Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Mayweather Jr Do The Same Thing To Pacquiao What He Did To Marquez?...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
dominicbuilder9k1
A sport writer said Mayweather is the best boxer in the world right now, but not the best fighter..?...There is a thin line in this statement but the writer explained it too well that I was able to digest what he meant.... Certainly, Mayweather has just shown to us his boxing skills, in fact I gave all 12 rounds for Mayweather and Marquez NOTHING!...

But i do admire Marquez for his "never afraid" attitude and his initiative to bring the fight on. I must admit though that this is one fight that i wish Mayweather Jr should have shown the world that he is indeed better than Pacquiao in giving boxing fans the excitement...there's no doubt Pacquiao is of lesser talent in as far as boxing skills is concern compared to Mayweather Jr,...but I need to ask myself being a boxing fan, why is the Pacquiao-Marquez Fight much exciting than this Mayweather-Marquez fight?...maybe you can chip in your mind?....

Will Mayweather Jr. be able to do the same thing to Pacquiao if they meet..?...or can Pacquiao beat the best defensive boxer in the world?.... With Pacquiao's ability to throw punches in angles or should I say in "abnormal" position, I have reason to believe it will not be as BORING as Mayweather-Marquez fight,.....I repeat, it will be not as boring as Mayweather-Marquez Fight...... but still BORING... because it takes to fighters to mix it up to make a fight exciting!...and FLOYD is not that fighter... of course we all know about Pacquiao, he is a risk taker while Mayweather jr is the exact opposite.... nevertheless, I will have you to answer this question: Can Mayweather Do The same Thing To Pacquiao What He Did To Marquez?... or Can Pacquiao Beat Mayweather?...
leonthegee
absolutely, mayweathers too accurate and too sharp defensively for pacquiao. ur right it will be a more exciting fight because pacquiao has no choice but to lay it on the line. he cant with a boxing match so he has to go for the jugular early in the fight but i dont see that happening. mays to skilled of a fighter for someone with limited skills like pacqiuao. easy work mayweather wins again. back to u jim.
torvix2000
The correct question is:

What will Pacquiao do to 10 opponents who instantly stepped up in weight from two divisions down to fight him?
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:21 AM) *
The correct question is:

What will Pacquiao do to 10 opponents who instantly stepped up in weight from two divisions down to fight him?

I am not even sure if he can beat Cotto..?...and this is what makes him a good fighter...everybody knows he will mix it up and take risk to bring an exciting fight...most likely he will be knocked out by Cotto!...
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:21 AM) *
The correct question is:

boo hoo boo hoo u sound like a fucking baby. go kill urself already.
torvix2000
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 20 2009, 02:32 PM) *
I am not even sure if he can beat Cotto..?...and this is what makes him a good fighter...everybody knows he will mix it up and take risk to bring an exciting fight...most likely he will be knocked out by Cotto!...

Cotto is shot. Pacquiao will play circles around him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 20 2009, 02:36 PM) *
boo hoo boo hoo u sound like a fucking baby. go kill urself already.

LOL! You can't spit out the obvious answer for fear of eclipsing your beloved Gayweather.

Oh, by the way. Add two more pounds to Pacquiao. Just ask him to pay the $600,000 fine. As if he needs to.
caneman
I don't think he could do the same thing because of styles but as much as I hate to admit, PBF would beat him & I'll tell you right now, Pacman might still give it a shot! It's just a fact that Pacman is too small for PBF! Add to that, that PBF has mad skills! Pacman is going up too far in weight for PBF but I still think he will handle Cotto if in fact he has his head right...if not, Cotto could very well beat him & it will be cause Cotto is too big IF so, not because of skill set! Still Pacman by late stoppage vs Cotto! PBF beats Pacman 116-112!
torvix2000
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 20 2009, 02:45 PM) *
I don't think he could do the same thing because of styles but as much as I hate to admit, PBF would beat him & I'll tell you right now, Pacman might still give it a shot! It's just a fact that Pacman is too small for PBF! Add to that, that PBF has mad skills! Pacman is going up too far in weight for PBF but I still think he will handle Cotto if in fact he has his head right...if not, Cotto could very well beat him & it will be cause Cotto is too big IF so, not because of skill set! Still Pacman by late stoppage vs Cotto! PBF beats Pacman 116-112!

Pacquiao might shock the world by beating Cotto and Floyd. Beating Cotto because he's shot. And beating Mayweather because Pacquiao didn't look for the knockout. Instead he just punched a lot missing a lot and getting countered but since he threw a lot he landed more than Floyd.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 05:06 AM) *
Pacquiao might shock the world by beating Cotto and Floyd. Beating Cotto because he's shot. And beating Mayweather because Pacquiao didn't look for the knockout. Instead he just punched a lot missing a lot and getting countered but since he threw a lot he landed more than Floyd.

well... your last sentence make sense, its possible... You are ONE loyal Pacquiao fan,...hehehe...Pacquiao may be able to win against Cotto but not against Mayweather Jr...
streetlion1
I think Gayweather K.O.s Pacman under 7 rounds. Pacman has the style that will force Floyd to fight.....and because of that Manny will be looking up at the lights.

Cotto will expose Pacman so Gayweather will have an excuse not to fight him anyway.
torvix2000
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 20 2009, 03:21 PM) *
I think Gayweather K.O.s Pacman under 7 rounds. Pacman has the style that will force Floyd to fight.....and because of that Manny will be looking up at the lights.

Cotto will expose Pacman so Gayweather will have an excuse not to fight him anyway.

I don't think so. Gayweather has already become a pigeon puncher.
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 11:26 AM) *

I agree. His punches look great and his opponents faces accumulate damage but he does not seem to possess much power. Its his one clear weakness imo, and would probably be his undoing with someone who can walk through his punch and deal damage of their own.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 20 2009, 11:39 AM) *
I agree. His punches look great and his opponents faces accumulate damage but he does not seem to possess much power. Its his one clear weakness imo, and would probably be his undoing with someone who can walk through his punch and deal damage of their own.

That's my whole argument in a nutshell. Mosley hits way harder and is pretty fast himself. He is going to hit Floyd, let's just see how often and how well Floyd responds. Forrest def outboxed Shane, but Vernon could freaking crack in there too. The biggest factor in my book though is Shane dumping his Dad.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 20 2009, 10:39 AM) *

I think fighting May is death by a thousand paper cuts. Also, if you can walk through the puches like Mosely can do then Floyd just frustrates you with movement. So in the end, who has a chance?
Keith
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 20 2009, 11:42 AM) *
That's my whole argument in a nutshell. Mosley hits way harder and is pretty fast himself. He is going to hit Floyd, let's just see how often and how well Floyd responds. Forrest def outboxed Shane, but Vernon could freaking crack in there too. The biggest factor in my book though is Shane dumping his Dad.

Agree 100%. His dad is not a good trainer. Shanes physical abilty covered up his dads inability to gameplan and stick with fundamentals. Jacks answer to everything was to fight harder.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 20 2009, 11:47 AM) *
Agree 100%. His dad is not a good trainer. Shanes physical abilty covered up his dads inability to gameplan and stick with fundamentals. Jacks answer to everything was to fight harder.

Or "Do the Roy Jones thing".
Snoop
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:26 PM) *

MID is back!
EpTXCHAMP
this aint gonna matter cuz cotto is gonna beat pac! Write it down, take a picture....I'll open a paypal account and take bets from pac lovers.

pac vs floyd would be a replay of judah vs floyd maybe a lil worse cuz this new floyd is much harder to hit than the one that fought judah I dont care what angles pac throws his punches from.

yuca
Nope...he would actually ko Pacman. Marquez is a counter puncher but Pac will initiate and come forward making Floyds shots more powerful as face and glove collide.
gbh32001
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 21 2009, 01:56 AM) *
this aint gonna matter cuz cotto is gonna beat pac! Write it down, take a picture....I'll open a paypal account and take bets from pac lovers.

pac vs floyd would be a replay of judah vs floyd maybe a lil worse cuz this new floyd is much harder to hit than the one that fought judah I dont care what angles pac throws his punches from.
I take your bet...Pac will gobble up Cotto.

Floyd can't do thesame what he did to JMM cause Floyd will be hiding for the whole 12 rounds against Pacman.

JMM was mismanaged throughout his whole career, really. Who is a boxer in sound mind fight a former Lb4LB wihtout any tools in his hands? Crazy Nacho and team Marquez, they allowed to fight a guy who is a super middleweight during fightnight. You can see the difference, even JMM hit him hard Floyd still smiling like he was hit by a pillow. I lost my respect to Floyd when he weighed 146 and refuse to be weight fightnight, a blatant disgrace to the boxing sport. heck! I hope team Pacquiao will fight Mosley next to drowned Floyd more from debt.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 20 2009, 12:41 PM) *
I take your bet...Pac will gobble up Cotto.

Floyd can't do thesame what he did to JMM cause Floyd will be hiding for the whole 12 rounds against Pacman.

JMM was mismanaged throughout his whole career, really. Who is a boxer in sound mind fight a former Lb4LB wihtout any tools in his hands? Crazy Nacho and team Marquez, they allowed to fight a guy who is a super middleweight during fightnight. You can see the difference, even JMM hit him hard Floyd still smiling like he was hit by a pillow. I lost my respect to Floyd when he weighed 146 and refuse to be weight fightnight, a blatant disgrace to the boxing sport. heck! I hope team Pacquiao will fight Mosley next to drowned Floyd more from debt.

if pac does beat cotto I will gladly eat crow I just sense we have seen this fight before with judah vs cotto. judah hurt cotto granted but I dont care wat anyone says hype or all the board memebers here I dont think pac cracks harder than judah!! thus I see cotto walking through like he did with clottey and margs the first 9 rds till the plaster kicked and breaking pac down by going to the body..by the way all these guys cotto walked through are all bigger than pac so I dont want to hear pac is stronger now blah blah he hasnt ko'd a welter until he does I'm just not a believer of that

as for marq couldnt agree more by the way NACHO is garbage!! he doesnt even look like he's into the fight he gave up on marq and DLH
gbh32001
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 21 2009, 03:00 AM) *
if pac does beat cotto I will gladly eat crow I just sense we have seen this fight before with judah vs cotto. judah hurt cotto granted but I dont care wat anyone says hype or all the board memebers here I dont think pac cracks harder than judah!! thus I see cotto walking through like he did with clottey and margs the first 9 rds till the plaster kicked and breaking pac down by going to the body..by the way all these guys cotto walked through are all bigger than pac so I dont want to hear pac is stronger now blah blah he hasnt ko'd a welter until he does I'm just not a believer of that

as for marq couldnt agree more by the way NACHO is garbage!! he doesnt even look like he's into the fight he gave up on marq and DLH
Yep, Pacman does not hit hard.. As a living testament; David Diaz going as far as "I can take his power but not his fu*#@'n speed. Oscar recently said to Iole that Manny does not hit hard but his punch comes from every angle that look like I'm fighting 10 Pacquiao, when i turn there he's there, when i turn there he's here. Floyd look very impressive,excellent,impossible to beat(you name all the accollades in the world he deserved it) against JMM
2-3 division below his weight. And don't forget that Pacquiao look impressive too against the LW&WW 2-3 weights up to his last bout.
thehype
Floyd beats Pacquiao just as easily as he beat Marquez.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 20 2009, 07:40 PM) *

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

laugh.gif

Hold on Hype... I thought you were picking Pac by SD?
Method
I believed Floyd would beat Marquez easily, and I believe he takes paq out EASILY. I still dont like him.
torvix2000
Pacquiao will outwork Floyd.
thehype
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 20 2009, 07:44 PM) *
Hold on Hype... I thought you were picking Pac by SD?

I was until last night. Pac ain't beating that guy...unless, of course, on November 14th, he beats the crap out of Cotto, in which case, I'll flip flop my stance again.

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Pacquiao will outwork Floyd.

Sorry dude, that's not happening.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 12:40 AM) *
Sorry dude, that's not happening.

It has already happened in the future.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 20 2009, 05:40 PM) *

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

laugh.gif

lol I agree but no way he gets past cotto!!!

did the dominating performance by the the bigger man last night change ur opinion on cotto vs pac?
torvix2000
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 21 2009, 01:12 AM) *
lol I agree but no way he gets past cotto!!!

did the dominating performance by the the bigger man last night change ur opinion on cotto vs pac?

Nope. The bigger man last night was bigger plus 2 more pounds. While Cotto is shot.
JaRaNDa
I don't need to compare past fights between Pac/Marquez/Mayweather to use as a calulator to get an answer because it's irrelivant..Mayweather beats Pac quite clearly and impessively. Pac is there to be hit when he comes in & still looks open at times. Mayweather being a saftey 1st counter puncher will make Pac pay. I can see Mayweather landing straight rights at will & possibly getting a Hatton-like stoppage when Pacs coming in by round 8 or so.
Not too mention Mayweather is just way too big, cautious, quick & smart for Pac to loose to him. This fight should not happen like the one last night, the 'small' dudes should back the fuck down or fight people at 147.
WAR COTTO!!
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 20 2009, 08:00 AM) *

Yeah... your comments makes sense re on NACHO....... but there is always a little reservation when it comes to Pacquiao,...you see, he is the most unpredictable boxer of this age, he might be able to pull this one thru against Cotto...his "UNusual" boxing skills is the reason of his winning streaks!...its like Pryor and Leonard with a little wit from Roy Jones Jr combined together...
iron_mike
Whatever happens, if the fight happens, Floyd aint KO'ing anybody. He didn't even try for it vs Marquez, against Pac he'll Baldomir around the ring for 12 rds unless Manny catches him.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 21 2009, 08:24 AM) *
Whatever happens, if the fight happens, Floyd aint KO'ing anybody. He didn't even try for it vs Marquez, against Pac he'll Baldomir around the ring for 12 rds unless Manny catches him.

you must not be the smartest guy in the world or just dont know much bout boxing baldomir, pacman the same fight you gotta be kidding me right floyd dominates like he does the rest. this sport is called boxing not who u dont knock out. i respect him beating a guy up for 12 rounds then a second round ko it lets the other guy know that nothing they did would change the outcome
Byrd Man
my question is this (and if someone's already said it in one of the other threads, pardon) if Floyd fights Pac and wins do you give any credit for it?

And what I mean by that is this: After seeing what he did to Marquez, if he goes up against Pacquiao and does the exact same thing, will anyone here (pro or against Floyd) give him any credit whatsoever?

I mean I have to admit my feelings have changed since this Marquez fight took place. I don't think there's anyway this fight is competitive. I just don't. If Floyd beats up on Pac again, isn't it essentially the same thing that just happened this past weekend?

Will he get any credit for beating up another smaller guy? I mean yeah Pac has grown into the weight and fought there a few times, and he still has to get past Cotto.

But in my mind unless/until Floyd fights Cotto/Mosely/Williams or someone else who's a top name in the Welters, I can't really give him credit.

it's not like I'm putting an asterisk by the wins or not counting them. I just think that more pressure needs to be put on Floyd to fight his own size guys.

That's why I'm hoping beyond hope that Cotto beats Pac on fight night. That way Floyd (hopefully) bypasses Pac and goes to one of the three I named.

Whether that will happen or not I don't know.

And I'll say this now. as big a detractor of Floyd as I've been, if he fights and beats ANY of those three guys I will shut up about him not fighting his own divisional guys.

I may hope he fights more guys in his division but I'll give him his appropriate due, especially if he does it in style. I'd prefer he didn't hit and run but whatever. Babysteps. lol

Also, side note: Anyone think Mayweather vs. Timothy Bradley would be a good fight? I was thinking about this BEFORE he fought Campbell. I think that might be a decent bout (for after Cotto/Mosely/or Williams)
The CEO
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 21 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Also, side note: Anyone think Mayweather vs. Timothy Bradley would be a good fight? I was thinking about this BEFORE he fought Campbell. I think that might be a decent bout (for after Cotto/Mosely/or Williams)

I like Bradley a lot...he's hungry and has what Champions are made of....but Mayweather would absolutely 4th of July him.

and uhhh...he would torch Pacquiao too.
Spyder
Bradley is very slick, but he doesn't have the "it" factor to land the BIG fights.

He needs to start running his mouth like Floyd, and the people will tune in to hate him.
STEVENSKI
I ain't sold on the Mayweather Kool Aid BS.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 21 2009, 08:19 PM) *

Why am I not surprised?
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 21 2009, 02:54 PM) *
my question is this (and if someone's already said it in one of the other threads, pardon) if Floyd fights Pac and wins do you give any credit for it?

And what I mean by that is this: After seeing what he did to Marquez, if he goes up against Pacquiao and does the exact same thing, will anyone here (pro or against Floyd) give him any credit whatsoever?

I mean I have to admit my feelings have changed since this Marquez fight took place. I don't think there's anyway this fight is competitive. I just don't. If Floyd beats up on Pac again, isn't it essentially the same thing that just happened this past weekend?

Will he get any credit for beating up another smaller guy? I mean yeah Pac has grown into the weight and fought there a few times, and he still has to get past Cotto.

But in my mind unless/until Floyd fights Cotto/Mosely/Williams or someone else who's a top name in the Welters, I can't really give him credit.

it's not like I'm putting an asterisk by the wins or not counting them. I just think that more pressure needs to be put on Floyd to fight his own size guys.

That's why I'm hoping beyond hope that Cotto beats Pac on fight night. That way Floyd (hopefully) bypasses Pac and goes to one of the three I named.

Whether that will happen or not I don't know.

And I'll say this now. as big a detractor of Floyd as I've been, if he fights and beats ANY of those three guys I will shut up about him not fighting his own divisional guys.

I may hope he fights more guys in his division but I'll give him his appropriate due, especially if he does it in style. I'd prefer he didn't hit and run but whatever. Babysteps. lol

I perfectly understood what you mean...you are hoping Mayweather Jr will not avoid any of those 3 boxers you think he should have chosen to fight,...but those were the boxers he has been avoiding, especially Mosley... lest he'll have a big L in his record... He will, however beat Pacquiao (my honest opinion) but being a wise fighter...Mayweather will remain avoiding these 3: Mosley, Williams and Cotto.... The next suspense fight coming our way is the Pacquiao-Cotto this Nov.,...and a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao match could happen, my point is : Mayweather will fight Pacquiao than Cotto,...why?... its for you to find it out.. It will be a very big surprise if Pacquiao beat Mayweather though.... it means Mayweather will never face a real welter...
ezdoseit
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 21 2009, 08:19 PM) *

what has floyd done to u for u to always have something negative to say bout this man. if u got a thing for losers thats fine just let us know and we'll know not to take u serious ever, anyway the fight with pacman might be more entertaining just cause of pacmans style but i have no doubt floyd wins easy
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 21 2009, 09:58 PM) *
what has floyd done to u for u to always have something negative to say bout this man. if u got a thing for losers thats fine just let us know and we'll know not to take u serious ever, anyway the fight with pacman might be more entertaining just cause of pacmans style but i have no doubt floyd wins easy

Hey man, if you like watching the most skilled and talented man in boxing today, avoid fighting the best welterweights then go ahead and support him.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 21 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Hey man, if you like watching the most skilled and talented man in boxing today, avoid fighting the best welterweights then go ahead and support him.

he will fight all the top guys and win the funny thing people never questioned who floyd fought until he became a ww now he is afraid of guys u cant be serious this is a business first money talks and bs walks the only fight that will be close is mosley and he will get to
streetlion1
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 21 2009, 11:17 PM) *
he will fight all the top guys and win the funny thing people never questioned who floyd fought until he became a ww now he is afraid of guys u cant be serious this is a business first money talks and bs walks the only fight that will be close is mosley and he will get to

He wasnt ducking people and making excuses strictly talking about money until he got to 147 and was surrounded by so much talent.
singletrack
I think PBF beats Manny way worse than Marquez. Marquez was trying to box in there...Manny will try that, then try to fight when it doesn't work. Once it turns to him trying to fight Mayweather, Floyd will counter the shit out of him. I would expect Manny to hit the canvas 3+ times. The question as to whether he gets stopped depends on how aggressive he gets IMO.
jlupi
I found this to be a good article on the potential matchups

http://theboxingbulletin.blogspot.com/2009...weather-jr.html
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Sep 22 2009, 12:17 AM) *

He "will"...

He hasn't yet. He's been a welterweight for 4 years now and he hasn't fought the best available comp there.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 22 2009, 01:16 PM) *
He "will"...

He hasn't yet. He's been a welterweight for 4 years now and he hasn't fought the best available comp there.

he fought zab judah then baldamir the oscar then hatton then marquez all former world champions what r people complaining bout
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.