Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather VS Mosley
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 07:53 AM) *
I dont think Mosley adapts better than Floyd. He fought Forest and Vernon the same exact way both times with the same outcome. Doesn't seem like he adapted to them to me.

He also had his Dad in his corner too. I truly think people underestimate what Naz has done and is doing for Shane.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Truthfully, I don't even know if Mosley could beat Pacquiao today, let alone Mayweather.

If JMM was able to control Pac and stun him on a few occasions, Mosley would freaking KO Pac. Would not even be competative. Pac is no master boxer, plus he is short and not a real welterweight. Mosley would have zero problems with him.
PR316
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 27 2009, 10:44 PM) *
He also had his Dad in his corner too. I truly think people underestimate what Naz has done and is doing for Shane.

I'm not really sure if he improved Mosley, or simply got him back to what made him "Sugar Shane" in the first place.

Be that as it may, Mosley to me was never a defensive genius. The guy gets hit. Sure he looked like James Toney against Margarito but Phony was doing a David Tua impression.

I hope Shane doesn't fight Berto because that would feature alot of mauling and wrestling.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 27 2009, 07:32 PM) *
I'm not really sure if he improved Mosley, or simply got him back to what made him "Sugar Shane" in the first place.

Be that as it may, Mosley to me was never a defensive genius. The guy gets hit. Sure he looked like James Toney against Margarito but Phony was doing a David Tua impression.

I hope Shane doesn't fight Berto because that would feature alot of mauling and wrestling.

Can not argue with that.

I think Shane might have trouble early with Berto, cause of his style, plus Berto's fast as shit too. But Shane should adapt and Berto does not seem to have the best set of wiskers.

xxxxxx
well it looks like Mayweather is going to wait to see the outcome of Pacman-Cotto in November and look to fight the winner in March of 2010. But it's a good thing that he has Mosley to fall back on just in case Bob Arum makes it difficult for Floyd to take the fight with Pacman-Cotto winner. In the meantime Mosley should take on Berto for wbc strap. I still believe Mayweather-Mosley will happen in 2010. If Mayweather beats Pacman-Cotto winner in March and Mosley beats Berto in January the fight could happen next fall and possibly be bigger than it would be right now. I personally respect Pacman a lot, but would like to see Cotto win that fight and set up Mayweather- Cotto. We will see.
The Original MrFactor
From the interview he gave during the Klitschko/Arreola fight, it seems that Mayweather has no intention of fighting Mosley. He didnt blink and was very clear when he said, "I wish him the best in his career." I think its important to get these two back together during another fight, maybe Pacquiao vs Cotto an interview them. It was done for Jones/Toney and Toney/Rahman and several other Toney fights. I think it would be effective atr getting mayweather to budge on a Mosley fight. Its what the fans want. Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...
PR316
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 28 2009, 09:20 AM) *
From the interview he gave during the Klitschko/Arreola fight, it seems that Mayweather has no intention of fighting Mosley. He didnt blink and was very clear when he said, "I wish him the best in his career." I think its important to get these two back together during another fight, maybe Pacquiao vs Cotto an interview them. It was done for Jones/Toney and Toney/Rahman and several other Toney fights. I think it would be effective atr getting mayweather to budge on a Mosley fight. Its what the fans want. Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...

Either that or MONEY..

The real way to put Mayweather on the spot in this situation is for Golden Boy to make PBF an offer he can't refuse so they can put it out there for the fans to see that Floyd doesn't want the fight.

Mayweather got about 10 million for Marquez(Not including PPV and live gate), so I figure that if Mayweather beats the Pacquiao/Cotto winner, he'd get at least 12-15 on that, and if Mosley beats Berto, Shane has 2 belts and is established as without a doubt being the WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION....

Floyd cannot avoid him then. He'll have no choice but to fight him or he'll never be considered the true champion.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 28 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Either that or MONEY..

The real way to put Mayweather on the spot in this situation is for Golden Boy to make PBF an offer he can't refuse so they can put it out there for the fans to see that Floyd doesn't want the fight.

Mayweather got about 10 million for Marquez(Not including PPV and live gate), so I figure that if Mayweather beats the Pacquiao/Cotto winner, he'd get at least 12-15 on that, and if Mosley beats Berto, Shane has 2 belts and is established as without a doubt being the WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION....

Floyd cannot avoid him then. He'll have no choice but to fight him or he'll never be considered the true champion.

He most certainly can avoid Mosley at that point. He can retire again, which is what Shane predicts will happen. Mosley is trying to corner him now before he gets the Pac/Cotto winner. No guarantee that Mayweather fights Cotto either should he win. If Mayweather fights Cotto and wins, then alot of his critics should acknowledge that he beat a good WW. I know I would. If he retired after beating Cotto with no Mosley fight, who could blame him. He'll say Cotto already beat Mosley, so no need to fight him.
PR316
Well of course Shane predicts that will happen. Just like Leonard Ellerbe said that he believes "they'll eventually fight but I don't know when".

It certainly does appear that Mayweather would prefer to go elsewhere than fight Mosley, but when push comes to shove and a great offer is made and Mayweather still turns it down, his image will take a huge hit even amongst his most loyal fans.

I insist that he can't avoid him forever. He can make Shane wait, though. And I predict that he'll do just that.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 28 2009, 04:20 AM) *
Shane needs to confront this guy and badger him into a fight. many on here seem to think that this comes off as desperate. I dont see it that way. I dont think Shane needs the money. I think he's probably ok. He's never been a guy who bitched about money. I'd just love to see thse two guys in the same interview. I love to hear Mayweather stutter...

Shane IS coming off as desperate, but for the right reasons IMO. Like I've said in other posts I truly believe Shane doesn't want Floyd for the money. He wants to prove he's the better fighter. He knows time isn't on his side in trying to get that done.

For this fight to EVER get made, Shane's going to have to take something like 20% of the purse tops. If Shane agrees to 3-4 million while letting Floyd bank 15, he might have a shot at getting the fight.
MarzB
I have a crazy idea that won't happen but that would drive more sales to this fight. Schaefer says he wants to get boxing back on Network tv right??

Why not sign this fight for a June fight but have both fighters have an interim, tune up fights on national tv creating the build up for their fight on the same card?? This would do a couple of things, create interest from the casual fan, create more buzz and more momentum, provide both fighters some real ring work.

The having a "stay busy"/"tune up" fight is NOT an outer limits concept by any means. This was done for Hopkins vs. DLH and recently with Kessler and Ward. With football season in play, it be placed on FOX or CBS where they could have advertising during the NFL games. On a Saturday night I'm certain this would destroy everything in it's time slot.

HBO may initially balk at this but they have to realize that this would be good for the overall sport and themselves because they could use this as a vehicle for future lead in to their fights. Why not cross promote of sorts similarly to how STRIKE FORCE I believe did with SHO and CBS..
hardhead
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 3 2009, 03:25 PM) *
I have a crazy idea that won't happen but that would drive more sales to this fight. Schaefer says he wants to get boxing back on Network tv right??

Why not sign this fight for a June fight but have both fighters have an interim, tune up fights on national tv creating the build up for their fight on the same card?? This would do a couple of things, create interest from the casual fan, create more buzz and more momentum, provide both fighters some real ring work.

The having a "stay busy"/"tune up" fight is NOT an outer limits concept by any means. This was done for Hopkins vs. DLH and recently with Kessler and Ward. With football season in play, it be placed on FOX or CBS where they could have advertising during the NFL games. On a Saturday night I'm certain this would destroy everything in it's time slot.

HBO may initially balk at this but they have to realize that this would be good for the overall sport and themselves because they could use this as a vehicle for future lead in to their fights. Why not cross promote of sorts similarly to how STRIKE FORCE I believe did with SHO and CBS..

Crazy it is not!! Well when you factor in the direction boxing is now yes it is, but it seems like a no brainer to me, the disappointing thing is Boxing/promoters don't do enough in building big fights and fighters just like you mentioned...HBO has done well with the 24/7 series but they should go even further and partner up with the networks to build the bigger fight down the road, at the same time promoters need to do more to build interest for these fights, by putting the fighters on the same cards etc...
They could build Mosley/Mayweather into an even BIGGER fight than it already is(Mosley and Mayweather are both popular names and both Americans I think interest is already there) by building interest/hype through network TV, you have two top popular black american fighters(shit when was the last time you saw two top black fighters going at?) fighting each other, i think it would be major success in all areas...

The same could be done for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight which I think would be one of biggest in history..
Byrd Man
BREAKING NEWS! FLOYD MAYWEATHER HAS CALLED OUT JASON LITZAU!

That is all.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (hardhead @ Oct 3 2009, 02:41 PM) *
[/b]

Crazy it is not!! Well when you factor in the direction boxing is now yes it is, but it seems like a no brainer to me, the disappointing thing is Boxing/promoters don't do enough in building big fights and fighters just like you mentioned...HBO has done well with the 24/7 series but they should go even further and partner up with the networks to build the bigger fight down the road, at the same time promoters need to do more to build interest for these fights, by putting the fighters on the same cards etc...
They could build Mosley/Mayweather into an even BIGGER fight than it already is(Mosley and Mayweather are both popular names and both Americans I think interest is already there) by building interest/hype through network TV, you have two top popular black american fighters(shit when was the last time you saw two top black fighters going at?) fighting each other, i think it would be major success in all areas...

The same could be done for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight which I think would be one of biggest in history..

It is crazy because Shane will fight a Berto or somebody. Floyd will not get in the ring with a welterweight. Who would Floyd fight?? Clottey?? Too much of a chance for him to lose. Shane could lose too, but Shane would actually fight a Berto, if there was an agreement that Shane vs ?? fights Floyd vs ??
MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 3 2009, 04:12 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS! FLOYD MAYWEATHER HAS CALLED OUT JASON LITZAU!

That is all.

Keep your day job seriously. Comedy isn't your strong suit.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 3 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Keep your day job seriously. Comedy isn't your strong suit.

fuck.gif
TRELG
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 03:02 AM) *
Don't you love the double-standards. JMM called Floyd out so that was his reason for coming back and fighting JMM. So Shane calls him out and he look what happens. I am curious to see what Floyd does next. My guess he will fight the winner of Pac-Cotto.

If they fight soon, I think Shane might have a little trouble figuring out Floyd in the early rounds. But eventually he will let his hands go and put it on Floyd. Either Floyd will cover up too much and lose a decision cause he wont let his hands go enough. Or Floyd will open up and get caught and he will get KTFO.

in 99 Floyd wanted to fight Shane, he sed Hell Naw. 06 he tryed again and Shane sed his tooth hurt. so wats tht tellin yall.? now tht shane's ready to make big money off Floyd, Floyd gotta fight him.? get realistic man.i wouldnt give tht nigga a chance after i tryed twice(really 3 times). it dnt go like tht. Besides ZAB will definitly Beat Shane.
JD
Shane ducked Floyd so he could fight guys like Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright.
TRELG
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 20 2009, 12:02 AM) *
make the fukin fight.

oh
TRELG
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 5 2009, 10:25 AM) *

thts on Shane. his bad
KookedKrack
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 5 2009, 12:25 PM) *

smile_anim.gif

truth.com
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (TRELG @ Oct 5 2009, 01:14 PM) *
in 99 Floyd wanted to fight Shane, he sed Hell Naw. 06 he tryed again and Shane sed his tooth hurt. so wats tht tellin yall.? now tht shane's ready to make big money off Floyd, Floyd gotta fight him.? get realistic man.i wouldnt give tht nigga a chance after i tryed twice(really 3 times). it dnt go like tht. Besides ZAB will definitly Beat Shane.

laugh.gif

Same Judah that did the chicken dance from a right hand by Tsyzu?
Same Judah who got hammered and stopped by Cotto?
Same Judah who almost lost to the ancient Pineda?
Same Judah who got spanked by the feather-fisted Spinks in there first fight?
Same Judah who got embarrassed by Floyd?
Same Judah that got beat like a red headed step child by Clottey?
Same Judah who almost lost to no-namer in his last fight?
Same Judah who lost to the speed demon Baldomir?
Same Judah who already BACKED out of his signed fight with Mosley cause he is a total dumbass?

Get the fuck out of here with that non-sense!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.