Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather VS Mosley
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
D-MARV
Mayweather beats everyone from 154 on down not named Paul Williams. A Mosley victory is certainly Possible. Cotto would have NO chance. Pacquiao would give Mayweather fits until Mayweather figures him out and stops him late. Martinez presents a style issue in my opinion. He could give Floyd fits as well.
singletrack
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 23 2009, 01:52 PM) *
I'm not underestimating Mosley, but he is 38 and Floyd is definitely the faster and more coordinated man. And as much as Shane's aggressive style worked against guys like Marg and Cotto, Floyd ain't going to be there to be hit to the body. Further, I'd argue that Shane's style is a good one for Floyd because Floyd can play his natural role of counterpuncher all night.

Obviously Shane will be throwing heavier punches (I seriously don't believe that Floyd will plant his feet all night unless he's got a totally wide open counter shot), but Floyd will be throwing quicker, more accurate punches. And given the speed difference, I just think that Floyd is the smart bet from every angle.

Did he look 38 to you in the Margarita fight? I thought it was arguably his best performance ever.

As for not getting hit to the body, DLH was able to close in on the ropes but then went head hunting. This lead to roll after roll and counter after counter. Mosley and Cotto will go to the body. Even if Floyd blocks the shots with his elbows, they will still inflict significant damage. Mosley will represent the biggest, strongest, and fastest opponent Floyd has ever faced. To just say that Floyd is going to avoid everything and counterpunch seems shortsighted IMO. The only way that happens is if Floyd keeps the fight on the outside ALL NIGHT, and I just can't see how that's possible.

I would certainly make Floyd the favorite, but not by much.

singletrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 23 2009, 02:33 PM) *
Mayweather beats everyone from 154 on down not named Paul Williams. A Mosley victory is certainly Possible. Cotto would have NO chance. Pacquiao would give Mayweather fits until Mayweather figures him out and stops him late. Martinez presents a style issue in my opinion. He could give Floyd fits as well.

Now it's 154? Let's have him fight a legit 147 pounder first. Baby steps. ; )
salvador
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Did he look 38 to you in the Margarita fight? I thought it was arguably his best performance ever.

As for not getting hit to the body, DLH was able to close in on the ropes but then went head hunting. This lead to roll after roll and counter after counter. Mosley and Cotto will go to the body. Even if Floyd blocks the shots with his elbows, they will still inflict significant damage. Mosley will represent the biggest, strongest, and fastest opponent Floyd has ever faced. To just say that Floyd is going to avoid everything and counterpunch seems shortsighted IMO. The only way that happens is if Floyd keeps the fight on the outside ALL NIGHT, and I just can't see how that's possible.

I would certainly make Floyd the favorite, but not by much.

There's no doubt that the Marg fight was his high water mark, but Marg's style was so different than Floyd's it's almost an irrelevant comparison. Marg could be hit and Marg was slow. Mosley's greatest asset in that fight was his bravery, his game plan, and his willingness to get inside with the bigger stronger man and his ability to avoid getting hit.

Floyd is extremely difficult to hit, is fast as hell, and has the best footwork in the game. Where Marg was open after he'd swing for the fences, Floyd will let Shane come to him and will throw short accurate shots and get out of there asap without ever putting himself in harm's way. I can see Shane landing a fair amount to the body and a few head shots, I just see Floyd landing counters every time Shane comes in. Floyd won't dominate any round, but he won't lose many either.
Douchebag
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 03:06 PM) *

That's one HELL of a point.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2009, 05:22 PM) *
I agree, I pick Mayweather over all of them, I just don't like saying how fighters would win in theory. I want to see it actually happen. Probably the thing that bugs me most about Mayweather. Never doubted his skills, just want to see him fight some of the top guys.

Fight some of the top guys? How do you become a 6 time world champion by not fighting top guys?
Keith
I have seen a significant amount of posters argue that Shane wont be able to hit or catch FLoyd. We are talking about the same FLoyd that was harrassed by Castillo pretty well over 2 fights, the same Floyd that was hit quite regularly by Judah for the first 4-5 rounds, that same Floyd that was being outworked by DLH for 6 rounds, the same Floyd that had Hatton right in his grill for 5 rounds.........Right? The dude is awesome... but dont argue that he cant be hit or caught by Mosley. Mosley moves around the ring better then ALL of those guys, only Judah is in his league with hand speed, and he bangs harder then all of them. Thats an argument I just dont buy.

Ya, I know the end result of all those fights was Floyd having his hand raised in victory... but that could very well be different when the guy hitting him can hurt him real bad. Its not as if Mosley hasnt proved over a very long career that he typically gets stronger as a fight wears on. If Floyd starts off slow (judah, dlh, hatton) against Shane, it could very well snowball into a beating. If he runs away from Shane all night he wont win many points with the crowd or the judges.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 23 2009, 08:33 PM) *
I have seen a significant amount of posters argue that Shane wont be able to hit or catch FLoyd. We are talking about the same FLoyd that was harrassed by Castillo pretty well over 2 fights, the same Floyd that was hit quite regularly by Judah for the first 4-5 rounds, that same Floyd that was being outworked by DLH for 6 rounds, the same Floyd that had Hatton right in his grill for 5 rounds.........Right? The dude is awesome... but dont argue that he cant be hit or caught by Mosley. Mosley moves around the ring better then ALL of those guys, only Judah is in his league with hand speed, and he bangs harder then all of them. Thats an argument I just dont buy.

Ya, I know the end result of all those fights was Floyd having his hand raised in victory... but that could very well be different when the guy hitting him can hurt him real bad. Its not as if Mosley hasnt proved over a very long career that he typically gets stronger as a fight wears on. If Floyd starts off slow (judah, dlh, hatton) against Shane, it could very well snowball into a beating. If he runs away from Shane all night he wont win many points with the crowd or the judges.

You know, I'd pick Mayweather to beat Mosley based on how Cotto was able to counterpunch Mosley with clean shots. However, once I think about it it would not be easy for Mayweather. On the one hand, Cotto was able to land those clean shots and even had Mosley looking confused in the middle rounds. Yet Mosley kept banging the body, holding and hitting like a miniature John Ruiz, sapping his strenght just as he would do later against Margarito. Mayweathe is going to have to be moving and punching constantly in order to get Mosley off him.

Mosley's best punch against Mayweather would be that sledgehammer right to the body.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Lets see, at 140 we had Tszyu who was undisputed, Cotto was there, Harris was there (I'm talking at the time, so I am aware Harris turned out to be a dud, but was still one of the top guys at the time). He fought Brusseles and Gatti.
At 147 the top welter weights of the division and some top tier fighters though not on the elite level have been Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Williams, Collazo and Clottey. All these guys have found time to fight each other at least once or even twice. Mayweather has not fought one of them. The only real welter he fought was Baldomir, and he was more one of those champions who were at the right place at the right time, that's still not a knock on Floyd as anyone would take that fight. But come on, how long has he been at welter for? He hasn't fought one of those guys. That's how he hasn't been fighting the top guys.
Unless you consider Judah, Mitchell, Marquez and Hatton all top guys at welter weight. If you do, well I don't know what to say to you without being insulting.

You didn't say welterweight in your previous post. All you said was that you wished Mayweather would fight top guys. Mayweather has fought well over 15 top guys in his career.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 24 2009, 02:29 AM) *
You know, I'd pick Mayweather to beat Mosley based on how Cotto was able to counterpunch Mosley with clean shots. However, once I think about it it would not be easy for Mayweather. On the one hand, Cotto was able to land those clean shots and even had Mosley looking confused in the middle rounds. Yet Mosley kept banging the body, holding and hitting like a miniature John Ruiz, sapping his strenght just as he would do later against Margarito. Mayweathe is going to have to be moving and punching constantly in order to get Mosley off him.

Mosley's best punch against Mayweather would be that sledgehammer right to the body.

How much of mosely looking confused from cotto's clean shots was down to the power cotto possesses. Sure floyd will land, but he wont have enough mean mustard on those punches to get shanes respect
JD
Floyd's magical run from 140 (2004) on:

140:
-DeMarcus Corley
-Henry Bruseles
-Arturo Gatti

147:
-Sharmba Mitchell (140 pounder)
-Zab Judah
-Carlos Baldomir

154:
-Oscar Dela Hoya

147:
-Ricky Hatton (140 pounder)
-Juan Manuel Marquez (135 pounder)
streetlion1
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 24 2009, 07:46 AM) *

140:
-DeMarcus Corley
-Henry Bruseles
-Arturo Gatti

147:
-Zab Judah
-Carlos Baldomir

154:
-Oscar Dela Hoya

147:

laugh.gif yep...thats where the yellow streak on his back appeared..at 140.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Mosley will represent the biggest, strongest, and fastest opponent Floyd has ever faced. To just say that Floyd is going to avoid everything and counterpunch seems shortsighted IMO.

Great point.

QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Excellent point.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Unless you consider Judah, Mitchell, Marquez and Hatton all top guys at welter weight. If you do, well I don't know what to say to you without being insulting.

Haha. Fantastic point.

QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 23 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Its not as if Mosley hasnt proved over a very long career that he typically gets stronger as a fight wears on. If Floyd starts off slow (judah, dlh, hatton) against Shane, it could very well snowball into a beating. If he runs away from Shane all night he wont win many points with the crowd or the judges.

Spectacular point.
Big Slim Sweet

140:
-DeMarcus Corley
-Henry Bruseles
-Arturo Gatti

147:
-Zab Judah
-Carlos Baldomir

154:
-Oscar Dela Hoya

147:

*whistles*

That's a murderer's row right there.

I used to love Floyd before he came to 140. The guys who accuse people of "hating" him probably don't realize the majority of his critics today did then too.
salvador
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 24 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I used to love Floyd before he came to 140.

I remember watching the Corrales fight in awe and thinking that Floyd had to be the very greatest of all time. And everything he's done since then has been a total disappointment.
PR316
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 06:27 AM) *
I see people comparing Cotto/Mosley to what Mosley/Mayweather would look like. If Mosley couldnt beat Cotto, then he cant beat a faster better boxer in Mayweather... Bullshit he cant!! Mosley had to respect Cottos power. He wont have to respect Mayweathers power. Mosley can be as offensive as he wants and will outwork mayweather who'll be retreating all night. If mayweather eventuall stands his ground, which is uncharacteristic of him, he will get blasted out.

I won't deny Mosley has a chance, but there are some things your overlooking here.

Mosley for all his hand speed and athleticism, is a bit slow of foot. He needs to have his feet PLANTED in order to punch, whereas PBF can punch on the move, going backwards even. Mosley is a guy who if you stand in front of and slug away against(Like De La Hoya did in their first fight), then he shines because thats the style of fighting he's been used to growing up in California sparring all those Mexican fighters. Now if you stick a jab in his face and show him some movement, then his rhythm is broken. Its what Cotto did. Wright and Forrest also made their jabs the key weapon against Mosley and he couldn't get into his groove as a result.

I don't think Mayweather KOs Mosley. But Shane would find himself very frustrated in trying to find him. I think Mayweather would fight similar to how he did against Oscar. Cautious approach, fast jabs, quick counters(potshots,basically), lots of movement, and tying up Mosley inside if he gets too close. Shane would attempt to make it rough in there and he'll probably have PBF bitching and moaning to the ref about those tactics. But in terms of clean punching, ring generalship, and defense, I think Mayweather takes the UD in a relativily tedious affair.
Keith
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 24 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Mosley for all his hand speed and athleticism, is a bit slow of foot.

I think Mayweather would fight similar to how he did against Oscar.

Shane would attempt to make it rough in there and he'll probably have PBF bitching and moaning to the ref about those tactics.

Is he slower then DLH?

The DLH fight was a close to a loss I have seen for PBF since Castillo. At the point when PBF fought DLH, it was pretty clear DLH was on the downside. Even when they were in their respective primes, Shane was better then DLH... and even more so now. I was far from impressed with PBFs performance against DLH. IF an old and weak DLH had some success ruffing up Floyd and playing the bigger man...... whats Shane going to do to him when thats HIS game?
xxxxxx

140:
-DeMarcus Corley
-Henry Bruseles
-Arturo Gatti

147:
-Zab Judah
-Carlos Baldomir

154:
-Oscar Dela Hoya

147:

There are 3 or 4 hall of famers there jd.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 24 2009, 06:21 PM) *
I don't think Mayweather KOs Mosley.

mayweather couldn't even knock out little juan marquez, there's no way he'll ever be able to ko mosley.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 24 2009, 11:12 PM) *
LMFAO. How anyone can defend that run is beyond me. Yeah RJJ beat a hall of famer recently as well when he beat Trinidad.

Im not defending that run. All i said was that there are 3 or 4 hall of famers on that list. It's just a fact. Also Mayweather's career isnt over yet. I still feel he will add to that list with some more hall of famers and some true welterweights also.
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 24 2009, 11:47 PM) *
There are 3 or 4 hall of famers there jd.

I see 2 (ODLH and JMM), one of which was fighting 3 weight classes above his best weight (as he jumped two classes from his max weight for the fight) while Floyd blew off the catch weight limit.

Gatti will be in the hall of fame, but that is based more on what he gave the fans as opposed to merit.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 24 2009, 11:46 PM) *
I see 2 (ODLH and JMM), one of which was fighting 3 weight classes above his best weight (as he jumped two classes from his max weight for the fight) while Floyd blew off the catch weight limit.

Gatti will be in the hall of fame, but that is based more on what he gave the fans as opposed to merit.

I agree on Gatti. He will get in based on what he gave the fans, but that is still considered a hall of famer. The fourth one that might get in is Hatton. I know, I know he got destroyed his last 2 fights, but his career aint over yet and he lost 2 the best. He also has Castillo and Kosta on his resume which could be hall of famers. They were past their prime, but who knows maybe Hatton will get in.
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 25 2009, 01:05 AM) *
I agree on Gatti. He will get in based on what he gave the fans, but that is still considered a hall of famer. The fourth one that might get in is Hatton. I know, I know he got destroyed his last 2 fights, but his career aint over yet and he lost 2 the best. He also has Castillo and Kosta on his resume which could be hall of famers. They were past their prime, but who knows maybe Hatton will get in.

Sure...if Gatti gets in the hall, he will be a hall of famer, but it's not like a win over someone getting there based how good they really were - like, say Shane Mosley.

If a fighter is truly great, and Floyd certainly has that type of skill and ability, they need to do more than the list above during their prime years.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:24 AM) *
Sure...if Gatti gets in the hall, he will be a hall of famer, but it's not like a win over someone getting there based how good they really were - like, say Shane Mosley.

If a fighter is truly great, and Floyd certainly has that type of skill and ability, they need to do more than the list above during their prime years.

Floyd is great. He was great before he fought at welterweight and I do believe him and Mosley will fight in 2010.
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 25 2009, 02:42 PM) *
Floyd is great. He was great before he fought at welterweight and I do believe him and Mosley will fight in 2010.

I think Floyd is a great fighter...I just think he let his prime years pass him by without building the kind of legacy his ability dictated he could have.
gbh32001
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 26 2009, 02:53 AM) *
I think Floyd is a great fighter...I just think he let his prime years pass him by without building the kind of legacy his ability dictated he could have.
Yes, Floyd is dominated the lower class but when his stock rise he choosed the easy way of getting the public money.
PR316
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 24 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Is he slower then DLH?

The DLH fight was a close to a loss I have seen for PBF since Castillo. At the point when PBF fought DLH, it was pretty clear DLH was on the downside. Even when they were in their respective primes, Shane was better then DLH... and even more so now. I was far from impressed with PBFs performance against DLH. IF an old and weak DLH had some success ruffing up Floyd and playing the bigger man...... whats Shane going to do to him when thats HIS game?

The styles are different. Oscar has a solid jab whenever he throws it and he some success with Floyd because of it, but not a whole lot. Not enough.

Shane doesn't have that. His jab is more of a flick than anything, and he squares up alot when he comes forward. And his rhythm is easily disrupted when he's shown a jab or movement.

Shane would try to rough him up and because he's stronger he'd have some success but it wouldn't be enough. He'd have a hard time landing cleanly on a CONSISTENT basis and Floyd would land accurate counters on him all night.
Keith
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 26 2009, 08:30 PM) *
The styles are different. Oscar has a solid jab whenever he throws it and he some success with Floyd because of it, but not a whole lot. Not enough.

Shane doesn't have that. His jab is more of a flick than anything, and he squares up alot when he comes forward. And his rhythm is easily disrupted when he's shown a jab or movement.

Shane would try to rough him up and because he's stronger he'd have some success but it wouldn't be enough. He'd have a hard time landing cleanly on a CONSISTENT basis and Floyd would land accurate counters on him all night.

You could say the same about Shane. He has a solid jab when he wants to use it. He used it against Margs and Collazo pretty well.
PR316
He definitely did make better use of his jab in the Margarito fight and maybe we have to credit Nazim Richardson for that.

I think Mosley has a chance against Floyd. Along with Pacquiao. Can't see Paul Williams doing it with that defense(Or lack thereof) and we already know enough about Margarito to even bring him up. Cotto has the strength but lacks the speed.

But Shane would have to apply smart pressure. Not like Hatton who was too gung ho.
Keith
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 26 2009, 09:29 PM) *
He definitely did make better use of his jab in the Margarito fight and maybe we have to credit Nazim Richardson for that.

But Shane would have to apply smart pressure. Not like Hatton who was too gung ho.

Agreed.
D-MARV
Paul Williams beats Floyd at this point. But that fight will NEVER happen.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 26 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Paul Williams beats Floyd at this point. But that fight will NEVER happen.

Ya except PWill is a middleweight.
The Original MrFactor
Mayweather stuttered again tonite in the live interview when they brought up Mosley's nameafter the taped rebroadcast. He also said in so many words that he wasnt going to fight Mosley. Gave the excuses that he tried to make a match with him in 1999. He brought up the old toothache excuse. Mayweather/Mosley will not happen. Not sure if he'd fight Cotto either. He is hoping, praying that Manny beats Cotto. I'm hoping for a Cotto victory. That way, the only fights he hsas left would be Mosely or Cotto. If he avoids either of them, ther goes his credibility and his legacy...
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *
Mayweather stuttered again tonite in the live interview when they brought up Mosley's nameafter the taped rebroadcast. He also said in so many words that he wasnt going to fight Mosley. Gave the excuses that he tried to make a match with him in 1999. He brought up the old toothache excuse. Mayweather/Mosley will not happen. Not sure if he'd fight Cotto either. He is hoping, praying that Manny beats Cotto. I'm hoping for a Cotto victory. That way, the only fights he hsas left would be Mosely or Cotto. If he avoids either of them, ther goes his credibility and his legacy...

Yep...same ol thing with Floyd...he is scared of the divisions best...plain and simple...when Cotto beats Pacman he'll probably fight Pacman anyway...retire....or try to make a Hatton rematch or some shit.

In plenty interviews he talked about money...money...money...who can make the most money for him....he even went so far as to say that he isnt fighting to prove who the best is....fast forward to tonight and it isnt about money now that the only guys he can make huge money with are Cotto, Mosley, and Pacman. I think he jumps at a fight with Pacman no matter what because he is the easiest and smallest of the three and its a big payday....you take Pacman outta the picture and I promise you you'll see another opponent besides Cotto or Mosley or another retirement press conference.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Yep...same ol thing with Floyd...he is scared of the divisions best...plain and simple...when Cotto beats Pacman he'll probably fight Pacman anyway...retire....or try to make a Hatton rematch or some shit.

In plenty interviews he talked about money...money...money...who can make the most money for him....he even went so far as to say that he isnt fighting to prove who the best is....fast forward to tonight and it isnt about money now that the only guys he can make huge money with are Cotto, Mosley, and Pacman. I think he jumps at a fight with Pacman no matter what because he is the easiest and smallest of the three and its a big payday....you take Pacman outta the picture and I promise you you'll see another opponent besides Cotto or Mosley or another retirement press conference.

Maybe now he'll take on Margarito when he comes back early next year...
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 26 2009, 11:25 PM) *
Maybe now he'll take on Margarito when he comes back early next year...

LOL...the funny thing is...I think he would chop up Margacheato...but he turned down 8mil before...so I dont think he'll fight him now. Watch if not Pacman he'll fight someone like Alfonso Gomez or that kid from Germany Aydin or whatever his name is.
King Eugene
Mosley will be strong and impressive early on but Mayweather will take the later rounds after Mosley tires and leaves himself open to be exposed. It'll be similar to the Judah fight but Mosley wont be close to being stopped but basically straight up out boxed.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Mosley will be strong and impressive early on but Mayweather will take the later rounds after Mosley tires and leaves himself open to be exposed. It'll be similar to the Judah fight but Mosley wont be close to being stopped but basically straight up out boxed.

If Mosley is strong and impressive early, there wont be a later on. If anything I think Mayweather will be safety first all the way through the fight. Mosley will have to pick his power shots carefully as to not be caught off balkance and get hit with something that snaps his head back, but doesnt really hurt all that much. That happens alot to Shane. Floyd wont be able to potshot Mosley, so at some point he's either going to have to stand his ground or lose a shutout...
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 12:39 AM) *
If Mosley is strong and impressive early, there wont be a later on. If anything I think Mayweather will be safety first all the way through the fight. Mosley will have to pick his power shots carefully as to not be caught off balkance and get hit with something that snaps his head back, but doesnt really hurt all that much. That happens alot to Shane. Floyd wont be able to potshot Mosley, so at some point he's either going to have to stand his ground or lose a shutout...

He'll pot shot the shit out of Mosley cause Mosley will get frustrated fight out of character once he realizes this guy is a lot harder to hit than expected. Lets please not forget the Mayorga fight. Every great Champion has one great fight left in him and I think Shane's was the Margarito fight IMO. Shane will come in fired up and start out fast but like I said he'll wear himself out by hitting air and get outboxed later in the fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 12:42 AM) *
He'll pot shot the shit out of Mosley cause Mosley will get frustrated fight out of character once he realizes this guy is a lot harder to hit than expected. Lets please not forget the Mayorga fight. Every great Champion has one great fight left in him and I think Shane's was the Margarito fight IMO. Shane will come in fired up and start out fast but like I said he'll wear himself out by hitting air and get outboxed later in the fight.

Mayweather wont be able to potshot Mosley. Mosley is bigger, longer reach and just as fast. Potshotting him aint gonna work because he can catch Floyd coming in with a jab, much like Oscar did for the 1st part of their fight. The differnce is that Oscar thought he could bull rush the smaller weaker Mayweather because he got too confident. that fell right into Mayweathers hands.

Mosley should and probably will start the same way as Oscar. He has to make Mayweather desperate. If Oscar had continued with his jab later in the fight, Mayweather may have started to sense that he was losing. If that happens against Mosley, what will Mayweather do?? Will he be content losing a unanimous decision?? Or will he change tacticas and actually try to press Mosley? We've never seen Floyd(recently) down on the scorecards late in a fight.
AussieLad
Floyd wont fight mosely, even at shanes advanced age. Never going to happen
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 27 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Floyd wont fight mosely, even at shanes advanced age. Never going to happen

Jesus fucking christ you brought up the AGE card!!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Mayweather wont be able to potshot Mosley. Mosley is bigger, longer reach and just as fast. Potshotting him aint gonna work because he can catch Floyd coming in with a jab, much like Oscar did for the 1st part of their fight. The differnce is that Oscar thought he could bull rush the smaller weaker Mayweather because he got too confident. that fell right into Mayweathers hands.

Mosley should and probably will start the same way as Oscar. He has to make Mayweather desperate. If Oscar had continued with his jab later in the fight, Mayweather may have started to sense that he was losing. If that happens against Mosley, what will Mayweather do?? Will he be content losing a unanimous decision?? Or will he change tacticas and actually try to press Mosley? We've never seen Floyd(recently) down on the scorecards late in a fight.

Cause he is great at adapting and adjusting. Whatever Shane does Floyd will have an answer for it. Everybody knows Shane is a boxer puncher/more puncher and eventually he'll start loading up on those shots and when he does he will get caught with quick pot shots and by the time he lets them go he would be hit and Mayweather would be gone already.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 01:37 AM) *
Cause he is great at adapting and adjusting. Whatever Shane does Floyd will have an answer for it. Everybody knows Shane is a boxer puncher/more puncher and eventually he'll start loading up on those shots and when he does he will get caught with quick pot shots and by the time he lets them go he would be hit and Mayweather would be gone already.

What if its going into the 11th round and Floyd is down on most cards(and by perception) 7 to 3?
AussieLad
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 05:24 AM) *
Jesus fucking christ you brought up the AGE card!!!

What can i say, i'm an age-ist mother fucker.

You might like getting gum jobs from grannies, but i like my girls tight and firm and with a full set of teeth...

Actually age is related to performance, and the majority of fighters in mosely's bracket start to experience decline. Unlike race, which has nothing to do with performance (unless of course that is your arguing it does...?)
AussieLad
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Are you saying mosely isnt adaptable?

It took floyd 5 rounds to adapt to judah, and even then you can make an argument that judah fell apart rather then floyd worked him out. 4-5 early early rounds in mosely's bank, a couple of adaptions in the later half of the fight... he could very well be in the lead come the championship rounds. Is floyd digging deep to knock mosely out. I sincerely doubt it
King Eugene
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 27 2009, 07:22 AM) *
Are you saying mosely isnt adaptable?

It took floyd 5 rounds to adapt to judah, and even then you can make an argument that judah fell apart rather then floyd worked him out. 4-5 early early rounds in mosely's bank, a couple of adaptions in the later half of the fight... he could very well be in the lead come the championship rounds. Is floyd digging deep to knock mosely out. I sincerely doubt it

I dont think Mosley adapts better than Floyd. He fought Forest and Vernon the same exact way both times with the same outcome. Doesn't seem like he adapted to them to me.
PR316
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 05:17 AM) *

Mosley was also bigger and longer than Cotto, plus faster. And Miguel was able to land counter right hands all night, plus use his footwork to get away from Shane whenever Mosley tried to retaliate.

For all of Mosley's athleticism, he gets hit very easily and he's not too adaptable once an opponent shows him jabs, movement, and angles. Mosley is very good when a fighter comes TO him... Hence why he looked good against De La Hoya the 1st time and against Margarito. But his approach is pretty one dimensional. He's not a guy that can switch up his game and turn counter puncher against a guy like Mayweather who will move in and out and side to side on him.

Truthfully, I don't even know if Mosley could beat Pacquiao today, let alone Mayweather.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Mosley was also bigger and longer than Cotto, plus faster. And Miguel was able to land counter right hands all night, plus use his footwork to get away from Shane whenever Mosley tried to retaliate.

For all of Mosley's athleticism, he gets hit very easily and he's not too adaptable once an opponent shows him jabs, movement, and angles. Mosley is very good when a fighter comes TO him... Hence why he looked good against De La Hoya the 1st time and against Margarito. But his approach is pretty one dimensional. He's not a guy that can switch up his game and turn counter puncher against a guy like Mayweather who will move in and out and side to side on him.

Truthfully, I don't even know if Mosley could beat Pacquiao today, let alone Mayweather.

Well Pacquiao come forward. But you do make good points about Mosley. He is very hittable and is prone to getting the melon snapped back.
kingknockout
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Well Pacquiao come forward. But you do make good points about Mosley. He is very hittable and is prone to getting the melon snapped back.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.