Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Arreola Beat Klitschko?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
dominicbuilder9k1
I believe Arreola will beat Klitschko....only if Klitschko will mix it up with him...Arreola is a fluid heavyweight puncher, he strikes and makes continuous blows similar to Tyson and Fraizer...Arreola by knock out!.. what's your pick?...why?...
Box in Hand
Jab, Jab, Jab x's 10000 and down goes Arreola. No he cannot beat Klitschko.
King Eugene
Nope...Jab fest that I'll still watch anyway.
Spyder
Hasim Rahman couldn't beat Lennox Lewis...Corrie Sanders couldn't beat Wlad...there's a lot of heavyweights that were overmatched, yet got the win.

That's heavyweight boxing. One punch could end the fight.

For all the hate that Arreola gets, the fact that he's a live body is reason enough to watch the big boys fight it out.
King Eugene
I like Arreola and wish him the best but I don't think he will pull it out. He has heart and determination but I dont think it will be enough. I tell you what though, if Vitali knock him down but not out he is going to have a fight on his hand cause Arreola is coming back hard!
Romulus9
Considering he has a nasty habit of fighting about 25 pounds overweight, probably not. He's going to eat a lot of punches Saturday night. A lot. If he comes in in the same condition that he did for McCline, I'm not sure he could get up in 10 seconds following a slip, much less a knockdown.

Maybe Chris fires off a haymaker and catches Klitschko but he hasn't had the same issues as Wlad in the past. I think Vitali wins easily because Arreola just can't get out of the way. Slow, sometimes boring, but methodical and brutal in its finality. Jab, jab, jab, jab, cross, repeat... all night... until it's over.
Rperez
I think Klitschko is too skilled and hes smart, hes not going to let Arreola have the title, Klitschko can take a punch too, I see Klitschko out smarting Arreola.
JLUVBABY
arreolas trainers should tell chris to imagine vitali is a gigantic twinkie and if he knocks it out in the first round he can dine on it... thats his only shot i think is a quick kamakazi type fight that blasts vitali out,or at least weakens or hurts him to the point to keep him at bay so he can get some good work in... only thing is vitali seems to have one hellava chin but this is boxing the right punch at the right time can do some weird stuff...
BGv2.0
Vitali is supposed to come in wrapped in a giant Tortilla robe.....so that alone will give Arreola a HUGE chance!

Honestly....the ONLY way I see Vitali losing this fight is if he suddenly shows his age Sat. night...which at 40+ is a very good possibility. Barring that, I see Vitali getting a awesome KO in what will be an explosive, exciting match for however long it lasts...I think Arreola inflicts some damage but cannot take as much as he can give....getting KTFO in 2-3 rounds...but going out on his shield like a man.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 21 2009, 10:28 PM) *
I believe Arreola will beat Klitschko....only if Klitschko will mix it up with him...Arreola is a fluid heavyweight puncher, he strikes and makes continuous blows similar to Tyson and Fraizer...Arreola by knock out!.. what's your pick?...why?...

Wow,what mindless stuff..Arreola by KO??hahahaha..Lennox wasn't able to KO Klitchko and he hit Klitchko with everything he had..To make reference to Tyson and Frazier about Arreola is mind numbing..Arreola is weak compared to both those guys..His power is over rated and he doesn't have 1 punch power..

Klitchko will box his ears off..Arreola will get bloody and swollen..Hopefully even unconscious..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 21 2009, 04:33 PM) *
Jab, Jab, Jab x's 10000 and down goes Arreola. No he cannot beat Klitschko.

This is exactly what I expect from Vitali,...Arreola will only have his chance of winning if Klitschko mix it up...with his power he might be able to land a " lucky knock out punch."... Arreola has a chance...
Warlord
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 21 2009, 10:28 PM) *

If Klitchsko mixes it up with Arreola it just means Arreola goes out in 4 instead of 8. Unless of course you think Arreola is somehow even remotely the equivalent of Lennox Lewis, in which case, you'd still be wrong, just in a much grander fashion.
Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 22 2009, 01:25 AM) *
Honestly....the ONLY way I see Vitali losing this fight is if he suddenly shows his age Sat. night...which at 40+ is a very good possibility.

I love you brother, but Vitali is 38, not 40+.
AussieLad
Vitali has a fucking great chin. Arreola may land a couple, but its not going to do him any good. And he will eat way more just to land those shots. All that remains to be seen is how long can arreola remain vertical against a wave of punches, and gravity going to town on his fat ass
D-MARV
Arreola has slim to no chance of winning. I do, However, believe that this isn't the same Vitali that fought Lennox over 6 years ago. It doesn't matter anyway. I'am giving Arreola credit for being tough. give me Vitali by WIDE UD.
iron_mike
There is NO ONE in the HW division that can beat either Klit. That is real sad and depressing to type. I just started re reading Joyce Carol Oates 'On Boxing', and was reading up on the whole Mike Tyson chapter.
Yes it was a weak division when he ruled supreme, but there has been NO eciting HW since then IMO. Holy, Lewis, they didn't have 1/10th the excitement that Tyson brought to the table.

The division is run by a monopoly of boring, but seemingly invincible brothers. Until one retires, or a Lamon Brewster, Corrie Sanders happens again, there's no reason to watch the 'blubberweights' as a friend of mine calls them. As exciting as Arreola is, he's not a superb HW, not even mentioning his awesome physique=he's an inside fighter, and I can't see him getting inside Vitali, or Wlad.
Spyder
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2009, 03:26 AM) *
Wow,what mindless stuff..Arreola by KO??hahahaha..Lennox wasn't able to KO Klitchko and he hit Klitchko with everything he had..To make reference to Tyson and Frazier about Arreola is mind numbing..Arreola is weak compared to both those guys..His power is over rated and he doesn't have 1 punch power..

Klitchko will box his ears off..Arreola will get bloody and swollen..Hopefully even unconscious..

Oh no he didn't... lol
streetlion1
I would love it if Arreola pulled off the upset but I think he is gonna get destroyed....hes giving up too much on skill. The only chance he has is to go at Vitali...bull him to the ropes and try to land a big shot on the inside.

I see a quick K.O. win or a boring hug-fest U.D. for Klit.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 22 2009, 03:33 AM) *
I love you brother, but Vitali is 38, not 40+.

eh.....38....40+.....either one is way past it in relation to a guy his sheer size. HWs do not seem to age as well as smaller guys in relation to their skill, ability and desire still being there in their late 30's.

I don't expect it...but it is a possibility. I know if he lets Arreola hit him with the same rights that Gomez hit him with all night...it might be a problem.
Nay_Sayer
Klit the Older was looking a little long in the tooth in his last outing, IMHO.

Going rounds with a blown up Cruiser who offered absolutely NO resistence after the 1st round didn't impress me @ all. Arreola may be a fat slob - BUT - he's young, throws punches in bunches, has one punch KO power, and knows how to fight. For the Klit to win I think he needs to take Arreola out early. If it goes into the later rounds then I like Arreola's chances to pull off the upset.

Arreola late KO or UD

singletrack
I'll be pulling for Arreola, but I think the odds of him pulling it out are extremely low. I do think he'll actually go for it though, which should make the fight entertaining, regardless of how it ends up. He has the power, but is very raw and poorly conditioned.
yuca
I would like for Arreola to win, but every advantage except for age goes to Klitschko, and age is not a definitive advantage, when you have a well conditioned athlete, age translates into experience.

If Arreola goes into this and fight with all his heart, and is able to withstand the punishment that he IS going to endure, then he's gotten a chance.
gbh32001
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 23 2009, 02:05 AM) *
I would like for Arreola to win, but every advantage except for age goes to Klitschko, and age is not a definitive advantage, when you have a well conditioned athlete, age translates into experience.

If Arreola goes into this and fight with all his heart, and is able to withstand the punishment that he IS going to endure, then he's gotten a chance.
Well, as big as Klitschko as he is, he is not an offensive boxer. He box and jab outside and when the prey is ready for the taking he go with a KO. That's what makes him a boring fighter. Chris has a hail mary punch that can KO Klits just like what Byrd did to him five years ago.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2009, 02:26 AM) *

johnny this is far fetched so dont jump me for saying this... lol... but here goes... that lennox fight was some yeas ago and since then vitali hasnt had a rough fight since... what happens if arreola shows up for the occasion all 265 lbs. and tits and make him think about some things, like his age.. just saying this is boxing thats not too far fetched to happen... chris needs to jump him early but to me its one of the more interesting fights to take place in a while... at heavyweight...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 22 2009, 03:46 PM) *
johnny this is far fetched so dont jump me for saying this... lol... but here goes... that lennox fight was some yeas ago and since then vitali hasnt had a rough fight since... what happens if arreola shows up for the occasion all 265 lbs. and tits and make him think about some things, like his age.. just saying this is boxing thats not too far fetched to happen... chris needs to jump him early but to me its one of the more interesting fights to take place in a while... at heavyweight...

All I made reference to Lennox for was that he gave Klitchko 100% of his power and Klitchko never fell..Arreola is no Lennox in terms of power..

Nay Sayer,why would Arreola have better chances if the fight goes late??He'll be completely worn out from being punched so much and when have you ever seen fat ass go 12 rounds??
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2009, 04:48 PM) *
All I made reference to Lennox for was that he gave Klitchko 100% of his power and Klitchko never fell..Arreola is no Lennox in terms of power..

Nay Sayer,why would Arreola have better chances if the fight goes late??He'll be completely worn out from being punched so much and when have you ever seen fat ass go 12 rounds??

i agree with you all i was saying in all that is that vitali has to get old and you never know... without a tough fight what happens when he feels some resistance... lol... funny things might happen...
kidbazooka1
I'll be rooting for Arreola big time and i believe that if he wins it can give the HW divison a huge boost but he's in tough this saturday and unfortunatley for him he's in against the Klitscko with the better chin and who doesn't fall apart when pressed.

While I can see Chris landing a huge haymaker to make something happen i think it's a long shot Vitali will stick the jab in his face rd after rd and take him out in the middle rds.
Warlord
Nipple will lose.
MarzB
I have mixed opinions. I could never (ok I'm lying I rooted for Wlad against Sam Peter) see myself rooting for the Klichko's but I have a serious problem a YOUNG GUY who has a problem making weight (this also includes YOU FAst Eddie, man I'm forgetting his last name).

If the Arreola was chiseled (I KNOW this doesn't always translate into ring success) I'd really be on his band wagon. I think he's got decent skills (I'd love to see him and Haye) but it's his stamina late I worry about. Vitali is content being the upright robot, being hard to hit. I would love if Arreola could go to vitali's body and force him to lean over or bend down. He despite his bad conditioning (IMO) can move decent and if he can make Vitali pay for coming forward and move then let his hands go and move. He might be able to pull out something.

In the end I'm rooting for him because it would be a welcomed change to the heavyweight landscape.
rusty_trombone
Arreola? Wasn't he on cheers, he sat next to norm?
provo
Arreola is garbage ! Klitschko will knock his ass out in 6 ,I seen couple of chris Arreolas fights I think he's fukn garbage.
I seen him get dropped I don't remember who it was agianst but he was getting his ass kicked then threw a hayemaker. He's weak. Klits will knock his ass out . Shit mikt tyson would be able to come back and fight Arreola and knock his fat ass out ! He's a bum
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2009, 04:48 PM) *

I don't believe Klit the Older has the stamina to go twelve hard rounds with a live body. If Arreola can get past that long SLOW jab, it's gonna be a long night for the Klit...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 22 2009, 10:37 PM) *
I don't believe Klit the Older has the stamina to go twelve hard rounds with a live body. If Arreola can get past that long SLOW jab, it's gonna be a long night for the Klit...

As I see it Klitchko is in way better shape,has better stamina,and has a bigger punch and better chin..Arreola will blow his wad early if he can get near Klitchko or Klitchko will just break him down..Also,that slow jab you're talking about is probably the single most accurate punch in the heavyweight division right now..

Do you think Arreola can go 12 rounds??Seriously..
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 12:34 AM) *
As I see it Klitchko is in way better shape,has better stamina,and has a bigger punch and better chin..Arreola will blow his wad early if he can get near Klitchko or Klitchko will just break him down..Also,that slow jab you're talking about is probably the single most accurate punch in the heavyweight division right now..

Do you think Arreola can go 12 rounds??Seriously..

You must be talking about Wlad. I thought we were talking about Vitali. wink.gif

A guy is only as good as his last fight in my book - and Vitali looked like absolute shi'ite last go round.

He looked ole', slow as molasses, pawing with the jab, and throwing arm punches - all the while carrying a *Cruiserweight* late into a fight where the guy offered absolutely NO resistance after the 1st round.

I'm sorry, but from what I saw in Klit the Older's last fight, he looks ready to be taken.

Arreola may be a fat slob -but- he's young, skilled, and hungry [pun intended]. Klitschko, otoh, is ole, stiff, slow, injury prone, and ready to be put out to pasture.

If Arreola took his training seriously and can get past the Klitschko jab then I see no reason why he can't take the ole' man into the deep waters...

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 23 2009, 01:12 AM) *
You must be talking about Wlad. I thought we were talking about Vitali. wink.gif

A guy is only as good as his last fight in my book - and Vitali looked like absolute shi'ite last go round.

He looked ole', slow as molasses, pawing with the jab, and throwing arm punches - all the while carrying a *Cruiserweight* late into a fight where the guy offered absolutely NO resistance after the 1st round.

I'm sorry, but from what I saw in Klit the Older's last fight, he looks ready to be taken.

Arreola may be a fat slob -but- he's young, skilled, and hungry [pun intended]. Klitschko, otoh, is ole, stiff, slow, injury prone, and ready to be put out to pasture.

If Arreola took his training seriously and can get past the Klitschko jab then I see no reason why he can't take the ole' man into the deep waters...

Klitchko's last fight wasn't that great but styles make fights..Arreola's style is perfect for Klitchko..Anyone coming at Klitchko straight on is gonna get done..Vitali is extremely accurate,I wasn't talking about Wlad..Vitali doesn't waste energy,which is smart..His footwork is very methodical and he knows how to keep his range better than anyone at heavyweight..He WAS injury prone..He took years off to let his body heal up..
yuca
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 22 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Chris has a hail mary punch that can KO Klits just like what Byrd did to him five years ago.

True, if Arreola can somehow injure Vitali's shoulder he could be able to win...
The only thing Bird and Arreola have in common is their first name...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 22 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Yeah.... we're talking about VITALI not his brother...that's why i picked Arreola to win this fight,...Vitali's cardio is questionable...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2009, 05:48 PM) *

He never caught Vitaly that cleanly with his punches. He was getting closer. In fact, in the last round he did catch him with a huge uppercut that Nearly tore Klits head off. Other than that he would time him coming in with the jab. Klit didnt look good getting jabbed by Lewis. I know Arreola doesnt jab much, but when he's close, if only he could make it count...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 23 2009, 01:51 PM) *
He never caught Vitaly that cleanly with his punches. He was getting closer. In fact, in the last round he did catch him with a huge uppercut that Nearly tore Klits head off. Other than that he would time him coming in with the jab. Klit didnt look good getting jabbed by Lewis. I know Arreola doesnt jab much, but when he's close, if only he could make it count...

That nearly tore Vitali's head off??That punch would have tore anyone else's head off besides Holyfield and Mercer..Lennox landed some huge straight rights on Vitali too,no effect..Arreola would have to land like 4 punches to equal a shot from Lennox..His power is over rated..He needs combos to put you down,he can't do it with one shot..Vitali and Holyfield have the best chins at heavyweight right now and in the last 20 years..Vitali has never been on the ground..
Warlord
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 10:00 PM) *
That nearly tore Vitali's head off??That punch would have tore anyone else's head off besides Holyfield and Mercer..Lennox landed some huge straight rights on Vitali too,no effect..Arreola would have to land like 4 punches to equal a shot from Lennox..His power is over rated..He needs combos to put you down,he can't do it with one shot..Vitali and Holyfield have the best chins at heavyweight right now and in the last 20 years..Vitali has never been on the ground..

Co-sign, though I wasn't aware that Vitali's chin was ever a question mark. (Other than the one idiot who mentioned Chris Byrd "stopping" Klitchsko, which deserves no response whatsoever.)

As for conditioning... seriously? If any of you guys seriously think a fat slob can outwork a professional like Vitali Klitchsko, especially after the long road of abuse he will have taken to get there (late in the fight), well then, I'm afraid boxing may not be your game.

Barring injury, Vitali wins this fight easily.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 23 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Co-sign, though I wasn't aware that Vitali's chin was ever a question mark. (Other than the one idiot who mentioned Chris Byrd "stopping" Klitchsko, which deserves no response whatsoever.)

As for conditioning... seriously? If any of you guys seriously think a fat slob can outwork a professional like Vitali Klitchsko, especially after the long road of abuse he will have taken to get there (late in the fight), well then, I'm afraid boxing may not be your game.

Barring injury, Vitali wins this fight easily.

You co-signed me and I'll co-sign you back..How anyone would think that Arreola is better conditioned to go 12 rounds is beyond me..How could he have an advantage if the fight goes late??He has never even been 12 rounds,Vitali has..Arreola has only gone 8 rounds once..He also slows down as fights go on..This is when Vitali will KO him..Vitali may open his mouth in fights but it doesn't mean he is tired..It could just be a bad habit..
King Eugene
Man I swear I hope Arreola pulls a Rahman but keep his title a lot longer. Just dont start crying and hollering my Mama dont gotta work no mo. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2009, 10:55 PM) *
I would go for Arreola, just to see Blaze's reaction, haha.

If Arreola wins,the heavyweight division would be a hell of a lot more of a joke than it is now..Who wants to see a nipples,the fat slob representing one part of the heavyweight titles??To see any professional fighter come into the ring with a beer belly and sagging boobs is disgraceful..They should fine him for making people watching him jiggle around the ring..He was put down by Travis Walker,how do ya think he'll do against a bigger puncher like Klitchko??

I know ya all want Arreola to win to see me get enraged..hahahaha..It's not happening though.. yahoo.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 24 2009, 12:20 AM) *
If Arreola wins,the heavyweight division would be a hell of a lot more of a joke than it is now..Who wants to see a nipples,the fat slob representing one part of the heavyweight titles??To see any professional fighter come into the ring with a beer belly and sagging boobs is disgraceful..They should fine him for making people watching him jiggle around the ring..He was put down by Travis Walker,how do ya think he'll do against a bigger puncher like Klitchko??

I know ya all want Arreola to win to see me get enraged..hahahaha..It's not happening though.. yahoo.gif

I don't know blaze I think having an American and exciting power punching HW will be better for the divison than an old boring ass HW well atleast here in the states it should help.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 24 2009, 01:29 AM) *
I don't know blaze I think having an American and exciting power punching HW will be better for the divison than an old boring ass HW well atleast here in the states it should help.

If anyone is seriously considering Nipple to be the answer to America's boxing woes, then it's time to stop comparing Boxing to MMA and start comparing boxing to a rigor-mortised corpse that is in serious need of burial or cremation.

Seriously, if Americans can't get behind a professional fighter with the highest KO% in heavyweight history, who speaks, dresses, and behaves the way a professional fighter should, then what can they get behind? A fat, out-of-shape slob with man-titties is not the fucking answer, and if it is, I gotta wonder long and hard about the mother-fucker asking the goddamn questions.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 24 2009, 12:29 AM) *

I can understand people wanting an American champ but I am more universal..hahaha..It wouldn't bother me who was champ as long as he represented the sport in a good way,came to fight in shape,and had decent skills(I don't want to set too high of standards with skills)..If we had another Joe Louis I couldn't be happier..

I gotta agree with what Warlord was saying..Sounds right to me..Klitchko is professional in and out the ring..I can't take a guy like Arreola or Toney as serious heavyweights..Toney is improving and hopefully he gets back in shape cause I'm a big fan but he wouldn't be a good look as heavyweight champ if hes in such bad condition..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 07:20 PM) *

Judging a boxer because of his fats may not be wise, certainly physical fitness and cardio are very important for a fighter but I pick Arreola to win against Vitali because he is not too technical and he has power to knock out any HW you put in front of him....I'm not concern whether he is an American or Mexican, its just that he brings more excitement in the ring than Vitali...he may be fat...he may be chubby...but hey, I like Charles Barkley too during his days!....
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 24 2009, 12:51 AM) *
Seriously, if Americans can't get behind a professional fighter with the highest KO% in heavyweight history, who speaks, dresses, and behaves the way a professional fighter should, then what can they get behind? A fat, out-of-shape slob with man-titties is not the fucking answer,

Sure he is....if he knocks guys out in spectacular fashion.

Vitali may own the highest KO% ever....but I'd bet most fans remember very few of them. Why is that? Because most of them came via boring jab pounding....with the occasional right.

Personally I don't feel Arreola has a snowball's chance in hell to become the savior of the HW division....BUT....IF...he could KO people (Vitali included) in brutal fashion ala 80's Tyson....he would get Americans interested again...no matter how fat he is.

Vitali and Wlad...no matter how good they are....will never have Americans support them due to their BORING Euro style.

They seem like likable guys, they are always fit, they are skilled....but the way they win IS BORING....people that complained about Lewis can in NO WAY defend these two.

I like the Klits, I respect their ability....but I commit very few of their fights to my library because the chances of me ever setting through them again are slim and none.

Evander says it all in my signature.....and if a fat out of shape Arreola can do that....he would in fact be the answer.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 23 2009, 02:05 AM) *
Klitchko's last fight wasn't that great but styles make fights..Arreola's style is perfect for Klitchko..Anyone coming at Klitchko straight on is gonna get done..Vitali is extremely accurate,I wasn't talking about Wlad..Vitali doesn't waste energy,which is smart..His footwork is very methodical and he knows how to keep his range better than anyone at heavyweight..He WAS injury prone..He took years off to let his body heal up..

If this were 5-6 years ago I would agree with you - BUT - Klitschko is OLD and SLOW. The jab was effective in his last few outings only because he was fighting corpses who were masquerading as professional prize fighters. Peter and Gomez showed no head movement and made the Klit's jab look like Ali's.

The Klit's jab is SLOW and the only reason why he hasn't been eating counter right hands is because of the ineptitude of his last two opponents. If Arreola is in shape and shows some good defense - he should be able to take the Klit's jab away from him with counter right hands...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 24 2009, 02:29 AM) *
Vitali may own the highest KO% ever....but I'd bet most fans remember very few of them. Why is that? Because most of them came via boring jab pounding....with the occasional right.

An even better question is; who has the older Klit ever beat?

Seriously.

I think his best win is against Kirk "Thar' She Blows" Johnson.

The last live body this guy fought was Lennox Lewis, and Chris Byrd before him. Both of those fights ended up putting an "L" on his record.

Klit the Older's KO percentage is a bigger joke than the HW division...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.