Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH Manny has no chance against Floyd
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
iron_mike
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5733.html

Front page

Sour grapes? Anxious to make Mosley Mayweather? Can someone send him a video of his fight vs Manny? Is dementia slowly creeping up on him? Maybe Floyd is too fast, etc., but to say he has NO CHANCE is a foolish and makes Oscar look foolish
Box in Hand
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 21 2009, 08:56 AM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5733.html

Front page

Sour grapes? Anxious to make Mosley Mayweather? Can someone send him a video of his fight vs Manny? Is dementia slowly creeping up on him? Maybe Floyd is too fast, etc., but to say he has NO CHANCE is a foolish and makes Oscar look foolish

Manny has a punchers chance and I think his speed gives Floyd problems for the first 2 or 3 rounds. After that, it's death by pot shot.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 07:19 AM) *
Manny has a punchers chance and I think his speed gives Floyd problems for the first 2 or 3 rounds. After that, it's death by pot shot.

mayweathers lead right hand/left hook combo will have manny looking worse than he ever looked against marquez. that fight is so easy for floyd i dont know what all the freakin hype is about really. you want to see floyd tested get him in the ring with mosley. everybody else gets slayed no problem. even though mosley has no real shot either. his punches are to wide and his defense is horible. no head movement what so ever. he couldnt even get out of the way of cottos punches and floyds light years ahead of cotto in the speed and accuracy department. but mosley does have skills offensively and skills wins fights.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 21 2009, 09:33 AM) *
mayweathers lead right hand/left hook combo will have manny looking worse than he ever looked against marquez. that fight is so easy for floyd i dont know what all the freakin hype is about really. you want to see floyd tested get him in the ring with mosley. everybody else gets slayed no problem. even though mosley has no real shot either. his punches are to wide and his defense is horible. no head movement what so ever. he couldnt even get out of the way of cottos punches and floyds light years ahead of cotto in the speed and accuracy department. but mosley does have skills offensively and skills wins fights.

Yes sir, that is absolutely correct.
torvix2000
Nah. Floyd will get outworked by Pacquiao. SD.
provo
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 21 2009, 07:33 AM) *

Exactly right!!! Pac would get destroyed and knockedout late. Shane is floyds toughest but floyd would be to much for him I think shane would bring out the best in Mayweather ! This fight gotts to happen ! No one at 147 can beat floyd....
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 21 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Exactly right!!! Pac would get destroyed and knockedout late. Shane is floyds toughest but floyd would be to much for him I think shane would bring out the best in Mayweather ! This fight gotts to happen ! No one at 147 can beat floyd....

Nobody's gonna get destroyed by Floyd anymore. He's become a pigeon puncher. He can only win against Pac by Baldomir'ing him.
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 07:51 AM) *
Nah. Floyd will get outworked by Pacquiao. SD.

mannys never fought anybody close to floyds skill level. floyds the better fighter. more vesatile, better defensively, and too accurate for manny. it would be like the yankees vs the colorado rockies in the world series. we all know whos going to win yet we cant wait to see it.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 21 2009, 04:01 PM) *
mannys never fought anybody close to floyds skill level.

Yup. He'll land accurately on Pacquiao. But just the same. He'll get outworked. SD.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Nobody's gonna get destroyed by Floyd anymore. He's become a pigeon puncher. He can only win against Pac by Baldomir'ing him.

Torvix, I've been reading your post for quite a while now and I still don't know what the f$@$ a pigeon puncher is?????? Manny is not beating Floyd and Saturday should have woken you up to that fact. Floyd is the better fighter in every category. Floyd just isn't a crowd pleaser. Use your logic. Floyd is one of the purest most accurate boxers of our generation. And if you cannot hurt Floyd, you cannot beat Floyd. Manny cannot hurt him nor can he out fight him. This isn't nuthugging just pure logic.

Floyd needs to give Mosely his day in the sun!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Torvix, I've been reading your post for quite a while now and I still don't know what the f$@$ a pigeon puncher is??????

LOL! Look it up in the FH Dictionary.
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 08:07 AM) *
Yup. He'll land accurately on Pacquiao. But just the same. He'll get outworked. SD.

u act like manny is this super intense pressure fighter and he absolutely isnt that. he throws combonations no question about that but hes a different fighter once he gets hit. in that marquez fight i saw a fighter that was beaten up and just trying to survive. freddy roach was a cunt hair away from stopping the fight. floyd is just a bad matchup for manny period. roach has done a good job keeping manny away from all fighters with a decent right hand (hatton,oscar, and now cotto). the last fighter to have a decent right hand was marquez and we all know what happened in both of those fights. so go ahead keep protending that manny has improved so dramaticlly since the marquez fights when in reality it's just the syles of his opposition have been in his favor. NOW heres some reality for you, manny still has terrible balance and when ever he throws a combo he takes away his southpaw advantage and fights straight up. he will be a sitting duck for floyd. look at that picture that you have in your advatar thats not even the right way to throw a right hook to the body. floyd would see him loading up from a mile away and his straight right hand over the top of that would put manny flat on his ass. mannys a good fighter but he better stay away from floyd, mosley, and bradley.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 21 2009, 04:20 PM) *
... in that Marquez fight I saw a fighter that was beaten up and just trying to survive. Freddy Roach was a cunt hair away from stopping the fight.

Why do you keep inventing things?
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 08:26 AM) *
Why do you keep inventing things?

why r u so forgetfull?
torvix2000
And Floyd was forced to go offensive against Judah because he was getting tagged when he is waiting to counter punch. That's because Judah is as quick as him. Against Pacquiao, Floyd will get tagged. Then he'll go offensive. And he will get tagged again. Then he'll Baldomir. But will find out that Pac has the speed to catch him. Then he'll counter punch. But since he doesn't throw enough punches anymore, his accurate punches will be eclipsed by Pacquiao's landing on the shoulder, body, gloves, and occasional clean punches. Split decision.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 21 2009, 04:31 PM) *
why r u so forgetfull?

Sorry. I couldn't remember Roach on the verge of stopping the fight.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 10:31 AM) *
And Floyd was forced to go offensive against Judah because he was getting tagged when he is waiting to counter punch. That's because Judah is as quick as him. Against Pacquiao, Floyd will get tagged. Then he'll go offensive. And he will get tagged again. Then he'll Baldomir. But will find out that Pac has the speed to catch him. Then he'll counter punch. But since he doesn't throw enough punches anymore, his accurate punches will be eclipsed by Pacquiao's landing on the shoulder, body, gloves, and occasional clean punches. Split decision.

Hold up. Judah is just as fast as Manny and probably hits harder and has better balance. Judah lacks courage, heart, and discipline which is why he will never be elite. Don't even look to that fight as an excuse. Besides, Floyd broke Judah down so lovely in that fight that I can watch that fight during Saturday morning breakfast.
The CEO
DLH is a fake, shrewd liar....but what he's sayin' here is pretty much the truth.....not "no chance"...but I'd say 10-15% chance maximum....in MYYYY opinion.
streetlion1
I think DLH is right. Gayweather would close the drapes on Pacman kinda early. Manny leaves himself open way too much...that will be made clear in the Cotto fight when Miguel destroys him!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Hold up. Judah is just as fast as Manny and probably hits harder and has better balance. Judah lacks courage, heart, and discipline which is why he will never be elite. Don't even look to that fight as an excuse. Besides, Floyd broke Judah down so lovely in that fight that I can watch that fight during Saturday morning breakfast.

Pac's "lack of balance" is not really lack of balance. You know that.

Pacquiao ain't gonna break down. He'll punch and punch Mayweather on every part of his body. He will get the judges' nod. Split decision for me. Things lacking from Castillo and Judah, Pacquiao has them. Plus more.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 10:42 AM) *

Pacquiao ain't gonna break down. He'll punch and punch Mayweather on every part of his body. He will get the judges' nod. Split decision for me. Things lacking from Castillo and Judah, Pacquiao has them. Plus more.

Judging by your Avatar, I see that logic in this will never prevail. So, I'll end this by saying it would be a good fight for boxing and would put asses in seats. However, IMHO Mayweather forces Roach to throw in the towel as his little hero is beating from pillar to post.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 11:42 AM) *

what would you call it then "a tendency to wobble"?
iron_mike
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 10:59 AM) *

x10!! I think I posted the exact same thread somewhere else!!
BGv2.0
ANYBODY that uses last Sat. night's fight as a reason Floyd would dominate Manny is forgetting the basic truth of boxing.....STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!

You can use that as a slight measure....but it in no way tells the story of how the actual fight will go.

Just because JMM holds his own/possibly beats Manny.....and then PBF beats JMM easy....does not 100% equal a easy win for PBF over Manny....it's not math....A+B+C do not always add up the same way when you use that logic in boxing.

SO.....toss all that out the window....because it holds no water.....I've seen one too many surprises over the years to fall for that.

Snoop
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:17 PM) *
LOL! Look it up in the FH Dictionary.

Do you remember who founded that term and how much everyone on here disrespected that guy?
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 21 2009, 05:39 PM) *
ANYBODY that uses last Sat. night's fight as a reason Floyd would dominate Manny is forgetting the basic truth of boxing.....STYLES MAKE FIGHTS!

You can use that as a slight measure....but it in no way tells the story of how the actual fight will go.

Just because JMM holds his own/possibly beats Manny.....and then PBF beats JMM easy....does not 100% equal a easy win for PBF over Manny....it's not math....A+B+C do not always add up the same way when you use that logic in boxing.

SO.....toss all that out the window....because it holds no water.....I've seen one too many surprises over the years to fall for that.

I think if people are using ABC theory of why Floyd would beat Pacquiao, then yes, I would agree with you. But using your same logic of "styles makes fights", I think Pacquaio has absolutely no chance against Mayweather and if Saturday told us anything, it's that his skills, most importantly his defensive skills, are still very much in tact.

Manny has an incredibly tough time against boxer/counterpunchers, i.e. Marquez, and usually performs well against head on sluggers i.e. Barrera, Morales, and Hatton. I think the reason people hype up Pac's wins so much is because they're exciting, they're memorable and a brutal KO tends to stick in people's mind better than a display of superb boxing skills for 12 rounds like we saw this past Saturday.

Floyd will handle Pac easily. The other thing fans, especially Pacquaio fans, tend to forget is just how often Manny gets hit in fights. He has shit for defense and Mayweather is going to exploit the hell out of it. All he'll know to do is fight harder, not smarter, and that type of mentality will get you KOed against a fighter like Mayweather.
Douchebag
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 21 2009, 12:48 PM) *
I think if people are using ABC theory of why Floyd would beat Pacquiao, then yes, I would agree with you. But using your same logic of "styles makes fights", I think Pacquaio has absolutely no chance against Mayweather and if Saturday told us anything, it's that his skills, most importantly his defensive skills, are still very much in tact.

Manny has an incredibly tough time against boxer/counterpunchers, i.e. Marquez, and usually performs well against head on sluggers i.e. Barrera, Morales, and Hatton. I think the reason people hype up Pac's wins so much is because they're exciting, they're memorable and a brutal KO tends to stick in people's mind better than a display of superb boxing skills for 12 rounds like we saw this past Saturday.

Floyd will handle Pac easily. The other thing fans, especially Pacquaio fans, tend to forget is just how often Manny gets hit in fights. He has shit for defense and Mayweather is going to exploit the hell out of it. All he'll know to do is fight harder, not smarter, and that type of mentality will get you KOed against a fighter like Mayweather.

Morales and Barrera where both very good boxers its just that they where so far past it AND Pac was such a beast at those lower weights the he was able to dominate them.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 21 2009, 11:48 AM) *

You're right and I don't think you have to be a Floyd fan to see the outcome. I see either a brutal KO or Roach throwing in the towel.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 21 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Do you remember who founded that term and how much everyone on here disrespected that guy?

i think he might be that guy
EpTXCHAMP
NO chance?? thats a lil harsh lol pac has got about a 5% chance his speed might cuase floyd prob till bout the second rd then floyd goes on cruise control
KookedKrack
As much as i HATE agreeing with oscar he is right......and pac man aint even getting passed cotto so this whole convo will be nill and void in a few weeks......
gbh32001
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 11:09 PM) *
Torvix, I've been reading your post for quite a while now and I still don't know what the f$@$ a pigeon puncher is?????? Manny is not beating Floyd and Saturday should have woken you up to that fact. Floyd is the better fighter in every category. Floyd just isn't a crowd pleaser. Use your logic. Floyd is one of the purest most accurate boxers of our generation. And if you cannot hurt Floyd, you cannot beat Floyd. Manny cannot hurt him nor can he out fight him. This isn't nuthugging just pure logic.

Floyd needs to give Mosely his day in the sun!
You guys singing thesame tune forgetting that Floyd beat a midget way way below his weight class while Pacman beat Oscar/Hatton at upper weight class. Bert Sugar Ray believe that he has not seen the best in Pacman yet, though Floyd is a tall mountain to climb the work rate of Manny will embarrass him. I give Manny a better shot than Mosley, Cotto, Margcheato, Williams because of his unskilled all angle lighning left straight and upper cut, the right hook that drop Hatton is just a mere faker.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 21 2009, 11:48 AM) *

Well...that's just what it looks like from the majority of posts in relation to a future bout with Manny.

When I say "styles make fights"....I mean that in the sense that you will not know until the night of the fight when those two styles are placed in front of one another....

No doubt....based on the other night I totally agree it's a logical thought that PBF will steamroll Manny....but by no means is it a 100% outcome....

The whole sport of boxing is kept in check by this...which is what makes the sport so great.

As far as this fight.....and their styles...I remember thinking that more likely then not the SAME thing was going to occur with Forrest/Mayorga....and we all know what took place there.

That's all I'm saying....never totally dismiss the other guy....no matter how much the logic directs you to.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 21 2009, 03:49 PM) *
You guys singing thesame tune forgetting that Floyd beat a midget way way below his weight class while Pacman beat Oscar/Hatton at upper weight class. Bert Sugar Ray believe that he has not seen the best in Pacman yet, though Floyd is a tall mountain to climb the work rate of Manny will embarrass him. I give Manny a better shot than Mosley, Cotto, Margcheato, Williams because of his unskilled all angle lighning left straight and upper cut, the right hook that drop Hatton is just a mere faker.

STOP! Manny beat a dehydrated weak ass shell in De la Hoya. Saturday's Marquez would have beat the fish net stockings off of that De la Hoya so try again. Dude Manny's work rate is exactly what's gonna get him killed against Mayweather. Wake up and smell the blood homey.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 22 2009, 04:55 AM) *
STOP! Manny beat a dehydrated weak ass shell in De la Hoya. Saturday's Marquez would have beat the fish net stockings off of that De la Hoya so try again. Dude Manny's work rate is exactly what's gonna get him killed against Mayweather. Wake up and smell the blood homey.
WoW!Well get back into it if Floyd has the guts to face Pacquiao. Maybe he have a bit of confidence now that he beat JMM but before that he's shaking his balls everytime he heard Mosley and Pacquiao's name.LoL.If Pac will get past Cotto in a brutal passion, Floyd will duck him until they will get retired, mark my word. Floyd has been never risk his 0 when he move up to welterweight.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 04:55 PM) *

With all due respect, that JMM would have been smoked by Pacman(fishnets would have been a toss up) IMO...JMM was so slow & his timing was pitiful! What we saw Saturday was more than just the fact he was fighting PBF! Some guys can handle weight but from what I seen JMM is not one of them!

As far as DLH goes...I care what he says about as much as I care what Mayweather Sr says! But honestly if the fight isn't @ 140 Pacman doesn't have a great chance of winning more than 4 rounds! The only way is if PBF started bitch & crying but that ain't gonna happen above 140! Regardless of what any of us think though, Pacman might actually try anyhow! I am still waiting for PBF to take a chance vs a top guy his own size!!! I'll believe it when I see it! One thing is for sure though, even @ 147, Pacman does better than JMM did & I like his style better vs PBF but no matter UD for PBF 116-112!
Keith
I do not believe Pac has a chance against PBF. It would probably be a little closer then JMM but the fundamental difference remains that Pac is not a welter. He is equal p4p, if not better, but he could still be fighting at 135.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 21 2009, 01:07 PM) *
As much as i HATE agreeing with oscar he is right......and pac man aint even getting passed cotto so this whole convo will be nill and void in a few weeks......

thank you for keeping that quick and simple... you are dead on the money...
kidbazooka1
Oh sh*t Mayweather just got hit with the DLH curse Floyd better tell him to take that sh*T back. LOL

Watch Manny blow Floyd out of there hatton style.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 21 2009, 02:49 PM) *

My brother the scary thing is we havent seen the BEST floyd yet
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 21 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Well...that's just what it looks like from the majority of posts in relation to a future bout with Manny.

When I say "styles make fights"....I mean that in the sense that you will not know until the night of the fight when those two styles are placed in front of one another....

No doubt....based on the other night I totally agree it's a logical thought that PBF will steamroll Manny....but by no means is it a 100% outcome....

The whole sport of boxing is kept in check by this...which is what makes the sport so great.

As far as this fight.....and their styles...I remember thinking that more likely then not the SAME thing was going to occur with Forrest/Mayorga....and we all know what took place there.

That's all I'm saying....never totally dismiss the other guy....no matter how much the logic directs you to.

True. I would rephrase than, I give Manny about a 5-10% chance on some fluke incident. But I still think you can predict how "styles will make fights" in most cases. All non-boxing fans were hyped about Mayweather/Marquez, mostly due to the 24/7, but I told em it was going to be boring. Two natural counterpuncher boxers who wait for the other to throw. It's gonna be a lot of potshotting the whole night, and look what we got.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 21 2009, 09:54 AM) *

YUP!!
ddilag
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 22 2009, 12:48 AM) *

I doubt that Mayweather will handle pacman easily. its like you underestimate the skill of MP. t seems you lost a thousands of dollars betting against MP. but seriously, MP has a ability to win vs. MW, Mp has the skill that other boxers MW fought doesnt have. MW has a tremendous def, but it is not absolute. Manny not only can matched MW speed but has power to send MW in the canvas, and don forget that Mp has tremendous stamina that can launch a barrage of punching every round without diminishing its speed and power. regarding accuracy Mp has enough of it to hit MW. The question if they fight is, who can take a punch? and please, mp-marquez fights was history, Mp won the fight, and MP won both fights if only 1 judge scored it correctly.

I also want them to fight, but i doubt it. MW is too concern caring about his record,that even in his mind he cant take a defeat. A fighter can only be tested if he can beat a fighter his own size and strength and that's what MW is lacking in his unblemished record. and if ever they fight, can assure you that MW will do the same trick that he used against JMM. But still the fight is far from happening.

Out of the topic comment.........
And as i remember, the MW-JMM fight was made for MW. just look at the incidents that happened before and on the fight night. 1) JMM need to go up 2 division 2) the alleged rib injury that no evidence was proved 3) the "surprised" catchweight (never heared of that before, sounds like showbiz) 4) the postponement of fight (whats the real story????) 5) MW doesn't made the contracted weight on weight in (what's the contracted weight made for, and what happened to the extra time for training???.... 6) MW declined to be weighted on the fight night (whats the reason for that??? trying to cover something). Every aspect of the JMM-MW fight was planned to give MW the win. MW already won from the moment they conceptualized the fight. i really feel sorry for JMM, training hard just for this fight, but cheated already before the fight night. Roach was right again, the fight is boring and this is no fight of the boxing technicians, its more on a grade 7 huge fat bullies holding a baseball bat picking on a kindergarten. MW has skill, but it has not been tested, until now...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 21 2009, 03:54 AM) *

Yeah... I believe Floyd will beat Manny,... The best Manny could do is train hard. learn new tactics that will be effective against Floyd and continue eating the "Steroids Equivalent" food of the Filipinos...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (ddilag @ Sep 21 2009, 08:36 PM) *
I doubt that Mayweather will handle pacman easily. its like you underestimate the skill of MP. t seems you lost a thousands of dollars betting against MP. but seriously, MP has a ability to win vs. MW, Mp has the skill that other boxers MW fought doesnt have. MW has a tremendous def, but it is not absolute. Manny not only can matched MW speed but has power to send MW in the canvas, and don forget that Mp has tremendous stamina that can launch a barrage of punching every round without diminishing its speed and power. regarding accuracy Mp has enough of it to hit MW. The question if they fight is, who can take a punch? and please, mp-marquez fights was history, Mp won the fight, and MP won both fights if only 1 judge scored it correctly.

I also want them to fight, but i doubt it. MW is too concern caring about his record,that even in his mind he cant take a defeat. A fighter can only be tested if he can beat a fighter his own size and strength and that's what MW is lacking in his unblemished record. and if ever they fight, can assure you that MW will do the same trick that he used against JMM. But still the fight is far from happening.

And as i remember, the MW-JMM fight was made for MW. just look at the incidents that happened before and on the fight night. 1) JMM need to go up 2 division 2) the alleged rib injury that no evidence was proved 3) the "surprised" catchweight (never heared of that before, sounds like showbiz) 4) the postponement of fight (whats the real story????) 5) MW doesn't made the contracted weight on weight in (what's the contracted weight made for, and what happened to the extra time for training???.... 6) MW declined to be weighted on the fight night (whats the reason for that??? trying to cover something). Every aspect of the JMM-MW fight was planned to give MW the win. MW already won from the moment they conceptualized the fight. i really feel sorry for JMM, training hard just for this fight, but cheated already before the fight night. Roach was right again, the fight is boring and this is no fight of the boxing technicians, its more on a grade 7 huge fat bullies holding a baseball bat picking on a kindergarten. MW has skill, but it has not been tested, until now...

WOW..!!.. You make sense... Assuming Pacquiao beats Cotto..and then Mayweather whips Pacquiao....does it mean Mayweather hadn't been tested the way he should be?...
AussieLad
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 22 2009, 12:58 AM) *
My brother the scary thing is we havent seen the BEST floyd yet

Horse shit

What, suddenly floyd is going to get even better at pot shotting and coasting?

What the JMM fight showed me is that floyd is not comfortable being an offensive fighter. He tried it in spurts, didnt like it, then went back to coasting on pot shots

This is floyds modus operandi for every fight from here on. That is as good as it gets, simply because thats how far he is willing to extend himself.

If the fighters he faces get bigger, and more dangerous (ie mosely or cotto) expect floyd to retreat into his shell even more. If there is even the slightest risk, he will not over extend himself. Its just not his style.
Snoop
QUOTE (ddilag @ Sep 22 2009, 08:36 AM) *

I've actually never bet against Manny and I thought he would win all of his fights up until now.

All the points you bring up are valid except for the fact that Manny has never faced a fighter that 1) hit as hard as Mayweather (in relation of Manny at welter, NOT that Mayweather is known to be a hard puncher) and 2) someone as accurate as Mayweather. Manny does have an incredible reserve of stamina, but these were against fighters that did not hit as hard as Mayweather (I'm not counting DLH because he was drained) or accurate. You could say Marquez, but he arguably lost to Marquez. I'm not going to sit here and debate who won or not (I actually thought Pac won the first fight), but we can both agree those were Manny's closest fights. Pacquiao has decent defense, I actually think it improved in the Hatton fight, but I think once he starts getting tagged, he gets careless, and that, for me, is when Mayweather will pick him apart.

Unfortunately you may be right about Mayweather not fighting Pacquiao due to the risk, BUT if Pac wins against Cotto, the money that could be generated from that fight would be so large, I don't think he could step down from it. I mean money is the real reason he came back to the sport in the first place.
iron_mike
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 12:59 PM) *
You're right and I don't think you have to be a Floyd fan to see the outcome. I see either a brutal KO or Roach throwing in the towel.

Whoa...do 'brutal KO' and Floyd Mayweather belong in the same sentence/topic?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 22 2009, 08:25 AM) *
Whoa...do 'brutal KO' and Floyd Mayweather belong in the same sentence/topic?

Hatton doing a WWF head dive into the turnbuckle looked pretty brutal to me. In fact, I'm surprised it didn't get funniest KO of the year award.
iron_mike
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 22 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Hatton doing a WWF head dive into the turnbuckle looked pretty brutal to me. In fact, I'm surprised it didn't get funniest KO of the year award.

Yes, but it was almost like Floyd had no choice NOT to finish him off. Though he was catching him with great head snapping shots towards the later rounds. My point is, it seems like unless it's handed to him on a silver platter, he'll gladly coast to a UD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.