Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, did Floyd took back the #1P4P?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
torvix2000
1. So, did Floyd took back the #1P4P?
KookedKrack
Definitely.
D-MARV
He definitely has his arguement. The size advantage was their but he won every minute of that fight and looked sharper than ever.
STEVENSKI
Absolutely not. I cannot see any argument for him being #1. The difference between the real #1 P4P & this imposter is that the true top dog is continually stepping up & fighting bigger "stronger" opponents. The imposter gets people to step up in weight, makes catchweight fights he has no intention of honouring & outboxing guys he should be knocking the fuck out of.
Douchebag
not in my book.
kingknockout
stevenski needs to just go somewhere and get a massage..

when you are A HATER...of something or someone, you won't accept anything they do
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 20 2009, 03:02 PM) *
stevenski needs to just go somewhere and get a massage..

when you are A HATER...of something or someone, you won't accept anything they do

STFU. I call it like I see it & FLoyd DELIBERATELY not making teh contracted weight along with him FAILING to knock out a man whose best weight is 20 lbs below this is nothing short of a joke.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 20 2009, 06:50 AM) *
Absolutely not. I cannot see any argument for him being #1. The difference between the real #1 P4P & this imposter is that the true top dog is continually stepping up & fighting bigger "stronger" opponents. The imposter gets people to step up in weight, makes catchweight fights he has no intention of honouring & outboxing guys he should be knocking the fuck out of.

of course u would say that. right on que with ur bullshit. well i dont recall ever seeing pacquiao knocking out marquez after 24 rounds. did u? no need to answer we all the answer. stevenski ur a pathetic loser sorry sad son of a bitch right now and i fucking love it. lolollolololol. why dont u just go out in the back yard and hang urself already. dont be mad because mayweather totally out classed the guy that beat ur husband pacquiao twice. p4p1 and theres nothing u or any of the haters can do about it. live with it or start watching mma. at least u crackas have a chance in mma.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 20 2009, 07:06 AM) *
STFU. I call it like I see it & FLoyd DELIBERATELY not making teh contracted weight along with him FAILING to knock out a man whose best weight is 20 lbs below this is nothing short of a joke.

weight wasnt the issue. the issue was 59% to 12%. ur a boxing guy i fugured u would at least admit that but u cant even admit the obvious. u probably hated jordan too. i can already see it u sitting in ur room pissed off looking at ur poster of larry bird saying this guy sucks. lolololol. loser
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 02:06 AM) *
1. So, did Floyd took back the #1P4P?

Floyd Mayweather Jr took the NO.1 contender status of Marquez!.... Not the No.1 P4P title of Pacquiao, that is what I understood about that fight...hahaha...,

I wish Mayweather should have shown to the world that he is as exciting-good fighter as Mosley or Cotto or even Pacquiao. No doubt his boxing skills are excellent but I think he need to step-up his offensive style in order to be voted as the NO.1 P4P,...I mean he need to beat Pacquiao to be considered the No1 P4P of course,...

but there's more to it than just merely beating Pacquiao...HE MUCH AVOID BEING TOO BORING BY MIXING IT UP WITH HIS OPPONENT!...This is ONE consideration Pacquiao is the NO1 P4P boxer in the world right now, the fans don't sleep when he fights!... well,..Mayweather did begin to step up his offensive come the 10th round up to the last round but the boxing fans deserve more....

Floyd Mayweather may somehow proved to the world that he is the best boxer compared to Marquez and much more excellent boxer than Pacquiao (this is my honest opinion)... he also showed us he is a very good defensive boxer,...
torvix2000
Well, Pac will totally obliterate anyone who stepped up in weight from two divisions down to fight him at 144. LOL! Without the added 2 more pounds advantage.
Box in Hand
I think Mayweather is now #2 and won't be #1 until he beats the #1 person. As far as weight goes, I thought May didn't make the weight to have an advantage over Marquez. But after watching the fight, he didn't even have to use size because he beat Marquez from the outside and made him look like Hopkins made Pavlik look.
JaRaNDa
Nope..more curiously where does this put Marquez now on the p4p list?
leonthegee
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:12 AM) *
Floyd Mayweather Jr took the NO.1 contender status of Marquez!.... Not the No.1 P4P title of Pacquiao, that is what I understood about that fight...hahaha...,

I wish Mayweather should have shown to the world that he is as exciting-good fighter as Mosley or Cotto or even Pacquiao. No doubt his boxing skills are excellent but I think he need to step-up his offensive style in order to be voted as the NO.1 P4P,...I mean he need to beat Pacquiao to be considered the No1 P4P of course,...

but there's more to it than just merely beating Pacquiao...HE MUCH AVOID BEING TOO BORING BY MIXING IT UP WITH HIS OPPONENT!...This is ONE consideration Pacquiao is the NO1 P4P boxer in the world right now, the fans don't sleep when he fights!... well,..Mayweather did begin to step up his offensive come the 10th round up to the last round but the boxing fans deserve more....

Floyd Mayweather may somehow proved to the world that he is the best boxer compared to Marquez and much more excellent boxer than Pacquiao (this is my honest opinion)... he also showed us he is a very good defensive boxer,...

pacquiao has no skills so he has no choice but to lay it on the line. hes nothing but a clutz with a left hook.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 03:07 PM) *
stevenski ur a pathetic loser sorry sad son of a bitch right now and i fucking love it. lolollolololol. why dont u just go out in the back yard and hang urself already...... at least u crackas have a chance in mma.

I won't bother with the suicide shit but your racist bigotry annoys me a great deal I must say. That & the fact that you don't seem to have a basic grasp of how to capitalise a sentence.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 03:10 PM) *
weight wasnt the issue. the issue was 59% to 12%. ur a boxing guy i fugured u would at least admit that but u cant even admit the obvious. u probably hated jordan too. i can already see it u sitting in ur room pissed off looking at ur poster of larry bird saying this guy sucks. lolololol. loser

I think that you will find when you take a old shopworn fighter whose best weight is between 126-130lbs & gethim to fight a guys who has filled out into a natural welterweight you will find weight is indeed a issue.

As for Jordan vs Bird I could give a fuck. Basketball is a game that I have no time for whatsoever. You are right though the amount of Air Jordans I have purchased over the years means I must really hate him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Sep 20 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Nope..more curiously where does this put Marquez now on the p4p list?

He does not ove far if at all. He fought a far bigger fighter & lost a decision. That actually eleveates him more than lowers him & mayweather shoul dbe lowered if anything for failing to knock out a clearly past their use by small man.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 02:19 PM) *
pacquiao has no skills so he has no choice but to lay it on the line. hes nothing but a clutz with a left hook.

Well, this no-skills Pac will totally obliterate anyone who stepped up in weight from two divisions down to fight him at 144. LOL! Without the added 2 more pounds advantage.
leonthegee
[quote name='STEVENSKI' date='Sep 20 2009, 07:20 AM' post='452559']
I won't bother with the suicide shit but your racist bigotry annoys me a great deal I must say. That & the fact that you don't seem to have a basic grasp of how to capitalise a sentence.

I think that you will find when you take a old shopworn fighter whose best weight is between 126-130lbs & gethim to fight a guys who has filled out into a natural welterweight you will find weight is indeed a issue.

As for Jordan vs Bird I could give a fuck. Basketball is a game that I have no time for whatsoever. You are right though the amount of Air Jordans I have purchased over the years means I must really hate him.
[/quote

so know marquez is old but oscar wasnt too old for pacquiao? why the double standard all of a sudden? i hope manny gets passed cotto because the world needs pacquiao fans to go away for good. i think mannys a good fighter, clearly number 3 behind floyd and shane, but hes a little out of his league going up against floyd.
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:24 AM) *
Well, this no-skills Pac will totally obliterate anyone who stepped up in weight from two divisions down to fight him at 144. LOL! Without the added 2 more pounds advantage.

what diffenerce is the weight when u cant land a punch? if u dont think floyd is the p4p1 then where do u have him?
torvix2000
The comparison is simple LeonTheGee: Pacquiao will totally obliterate someone if you give him that advantage.

You're refering to Floyd and Pacquiao fighting. They aren't yet.

Mayweather is still in limbo.
caneman
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 10:19 AM) *

No skills? Have you lost your mind? LMFAO! I think as great as he looked vs a guy that was so high in weight that he could not even punch, he needs to step it up vs guys his own size to get his P4P spot back but it would take much...I might hate the guy but he has MAD SKILLS! BTW, I see we have some new TROLLS around here! All that name calling shit needs to stop though! Funny thing is that the mods won't say shit about it but all y'all need to chill with that name calling & trolling!
Lil-lightsout
Sooo, this guy takes almost two years off and beats a lightweight and people want to proclaim P4P #1? Are you kidding me? Some of you guys are a complete joke who think so. Look, maybe if he would beat the best guy in his damn division, it would mean something. But look who he fought. So if Shane would have fought and destroyed JMM he would be P4P #1? No, I don't think so. I was under the impression you should HAVE TO EARN the P4P #1 status??? This is actually comical, the dude fights no one in years and he still gets this title by some. It's just silly to even argue about this. There are weight classes for a reason.

dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 03:33 AM) *
The comparison is simple LeonTheGee: Pacquiao will totally obliterate someone if you give him that advantage.

You're refering to Floyd and Pacquiao fighting. They aren't yet.

Mayweather is still in limbo.

This is the most amusing comment I read so far..."Mayweather is still in limbo"....hahahahaha....... Limbo is a Catholic church doctrine that was practiced by the Catholics for hundreds of years stating among other things that the souls of people will go to this place if they die without baptism...this was the very reason the Catholic church introduced child baptism & later on added infant baptism (sprinkling) as well...so that babies who die will not go to this place....hahaha....well, Mayweather is not in limbo, The Ring Magazines may not declare it but unofficially Mayweather is now the No1 CONTENDER for the No1 P4P boxer in the world...

by the way, that LIMBO doctrine was abolished by the POPE about 2 or 3 years ago, addressing the more than billion Catholics in the world that the Catholic church err in this regard...because this place actually do not exist!...so the POPE declares.....

Anyhow, I wish no one will say Mayweather is still in PURGATORY...hahaha...otherwise i will be explaining a very difficult Catholic church doctrine,... hahaha we must stick to boxing related issues...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 20 2009, 10:07 AM) *
This is the most amusing comment I read so far..."Mayweather is still in limbo"....hahahahaha....... Limbo is a Catholic church doctrine that was practiced by the Catholics for hundreds of years stating among other things that the souls of people will go to this place if they die without baptism...this was the very reason the Catholic church introduced child baptism & later on added infant baptism (sprinkling) as well...so that babies who die will not go to this place....hahaha....well, Mayweather is not in limbo, The Ring Magazines may not declare it but unofficially Mayweather is now the No1 CONTENDER for the No1 P4P boxer in the world...

by the way, that LIMBO doctrine was abolished by the POPE about 2 or 3 years ago, addressing the more than billion Catholics in the world that the Catholic church err in this regard...because this place actually do not exist!...so the POPE declares.....

Anyhow, I wish no one will say Mayweather is still in PURGATORY...hahaha...otherwise i will be explaining a very difficult Catholic church doctrine,... hahaha we must stick to boxing related issues...

That sir, is the most bizarre yet educational response ever. The Catholic Church? What the f$@$? This is boxing not the Father O'Connor chat.
torvix2000
LOL!

I thought limbo is in between two dimensions - reality and that opposite of reality.

Anyway, since Mayweather opted to fight Marquez, he's still in limbo.

As Lil-Lightsout said: No one will give props to a welter, be it Cotto, Mosley, etc. etc., for beating a guy who instantly stepped up from two divisions down.
Mean Mister Mustard
So Mayweather comes back after 2 years and beats an older, slower, smaller fighter and he becomes #1 P4P? Is that enough to surpass MOsley's destruction of Margarito or Hopkins schooling of Pavlik? Mayweather fans, I know you want to get under the skin of the "Haters" but coming up with crazy arguments does not make you look very good.

leonthegee, that Cracka comment towards Stevenski was uncalled for, try and keep things civilized.
streetlion1
IMO Hopkins, Mosley, and Pacman should be ahead of Gayweather on the P4P list.
The CEO
If Floyd would have stopped Marquez, he'd have a better case for being #1....

As of right now, I got him at #2....after Cotto whoops Pacquiao, I'll move Mayweather to #1, and Cotto to #2....
JD
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 10:07 AM) *
of course u would say that. right on que with ur bullshit. well i dont recall ever seeing pacquiao knocking out marquez after 24 rounds. did u? no need to answer we all the answer. stevenski ur a pathetic loser sorry sad son of a bitch right now and i fucking love it. lolollolololol. why dont u just go out in the back yard and hang urself already. dont be mad because mayweather totally out classed the guy that beat ur husband pacquiao twice. p4p1 and theres nothing u or any of the haters can do about it. live with it or start watching mma. at least u crackas have a chance in mma.

LOL...I think it is hilarious when you have dudes who get THIS upset over a post on a messageboard about a guy they root for. I mean, this is some sad shit.

On another note, lose the racist remarks.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 11:13 AM) *
As Lil-Lightsout said: No one will give props to a welter, be it Cotto, Mosley, etc. etc., for beating a guy who instantly stepped up from two divisions down.

Thank-you. I just wish some guys would put this win in perspective and be a little more rational. May would have been in there with Mosley, Cotto, Clottey, or even Berto and did that same shit, I would be like shit yeah he's P4P #1.
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 20 2009, 03:36 PM) *

As of right now, I got him at #2....after Cotto whoops Pacquiao, I'll move Mayweather to #1, and Cotto to #2....

C'mon, Mayweather's still in limbo. He's retired until he fights someone his own size or he moves up.
Keith
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 20 2009, 11:18 AM) *
IMO Hopkins, Mosley, and Pacman should be ahead of Gayweather on the P4P list.

In all fairness, Hopkins and Mosley havent exactly fought recently. The last time Hopkins fought he was fighting a guy moving up 2 weight classes as well... Mosley still doesnt have a fight scheduled. Imo, if you havent fought in 6 months then you should be moving down the p4p list... not sitting towards the top.
D-MARV
Thank you Keith!

If you have Pac at #1 over Floyd then that's fine. Making a case for Hopkins over Floyd is Laughable.
yuca
I don't see how this fight surpasses any of the top 5 p4p's fights in the last 2 years. On a side note, how long has it been that Marquez's face looked that good after a fight? He did get beat up for 12 rounds, I'm surprised how his face held up...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 20 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I don't see how this fight surpasses any of the top 5 p4p's fights in the last 2 years. On a side note, how long has it been that Marquez's face looked that good after a fight? He did get beat up for 12 rounds, I'm surprised how his face held up...

The point is "No one", I mean "No one" has ever beat JMM that easy. This wasn't a case of bigger vs smaller. The gap in talent is evident and JMM would never have been compatible with Floyd, not even 5 years ago. So to measure anything by someone's facial damage is void.
yuca
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 20 2009, 02:22 PM) *
The point is "No one", I mean "No one" has ever beat JMM that easy. This wasn't a case of bigger vs smaller. The gap in talent is evident and JMM would never have been compatible with Floyd, not even 5 years ago. So to measure anything by someone's facial damage is void.

This was a case of bigger vs smaller, but the bigger guy had all the advantages plus the talent gap is undeniable. I'm not taking anything away from his win. Actually I'm surprised at how good Marquez's face looked. That's the only thing I was measuring if anything at all.

The answer to the original question does not change by the look of JMM's face. I don't see how this win surpasses any of the top 5 p4p's wins in the last 2 years...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 20 2009, 01:32 PM) *
This was a case of bigger vs smaller, but the bigger guy had all the advantages plus the talent gap is undeniable. I'm not taking anything away from his win. Actually I'm surprised at how good Marquez's face looked. That's the only thing I was measuring if anything at all.

The answer to the original question does not change by the look of JMM's face. I don't see how this win surpasses any of the top 5 p4p's wins in the last 2 years...

OK, I put this one against Hopkins over Pavlik. The layoff, plus the knockdown plus JMM landed only 68 punches in the entire fight.
yuca
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 20 2009, 02:41 PM) *
OK, I put this one against Hopkins over Pavlik. The layoff, plus the knockdown plus JMM landed only 68 punches in the entire fight.

True...I can see the similarities, Hopkins totally outclassed Pavlik who was coming up in weight. Hopkins did have the speed advantage even though age was not in his favor.

The main difference I see is the age factor, I think that in itself makes Hopkins win better.

Hopkins fight prior to Pavlik's was a split decision loss against Calzaghe whom he floored in the first. Wright was coming up in weight too but and was dominated. I don't think a win over JMM is better than that.
Thegreatequalizer
people said it before the fight, and it was true, floyd is the bigger, faster guy. it doesn't matter if no one's beaten him like that before, it was predictable. put chad dawson in with a klitschko or something and he'll take a beating like no lt. heavy could give him. you can put floyd at the top of your p4p list, but then it loses any possible credibility. he didn't even make weight.
AussieLad
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 20 2009, 12:21 AM) *
If people start rating floyd as P4P no.1 after this disgrace i think i may just have to take a dump in a plastic bag and send it to them in the mail via express post

If everyone that thinks mayweather is back at p4p no.1 can leave their names and addresses, i will get munching on a combination of vindaloo curry, burrito's and 100% bran flakes, and forward you the steaming results in an overnight delivery

darroy
No he's not number 1 based off of 1 fight in basically 2 years. it's not fair to the other p4p fighters who have worked and fought over the course of time that mayweather was inactive to leap frog him ahead of the pack for winning a fight he was SUPPOSED to and EXPECTED to win. it discredits what fighters like pacquiao and mosley and bhop and others have done. it was a good win but some people are over reacting (brian kenny on espn for example).
gbh32001
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *

Even if he beheaded JMM in any round he's still at number 2 where JMM resided. And after Pacquiao whoop Cotto's ass, Floyd will duck Pacman by way of purse and weight disagreement. Floyd will not take the risk, he is the most cunning boxer I've ever seen who spit and shit out the boxing history.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 20 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Back to the original question, I have Mayweather at #2 and Marquez at #3, but I get the feeling that Marquez may slide down from here on out.

While I give JMM props for even fighting PBF @ that weight...I think he should go down on the P4P too! Not for losing to PBF but for losing to PBF & losing @ the time of the KO to Juan Diaz! IMO JMM has to come back up on the list & his better days are behind him! I dunno but too many guys on the P4P list are too inactive so for now I wanna see that all play out & see them fight but JMM goes down IMO! pROLLY TO #5 OR 6!

SUP AKAY? SOUND OFF PIMP!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 20 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Marquez stopped Diaz and Casamayor, they are extremely good results. I won't let him slide for losing to Mayweather, nothing more was expected. That's my opinion anyways and I can accept people will differ on their rankings.

Mayweather is still in limbo. I ain't gonna put him back to #2. His fight with Marquez is misleading or confusing. I once said that until Mayweather fights somebody his own size or bigger, then I'd consider him still in retirement.
D-MARV
I think you have to keep Pacquiao at #1 with Floyd right behind. I personally have Mosley at #3 now and I dropped Marquez to number 4 followed tightly by Cotto. I would love to see someone sweep the top 5.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 20 2009, 03:11 PM) *
I think you have to keep Pacquiao at #1 with Floyd right behind. I personally have Mosley at #3 now and I dropped Marquez to number 4 followed tightly by Cotto. I would love to see someone sweep the top 5.

With all the comments with regard to the original question..., i almost say,...maybe Mayweather is in LIMBO after all..?... hahahaha!....
Method
I mean, did he ever really lose it? I never really rated Paq OR Marquez better than Floyd.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 21 2009, 04:42 AM) *
I don't either, but I think Pacquiao has done more than Mayweather, even being more limited than Mayweather.

That aside, I still can't rate last nights performance to anything close to Hopkins with Pavlik. The circumstances were so much different.

I can't either. Just looking at the public sentiment before the fights should tell the tale. Most people viewed Mayweather/Marquez as a mismatch in Floyd's favor (which it was), while most people thought Hopkins was too old for Pavlik, yet he absolutely destroyed the guy. One played out exactly how it was expected to while the other was a relatively huge shock in the sport.
AussieLad
Of course mayweather lost the p4p ranking when he retired. He wouldve lost it anyway on inactivity even if he hadnt retired and just taken a 2 year vacation

To me, to regain the p4p no.1 he needs to win an impressive fight against a challenging opponent. No disrespect to marquez, but he was simply too old and too small to even be competitive. No-one should become p4p no.1 based on a tune up fight
STEVENSKI
He has a awful long way to go if he wants to take Pac's crown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.