Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arce losses, Soto and Solis win bouts!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Arce lost a 12 rd decision to African Nonggayi for the IBF title. Arce looked slow and gassed and just looked sluggish though he's been looking like that for a while now. Nonggayi is a pretty tough dude and a good counter puncher. Arce needs to hang em' up he's a very very old 30 yr old and can no longer hang with these fresher fighters.

Humberto Soto retained his title with a 2nd rd TKO over Colombian Aristides perez. And Ulises Solis won an 8 rd decision and is looking ta a rematch with Viloria down the road.
Snoop
Were these bouts televised? Where'd they take place? I know Aristidez Perez. I used to train with him in Cartagena.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 16 2009, 12:51 AM) *
Were these bouts televised? Where'd they take place? I know Aristidez Perez. I used to train with him in Cartagena.

Yeah they were televised on TV azteca from Cancun.

Perez looked like a pretty good fighter Soto was just too much for him though.
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 16 2009, 07:14 AM) *
Yeah they were televised on TV azteca from Cancun.

Perez looked like a pretty good fighter Soto was just too much for him though.

Yeah he trained like a beast. Had a drinking problem though. Plus too many women. lol.
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 16 2009, 07:59 AM) *
Darchinyan really punishes fighters when he beats them. I liked Arce though.

Mijires had his 3rd straight loss couple of days ago..aint good!
Arce has looked past it recently.. this aint good either as I really like Arce's will & attitude, very entertaining fighter!
BigG
Arce has been past-it for sometime now...He also should've lost to that Thai a few fights ago..

The guy Mijares lost to is a very good fighter from what I heer and outpointed, outworked Mijares...
thefloatingmonkey
Was looking over at boxrec.com and it is saying that Soto is going to fight Valero next in Nov? Is this true? That should be a good fight if so.
Snoop
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Sep 16 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Was looking over at boxrec.com and it is saying that Soto is going to fight Valero next in Nov? Is this true? That should be a good fight if so.

I saw that too. I also saw the Valero has a 100% KO record. Is that accurate?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 16 2009, 05:45 PM) *
I saw that too. I also saw the Valero has a 100% KO record. Is that accurate?

Yes all of Valero's wins have come inside the distance.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 16 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Don't put too much emphasis on that. Valero is a hype job.

I agree i think Soto will be the one to expose him.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 16 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Don't put too much emphasis on that. Valero is a hype job.

Figured that much. Padded record like most Latin American fighters. Just haven't seen 100% KO record...ever I don't think.
imhere
That fight was canceled because Valero could not get a visa to fight in US soil. Tsktsktsk....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.