Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Juan Manuel Marquez be able to recover?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
torvix2000
Coming up in weight and then what? Going down.

With no more high paying fights in the future.

I think he'll lose motivation and probably acquire some losses. Then he'd retire.
D-MARV
Sadly, I see Juan falling off. He may beat Katsidas but it would be a tough outing for him.
JD
The one positive is that he might stop drinking his own urine.
Box in Hand
That dude has more respect from me now and shouldn't be written off. He just moved up and fought a great fighter and there is no shame in losing. He goes back down where he is the champ and decapitates Katsidis's one dimensional ass and that's cool.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 02:27 AM) *
That dude has more respect from me now and shouldn't be written off. He just moved up and fought a great fighter and there is no shame in losing. He goes back down where he is the champ and decapitates Katsidis's one dimensional ass and that's cool.

I like JMM but what if Katsidis decapites him? How bad would that make Floyd look then? LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 20 2009, 09:50 PM) *
I like JMM but what if Katsidis decapites him? How bad would that make Floyd look then? LOL

How bad would that make Pac look. LOL
JaRaNDa
I don't see Marquez doing too much at all after this. He can't hang around 147 as it's wayy too much for him. If he decides to move back down to 140 are the top guys there too big for him still?? if he moves back down to 135 will he evan be the same fighter he was when beatin Diaz/Casamayor? I doubt it very much, the guy is pretty old for a small dude who has also been in pretty grueling fights the last couple of years. I just don't see a man who is getting old loosing all that weight and being effective as he once was. One of his best bets is Pac loosing and picking up a 3rd fight..only thing is where would the fight be?
KookedKrack
damn the guy lost to probably one of the greatest fighters of our generation and now he is done? Its not like floyd gave him a career altering beating....JMM will move back to the lower weights and be fine imo.......
gbh32001
JMM have a thing to settle with Chris John.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 21 2009, 02:02 AM) *
How bad would that make Pac look. LOL

It would not make him look great sure but it would make Floyd look 1000 times worse than he already does. Floyd has grown into & is a natural welter so it will make him look much worse.
neophyte7
JMM took many a head shot the other night... don't understimate the damage impact going forward. Mayweather landed a ton of punches on JMM's head...
Rperez
Juan Manuel Marquez vs Paul Malignaggi

mellow.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 21 2009, 03:48 AM) *
JMM have a thing to settle with Chris John.

I don't see Marquez going back down to featherweight.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 20 2009, 07:50 PM) *
It would not make him look great sure but it would make Floyd look 1000 times worse than he already does. Floyd has grown into & is a natural welter so it will make him look much worse.

id like to see marquez drop to 140 and take hatton or bradley. i think he could be competitive against either of those two and make pretty decent money doing it. what do u think ski?
The Original MrFactor
Not like he was getting the beating of a lifetime. he was just in with a safety 1st fighter who is not known for his punching power. JMM should be just fine. I'd love to see him take on Hatton and KO his ass.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 21 2009, 06:30 AM) *
Not like he was getting the beating of a lifetime. he was just in with a safety 1st fighter who is not known for his punching power. JMM should be just fine. I'd love to see him take on Hatton and KO his ass.

LOL. Hatton is becoming the punching bag of boxing. I'd love to see anyone go up or go down to KO that schmuck.
kidbazooka1
Marquez just went 12 rds with a much bigger all time great if anything it might give him more confidence since he was able to go the distance with FLoyd. It's not like he was battered from pilar to post he'll be alright sh*t many people here thought he was gonna get blown away ala Hatton/Pacquiao but he stood up for 12rd and was never in any real danger of getting stopped.

I see Marquez going down to 140lb and having some success there i think he'll beat most of the top guys around but he better hurry up cause at 36 time is running out.
BigG
Guys...Marquez is an all time great (IMO), a tough warrior, with alot of heart. He got beat up but it wasn't all that bad. He's been in grueling fights before and he is still fighting at an ELITE level. He is still top 5 EVEN with the loss to Floyd. Floyd was bigger and his style was a NIGHTMARE for Marquez. Marquez should definitely move to 140.
salvador
I really don't understand the question. JMM never thought he would win. He's 36 and moved up 2 weight classes for one last big paycheck. Maybe he fights again at 135 to go out with a win, but his glory days are gone.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 21 2009, 06:33 AM) *
I really don't understand the question. JMM never thought he would win. He's 36 and moved up 2 weight classes for one last big paycheck. Maybe he fights again at 135 to go out with a win, but his glory days are gone.

sure juan thought he would win... he is a very proud fighter... if he was fighting for the money he could have made a deal to fight a hattonisque type fighter in their hometown and made just as much money if not more with the gate and had an easier time of things.....
Yucayeke
This is a funny ass thread. WTF was done to Marquez that would ensure an ass wooping next time around?

he fought against a bigger and faster opponent, but by no means got a beat down. What should be discussed is how Boyd was not able to knock this smaller, slower , older man.

Marquez comes back and take care of business in his own weight Class. 140 will be a happening place
streetlion1
JMM will be fine...I think he should be the next guy to knock out Ricky Hatton. He has nothing to recover from...like everyone said he was fighting a guy who had every advantage in the book and then some. People (including myself) expected him to get stopped and he didnt...I think he walks away unblemished.
singletrack
JMM will be fine. Floyd landed a bunch of flush shots, but the overall damage he took was minor compared to the wars he's been in. He won't have problems getting down to 140 or lower as he was carrying a decent amount of fat in his midsection.

Katsidis would get TKOed against JMM. Seriously, that guy may be entertaining, but he's basically a lightweight version of Hatton that cuts and swells even worse. He doesn't have one-punch power, he just mauls people to death. JMM would counterpunch his face off - literally.
singletrack
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 20 2009, 09:18 PM) *
The one positive is that he might stop drinking his own urine.

LOL!
Douchebag
He will be fine because Pac getting stopped by Cotto will set up the mega rubbermatch between them at 140.
iron_mike
Not like he got brutally KO'd like Hatton, and even mentally, he knows Floyd was/is P4P, he went up 2 weight classes, drank alot of pee pee, he should be fine. I don't think it's a fight where he'll never be the same, like a Corrales Castillo type fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.