Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steroids use in boxing...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
dominicbuilder9k1
Some people's mouth are faster than their mind,...Mayweather Sr is so impressed with Manny Pacquiao that he came up with this idea the PACMAN is using steroids?....hahaha......

well, actually he is not impressed with Pacquiao, but his mouth is saying some desperate ideas the Pacman has used steroids as a result of those extra-ordinary feats by Pacquiao.......

How could the Pacman end Hatton in 2nd round while his son Floyd took much longer.???....the same thing with De La Hoya,.???..... well....Could it be that Pacquiao is indeed using steroids..?...what do you think?...
EirbinX
Nah, I don't believe thats the case him and his son are mad at the fact that Manny is on the top p4p list and not Floyd, When it comes down to it they test all the time for that stuff I don't believe Sr. Crazy ass says until I've seen some positive test
lloyd mayflower
If senior really thought there was an issue with Manny using steroids surely he would have highlighted it after his fighter was KO'ed by Pac in his last fight??? Or maybe PBF got his penchant for making ridiculous outlandish statements from his crackhead daddy. These 2 cunts will come away with any old shit to disrespect other fighters.

On another note tho, it wouldnt be a great shock if Manny was on the juice. I only base this on a subject that has been alluded to in another thread...

MANNYS HEAD IS FUCKIN MASSIVE!!!!!!
The CEO

lol...what if Manny has backne and man boobs at the weigh in with Cotto...
JD
Mayweather is an idiot.
leonthegee
thats a nasty accusation. nobody should be throwing the word steriods around unless u can prove it. im a big mayweather jr. supporter but ive never been a huge fan of senior.
Method
Mayweather Sr better watch his ass. They changed around the rules regarding libel (and, hence the suits that may ensue as a result), and it seems that he's on the verge of catching himself one. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he might wanna be prepared to back his shit up if he's going to keep popping off about it so matter-of-factly in the media.
iron_mike
I was just about to post this....Crackhead Sr can insult Manny about his skills, or 'lack of skills', but to throw an accusation like that, I hope his sarcodosis ends him soon...piece of shit

If I were Manny's lawyers, I would definitely try to pursue some type of legal action. Dirty crackhead punk
Box in Hand
My take on this is that Senior trained Hatton and was talking a lot of shit to Roach. Then Pac cleans Hatton's clock making Senior look like an idiot. So, the only way for Senior to justify things in his mind is to bring steroids into the picture. Bottom line is, Hatton would never have been able to beat Pac even if Hatton was the one on steroids.
kidbazooka1
I don't take too seriouse what Mayweather Sr. says now in days the guy is obviously a f*cking nut .

D-MARV
It's not fair to accuse Pacquiao of using roids. He works extremely hard. Mayweather Jr. has been looking jacked on 24/7, is he on roids too? I have my own idea in reference to these fighters but in no way should Sr. being running around saying Pac is on the juice.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 15 2009, 01:25 PM) *
Mayweather Sr better watch his ass. They changed around the rules regarding libel (and, hence the suits that may ensue as a result), and it seems that he's on the verge of catching himself one. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but he might wanna be prepared to back his shit up if he's going to keep popping off about it so matter-of-factly in the media.

You are right, in legal terms Pacman can file a defamation of character lawsuit. But if it was known factual knowledge that he was on the juice then Sr. has nothing to worry about. You just cant be going around defaming a person unless the things you say are true, then it isnt defamation of character its just truth. With Arum being Pacs manager Floyd Sr. may be getting hit with lawsuit papers. Floyd Sr has got to be the biggest idiot, what a loser.
Keith
Sr. is an idiot... but I have to admit I have thought the same about Pac though. Probably not roids but HG. Do they test for HG in boxing? He has grown a whole lot thicker especially the over the last 2 years. The dudes body is growing significantly in his late 20's and that seems unnatural to me. His head and face look thicker. How many guys have gone from 108 to 147 during a career and been this effective?

This isnt just a matter of "he's the top guy so we need to tear him down". Despite the suspicions plenty of people believed Bonds, Mcgwire, Sosa, and all those other baseball players were legit before the truth came out. Money makes people do a lot of things they normally wouldnt.
provo
Mayweather sr is a idiot but he don't give a fuck LOL.
Wouldn't that be some crazy shit though if it came out to be true ?
The CEO
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 15 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Sr. is an idiot... but I have to admit I have thought the same about Pac though. Probably not roids but HG. Do they test for HG in boxing? He has grown a whole lot thicker especially the over the last 2 years. The dudes body is growing significantly in his late 20's and that seems unnatural to me. His head and face look thicker. How many guys have gone from 108 to 147 during a career and been this effective?

This isnt just a matter of "he's the top guy so we need to tear him down". Despite the suspicions plenty of people believed Bonds, Mcgwire, Sosa, and all those other baseball players were legit before the truth came out. Money makes people do a lot of things they normally wouldnt.

I see where your coming from but Pacquaio strikes me as one of those dudes that can get big muscle wise if he wanted and still be proportioned. For a guy who's only 5'6' he's built pretty thick all around just look at the guys calves there f*cking huge.
Douchebag
Let them all use steroids so we can end this discussion.
provo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 15 2009, 06:10 PM) *

LMFAO!!! LOL that's funny shit! I think Floyd is right LOL
iron_mike
Crackhead Sr. is the biggest hater out there, not just of Manny, but of anyone. I think if Pac and Jr fight, and Pac literally decapitates Floyd with a right hook, he'll complain that he's not throwing punches correctly, a professional's punch would have ripped the spine out as well.

Seriously, I really hope Arum or somebody sues that piece of shit and I hope he dies a slow painful death
D-MARV
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 15 2009, 10:02 PM) *
Crackhead Sr. is the biggest hater out there, not just of Manny, but of anyone. I think if Pac and Jr fight, and Pac literally decapitates Floyd with a right hook, he'll complain that he's not throwing punches correctly, a professional's punch would have ripped the spine out as well.

Seriously, I really hope Arum or somebody sues that piece of shit and I hope he dies a slow painful death

Wow... All that? Really?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 16 2009, 03:02 AM) *

Wow. That is the type of thing I would say. I suggest you mix Snr up a nice big sweet jug of Kool Aid & ratsak to achieve the desired result.

OOOH YEAH I can just see him slurping it down stirring in the sugar....

iron_mike
Don't have the same level of hate for Jr as I do Sr, but please add me to the wagon!
Keith
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 15 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I see where your coming from but Pacquaio strikes me as one of those dudes that can get big muscle wise if he wanted and still be proportioned. For a guy who's only 5'6' he's built pretty thick all around just look at the guys calves there f*cking huge.

Wasnt he 5'6'' when he fought at 108 -112? I dont know if he is on anything but everything about him seems bigger without looking like a body builder. Thats the part I find strange. When you put on muscle using roids (mosley at 154) you look like your lifting heavy weights. Pac doesnt look that way even though he's put 15 lbs on a 5'6'' frame in his late 20's. That reeks of HG. Everything grows when your on HG and as you said he still looks "proportioned".
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 16 2009, 04:40 AM) *
Wasnt he 5'6'' when he fought at 108 -112? I dont know if he is on anything but everything about him seems bigger without looking like a body builder. Thats the part I find strange. When you put on muscle using roids (mosley at 154) you look like your lifting heavy weights. Pac doesnt look that way even though he's put 15 lbs on a 5'6'' frame in his late 20's. That reeks of HG. Everything grows when your on HG and as you said he still looks "proportioned".

Personally I think it is a combination of natural late 20's growth & weight gain & using a nutritionist. I know I filled out more between 25-30 & so did most of my mates.
Snoop
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 16 2009, 12:42 AM) *

On the contrary, I think it is, this comment especially, a case of "he's the top guy so we need to tear him down" type matter. Floyd Sr. came up with the accusation completely out of thin air, or as he said, "because he shakes his head too much" and now people are starting to question steroid usage based off his superb performances? I guess people are subject to criticisms when they're in the limelight, but I'm also a bit surprised to see Floyd Sr.'s rumors actually taking effect, because this is exactly what he wanted by making these type of comments public.
Keith
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 16 2009, 02:04 AM) *
On the contrary, I think it is, this comment especially, a case of "he's the top guy so we need to tear him down" type matter. Floyd Sr. came up with the accusation completely out of thin air, or as he said, "because he shakes his head too much" and now people are starting to question steroid usage based off his superb performances? I guess people are subject to criticisms when they're in the limelight, but I'm also a bit surprised to see Floyd Sr.'s rumors actually taking effect, because this is exactly what he wanted by making these type of comments public.

Actually, I said this on another thread a few days ago... Sr. had nothing to do with it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 16 2009, 02:31 AM) *

LOL! I still remember one of your posts regarding your in-laws. You said they're Filipinos? And your "dad" has big calves, too! Hahaha!
Fadetwist
The interview would have been epic if Kanye interrupted.

Kanye " Yo Mayweather Sr. Imma let you finish but Bonds had the best use of Steroids of all time!!"
iron_mike
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=22234

LOL at the last part, Manny says, 'I don't even know what a steroid is' He obviously has some understanding what they are, what they're used ofr, but it was such an innocent, childlike answer, which I think is part of his personality trait that endears him to many, no just fellow Filipinos.

The next article I want to read about is a defamation/libel suit against leather skinned, old ugly, wrinkled crackpipe Sr
Snoop
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 16 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Actually, I said this on another thread a few days ago... Sr. had nothing to do with it.

Well, I guess you're covered on that part. My apologies.

But I still think its unfair to make those type of accusations based solely on the fact that he's been performing well. 108 was when he first started his career, when he was what, 16? I don't think it's far fetched to think someone could go up 39 lbs comfortably over the course of 14 years. Plus, his only real win at welterweight, DLH, was IMO more due DLH coming in dehydrated rather than Manny's skill.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 16 2009, 06:00 AM) *
LOL! I still remember one of your posts regarding your in-laws. You said they're Filipinos? And your "dad" has big calves, too! Hahaha!

lol! yeah my father in law is only about 5'5 but with calves the size of bowling balls.
torvix2000
Pacquiao doesn't punch harder. If you can anticipate his punches, you won't get knocked out. If you can prepare yourself for the impact, you won't get knocked out. Physically, you still have the same Pacquiao.

What's changed? Well, he can sneak in punches much better. That's upgrade in skills. The punch that knocked out Hatton cold was after Pac decided to time in after Hatton's punch was released. Hatton landed first. Pacquiao was wary of Hatton's punches and was avoiding them. But he decided to absorb one just to land a haymaker.
thehype
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 16 2009, 02:04 AM) *

Actually........I hear there may be some truth to the rumor. Any time a guy has a strength and conditioning coach, I think there should be some background checks done on that person. I'm not saying Mayweather Sr. is correct, but I'm just saying...

Of course, in my opinion, a lot of guys have been and will continue to use some type of performance enhancing supplements. I mean, when you only fight once or twice a year and you know when those fights are scheduled, it's very easy to cycle on and cycle off of that shit without getting caught.
torvix2000
Maybe Pacquiao was taking steroids when he fought Barrera because of the almost maniacal non stop fashion he demolished Barrera.
dominicbuilder9k1
I think i read somebody posted about Pacquiao replying "not knowing what is steroids"?... If he indeed say that, I believe him....you see, in the Philippines very few group of people know about steroids... doctors and people in the medical works know what is steroids (but not all).......bodybuilders in the Philippines know what is steroids...no offense to the Filipino people but the general as a whole do not know what is steroids....hahaha... I stand corrected, but this is what I know, ONLY FEW GROUP of people in the Philippines know what is STEROIDS!!!... I was offered three times by a bodybuilder to use this stuff...and three times I rejected... I am a Filipino,...I am a bodybuilder.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 16 2009, 11:31 AM) *
I think i read somebody posted about Pacquiao replying "not knowing what is steroids"?... If he indeed say that, I believe him....you see, in the Philippines very few group of people know about steroids... doctors and people in the medical works know what is steroids (but not all).......bodybuilders in the Philippines know what is steroids...no offense to the Filipino people but the general as a whole do not know what is steroids....hahaha... I stand corrected, but this is what I know, ONLY FEW GROUP of people in the Philippines know what is STEROIDS!!!... I was offered three times by a bodybuilder to use this stuff...and three times I rejected... I am a Filipino,...I am a bodybuilder.

Who you got for the Mr. O?

I see Dexter talking it again this year but Heath will give him a good run for his money.
torvix2000
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 16 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Pacquiao's conditioning coach is not a Filipino. He could have slipped something in Pac's menu.

iron_mike
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 16 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Maybe Pacquiao was taking steroids when he fought Barrera because of the almost maniacal non stop fashion he demolished Barrera.

Assuming you meant 1st fight...how bout the fact he was 23, 24, young, fresh, pumped, fighting at the time one of the p4p elite, and DESTROYING him. Never seen him act 'cocky' in the ring, but he was that night, smiles, arms raised, all the confidence in the world.

Just because someone has excellent stamina doesn't equate to anything illegal being put in the body
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 16 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Actually........I hear there may be some truth to the rumor. Any time a guy has a strength and conditioning coach, I think there should be some background checks done on that person. I'm not saying Mayweather Sr. is correct, but I'm just saying...

Of course, in my opinion, a lot of guys have been and will continue to use some type of performance enhancing supplements. I mean, when you only fight once or twice a year and you know when those fights are scheduled, it's very easy to cycle on and cycle off of that shit without getting caught.

That's a solid opinion....wouldn't surprise me if Packy is juicin'....plus, that "I don't even know what a steroid is..." response throws up some guilty flags to me....

JMM > Pacquiao for sure now.

singletrack
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 15 2009, 08:42 PM) *
Probably not roids but HG. Do they test for HG in boxing?

There is no valid test for HGH.
singletrack
As I mentioned in a previous thread, the one thing I will absolutely agree with is that there is a need for more testing in boxing. Testing only at fight time is crazy. If you are an active fighter, you should be tested periodically, and there should be the option of testing randomly as well - as there is in NCAA. Of course, I would guess that many of the guys that are juicing are on HGH, and there is no test for that. On the other hand, who would be in charge of the testing? The state athletic commission? For which state? You don't have a fight scheduled... The sanctioning body? They probably don't want to find out if their big fighters are dirty anyway - just less money for them.

I'm not even clear on what is tested for in boxing anyway; you hear very little about it in general.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Sep 15 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Let them all use steroids so we can end this discussion.

I agree. It's the only way to even the playing field. They can take them at their own risk.
Snoop
I can't believe the accusations have gotten to this level WITHOUT any substantive evidence. Maybe we should start questioning all the accomplished fighters in boxing.
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 16 2009, 12:18 PM) *
That's a solid opinion....wouldn't surprise me if Packy is juicin'....plus, that "I don't even know what a steroid is..." response throws up some guilty flags to me....

JMM > Pacquiao for sure now.

This was really my point to begin with. Lots of "guilty flags" are up and waving. A lot of people so far on this thread seem unwilling to ask the tough questions. I look at this forum as the lowest step on the media latter. We're not jounalists... but we are a part of the media. If nobody asks any questions, nobody ever gets caught.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 16 2009, 09:43 PM) *
I can't believe the accusations have gotten to this level WITHOUT any substantive evidence. Maybe we should start questioning all the accomplished fighters in boxing.

It is getting ridiculous really. Pac is basically getting crucified by some on here for heresay by a guy who is a absolute moron in Snr yet a fat juiced to the eyeballs Toney is held up as a example of what is great about this sport.

What is better winning fights in brutal dominant fashion against the best competition in the world with no hint of "assistance" controversy or labouring to split decisions & juicing winning no meaningful fights in years?
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2009, 07:35 PM) *
It is getting ridiculous really. Pac is basically getting crucified by some on here for heresay by a guy who is a absolute moron in Snr yet a fat juiced to the eyeballs Toney is held up as a example of what is great about this sport.

What is better winning fights in brutal dominant fashion against the best competition in the world with no hint of "assistance" controversy or labouring to split decisions & juicing winning no meaningful fights in years?

I think Toney is a dirtbag juicer trying to hold on to his career. I'm not defending him or any other juicer. What bugs me is this happens over and over yet fans seem so surprised when they find out a guy is juicing. When someone is getting bigger and also performing at a ridiculously good level it should raise red flags. Being from Australia... are you familiar with all of the athletes in the United States who have been caught juicing? Here in the States, it seems that athletes are being caught on a regular basis.
torvix2000
Those close to Mosley and knew about the steroids use said that they thought steroids would benefit Mosley. But they said that steroids changed Mosley in ways that are not good for him as a boxer.

Is Mosley taking steroids now?

Steroids would have hurt Pacquiao more.

This isn't grappling or submission. This isn't just pure speed we're talking about.

Pacquiao is the same Pacquiao. Everything about him is overrated. He just have so many awkward attributes that cannot be handled by a lot of opponents.

Is he super fast? Nope.
Is he that powerful? Nope. His power is overrated.

But I say he's always "off balanced". He doesn't know the basic direction of throwing punches. Etc. etc.
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 16 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Those close to Mosley and knew about the steroids use said that they thought steroids would benefit Mosley. But they said that steroids changed Mosley in ways that are not good for him as a boxer.

Is Mosley taking steroids now?

Steroids would have hurt Pacquiao more.

This isn't grappling or submission. This isn't just pure speed we're talking about.

Pacquiao is the same Pacquiao. Everything about him is overrated. He just have so many awkward attributes that cannot be handled by a lot of opponents.

Is he super fast? Nope.
Is he that powerful? Nope. His power is overrated.

But I say he's always "off balanced". He doesn't know the basic direction of throwing punches. Etc. etc.

If he is on anything, it isnt steroids. As I explained in an earlier post, people taking steroids and lifting weights to get bigger look unatural, ala Mosley at 154. He looked too big and it was obvious that his 5'9'' frame shouldnt have that much muscle on it. Thats what bugs me about Pac. He has put on 15 lbs in the past 2 years and just looks bigger period. Everything looks bigger in a totally natural way... his frame looks broader, his waist is thicker, even his face and head look bigger. Thats what HG does. It helps your whole body grow in a much more natural looking way. He may very well be a freak of nature and its absolutely legit. I have no proof, its just a matter of me asking "how the hell is it possible to do that if he's not cheating?" If its his nutritionist, that dude should be getting paid some serious dough.
Snoop
I just think the whole thing is ridiculous. Floyd Snr. obviously just pulled this stuff out of his ass and wanted to start a buzzing rumor. I'm very surprised that it's actually working when he has absolutely no evidence or reason to think he'd be juicing other than, "he's kicking everyone's ass and that he shakes a lot." Maybe we should start accusing Hopkins who moved up a solid 15 lbs to dominate Tarver. Or Marquez who moved up and dominated in higher weight classes or the countless other lightweights who moved up simply because their body grew with their age. Or hell, didn't Floyd Jr. start at 130? Well he managed to go up 24 lbs and win a belt. The only thing that people seem to have to accuse Pacquiao is that he's dominating the sport and all his fights, which IMO, is not enough to warrant an accusation.
imhere
Thats what you get when you're a superstar. You get this controversies, its natural anyway. Lets all hope that all things will work out well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.