Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Golden Boy Promotions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
If Golden Boy promotions wants to have a huge year in 2010 they could prolly put 3 fights together that could push them above the UFC again. First off...you got the Hopkins - Jones rematch you could make. Despite the age of these fighters you know people would be tuning in because of name power and curiousity. Might not be the most entertaining match, but would sell huge. Then you got a Mayweather - Mosley possibility. The dream match of the m & m boys. I say over 1 million buys for this one if promoted well and Mayweather beats Marquez convincingly. The third fight could be Pac - Marquez III. After Marquez fights Mayweather next Saturday his name will be bigger. Especially if he won or put up a solid fight which I think is possible. You can even throw in the Hatton - De La Hoya fight which I find interesting in a retirement match just Like Hopkins - Jones win, lose or draw. They have options to compete with UFC, but will they do it?
xxxxxx
And while boxing is at it...if they want to blow the UFC out of the water in 2010 they should con the Klits to fight. Thay could market that fight easily. Maybe have a Klit sleep with another Klits wife and have a little stir between the two big men.
torvix2000
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 12 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Maybe have a Klit sleep with another Klits wife and have a little stir between the two big men.

They do this and those gays from UFC will tune in.

provo
There is fights that can get done that would be big for boxing! Biggest fight out there for 2010 if they both win would be Mayweather vs Pac ,that would bring big numbers bigger than anything Ufc can do.
IMO only reason Ufc is competeing with boxing is because they have to stack their cards ! U really think if they were to headline Lesnar vs Mir and the rest of the card just be whoever like boxing does their undercard they would be able to compete with boxing?? HeLL NO! Cotto,Mayweather,Pac,Roy,Vitali etc .vs anybody would sell more !
provo
Ufc is getting alot of attention But its no way bigger than Boxing,let Ufc come up with their biggest card and boxing put a FloydvsPac,MosleyvsCotto and will Roy vs Bhop on the same card and Boxing would shit all over Ufc!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 12 2009, 12:25 PM) *
There is fights that can get done that would be big for boxing! Biggest fight out there for 2010 if they both win would be Mayweather vs Pac ,that would bring big numbers bigger than anything Ufc can do.
IMO only reason Ufc is competeing with boxing is because they have to stack their cards ! U really think if they were to headline Lesnar vs Mir and the rest of the card just be whoever like boxing does their undercard they would be able to compete with boxing?? HeLL NO! Cotto,Mayweather,Pac,Roy,Vitali etc .vs anybody would sell more !

you are right about this... ufc cards are for the most part constantly stacked...
provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 12 2009, 12:19 PM) *
you are right about this... ufc cards are for the most part constantly stacked...

I mean its true ! Would they be able to compete if they just headlined the Main event fight like Boxing ? NO!
UFC 100 was the biggest payday for UFC and had all of there main fighters on there ! Floyd vs Oscar is Boxing biggest and shit I forget who was the undercard !
Then u have dana white talking shit about Floyd ! And look Floyd vs Hatton did More than UFC 100 !
What im trying to say is put a Floyd vs Pac a Mosley vs Cotto and Roy vs BhOP against dana whites biggest fighters They in No way would come close to Boxing!
Boxing is still number 1 ! UFC has to stack their cards in order to TRY and compete with Boxing!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 04:33 PM) *

How about you just fuck right off cunt? I for one am getting very sick of your overt homophobic posts.
D-MARV
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:33 PM) *

Who are those dudes?
Rperez
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 12 2009, 07:37 PM) *
Who are those dudes?

Tito Ortiz (UFC FIGHTER) and Dana White (President of UFC)
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 12 2009, 06:25 PM) *

You say that like its a bad thing. The only reason UFC is competing is because they are constantly giving fans worthwhile matchups, matching the best against the best and not just one per event but several. Time will tell whether it stays like this as it gets bigger and bigger but with no bullshit alphabet titles and pseudo champs the only thing you can do to progress in UFC is go after the best.

In boxing forums we are forced to have to have these ridiculous conversations about risk/reward, PPV draws, splits and whether the fight "can get made". In UFC if the fight makes sense then the fight is made. I know its never goin to happen but i wish cunts like Arum would stop shitting on UFC and get his own fucking house in order.

Note to Bob Arum: You may think everything is ok sitting in your ivory tower with your millions, reeking of piss and lavender, but theres a word for your delusions. ALZHEIMERS. Just cos your not long for this world doesnt mean the rest of us wouldnt like to continue enjoying boxing long after you go to the bad fire.
yuca
If Pacman wins against Cotto, he should have another fight before a mega showdown against Mayweather. He could target Cory Spinks at 154, and get another title.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 12 2009, 04:45 PM) *
I mean its true ! Would they be able to compete if they just headlined the Main event fight like Boxing ? NO!
UFC 100 was the biggest payday for UFC and had all of there main fighters on there ! Floyd vs Oscar is Boxing biggest and shit I forget who was the undercard !
Then u have dana white talking shit about Floyd ! And look Floyd vs Hatton did More than UFC 100 !
What im trying to say is put a Floyd vs Pac a Mosley vs Cotto and Roy vs BhOP against dana whites biggest fighters They in No way would come close to Boxing!
Boxing is still number 1 ! UFC has to stack their cards in order to TRY and compete with Boxing!

i agaree with you but like ive always said the promoters will be the demise of the sport... no way boxing shouldnt have mega stars right now... you can argue a few guys are like pac and mayweather but those guys arent mega stars like ray leonard and the durans and those guys going back in the day... those guys where true superstars for their time with endorsement deals etc... until these promoters get the understanding that they have to make good fight cards not just one fight the fans want to see boxing will remain in its state... lets face it the biggest fights the FANS want to see rarely live up to what people think they will.. it goes back to as long as i can think... the cure for that is to not just serve up that popular fight but make the undercard build up to the mainevent... right now i find myself hoping the fights end quick then feeling like well lets get a few rounds in so i can get my moneys worth...

it would be nice for this site (pcraw or who ever does the interviewing) to get some interviews with some of the leading promoters and ask them some tough questions like why they give us 2 or 3 espn fights before the main event on these 55 or if you buy in hd 65 dollar ppvs?... super fights should have if not championship fights top very known contenders supporting the main event... put them ho's on the spot...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 13 2009, 04:50 AM) *
You say that like its a bad thing. The only reason UFC is competing is because they are constantly giving fans worthwhile matchups, matching the best against the best and not just one per event but several. Time will tell whether it stays like this as it gets bigger and bigger but with no bullshit alphabet titles and pseudo champs the only thing you can do to progress in UFC is go after the best.

In boxing forums we are forced to have to have these ridiculous conversations about risk/reward, PPV draws, splits and whether the fight "can get made". In UFC if the fight makes sense then the fight is made. I know its never goin to happen but i wish cunts like Arum would stop shitting on UFC and get his own fucking house in order.

Note to Bob Arum: You may think everything is ok sitting in your ivory tower with your millions, reeking of piss and lavender, but theres a word for your delusions. ALZHEIMERS. Just cos your not long for this world doesnt mean the rest of us wouldnt like to continue enjoying boxing long after you go to the bad fire.

your statement is right on the money....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 13 2009, 02:05 PM) *
If Pacman wins against Cotto, he should have another fight before a mega showdown against Mayweather. He could target Cory Spinks at 154, and get another title.

if pac is able to beat cotto he dont need another fight he will be certifiable a bad ass man... lol....
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 14 2009, 10:35 PM) *
if pac is able to beat cotto he dont need another fight he will be certifiable a bad ass man... lol....

And if he stops Cotto he is without a doubt the number 1 P4P no matter how bad Floyd beats Marquez.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2009, 11:37 PM) *
And if he stops Cotto he is without a doubt the number 1 P4P no matter how bad Floyd beats Marquez.

why is that cause how much u guys hate mayweather its sad u guys would say anything to discreated floyd. when he stoped hatton oh ricky was overrated but when pacman doseit he's the greatest ever i dnt get it. floyd will stop the only guy to beat pacman twice. i got a question for u do u think cotto is a better boxer then marquez or corrales or castillo money may beat the last two in there prime. u guy are funny
ezdoseit
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2009, 11:37 PM) *

why is that cause how much u guys hate mayweather its sad u guys would say anything to discreated floyd. when he stoped hatton oh ricky was overrated but when pacman dose it he's the greatest ever i dnt get it. floyd will stop the only guy to beat pacman twice. i got a question for u do u think cotto is a better boxer then marquez or corrales or castillo money may beat the last two in there prime. u guy are funny " yall must have forgot"
King Eugene
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 15 2009, 03:17 AM) *
why is that cause how much u guys hate mayweather its sad u guys would say anything to discreated floyd. when he stoped hatton oh ricky was overrated but when pacman dose it he's the greatest ever i dnt get it. floyd will stop the only guy to beat pacman twice. i got a question for u do u think cotto is a better boxer then marquez or corrales or castillo money may beat the last two in there prime. u guy are funny " yall must have forgot"

laugh.gif I hate Mayweather? I take it you cant see my sig.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 15 2009, 03:17 AM) *

Floyd got a gift in the first Castillo fight, the fight was semi-close, but JLC definately deserved the win. You can admit it. JMM beat Pac twice??? Both fights were close. I got a question for you? How many fights at welterweight did JMM have? How many times was JMM buckled in his last fight against Diaz at lightweight? Big fucking deal if hr stops JMM, he is out of his comfortable weight class and is a little chinny to begin with. And how long ago were his fights with Castillo and Corrales? What has he done lately??? Why is it everytime someone even remotely criticizes PBF, it is called hate, and all the huggers come to his rescue? You are pretty funny yourself.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2009, 07:53 AM) *
Floyd got a gift in the first Castillo fight, the fight was semi-close, but JLC definately deserved the win. You can admit it. JMM beat Pac twice??? Both fights were close. I got a question for you? How many fights at welterweight did JMM have? How many times was JMM buckled in his last fight against Diaz at lightweight? Big fucking deal if hr stops JMM, he is out of his comfortable weight class and is a little chinny to begin with. And how long ago were his fights with Castillo and Corrales? What has he done lately??? Why is it everytime someone even remotely criticizes PBF, it is called hate, and all the huggers come to his rescue? You are pretty funny yourself.

the first castillo fight was close but he dominated the second fight right. it doesnt matter how many ww fights marquez has this is boxing not how much u weigh. how can u criticize someone who fought the best fighters and won. what about when he called shane out not once but twice no one criticizes shane never and floyd was an light weight at the time i guess when shane fought oscar instead that was a great bussiness move right. how come everybody can do except floyd. hey guess what shane must have gotten his tooth fix lol.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2009, 07:53 AM) *

the first castillo fight was close but he dominated the second fight right. it doesnt matter how many ww fights marquez has this is boxing not how much u weigh. how can u criticize someone who fought the best fighters and won. what about when he called shane out not once but twice no one criticizes shane never and floyd was an light weight at the time i guess when shane fought oscar instead that was a great bussiness move right. how come everybody can do except floyd. hey guess what shane must have gotten his tooth fix lol.
ezdoseit
[quote name='Lil-lightsout' post='451595' date='Sep 15 2009, 07:53 AM']Floyd got a gift in the first Castillo fight, the fight was semi-close, but JLC definately deserved the win. You can admit it. JMM beat Pac twice??? Both fights were close. I got a question for you? How many fights at welterweight did JMM have? How many times was JMM buckled in his last fight against Diaz at lightweight? Big fucking deal if hr stops JMM, he is out of his comfortable weight class and is a little chinny to begin with. And how long ago were his fights with Castillo and Corrales? What has he done lately??? Why is it everytime someone even remotely criticizes PBF, it is called hate, and all the huggers come to his rescue? You are pretty funny yourself.[/q
ezdoseit
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 15 2009, 02:50 AM) *
laugh.gif I hate Mayweather? I take it you cant see my sig.

u have to respect his talent but making comments like u made make people wonder anyway floyd is the best pfp fighter in the world when he best pacman what r u gonna say then?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Floyd got a gift in the first Castillo fight, the fight was semi-close, but JLC definately deserved the win. You can admit it.

He sure did. A close but clear 8-4 win for Castillo. At a stretch you could say 7-5 but no more.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 15 2009, 09:55 PM) *
He sure did. A close but clear 8-4 win for Castillo. At a stretch you could say 7-5 but no more.

me and a buddy of mine talk about this fight all the time.. he hates floyd because he feels castillo got robbed.. i dont hate floyd but i also agree there was no question in that fight.. castillo deserved the nod in that one...
King Eugene
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 15 2009, 03:04 PM) *
u have to respect his talent but making comments like u made make people wonder anyway floyd is the best pfp fighter in the world when he best pacman what r u gonna say then?

He retired which resulted in him losing that title. If he beats Manny then he is arguably #1. Who ever said I didn't respect his talent? I'm a realist and what I've realized is he's been wasting his talent lately! I'm a fan that thinks logical, not a hugger thats delusional.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 15 2009, 10:53 PM) *
me and a buddy of mine talk about this fight all the time.. he hates floyd because he feels castillo got robbed.. i dont hate floyd but i also agree there was no question in that fight.. castillo deserved the nod in that one...

why dnt u and your buddy talk about the second fight when floyd boxed his shoes off u guys kill me. he didnt have to give him a remacth but he did no one talks about that or how many round did castillo when in that fight youtube it lol. september 19, 2009 floyd will dominate
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 16 2009, 12:52 PM) *
why dnt u and your buddy talk about the second fight when floyd boxed his shoes off u guys kill me. he didnt have to give him a remacth but he did no one talks about that or how many round did castillo when in that fight youtube it lol. september 19, 2009 floyd will dominate

I thought the second fight was close. I gave it narrowly to Floyd. Have not seen it in a while. I am curious what others remember of the second fight? I know Floyd did not dominate.
lloyd mayflower
does willingness to grant a rematch make robbery ok in your eyes then? Take it we have another PBF cockgobbler?
ezdoseit
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 15 2009, 11:35 PM) *
He retired which resulted in him losing that title. If he beats Manny then he is arguably #1. Who ever said I didn't respect his talent? I'm a realist and what I've realized is he's been wasting his talent lately! I'm a fan that thinks logical, not a hugger thats delusional.

he lost his pfp status says you how can you determine that. when he retired everybody knew he would come back. if i can remember correctly when ray leonard retired he never lost his pfp status but for floyd thing or different i know. hugger im not to be honest im an huge shane fan but the hate floyd gets is crazy. go roy jones dec. 2, 2009 danny green gets ko'd
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 16 2009, 12:35 AM) *

No,no,no. Floyd NEEDS to fight the BEST Welterweight in Mosley if he wants to be P4P #1. Which 147 pond top fighters has Manny beaten? Shit...I would pick Clottey over Pac mainly due to the size difference. I just think Pac should stay at 140. But Roach thinks he has damaged goods in Cotto, plus making him lose a few pounds, it will look good if Manny beats Cotto for the Almost Welterweight But Not Quite And A Little Above Super Lightweight Title.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 16 2009, 12:08 PM) *
No,no,no. Floyd NEEDS to fight the BEST Welterweight in Mosley if he wants to be P4P #1. Which 147 pond top fighters has Manny beaten? Shit...I would pick Clottey over Pac mainly due to the size difference. I just think Pac should stay at 140. But Roach thinks he has damaged goods in Cotto, plus making him lose a few pounds, it will look good if Manny beats Cotto for the Almost Welterweight But Not Quite And A Little Above Super Lightweight Title.

floyd will fight mosley and he we'll win but they have to build hype how many black vs black fights do well in ppv not many so after marquez and pacman mosley will get an boxing lession. and i thank nobody should buy cotto vs pac until they make it and welter weight fight bob aurm is full of bs!
imhere
If boxing as a whole needs something to survive, they should be seeking out for new breed of boxers. Not recycle those "over the hill" boxers.
xxxxxx
It looks like Golden Boy is trying to make the Jones-Hopkins rematch and The Mosley-Mayweather match right now. Good for them. Two great fights to help the sport of boxing in 2010.
xxxxxx
anyone think that Marquez-Hatton would be a good fight to make?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 27 2009, 08:49 PM) *
anyone think that Marquez-Hatton would be a good fight to make?

I'd like to see that one. I think it will probably get made too. both guys are GBP's own. If Hatton wants it, its probably a done deal.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 28 2009, 04:23 AM) *
I'd like to see that one. I think it will probably get made too. both guys are GBP's own. If Hatton wants it, its probably a done deal.

Ya I'd like to see that fight also. The fight makes sense and I would love to see Marquez get the victory. I really like what Golden Boy promotions is doing right now. Their trying to make the fights that the fans want. Even pressuring Mayweather to fight Mosley. I hope they keep this up and dont let off the gas because they have they power, the fighters and the determination to walk all over the ufc.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 12 2009, 10:28 AM) *
If Golden Boy promotions wants to have a huge year in 2010 they could prolly put 3 fights together that could push them above the UFC again. First off...you got the Hopkins - Jones rematch you could make. Despite the age of these fighters you know people would be tuning in because of name power and curiousity. Might not be the most entertaining match, but would sell huge. Then you got a Mayweather - Mosley possibility. The dream match of the m & m boys. I say over 1 million buys for this one if promoted well and Mayweather beats Marquez convincingly. The third fight could be Pac - Marquez III. After Marquez fights Mayweather next Saturday his name will be bigger. Especially if he won or put up a solid fight which I think is possible. You can even throw in the Hatton - De La Hoya fight which I find interesting in a retirement match just Like Hopkins - Jones win, lose or draw. They have options to compete with UFC, but will they do it?

It appears we will get at least 2 of the 3 fights I mentioned. The Hopkins - Jones fight would have been bigger if Jones wouldn't have lost his last fight, but still should be better than some anticipate. Especially with the ko clause they put in the contract. Congrats to Golden Boy for making the Mayweather - Mosley fight! I still would be interested to see De La Hoya - Hatton in a retirement fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.