Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd's Cryptonite...Sugar Shane....orCotto!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
The fight is there to be made!....every person who is a boxing fan knows what has to happen.....Gayweather must fight Mosley!! Forget the easy chop up against a much smaller....less skilled opponent. Sugar Shane wants answers and so does the boxing public! Why does Floyd continue to fight low-risk opponents?!

The point was made clear when Shane walked up to Gayweather and called him out....forget the B.S. lets fight!.....

I know that the Gayweather lovers are happy right now......does it matter that Floyd still proved himself to be a lemon....tryin to compare himself to the greats! Cotto abuses him and Mosley chops him up!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 20 2009, 02:29 AM) *
The fight is there to be made!....every person who is a boxing fan knows what has to happen.....Gayweather must fight Mosley!! Forget the easy chop up against a much smaller....less skilled opponent. Sugar Shane wants answers and so does the boxing public! Why does Floyd continue to fight low-risk opponents?!

The point was made clear when Shane walked up to Gayweather and called him out....forget the B.S. lets fight!.....

I know that the Gayweather lovers are happy right now......does it matter that Floyd still proved himself to be a lemon....tryin to compare himself to the greats! Cotto abuses him and Mosley chops him up!

Sorry but Cotto is damaged goods and Shane is old. Floyd loses only to Floyd at this point. Fuck it, I said it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 20 2009, 03:32 AM) *
Sorry but Cotto is damaged goods and Shane is old. Floyd loses only to Floyd at this point. Fuck it, I said it.

Tell that to Margarito(Shane being old). Tell Pavlik how hold Hopkins is too. Tell Dawson how old Johnson is too.
Keith
I already knew it, but when Floyd and Shane were standing next to Max it looked pretty clear that Shane was the bigger guy. Floyd is a better boxer, but Mosley is a big strong welter. He has punching power that Floyd has never seen and enough hand speed to force FLoyd in to a fight. If it turns in to a fight, Shane wins. Floyd will outbox him through the fight but not in a manner that keeps him ahead on the cards... Shane will make FLoyd look likes he's running and not moving.
kingknockout
damn, a dude just won the fight, and bitch ass niggas are still hating?

where's the love?

can my dude get props or what?
Yucayeke
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 20 2009, 01:43 PM) *

where's the love?

Man Fuk Gayweather, he won against a Guy that had to step up two divisions to fight him. No doubt the brother has skills, but... He really needs to fight someone with a pulse. Manny, Cotto, Mosley, Williams, shit even Cintron.

Until he does so, he will always be ridiculed for not taking on a proper challenge.
Keith
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 20 2009, 08:43 AM) *

where's the love?

Congratulations Floyd!..... on a decision win against a 36 year old lightweight with no speed or punching power. Awesome!
KookedKrack
If there was someone to beat him i think mosley is the guy
JD
I will say that Mosley was clearly bigger than Floyd from where I was sitting.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 20 2009, 01:43 PM) *

where's the love?

No he can't get props. He did less than what he was expected to do against a aged shopworn featherweight. What props does he expect exactly? That we should all marvel at his skill & ability in beating a guy leagues out of his depth weight wise & weighing in well above the stipulated weight?
torvix2000
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 20 2009, 12:43 PM) *

where's the love?

Will you give Pacquiao props for killing someone who stepped up from two divisions down to fight him? Yes. Killing someone cause with that kind of advantage, Pacquiao may well kill the guy.
Vodoo
I think the best thing that can happen for Floyd is for Cotto to beat Pacquiao because I think Floyd beats Cotto by a wide margin. Cotto's slow hand speed would allow Floyd to slip and counter many of his punches just like he did against JMM. Cotto's slow foot speed would allow Floyd to spin out of traps fight at a comfortable pace and use the ring well also like he did against JMM. Speed makes things uncomfortable for Floyd as was shown by his early troubles against Judah. Both Pac and Shane have the hand and foot speed to make things uncomfortable for Floyd. He wouldn't be able to just sit back and fight when he wants like he did against JMM. Plus both guys have good power but Shane has the size and top notch durability to really be Floyd's biggest threat right now other than maybe Paul Williams.

So I say if Floyd wants to continue his farce of fighting the best all he needs to do is hope Cotto beats Pacquiao and then challenge Cotto. It'll give him a few more months of breathing room.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Sep 20 2009, 09:29 AM) *
I think the best thing that can happen for Floyd is for Cotto to beat Pacquiao because I think Floyd beats Cotto by a wide margin. Cotto's slow hand speed would allow Floyd to slip and counter many of his punches just like he did against JMM. Cotto's slow foot speed would allow Floyd to spin out of traps fight at a comfortable pace and use the ring well also like he did against JMM. Speed makes things uncomfortable for Floyd as was shown by his early troubles against Judah. Both Pac and Shane have the hand and foot speed to make things uncomfortable for Floyd. He wouldn't be able to just sit back and fight when he wants like he did against JMM. Plus both guys have good power but Shane has the size and top notch durability to really be Floyd's biggest threat right now other than maybe Paul Williams.

So I say if Floyd wants to continue his farce of fighting the best all he needs to do is hope Cotto beats Pacquiao and then challenge Cotto. It'll give him a few more months of breathing room.

i agree shane is the best figghter out there to challenge floyd. everybody says the blue print to beating floyd is to keep pressure on him but shanes not a pressure fighter. hes a skilled boxer/puncher. but shanes defense is very suspect. he never seen a right hand that he could slip. thats were he looses the fight.
thehype
Pffffft. Mayweather beats Pacquiao AND Mosley in the same night!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

laugh.gif
Vodoo
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 05:47 PM) *
i agree shane is the best figghter out there to challenge floyd. everybody says the blue print to beating floyd is to keep pressure on him but shanes not a pressure fighter. hes a skilled boxer/puncher. but shanes defense is very suspect. he never seen a right hand that he could slip. thats were he looses the fight.

This is true that Floyd is going to have a lot of success. The difference in this fight is will Floyd be able to stand up to Shane's successes. There is probably no fighter in the game today who is more durable than Shane so how is Floyd going to keep Shane off him when Floyd already has very little power? I can see Floyd starting out very well sticking the jab but slowly getting worn down and eventually stopped by Shane's pressure, body work, and strength. As for Shane not being a pressure fighter, it's true he isn't but there will be times where Floyd will be straight up running from Shane to get away and keep space. Therefore Shane will have to pressure in order to get Floyd to commit.
Boxingjunkie
No doubt Floyds skill is amazing. He was fighting a guy who was way to small. This was exactly the fighter Floyd wanted to make his return against. It didnt prove much for Floyd but it got him back in the game with an easy win.

Now its time to step it up and fight a real welter. I would like to see him fight Pacquiao but he needs to fight Mosley first. Mosley is a true welter and is at the top of the division. If Floyd can beat Mosley then there will be no excuses. He needs to fight Mosley first, then Pacquiao, then Paul Williams. By then hopefully Paul will be a little more recognizable for people to quit using that as an excuse for ducking him.

Just for the record. Floyd keeps saying he is a cash cow. Not even close. The opponents he picks are putting the butts in the seats. Listen to all the boo's. Gatti, Oscar, Hatton, Marquez sold all the tickets.
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 20 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Pffffft. Mayweather beats Pacquiao AND Mosley in the same night!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

laugh.gif

And will still have enough energy to perform a routine from dancing with the stars with some hot chic at the club.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.