Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Ward vs. Pudwill@9PMCST or 9:45 PM) (SPOILERS)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For comments on this fight

Jack

Administrator
Box in Hand
Ward looked sharp and quick. It's cool that he got his man out faster than Kessler did. Not sure if Ward is strong enough to keep Kessler off of him though.
thefloatingmonkey
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 12 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Ward looked sharp and quick. It's cool that he got his man out faster than Kessler did. Not sure if Ward is strong enough to keep Kessler off of him though.

Yeah, I am thinking the same. Kessler just looks so much stronger. It might be a quick fight.
Spyder
I'm not sold on Ward yet. He looks skilled, but he missed with a lot of shots that should've landed.

My pick for the tournament is the other Andre...The Matrix!
The CEO
Did y'all see the switches and punch variety? The elusiveness?...the precision?

and then compare it to what Kessler did tonight...slow, getting his head snapped back, MISSING wildly in the finishing salvo....

Ward is gonna straight up outbox Kessler. It will be a clear UD at the very least. The only way Kessler can win is if the Danish Gods grant him his Puncher's Chance...

Spyder
I know that you're high on Ward, but he just seems fragile to me. Maybe it was the knockdown...I don't know. I just always feel like he could get taken out at any moment.

Andre Dirrell on the other hand...I see him winning this whole thing. I always thought that he was the class of that US Team.
Douchebag
Dirrell is going to win it.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 12 2009, 11:39 PM) *
Dirrell is going to win it.

YOU FUCKING RIGHT!

good call.
The CEO
Dirrell could win it...but I have a feeling he's gonna choke. I see mental vulnerablility in him...

You know how hard I am on most fighters, Spyder...but I think you're being too hard on Ward...I know where you're coming from calling him fragile...but I think that's of the past...he's grown more rugged...I think the Miranda fight proved that when he bullied the bully...

Kessler is simply gonna be outleagued by Ward's Boxing skills...
happygocampy
I think Ward will beat Kessler through a decision, but he has to be careful, Kessler is smart at timing punches where your head will be which makes his plainer style successful against a typical boxer, that and decent hand speed to boot. He also won't be as easy to hit as Pudwill was. Kessler uses footwork at better times, Ward was able to sit on his punches well cause Pudwill wasn't moving around fast enough when Ward moved in to set. Kessler has a fast good Jab that i believe will be the difference in Ward not being able to dominate him too easily. That being said watching Ward i feel he adjusts very fast, and even if he starts out losing, will figure Kessler out and outbox/work him.

What's wierd is, for some reason in my head i see Taylor beating Ward when they meet. Someone tell me i'm crazy?
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2009, 11:57 PM) *
Dirrell could win it...but I have a feeling he's gonna choke. I see mental vulnerablility in him...

You know how hard I am on most fighters, Spyder...but I think you're being too hard on Ward...I know where you're coming from calling him fragile...but I think that's of the past...he's grown more rugged...I think the Miranda fight proved that when he bullied the bully...

Kessler is simply gonna be outleagued by Ward's Boxing skills...

I hope you're right about Ward...Miranda is a tough dude, but he also can't land a punch to save his life.

I have no doubt that Ward's skills could make Kessler an easy night for him, but I'm worried about when he gets hit. That's when I see him breaking like a little china doll. This is one of those times that I want to be wrong.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 12 2009, 10:51 PM) *

I like Ward but I am not sure he is tough enough for Kessler! My pick to win the tourney is Kessler! Ward getting that guy out faster didn't impress me as much as some it would seem... And BTW StyleZ, whatcha know about me boy Ed Reed?
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 13 2009, 10:28 AM) *
I like Ward but I am not sure he is tough enough for Kessler! My pick to win the tourney is Kessler! Ward getting that guy out faster didn't impress me as much as some it would seem... And BTW StyleZ, whatcha know about me boy Ed Reed?

Best Player in the NFL.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 12 2009, 10:51 PM) *

ward did get his guy out of there quicker, but not as quick as john duddy got that guy out of there two fights ago. kessler's guy hadn't been down before, let alone ko'd. it doesn't really matter too much though, because both those guys were there for a tune up. you want at least a few rounds in a tune up fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Did y'all see the switches and punch variety? The elusiveness?...the precision?

and then compare it to what Kessler did tonight...slow, getting his head snapped back, MISSING wildly in the finishing salvo....

Ward is gonna straight up outbox Kessler. It will be a clear UD at the very least. The only way Kessler can win is if the Danish Gods grant him his Puncher's Chance...

i agree i am still rollin with andre... sumthin else too for kesslers sake i hope he gets to cali early enough to acclamate to the time zone.. that can hurt him too... kessler is good but ward is showing some good skill... it will be a diffrent type of fight then what he's been getting over in europe... i will say this if he can make andre ward look like an easy fight i will favor him for the rest of the tourney...
King Eugene
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 13 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Best Player in the NFL.

Man you dont know a damn thing about Ed Reed! lol One of the if not the best safety in the league and hands down the best safety to come out of THE UUUUUU!!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 14 2009, 09:34 PM) *
i agree i am still rollin with andre... sumthin else too for kesslers sake i hope he gets to cali early enough to acclamate to the time zone.. that can hurt him too... kessler is good but ward is showing some good skill... it will be a diffrent type of fight then what he's been getting over in europe... i will say this if he can make andre ward look like an easy fight i will favor him for the rest of the tourney...

You are rollin' correctly.

and just for the record...I'm not sayin' Ward's at his best or "great" yet....but as of rightnow, he's a NIGHTMARE for a fighter like Kessler.
D-MARV
LOL... Last Time CEO was this confident was Hatton-Pacquiao... Fuck It! WARD UD.

After watching film of Calzaghe-Kessler and Ward-Miranda everything CEO is saying is making sense.
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 15 2009, 12:11 PM) *
LOL... Last Time CEO was this confident was Hatton-Pacquiao... Fuck It! WARD UD.

After watching film of Calzaghe-Kessler and Ward-Miranda everything CEO is saying is making sense.

Thank you, StyleZ...I appreciate your vote of confidence.

friends.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.