybashing and having your little fun.

Sorry. I never thought you were gay. I must have hurt your feelings.
KookedKrack
i for one find ufc wild homo so i agree with bob on this one....
Method
Arum is just angry because he perceives MMA (namely the UFC) as a threat, and probably in his heart-of-heart realizes that the UFC is putting out a better product right now. But rather than actually address the numerous problems of boxing, Arum and delusional idiots like him would rather turn and shit on MMA and the athletes who do it.

Boxing as a sport can't get out of it's own way. She trips herself up, fucks herself up the ass with a broken broom handle, and then looks at her rivals like they have problems. Arum can suck a fat cock. He's an old man whose full of shit. And he's one of the many, many, many reasons that boxing is in the shape it is in now.

He, and everyone who is worried about boxing, need to worry less about Dana White and the UFC and more about putting on a quality card where top talent faces top talent.

Yup. Agreed all day.

Just one question....why does boxing gotta be a "she"?
torvix2000
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 12 2009, 11:55 AM) *

LMAO! Why indeed.
torvix2000
mrwigi
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 09:27 AM) *

LMFAO!!!
mrwigi
i personally am a big big boxing fan. i think its the best sport ever, and i grew up on it.. i try to box almost everyday.. but i also enjoy a good fight. and while i hate the fights where guys just roll around on each other, those arent the only fights you see. still, i would pick boxing over mma any day of the week.
Mean Mister Mustard
When Arum, Mayweather and White get on their "Our sport is better than their sport" wagon, they sound like idiots.
provo
I actually thought the interview was funny! Dana white is constantly talking about how MMA is taking over , I mean finally one of the boxing voices speaks up!
And to be honest some of what arum said I agree with him,MMA fighters act like their better than Boxers in reality they don't have the skill to be a Boxer it takes years of dedication ! MMA you can go in the gym for 6 months and be a Pro! So I see where Arum and Mayweather come from when they speak about it ! I love boxing and I also watch mma at times just to see someone get knocked out and ground shit is boring imo !
Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *
When Arum, Mayweather and White get on their "Our sport is better than their sport" wagon, they sound like idiots.

100% agree. The dude needs to a lesson about the origins of mma. Shit, Bruce Lee was preaching about this meshing of styles years ago and he sure isnt white.
AussieLad
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 12 2009, 06:11 PM) *
MMA you can go in the gym for 6 months and be a Pro!

Pure ignorance. What point is there discussing this topic with an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 12 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Pure ignorance. What point is there discussing this topic with an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand

well, i think Kimbo Slice is a good example of his point. It's not ignorance, a lot of MMA guys have very little experience and become top names. Especially in the UFC. It's not that all of them are like that, but a fairly high percentage of them are.
Keith
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Sep 12 2009, 07:02 PM) *
well, i think Kimbo Slice is a good example of his point. It's not ignorance, a lot of MMA guys have very little experience and become top names. Especially in the UFC. It's not that all of them are like that, but a fairly high percentage of them are.

I also agree with this. At this point, its much easier to gain the requisite skills for mma then for boxing. How often do you see a guy with no experience start boxing after 18 and make a name for himself? It might be different in 20 years when a whole generation has grown up with mainstream mma.

They are now offering mma training at gyms for small kids. More kids are wrestling during high school with the intention of using the skills as a springboard to mma. At some point it will wind up like boxing where guys are so skilled by the time they are of age to compete that anyone without experience gets frozen out.
provo
Exactly! Nothing like the Sweet Science years of dedication!
STEVENSKI
"UFC fans are a bunch of skinhead white guys who are watching a bunch of people in the ring who look like skinhead white guys," said Arum, 78, who for some reason mentioned his theory that 90-percent of the MMA fanbase also has tattoos. "Those aren't people who would have any interest in boxing. The only one they want to see if Kelly Pavlik."

Wow nice racist genralisation Bob. I suppose it is like all jews are money hungry no moral christ killers? As for his theory that 90% of MMA fans have tattoos what does that have to do with anything? I am sure there are a good portion of boxing fans that have tattoos as well.

"[It's] guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. It is not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys can't throw a punch to save their ass. When it lands, the guys have no chins."

More ignorant homophobic garbage from Mr Bob. No talent? Whatever Bob.
Mean Mister Mustard
Why does Arum deal with Cotto if he has tattoos?

And to the poster who said that anyone can go to an MMA gym and become a star, pure BS. Kimbo slice was an anomaly, he was a huge man who became famous for streetfighting but was quickly disposed of in the world of MMA. A lot of MMA fans dilisked (and still do) the amount of coverage he received. Also, he was far from being a star.
STEVENSKI
Well the thing is that as a general rule the guys who become MMA fighters in 6 months usually have years of experience in wrestling & or martial arts etc & they can also for the most part fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 12 2009, 07:55 AM) *
Yup. Agreed all day.

laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Sep 12 2009, 07:02 PM) *

Kimbo Slice got knocked out from the jab of a 205lber going backwards. I think your Kimbo example actually defeats your point. Kimbo walked into MMA and got planted. So did Jeremy Willams and Ray Mercer. So will Maoyrga. No one can train MMA for 6 months and turn pro.

Don't bother mentioning Brock Lesnar either. The guy was an NCAA champ, and is a freak of nature. Not everyone can do what he's done.
BigG
I think the talent in boxing is much higher....and stand up fighting truly takes more skill....it's the truth....the submissions in arent very hard to learn and ground and pound.....err.....

Anderson Silva gets praised for what he did to Forrest Griffin..basically "Roy Jones'd" him in a fight that was a boxing match for the most part..but you honestly think Forrest Griffin would be anything other than a tomato can in boxing?
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 12 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Kimbo Slice got knocked out from the jab of a 205lber going backwards. I think your Kimbo example actually defeats your point. Kimbo walked into MMA and got planted. So did Jeremy Willams and Ray Mercer. So will Maoyrga. No one can train MMA for 6 months and turn pro.

Don't bother mentioning Brock Lesnar either. The guy was an NCAA champ, and is a freak of nature. Not everyone can do what he's done.

Really? Rusty said a top name not an elite fighter. Kimbo's name rings bells in MMA so it is valid there are guys that have some kind of niche quality in MMA that makes them competitive, they usually get exposed BUT they remain "names" none the less.

Oh, and Mercer KOed a former champ of the biggest MMA org in the sport. You where better off not mentioning his name. BC
AussieLad
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 13 2009, 03:34 AM) *
Really? Rusty said a top name not an elite fighter. Kimbo's name rings bells in MMA so it is valid there are guys that have some kind of niche quality in MMA that makes them competitive, they usually get exposed BUT they remain "names" none the less.

Oh, and Mercer KOed a former champ of the biggest MMA org in the sport. You where better off not mentioning his name. BC

So let me ask you this. What is more embarrassing

Sylvia getting knocked out by a former elite and tough as nails boxer Ray Mercer in a fight where he had been provoked in the lead up to make it more of a boxing match

Or the same former elite tough as nails boxer getting his ass handed to him in a MMA fight against a glorified street brawler in Kimbo Slice?

Kimbo is only in the ultimate fighter reality show because he has some notoriety in his youtube extravaganzas. He is a sideshow act to make the show interesting

What i will say about boxing is that it is more refined than MMA simply because it is a simpler art. Far fewer tools and strategies to master, and so in order to distinguish yourself you must be very very good at these specific skills. Less to learn means more time to polish

MMA hasnt been around as long in terms of these modern ppv events, and definitely the all round skills are less polished than boxing. But that is only due to the fact that they have many more skills to master, and less time to devote to one aspect of the game. At the end of the day though, the diversity of skills required for MMA as opposed to boxing is like comparing chess to checkers.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 12 2009, 11:34 PM) *
Really? Rusty said a top name not an elite fighter.

I'm not going to sit here playing semantics with a specimen such as yourself.

Kimbo's name rings bells in MMA

With moronic douchebags. There were NO true MMA fans who thought Kimbo was legit. Ever. It was guys like you and streetlion supporting him.

so it is valid there are guys that have some kind of niche quality in MMA that makes them competitive, they usually get exposed BUT they remain "names" none the less.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? Niche quality? What the fuck does that even mean? Every sport has it's "niche" athletes. Some talented, some not. MMA is no exception.

Oh, and Mercer KOed a former champ of the biggest MMA org in the sport. You where better off not mentioning his name.

Mercer also got choked out by Kimbo Slice, the same guy who got KO'd by the jab of a legit 205lber. Sport's math doesn't add up, Einstein. It's simply the last resort for someone who is speaking out of his/her ass, with no substantial facts to back them up.

And anyway, shouldn't you be training for your street fight with Joe Calzaghe, tough guy? Or are you just so bad-ass that you can play on the internet all day and still whoop a professional boxer's ass by night?
Douchebag

So let me ask you this. What is more embarrassing

Sylvia getting knocked out by a former elite and tough as nails boxer Ray Mercer in a fight where he had been provoked in the lead up to make it more of a boxing match

Or the same former elite tough as nails boxer getting his ass handed to him in a MMA fight against a glorified street brawler in Kimbo Slice?

I would have to say the latter but in the same breathe how is Kimbo supposed to hold a "W" over a guy that now holds KO "w" over the former undisputed UFC heavyweight champ. I don't know what point you're trying to make but it seems to me that you are actually helping my argument. Which is why I told sandy panties that he was better off not mentioning Ray Mercer in his post.
Kimbo is only in the ultimate fighter reality show because he has some notoriety in his youtube extravaganzas. He is a sideshow act to make the show interesting

I agree, BUT you don't see that nonsense in boxing, you have to have some skill or just be very talented in order make any kind of impact in boxing. That is my only point.

What i will say about boxing is that it is more refined than MMA simply because it is a simpler art. Far fewer tools and strategies to master, and so in order to distinguish yourself you must be very very good at these specific skills. Less to learn means more time to polish

MMA hasnt been around as long in terms of these modern ppv events, and definitely the all round skills are less polished than boxing. But that is only due to the fact that they have many more skills to master, and less time to devote to one aspect of the game. At the end of the day though, the diversity of skills required for MMA as opposed to boxing is like comparing chess to checkers.

I agree with every thing you said except the chess to checkers comparison. I would rather be a master of one trade that be average at many and that is what you find a lot of times in MMA. To be true Master Boxer requires just as much mental fortitude as being an elite athlete in MMA it is just concentrated within the boxing discipline. There are defensive and offensive variables that can't be applied within MMA just because of the nature the sports so it has to cut both ways.
Douchebag
I'm not going to sit here playing semantics with a specimen such as yourself.

Yet that is EXACTLY what did in the rest of this post. rolleyes_anim.gif

With moronic douchebags. There were NO true MMA fans who thought Kimbo was legit. Ever. It was guys like you and streetlion supporting him.

Those douchebags are the ones are buying these PPV and making MMA as profitable as it is. I never said that the people who supported Kimbo and the likes where knowledgeable and I really don't know why you would think that was relevant.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? Niche quality? What the fuck does that even mean? Every sport has it's "niche" athletes. Some talented, some not. MMA is no exception.

OK Bradley, let me dumb it down for you. Some guys like Kimbo can build his buzz through the internet and transfer that over right into MMA and be profitable. Brock did it through the WWE and right away he is profitable. This is what I meant with niche quality but I will go one step below those guy and talk a little about your boys in Pride, like Bob "The big bitch" Sapp he brought people in because of his size, same with Hong Man Choi. These guys are sideshows but they can still make a career for themselves in MMA, you just don't see that in boxing (Valuev being the exception and for him to do he has to be guarded like fort knox and hold a strap). I like both sports for different reasons and both have their strengths and weaknesses, but boxing does require a higher level of skill on order for you to make a career out of it.

Mercer also got choked out by Kimbo Slice, the same guy who got KO'd by the jab of a legit 205lber. Sport's math doesn't add up, Einstein. It's simply the last resort for someone who is speaking out of his/her ass, with no substantial facts to back them up.

I know it doesn't add up Hawk jr., and I never implied that it did BUT there is no way that you would see the 2008 Olympian Dimitrius Andrade with a KO win over Verno Phillips. It just won't happen in boxing.

And anyway, shouldn't you be training for your street fight with Joe Calzaghe, tough guy? Or are you just so bad-ass that you can play on the internet all day and still whoop a professional boxer's ass by night?

SMH at the thought of training for a streetfight, doofus. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 12 2009, 12:11 PM) *
I actually thought the interview was funny! Dana white is constantly talking about how MMA is taking over , I mean finally one of the boxing voices speaks up!
And to be honest some of what arum said I agree with him,MMA fighters act like their better than Boxers in reality they don't have the skill to be a Boxer it takes years of dedication ! MMA you can go in the gym for 6 months and be a Pro! So I see where Arum and Mayweather come from when they speak about it ! I love boxing and I also watch mma at times just to see someone get knocked out and ground shit is boring imo !

Completely agree with you and Arum..
Thegreatequalizer
bob arum is definitely not who i'd like to see stepping up for boxing. i would like to see someone intelligent take up the cause. arum was throwing around stereotypes and slurs like a ignorant skinhead himself.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 13 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Yet that is EXACTLY what did in the rest of this post. rolleyes_anim.gif

Those douchebags are the ones are buying these PPV and making MMA as profitable as it is. I never said that the people who supported Kimbo and the likes where knowledgeable and I really don't know why you would think that was relevant.

OK Bradley, let me dumb it down for you. Some guys like Kimbo can build his buzz through the internet and transfer that over right into MMA and be profitable. Brock did it through the WWE and right away he is profitable. This is what I meant with niche quality but I will go one step below those guy and talk a little about your boys in Pride, like Bob "The big bitch" Sapp he brought people in because of his size, same with Hong Man Choi. These guys are sideshows but they can still make a career for themselves in MMA, you just don't see that in boxing (Valuev being the exception and for him to do he has to be guarded like fort knox and hold a strap). I like both sports for different reasons and both have their strengths and weaknesses, but boxing does require a higher level of skill on order for you to make a career out of it.

I know it doesn't add up Hawk jr., and I never implied that it did BUT there is no way that you would see the 2008 Olympian Dimitrius Andrade with a KO win over Verno Phillips. It just won't happen in boxing.

SMH at the thought of training for a streetfight, doofus. LOL

Were you born stupids, or did your mother drop you on your head? This kind of stupidity is rare.

This topic was not about skills levels of boxers or Mixed Martial Artists, so I won't waste my breath replying to your hackneyed response for that.

My original point was that Dana White doesn't shit on boxing, just boxing politics. Bob Arum shitting on the sport of MMA was ridiculous. Now, you can either debate that or STFU. My brain cells die every time I elect to drop down to your level for a "conversation."
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2009, 08:36 PM) *

You completely agree with everything Arum said?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2009, 01:36 AM) *

Very suprised that you agree with Bob & his overt genralisations.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 13 2009, 09:03 PM) *
You completely agree with everything Arum said?

I didn't like the stereotypes he was saying or the skinhead talk since it isn't true..I know black people and mexicans who like MMA..I know black people at my gym who do MMA so for him to say only skinheads and people with a lot of tattoos is wrong..I was in a hurry in my last post but glad you guys brought it up and had me clear up some things..

Yet,I also believe that MMA guys don't know how to punch..When I hear people say Chuck Liddell would KO any boxer,it makes me wonder what some people are thinking(not on here but I've heard someone say this)..
JonnyBlaze
Sterotyping fans is not right..Bullshit..I agree with Provo and what Arum said about how boxing involves more skill..It's my opinion..I think MMA involves skill but is not an art like boxing..To me,boxing is like a dance..MMA is not graceful like boxing to me..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2009, 03:56 AM) *
Yet,I also believe that MMA guys don't know how to punch..When I hear people say Chuck Liddell would KO any boxer,it makes me wonder what some people are thinking(not on here but I've heard someone say this)..

Anyone who says that about Chuck is delusional but plenty of MMA guys know how to punch. The difference is that they have to worry about defending a takedown or submission at the same time so their footwork is a more splayed defensive style so they are not as "set" to punch as a boxer would be.

It is interesting to note that the kickboxers who transfer to boxing usually end up being big punchers like Paul Briggs & it is also funny to note how they scored most of their KO's with punches in kickboxing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.