Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: marquez vs. mayweather weigh in....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
this is one of the best weigh ins ive ever seen... funny shit.... and chris john looks to be in much better shape than last time... he seems to have ripped a lil more....
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 18 2009, 06:02 PM) *
this is one of the best weigh ins ive ever seen... funny shit.... and chris john looks to be in much better shape than last time... he seems to have ripped a lil more....

Got a link to it?
Mean Mister Mustard
I thought George Lopez was supposed to be there.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 18 2009, 05:04 PM) *
Got a link to it?

im watching it on dish network channel 455...
JLUVBABY
just thinking tho check the boxing boards on justin.tv.... someone might be showing it there...
Mean Mister Mustard
Try HBO.com
D-MARV
try ESPN
D-MARV
146 ????
D-MARV
Extra couple of millions in Juan's pocket?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 18 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Extra couple of millions in Juan's pocket?

You know what? They never specified whether there would be a catchweight. This is an old fashioned welterweight fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 18 2009, 05:17 PM) *
146 ????

yeah that suprised me too i thought there was a weight limit for this fight.... but then again jmm is a real fighter he dont worry bout that stuff... they both look in optimum shape... jmm looks like an assasin... mayweather looks cool calm and collective...
JLUVBABY
i have to say this again.... win lose or draw tomorrow nighti have the utmost respect for jmm.. he is a real fighter... hes not worried bout weight stipulations for a fight... if he is to win he wants to beat the best possible floyd unlike pac that would probably want to fight him at a sweated down weight... my respect for jmm is off the scale... he's a real fighter...
The CEO
I'm sure Juan Manuel is gettin' paid extra for Floyd being over...or I'd like to THINK he's gonna get paid extra...

Tomorrow night....

JMM - 146
Mayweather - 151
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 05:37 PM) *
I'm sure Juan Manuel is gettin' paid extra for Floyd being over...or I'd like to THINK he's gonna get paid extra...

Tomorrow night....

JMM - 146
Mayweather - 151

was there a contracted weight?.. cuz when floyd was on the scale he was lookin back at someone in his corner sayin sumthin... looked like he was surprised at the scale reading...
Romulus9

Couldn't get down to 144?

If not, how hard did he try?

Just asking...

Marquez looks great.
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 18 2009, 06:41 PM) *
was there a contracted weight?.. cuz when floyd was on the scale he was lookin back at someone in his corner sayin sumthin... looked like he was surprised at the scale reading...

I missed the weigh in...started watching when Marquez and DLH were being interviewed...

Who KNOWS what was in the contract?....all I know is I kept hearing 144 all the time...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 05:44 PM) *
I missed the weigh in...started watching when Marquez and DLH were being interviewed...

Who KNOWS what was in the contract?....all I know is I kept hearing 144 all the time...

very interesting... id like to think that jmm is just that hard and isnt worried bout the weight... i am still picking floyd but jaun looks damn good and im thinking he's gonna be tough for the first half the fight at least rather winning or losing...
The CEO
Marquez is so smart and experienced...he'll do some things...

until Mayweather decides to turn it on, that is..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 05:52 PM) *

i agree...
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 06:52 PM) *

That's just it, CEO. Two years is a long time. 32 is different from 29 or 30, especially when inactive. What if he goes to turn it on, and "it" isn't what it used to be. No way to know until you're in there. A lot of football teams look great in practice. I know plenty of people who can hit 22 foot jumpers all day long with no one guarding them. Everyone looks good in the batting cages.

It's a different story with a live guy in front of you.

Floyd may look GREAT tomorrow night. Then again... he may be the one who's in for a surprise.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Sep 18 2009, 06:02 PM) *
That's just it, CEO. Two years is a long time. 32 is different from 29 or 30, especially when inactive. What if he goes to turn it on, and "it" isn't what it used to be. No way to know until you're in there. A lot of football teams look great in practice. I know plenty of people who can hit 22 foot jumpers all day long with no one guarding them. Everyone looks good in the batting cages.

Floyd may look GREAT tomorrow night. Then again... he may be the one who's in for a surprise.

you make a damn good point as well rom.. thats what makes tomorow nights fight so intriguing.. i hope the chat is full tomorrow night...
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Sep 18 2009, 07:02 PM) *

I totally hear you on that...I predicted Floyd will appear to have lost "about half a step" (and STILL win impressively for the record)...that much of a layoff is no joke against someone as skilled, smart, and experienced as Marquez...

That's the main reason this isn't as much of a mismatch as Pacquiao-Hatton was....there was no rust involved in that bout, and a WAYYYY larger difference between those two in the traits I listed above...
JLUVBABY
plus its probably the best undercard in at least a few years...
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 07:12 PM) *
That's the main reason this isn't as much of a mismatch as Pacquiao-Hatton was....there was no rust involved in that bout, and a WAYYYY larger difference between those two in the traits I listed above...

Yeah, all that donut glaze that Ricky had running through his muscles turned the fast twitch muscle fiber into slow twitch like it was nothing. Thus...

The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Sep 18 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Yeah, all that donut glaze that Ricky had running through his muscles turned the fast twitch muscle fiber into slow twitch like it was nothing. Thus...

LOL...I know...Hatton was definitely as unprofessional as he was overrated.

Yep....when guys like him step up to fight TRUE, PRIME P4Pers without a pocket ref...you know what happens....they get FLATTENED.

Sweet dreams, Fatty.
kidbazooka1
I thought this was suppsoed to be a catchweight.

Big props to Marquez for not saying sh*t about Mayweather coming in at 146lb but at the end it might cost him big.
JLUVBABY
all that scar tissue on marquez is a concern too.. i hope a bad cut doesnt mess up a good fight... i kinda see him eating some serious jabs early and often...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 18 2009, 08:09 PM) *
all that scar tissue on marquez is a concern too.. i hope a bad cut doesnt mess up a good fight... i kinda see him eating some serious jabs early and often...

I was thinking the same thing no doubt Marquez is in tough tommorow night but i give him huge props for taking this fight and stepping up to the bigger man instead of trying to make the bigger man weak by forcing him to come in too light.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 18 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing no doubt Marquez is in tough tommorow night but i give him huge props for taking this fight and stepping up to the bigger man instead of trying to make the bigger man weak by forcing him to come in too light.

yep.. win lose or draw he has bigger balls than pac... he wants to beat the best not the best at its weakest...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 18 2009, 08:52 PM) *
yep.. win lose or draw he has bigger balls than pac... he wants to beat the best not the best at its weakest...

LOL
AussieLad
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2009, 11:37 PM) *

Tomorrow night....

JMM - 146
Mayweather - 151

You reckon marquez will go up 4 pounds overnight. I know its not much, but its not like he was cutting weight by starving or dehydrating himself for the weigh in. He had 2 pounds to spare, he couldve used that to put some fuel in his tank and come in at 144. I reckon he is 142 soakinng wet at the moment and might gain 1 or 2 pounds
The CEO
If I'm not mistaken, I believe he came in against Diaz around 146...
Fitz
I'm surprised people think Marquez looks great. He is soft in some areas of his mid section.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 18 2009, 09:13 PM) *
I'm surprised people think Marquez looks great. He is soft in some areas of his mid section.

Marquez looks a lot better at 142 than Trinidad looked at 170. That's for damn sure.
Fitz
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Sep 19 2009, 11:19 AM) *
Marquez looks a lot better at 142 than Trinidad looked at 170. That's for damn sure.

Why are you comparing him to Trinidad? Marquez just doesn't look all that great to me period. Just looking at him and him a lone and not comparing him to others. He looks soft in some areas of his mid section, he just didn't fill out well.
Romulus9
They both went up in weight, higher than almost everyone thinks they should have. Just saying that Marquez, while soft in some areas, looks like he's carrying it better than Trinidad did when he went up a couple of weight classes more than anyone expected they would, or could. That's all I'm saying.
Fitz
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Sep 19 2009, 11:29 AM) *
They both went up in weight, higher than almost everyone thinks they should have. Just saying that Marquez, while soft in some areas, looks like he's carrying it better than Trinidad did when he went up a couple of weight classes more than anyone expected they would, or could. That's all I'm saying.

Ok, I just don't really see the point in comparing them. Pacquiao went up higher than most people say he should have as well and filled out. But I think it does prove my point in what I was saying a week or so ago. This fight won't be competitive, latino fighters can't move up to multiple divisions successfully as other races, it's why the best they have produced is a 3 division champion.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 18 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Why are you comparing him to Trinidad? Marquez just doesn't look all that great to me period. Just looking at him and him a lone and not comparing him to others. He looks soft in some areas of his mid section, he just didn't fill out well.

I agree. He does not look like a welter. Not even close.
D-MARV
I have to agree with Fitz... Juan didn't fill out like I thought he would. He does appear a bit soft.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 18 2009, 08:52 PM) *

The only reason JMM didn't make more demands is simple. He doesn't have the leverage that Pac does. This a career high payday for JMM. Do you really think he'd move up to fight say a Cheaterito at 147? Nah it's all about the money and good on him he deserves it.

Still as I say his name isn't big enough that he could bring any bargaining power to the table, if he wanted the fight he had to take it on PBF's terms.

So Pac is a coward for trying to bring Cotto down a couple of pounds but for Floyd it's OK to make JMM fight at this ridiculous weight? Or say he and Manny sign a contract will it really be fair for Floyd to make Manny fight at 147?

Manny has taken on some pretty tough fights as well over the course of his career so I'm not sure how you can say JMM has the bigger set just cause he's fighting PBF.

I agree with Fitz from the weigh in pics JMM looks shit. I think this will be an easy nights work for Floyd. Why? Because he's fighting the best at their weakest weight. LOL
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
People are saying that Mayweather may lose a step with the two years off and getting a couple years over. I agree with these statements, but Marquez is also getting older. Marquez is 36 years old, and has had many more tough fights than Mayweather. I'm thinking these fights have taken something out of him, but who knows until they're in the ring. Marquez has definitely lost a step, but maybe so has Mayweather. I think we see an intriguing match up tomorrow night. I really see this as a competitve fight, and Marquez will do some good work in there. This is the same dude that has taken Pacquiao to the brink of defeat, stopped Casamayor, and KO'd Juan Diaz. These are some of the top lightweights, and those wins look great. However, he's moving up two weight divisions late in his career. I think this will hurt him in the later rounds, and Floyd will be stronger. Gotta go with Mayweather by close but clear decision. I'm more curious as to who's going to be the agressor. Both have shown their tendencies to lay back and look to counter. I wouldn't be shocked if Marquez is going to lay back, and not get that aggresive. He and his trainer know that Floyd is a great counterpuncher, so why would they try and make the fight. They'll try and get Mayweather to get out of his style. We'll see if it works, looking forward to tomorrow night for sure.
torvix2000
Gayweather's "being SMART" extends beyond boxing. He's super dooper smart. WTF!!! Contracted weight changed on the fly. LOL! He's P4P the SMARTEST guy in boxing and beyond.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 18 2009, 09:44 PM) *
The only reason JMM didn't make more demands is simple. He doesn't have the leverage that Pac does. This a career high payday for JMM. Do you really think he'd move up to fight say a Cheaterito at 147? Nah it's all about the money and good on him he deserves it.

Still as I say his name isn't big enough that he could bring any bargaining power to the table, if he wanted the fight he had to take it on PBF's terms.

So Pac is a coward for trying to bring Cotto down a couple of pounds but for Floyd it's OK to make JMM fight at this ridiculous weight? Or say he and Manny sign a contract will it really be fair for Floyd to make Manny fight at 147?

Manny has taken on some pretty tough fights as well over the course of his career so I'm not sure how you can say JMM has the bigger set just cause he's fighting PBF.

I agree with Fitz from the weigh in pics JMM looks shit. I think this will be an easy nights work for Floyd. Why? Because he's fighting the best at their weakest weight. LOL

i see it like this here ollie... if pac wants to play with the big boys he should fight them at their weight.. that kinda shit didnt go on back in he days, this catchweight crap... this is fairly new to the game.. the old fighters moved up and fought to see who was better and thats back when their was only 8 divisions... for the record i didnt call pac a coward but said jmm has more balls...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 19 2009, 04:04 AM) *
i see it like this here ollie... if pac wants to play with the big boys he should fight them at their weight..

LOL! Cotto and Mosley want to play with the small boys. That's why they are willing to go down.

But Floyd? Super LOL!!!
JLUVBABY
my thing is this.. if you want to make a certain fight, fight within a weight class... all this catchweight crap is stupid in my opinion.. thats why extra weight divisions where created back when...
JLUVBABY
i also view this fight for what it is.. a supposed tune up... i agree with everyone else that says floyd needs to be fighting the main guys at welter... if after this fight he fights another lighter guy or a non threatening welter then i will jump on the mayweather is ducking etc bandwagon but i think its a good fight for a first fight back with jmm... they are both in good shape unlike pac fighting a drained hoya fresh off the i.v...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 19 2009, 04:09 AM) *
my thing is this.. if you want to make a certain fight, fight within a weight class... all this catchweight crap is stupid in my opinion.. thats why extra weight divisions where created back when...

The weight classes were created by men. They are wrong. Welterweight should have been 138+ up to 145 pounds. Since weight classes were made wrong, Pacquiao and Cotto are forced to fight in a catchweight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 18 2009, 11:38 PM) *
The weight classes were created by men. They are wrong. Welterweight should have been 138+ up to 145 pounds. Since weight classes were made wrong, Pacquiao and Cotto are forced to fight in a catchweight.

gotcha... lol
torvix2000
Big Slim Sweet
JLuv why do you keep talking about Pacquaio for? What's he got to do with this? You say Juan's got bigger balls than him, so what? He's still going to get worked tomorrow night and stopped. I've got this one going about 7-9 rounds. I just hope they don't have the 24/7 crew at Juan Manuel's house in Mexico showing his wife and son crying afterwards on the jumbotron or anything. It's gonna be an ass-kicking no doubt about that.

I love how you're giving Floyd a pass for making Marquez come up this high but then blaming Pacquaio for the condition DLH was in when they fought, knowing DLH was the one and only who made the call to come down that far cause he thought Manny coming up would be easy work. You're going on and on about Juan's balls for going up two divisions to fight Mayweather but then crapping on Pacman cause he didn't go up three?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.