Full Version: Mayweather VS Mosley
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
xxxxxx
make the fukin fight.
torvix2000
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 20 2009, 07:02 AM) *
make the fukin fight.

Mosley has disrespected Mayweather. So no fight. You'll hear this excuse sooner or later.
AussieLad
Torvix is right.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 20 2009, 03:19 AM) *
Torvix is right.

Yup... Had it been Chris John up there, then the fight would be getting set for January...
leonthegee
hell wait at least till after the cotto v pacman fight. besides isnt shane fighting in jan?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 20 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Yup... Had it been Chris John up there, then the fight would be getting set for January...

Ha ha ha! That's funny. And here was I thinking he was waiting for Ivan Calderon!!

Mosley is waaaaay bigger than PBF, he looked like a beast in there standing next to Floyd. However will he be able to deal with Floyd's side to side movement (see running) to get him to engage? I seriously doubt it.

It's the fight I was most like to see though.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 20 2009, 03:29 AM) *

Don't you love the double-standards. JMM called Floyd out so that was his reason for coming back and fighting JMM. So Shane calls him out and he look what happens. I am curious to see what Floyd does next. My guess he will fight the winner of Pac-Cotto.

If they fight soon, I think Shane might have a little trouble figuring out Floyd in the early rounds. But eventually he will let his hands go and put it on Floyd. Either Floyd will cover up too much and lose a decision cause he wont let his hands go enough. Or Floyd will open up and get caught and he will get KTFO.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 06:02 AM) *
Don't you love the double-standards. JMM called Floyd out so that was his reason for coming back and fighting JMM. So Shane calls him out and he look what happens. I am curious to see what Floyd does next. My guess he will fight the winner of Pac-Cotto.

If they fight soon, I think Shane might have a little trouble figuring out Floyd in the early rounds. But eventually he will let his hands go and put it on Floyd. Either Floyd will cover up too much and lose a decision cause he wont let his hands go enough. Or Floyd will open up and get caught and he will get KTFO.

Thats kind of the way I see the way I see the fight playing out. Floyd would be very tentative with Mosley to the point of being too defensive. I can see Shane winning a comfortable decision...
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 05:02 AM) *

first yall actin like floyd duckin mosley not the case floyd tryed to fight this guy on twice already but people seem to think shane has a chance to out box him he dont. lets remember shane has been out boxed 5 times in his career, forrest twice, wright twice and cotto what did all of these losses have in common shane mosley cant get past a good jab yes its finally been said. anyway i love the way shane fights as much as the next guy but no one i mean no one has a boxing mind like floyd. speed is good punching power is good but knowledge is everything in the world of boxing.....
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 20 2009, 07:23 AM) *
first yall actin like floyd duckin mosley not the case floyd tryed to fight this guy on twice already but people seem to think shane has a chance to out box him he dont. lets remember shane has been out boxed 5 times in his career, forrest twice, wright twice and cotto what did all of these losses have in common shane mosley cant get past a good jab yes its finally been said. anyway i love the way shane fights as much as the next guy but no one i mean no one has a boxing mind like floyd. speed is good punching power is good but knowledge is everything in the world of boxing.....

2 of those guys you mentioned were bigger men. Cotto was a close fight. Cotto brings more power to the table tan Mayweather would. In Mayweather, Mosley will find a very defensive guy with NO POWER at WW. Shane beats Mayweather like a BIG brother beating his little brother. It would be that kind of dominant. Shane is also a much bigger guy than Mayweather. It was very evident today in the post fight interview.
Byrd Man
Floyd will wait til Mosely gets another couple years older before he'll fight him.
Keith
Mosley has him by a solid 2 inches. He is physically bigger and would present Floyd with punching power he has never seen. I have never seen another welter react easily to Shanes power. Even in his loses to Forrest and Cotto, when Mosley landed you could see that "I really dont want to get hit with that again" look in their eyes. Floyd is a great boxer, but when Shane is stalking him it may look more like running and not moving. If Shane can cut that ring off...
KookedKrack
Co-sign .......i remember a time pre-shane when margarito was called "iron-chinned"
ezdoseit
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 20 2009, 06:34 AM) *
2 of those guys you mentioned were bigger men. Cotto was a close fight. Cotto brings more power to the table tan Mayweather would. In Mayweather, Mosley will find a very defensive guy with NO POWER at WW. Shane beats Mayweather like a BIG brother beating his little brother. It would be that kind of dominant. Shane is also a much bigger guy than Mayweather. It was very evident today in the post fight interview.

he fought wright at jr middle but wright cant punch right, and mosley fought forrest at ww plus shane loads up way to much and wont land any of those punches. floyd by ud at the end of the day they will fight floyd will win and there will more excuses it will never stop some u appreciate after they stop fighting
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 20 2009, 09:35 AM) *
he fought wright at jr middle but wright cant punch right, and mosley fought forrest at ww plus shane loads up way to much and wont land any of those punches. floyd by ud at the end of the day they will fight floyd will win and there will more excuses it will never stop some u appreciate after they stop fighting

Wright roughed up JT pretty good. Wright is not a great puncher, but he was very solid southpaw at the time. Shit...I just want to see the damn fight now. You will hear no excuses from me if Floyd beats Shane fair and square. He will get props from me if he does it, I just want him to finally be in there with the best opponents.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 09:51 AM) *
Wright roughed up JT pretty good. Wright is not a great puncher, but he was very solid southpaw at the time. Shit...I just want to see the damn fight now. You will hear no excuses from me if Floyd beats Shane fair and square. He will get props from me if he does it, I just want him to finally be in there with the best opponents.

im gonna hold u to that too
Keith
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 10:51 AM) *

I would also give unconditonal respect to Floyd if he beat Shane. I wont argue whether Shane is a better fighter then his first run at welter but I believe with certainty that he is a better fighter then the one that lost to Winky twice and beat Vargas twice. He is still elite material.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 20 2009, 11:24 AM) *
im gonna hold u to that too

Absolutely. Dude, back when Floyd was at 130, I was a big fan of his. He was freakin amazing and fought anybody, he was a beast in there. Again, he beats Shane fair and square, no bitching from me. I just want the 2 best to fight one another.
Vodoo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 20 2009, 09:17 AM) *
Co-sign .......i remember a time pre-shane when margarito was called "iron-chinned"
I remember that and I actually used to ask when did Margarito prove he had an iron chin. It was during the same argument I was trying to have people prove to me that Cintron has great punching power. 2 myths that have no real proof to back them up.
hardhead
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:10 AM) *
Mosley has disrespected Mayweather. So no fight. You'll hear this excuse sooner or later.

I was telling my friend since Floyd used this excuse for Mosley a few months back when Mosley was going on TV saying Floyd was scared this and that Mosley should've bitch slapped Floyd right there on the spot, what would've been his excuse to not fight Mosley then?? "oh Mosley bitch slapped me so now I'm never fighting him" that would be a legit excuse if you were a pussy but since Floyd is a wanna be 50 cent/street motherfucker he'd have way too much pressure to make that fight to redeem himself.....lol

Basically with a guy like Floyd you need to bully the fuck out his ass and humiliate him into a fight,his ego and pride wouldn't be able to take it and he'd have to fight you eventually..
caneman
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 20 2009, 07:54 AM) *
Floyd will wait til Mosely gets another couple years older before he'll fight him.

That was the 1st thing I thought! Who knows, maybe PBF might actually try to prove he is all that & fight Mosley!!! I sure hope so!

QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:15 PM) *
I remember that and I actually used to ask when did Margarito prove he had an iron chin. It was during the same argument I was trying to have people prove to me that Cintron has great punching power. 2 myths that have no real proof to back them up.

I used to say that about Roy jones Jr when they said he had a A= chin...I was like how do you know when he never really got hit on it! No matter in this case with Margacheato cause it was the body work that Mosley put in that caused his chin to fail IMO!
Keith
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:15 PM) *

I think he proved he had a really good chin against PWill and Cotto. Neither one of those guys hits like a girl and they both landed throughout those fights.
Vodoo
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 20 2009, 12:24 PM) *
I used to say that about Roy jones Jr when they said he had a A= chin...I was like how do you know when he never really got hit on it! No matter in this case with Margacheato cause it was the body work that Mosley put in that caused his chin to fail IMO!
I always thought Roy had a good chin too because I saw him take good shots from Montiel Griffin who although not known as a big puncher hit him pretty hard at times. Still it was the really good shot I saw him take from Ruiz that had me thinking his chin was strong. I was pretty shocked when he was KO'd by Tarver but even then it was a shot Roy never saw and those are the ones that really get you.

QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 20 2009, 12:30 PM) *
I think he proved he had a really good chin against PWill and Cotto. Neither one of those guys hits like a girl and they both landed throughout those fights.
The thing nobody seems to realize in the PWill fight is that PWill put on a boxing clinic. Like Cotto he never really sat down on his punches in that fight. I think Paul came in there wary of Margarito's power because he was clearly using his reach advantage and clinching Margarito on the inside so he wasn't in there trying to slug with him. I did think Cotto caught Marg with good shots though. Anyway when I asked that question back in the day it was before the Cotto fight which made me look retarded. Then Mosley comes along KO's Margarito and I don't know what to think LOL.
PR316
Would be a very good fight and I think it should be made. PBF will make Shane wait though.

At this point, I think Mayweather decisions Mosley competive, but clear. Lets not be fooled by the Margarito fight. Styles make fights.
The Ring Dictator
Well, if Cotto wins a UD against Mosley, why wouldn't a far more accomplished fighter like Mayweather do it? Yes, I'm well aware we're talking about two different fighters with diverse styles. Still, the outcome here is very predictable IMO. I don't care what nobody says. We're gonna see a competitive fight but in the end Mayweather wins a comfortable decision. Truth of the matter is... None of the present top welterweights poses a real threat to Mayweather. The only fighter out there that would ask some really interesting questions to Mayweather is Paul Williams. A fight that will never happen.
darroy
the post fight interview was the 1st time i've seen mosley and gayness together and i was shocked at how much bigger shane is. size doesn't mean shane would win but it would be a great matchup. honestly though i think floyd would stink it out against shane and just pot shot him like he did baldomir. before the fight you would hear floyd talk like he's a monster or a gangster as usual then go out there and fight like a richard simmons which is why some fans are sick of his act. if you're gonna talk big be willing to back it up and fight the way you talk. btw i agree with some of the other posts. it is funny how when marquez calls gayboy out he responds but when a tougher foe calls him out he seeks excuses to not fight those oppnents. the funny thing is what did shane say that was so disrespectful? shane said the fans want this fight let's get it on, the fans cheered and floyd acted like shane just dropped kicked his momma! his excuse to not fight shane will probably be because he wants to put an end black on black violence!
neophyte7
The huge size disparity that people saw was more camera closeup positioning on Shane and that fact that shane is probably walking around at close to 165 pounds not being in training, He looked like a middleweight. Mosley is about 5"9 and Mayweather 5"8 Mayweather a 72 inch reach and Shane a 74 inch reach... I think this is the best fight for Mayweather in terms of action, however Mosely will lose because he will be just a step behind in terms of speed... He won't be looking at Margarito when he faces Floyd
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 12:43 PM) *
I always thought Roy had a good chin too because I saw him take good shots from Montiel Griffin who although not known as a big puncher hit him pretty hard at times. Still it was the really good shot I saw him take from Ruiz that had me thinking his chin was strong. I was pretty shocked when he was KO'd by Tarver but even then it was a shot Roy never saw and those are the ones that really get you.

The thing nobody seems to realize in the PWill fight is that PWill put on a boxing clinic. Like Cotto he never really sat down on his punches in that fight. I think Paul came in there wary of Margarito's power because he was clearly using his reach advantage and clinching Margarito on the inside so he wasn't in there trying to slug with him. I did think Cotto caught Marg with good shots though. Anyway when I asked that question back in the day it was before the Cotto fight which made me look retarded. Then Mosley comes along KO's Margarito and I don't know what to think LOL.

I dont think theres any question that Margarito has a solid chin. It has been his MO to take his opponents best shots and clean up at the end. In the Mosley fight, it was the body that started it. Then several rounds of Shane loading up the HUGE right that eventually got him. It showed that Margarito is still just a man. Cotto hit Margarito with everything in the book. Look at Tony's face at the end of that fight. Clottey caught Margarito with a wicked counter early in their fight that stopped Margarito in his tracks. Daniel Santos came in at 180ish and was tagging margarito's head all night in their 2nd fight. No question dude has a tough set of whiskers, but being caught flush with so many hard shots eventually catches up to you, like it did in the Mosley fight...
The Original MrFactor
I see people comparing Cotto/Mosley to what Mosley/Mayweather would look like. If Mosley couldnt beat Cotto, then he cant beat a faster better boxer in Mayweather... Bullshit he cant!! Mosley had to respect Cottos power. He wont have to respect Mayweathers power. Mosley can be as offensive as he wants and will outwork mayweather who'll be retreating all night. If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.
salvador
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

I think we know Floyd won't be standing his ground or anything close to it.

The bottom line is that Floyd is too fast for Mosley and Floyd will stay outside and do exactly enough to win each round.
xxxxxx
This fight has to happen next. No disrespect towards Pacman, but forget Pacman right now. Mayweather would dismantle Pacman and make him look like an amatuer anyway. Mosley is the fight that would cement Mayweather's legacy as the greatest p4p boxer of the last 25 years... if he won of course IMO.
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 12:27 AM) *
I see people comparing Cotto/Mosley to what Mosley/Mayweather would look like. If Mosley couldnt beat Cotto, then he cant beat a faster better boxer in Mayweather... Bullshit he cant!! Mosley had to respect Cottos power. He wont have to respect Mayweathers power. Mosley can be as offensive as he wants and will outwork mayweather who'll be retreating all night. If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

Good post. I think Gayweathers only choice against Mosley is to play it as safe as possible. They are probably pretty even on handspeed with Shane getting a big edge in power. I think Floyd has his moments but gets punished overall and loses by U.D.

King Eugene
Mosley best come in with a clear head and not anger on his heart. He'll start out swinging for the fences trying to get the KO but once he starts eating a whole lot of leather from all of those counters mid way in the fight he'll get frustrated. Hopefully he'll realize that he needs to change is game plan. I'm sure Brother Naz will have him on point but I see Mayweather getting a close UD with no rematch.
Big Slim Sweet
Ain't gonna be no rematch, King.

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 21 2009, 01:54 PM) *
The bottom line is that Floyd is too fast for Mosley and Floyd will stay outside and do exactly enough to win each round.

I really don't think so Sal. That's what makes this fight so legit to me. Mosley might not be as fast as Floyd at this point in their careers but his speed is still very comparable. People here talking like Floyd can beat Shane the way he beat Baldomir are high IMO. Shane is still too fast and too skilled to get potshotted to death for 12 rounds. Floyd will HAVE to pick some spots to actually sit down and fight. And he WILL get banged around during those moments.

It's a great fight to me and a goddamned shame Floyd is too big of a pussy to ever make it happen.
salvador
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 22 2009, 12:38 PM) *
I really don't think so Sal. That's what makes this fight so legit to me. Mosley might not be as fast as Floyd at this point in their careers but his speed is still very comparable. People here talking like Floyd can beat Shane the way he beat Baldomir are high IMO. Shane is still too fast and too skilled to get potshotted to death for 12 rounds. Floyd will HAVE to pick some spots to actually sit down and fight. And he WILL get banged around during those moments.

It's a great fight to me and a goddamned shame Floyd is too big of a pussy to ever make it happen.

I think it's a legit fight (certainly more legit than a fight with Pac), but Floyd will be running all night like we've never seen him (which Floyd knows and Floyd knows the fans will hate him for it, which makes the matchup a bit unlikely) and he will be countering Mosley's aggression very effectively with short accurate shots. Mosley might land something big in a combination if he gets Floyd against the ropes, but it feels like the odds are against it.

With the exception of Williams, Mosley is definitely the next best thing for Floyd and I hope it happens.

singletrack
PBF will wait for the winner of Cotto/Pacman IMHO. I think he honestly believes that Mosley is back on the shit and it's an unfair advantage. He's mentioned it multiple times in the media. Shane, unjuiced/enhanced, is a tough opponent for PBF. I'm a broken record, but the Mosley that showed up against Margarita will give anyone problems at Welter. He was throwing at a high volume, with great power, great speed, endless stamina. He looked like a machine. I don't know if Mosley is cheating or not, but he has in the past, so it isn't that big of a stretch to think he is doing it now...in the twilight of his career.

PBF thinks either Cotto or Pac are easier than Shane, Shane will keep aging, so why fight him now? From a risk/reward perspective, not a fight the best to be the best perspective, he is right.

D-MARV
I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd fought Pacquiao then retired again.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 22 2009, 01:52 PM) *
PBF will wait for the winner of Cotto/Pacman IMHO. I think he honestly believes that Mosley is back on the shit and it's an unfair advantage. He's mentioned it multiple times in the media. Shane, unjuiced/enhanced, is a tough opponent for PBF. I'm a broken record, but the Mosley that showed up against Margarita will give anyone problems at Welter. He was throwing at a high volume, with great power, great speed, endless stamina. He looked like a machine. I don't know if Mosley is cheating or not, but he has in the past, so it isn't that big of a stretch to think he is doing it now...in the twilight of his career.

PBF thinks either Cotto or Pac are easier than Shane, Shane will keep aging, so why fight him now? From a risk/reward perspective, not a fight the best to be the best perspective, he is right.

The Mosley that beat margarito wasnt all that different physically. He went in with a great game plan and stuck to it. I think he and naz will gameplan Mayweather too. I think the way Mosley beats him is to keep him retreating and keep a jab on him all night. Mosley UD 12. it aint hard to make Mayweather retreat. Carlos Baldomir made him retreat all nite, and that guy had maybe 9 KOs to his name. Shane being the bigger guy can set the tempo with a jab. If Mayweather stands his ground, good for Mosley because then he will beat Mayweather up.

Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesnt fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesnt fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

The excuses have already started flying. Ellerbe said Mosley doesn't draw enough of a crowd. Floyd Sr said Shane acted like a punk and isn't worth his son's time. NO ONE ON TEAM MAYWEATHER WANTS THIS FIGHT and the reason for that is obvious. Even at 38, Shane is still a very, very difficult fight for Floyd. This fight will never happen. It will be PBF-Pacquaio if he beats Cotto, and if not, then he'll fight Chris John or Juan Diaz or someone like that. FLOYD DOESN'T WANT TO SEE SHANE AND NEVER HAS.
Keith
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 22 2009, 04:25 PM) *
The excuses have already started flying. Ellerbe said Mosley doesn't draw enough of a crowd. Floyd Sr said Shane acted like a punk and isn't worth his son's time. NO ONE ON TEAM MAYWEATHER WANTS THIS FIGHT and the reason for that is obvious. Even at 38, Shane is still a very, very difficult fight for Floyd. This fight will never happen. It will be PBF-Pacquaio if he beats Cotto, and if not, then he'll fight Chris John or Juan Diaz or someone like that. FLOYD DOESN'T WANT TO SEE SHANE AND NEVER HAS.

Agree 100%. Floyd is a great boxer but I just have a feeling that Shane mugs his ass from round 1 on. I wouldnt be surprised if it wound up looking like Cotto v Margarito. I am sure I will get plenty of replies on that one. Call me a hugger but Shane is bigger, stronger, a more powerful puncher, and has a chin capable of walking through Floyd's counters. People want to point out that Floyd has faster hands and feet then Shane, and thats certainly true... but its not as if Shane is a walking stiff. Outside of Floyd, nobody at 147 has Shane's hand speed, and he still moves pretty well.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 22 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Agree 100%. Floyd is a great boxer but I just have a feeling that Shane mugs is ass from round 1 on. I wouldnt be surprised if it wound up looking like Cotto v Margarito. I am sure I will get plenty of replies on that one.

I agree witcha...
ROLL DEEP
Maaaaan, I would LOVE to see Floyd and Mosley.

Shane is one of my favourite fighters and would sure give Floyd HELL in the fight. Aint no way Mayweather is stopping Shane and I can't see Floyd being comfortable slipping and sliding from Shane for 12 rounds.

Mosely will bring intelligent heat for Floyd. He wont just amble forward and let himself get pot-shotted like so many others have. Shane is quick, skilled and has a great power advantage.

Saying that, you cant deny Floyds pedigree.

I think this fight depends on how much Shane has left.
MarzB
Last thing I'm going to say regarding Floyd Mayeather (HERE) till his next fight is SIGNED.. I hope this fight happens, I've clamored and begged for it. Floyd even to his dissenters should be granted ONE tuneup fight and fine if thats Marquez. Right?? After a layoff or give him nothing but bread and water,lol??

Boy oh boy, Shane can't help it can he? Jin has his leash one minute and now 'Nard has it,lol. What they did was tacky and surely if anyone else NOT NAMED the guy from Grand Rapids they would have gotten more scorn but regardless. It was effective and I guess thats what matters right (sit ubu, err I mean "Shane", good dog).

I'll scream bloody murder with you all if Floyd fights anyone not named Mosley next (ok maybe I'll settle for Cotto) just like I did for Dela Hoya II. But here's what I really wanted to say. Floyd in an easy decision.

Shane poses a problem with his power but where Shane loses is how he can be hit, frustrated and most of all not fleet of foot. Now most would equate the later to run but there's a difference between running and movement. Floyd can punch and miss, know the counter, reposition himself and relaunch his attack. Mosley is a fast guy but he's a fast guy that has to be planted on his feet before he launches. This is most important, Mosley is a rhythm fighter. If you can break his rhythm, you have a very good chance of discouraging him mentally.

Thats another thing people don't give Mayweather credit for but be honest. How many times have you seen Mayweather visibly discouraged vs. Mosley?? Ok, I know the excuse for Mayweather, "he's fought nobody to do that to him or put himself in that situation blah, blah". I'll disagree and he indeed has been in some situations but he doesn't show it. This factors BIG in the fight.

Now that said since I'm SoOOOO "pro Mayweather", Mosley indeed can win and does pose a threat. I believe Bro Nasim should
have Shane feinting a lot more and working on his footwork to cut off the ring when Floyd moves. One thing that I absolutely LOVED that Shane did against Marg was that "up/down, down/up" jabs he threw. He can't throw that at the same pace he was doing it with Marg against Floyd (because he'll zoom in with a counter right), but he can increase the pace and mix it up with a variety of other jabs, mix'd with feints to set his right hand up.

Thats the ONLY way he's gonna land his left hook and I agree, Mosley has a vicious one but contrary to what Roger says, I definitely believe they study fighters tendencies and they KNOW thats coming and will be prepared for it. But not if they can occupy floyd with th mixes of jabs I described..

I still say Mosley gets discouraged mid fight and tries to come on late and May pulls out a 116-112 decision.

Hopefully now they'll (GBP) will do whatever to make the fight.
rusty_trombone
i think it's all about dollars. floyd will fight the winner of cotto vs pac or mosley, whoever ponies up the most loot.
singletrack
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 03:53 PM) *
The Mosley that beat margarito wasnt all that different physically. He went in with a great game plan and stuck to it. I think he and naz will gameplan Mayweather too. I think the way Mosley beats him is to keep him retreating and keep a jab on him all night. Mosley UD 12. it aint hard to make Mayweather retreat. Carlos Baldomir made him retreat all nite, and that guy had maybe 9 KOs to his name. Shane being the bigger guy can set the tempo with a jab. If Mayweather stands his ground, good for Mosley because then he will beat Mayweather up.

I agree, but I was still surprised by his output personally. I agree with everything else - be it Mosley or Cotto, they will need to cut off the ring and move forward behind a solid jab. They may be able to win without actually landing more punches if he does enough running. Look at the DLH fight. I didn't think that was scored particularly well, but DLH almost pulled it out simply by going forward the whole fight. Mosley and Cotto are much more effect body punchers and they both have good-great jabs.

Watch for excuses for the next several weeks. Every excuse in the book will be thrown for him NOT to fight Mosley. Once Cotto handles Pacquiao, Mayweather will have to choose the lesser of 2 evils. I dont think he wants to fight Cotto either. Retirement will be strongly discussed because he's done everything in the sport, he has no interest anymore, crying... he doesn't fight to see whose the best, more crying... Hope people see through this stuff now.

It's exciting on the one hand because I don't think the media will be lenient with him here. Assuming Cotto beats Pacman, Floyd will have to fight a serious threat and I would expect the media to harass him in every interview until a fight is made. Worst case scenario is Cotto loses, PBF beats Pacman easily and retires again. Best case is that Cotto obliterates Pacquaio and leaving Floyd with no options : )

The funny thing is that most fighters would kill for this opportunity. The legacy of many great fighters gets called into question because of their competition. Floyd has a chance to cement his legacy with 2 more fights. We'll see which option he takes ; )

singletrack
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 21 2009, 02:54 PM) *
I think we know Floyd won't be standing his ground or anything close to it.

Ehhhh - I think you are underestimating Mosley quite badly. If he has the right strategy, he isn't going to stand on the outside and try to out jab PBF. At least, he won't do it for long. PBF can be hit to the body and all it takes is a few of Mosley's shots to have a big impact - look at his fight with Cotto. He wailed on his body and it certainly had an effect. DLH was able to steal rounds off PBF while being countered in the face, but all the while coming forward; you really think Mosley won't be able to at least do THAT? Floyd will have to land at a significant disparity to win a fight against Mosley going backwards IMHO. Right or wrong, I don't think the judges will score the fight for him. Some of his counters are so quick that they can't see them, and many of them probably think punches he rolls actually land.
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 22 2009, 02:53 PM) *

Good post.
singletrack
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 22 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Shane poses a problem with his power but where Shane loses is how he can be hit, frustrated and most of all not fleet of foot. Now most would equate the later to run but there's a difference between running and movement. Floyd can punch and miss, know the counter, reposition himself and relaunch his attack. Mosley is a fast guy but he's a fast guy that has to be planted on his feet before he launches. This is most important, Mosley is a rhythm fighter. If you can break his rhythm, you have a very good chance of discouraging him mentally.

Yah, that's a really good point. I think I would be pretty sad if Floyd were able to just break Mosley's rythm, frustrate him, and move all night. It's certainly a strong possibility, but I just don't see it for 12 rounds. Cotto was able to do just that against Mosley for the first half of their fight, but Shane was able to work through it and come on stronger late in the fight. With Naz in his corner now, I would expect Mosley to be able to make adjustments more quickly.
salvador
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Ehhhh - I think you are underestimating Mosley quite badly. If he has the right strategy, he isn't going to stand on the outside and try to out jab PBF. At least, he won't do it for long. PBF can be hit to the body and all it takes is a few of Mosley's shots to have a big impact - look at his fight with Cotto. He wailed on his body and it certainly had an effect. DLH was able to steal rounds off PBF while being countered in the face, but all the while coming forward; you really think Mosley won't be able to at least do THAT? Floyd will have to land at a significant disparity to win a fight against Mosley going backwards IMHO. Right or wrong, I don't think the judges will score the fight for him. Some of his counters are so quick that they can't see them, and many of them probably think punches he rolls actually land.

I'm not underestimating Mosley, but he is 38 and Floyd is definitely the faster and more coordinated man. And as much as Shane's aggressive style worked against guys like Marg and Cotto, Floyd ain't going to be there to be hit to the body. Further, I'd argue that Shane's style is a good one for Floyd because Floyd can play his natural role of counterpuncher all night.

Obviously Shane will be throwing heavier punches (I seriously don't believe that Floyd will plant his feet all night unless he's got a totally wide open counter shot), but Floyd will be throwing quicker, more accurate punches. And given the speed difference, I just think that Floyd is the smart bet from every angle.

The CEO
I would pick Mayweather against Mosley....and Cotto, and Pacquiao, and Williams, and Martinez, and Cintron, et cetera, et cetera......

Not saying all of those guys don't have a good shot or anything....but I will basically pick Mayweather against everyone from 154 and down...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.