Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd ducked Mosley huh?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
namor
Here`s a vid of Floyd calling out a Prime Oscar, Kostya Tzu ,Arturo Gatti and yes Shane Mosley And Floyd at the time was fighting below 147.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45qL6nC_34

Here`s a vid of Shame i mean Shane DUCKING Floyd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uz9qVhLIY0...feature=related

Floyd haters i want you to use every ounce of brain power to try to discredit these vids.I want ya`ll to avoid making a fool of ya`ll selves again.
Keith
V. Klitschko! I am calling you out. See that Namor, I just called someone out, that doesnt actually mean I want to fight them or if the deal is even possible to make, all it means is that I called someone out. Floyd can fight anyone he wants, its been that way for a number of years now because he is that good. It just so happens he only wants to fight old slow guys on there last legs, or fighters moving up out of their division, or in the case of JMM...both. Its pretty lame when you biggest welter win is Zab Judah.
torvix2000
Floyd ducked at least one of the three: Marg, Cotto, Mosley. This is 100% true.
Byrd Man
One of the things that always makes me laugh is when Floyd fans shit on Shane talking about "oh poor baby he had a toothache".

For all those who mock Shane for saying he needed surgery on his tooth, and Floyd moved on, think of this: You have a loose tooth that needs surgery. Are you going to get in the ring with another boxer who's going to be targeting your face?

Give me a fucking break.
namor
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 22 2009, 10:56 PM) *
V. Klitschko! I am calling you out. See that Namor, I just called someone out, that doesnt actually mean I want to fight them or if the deal is even possible to make, all it means is that I called someone out. Floyd can fight anyone he wants, its been that way for a number of years now because he is that good. It just so happens he only wants to fight old slow guys on there last legs, or fighters moving up out of their division, or in the case of JMM...both. Its pretty lame when you biggest welter win is Zab Judah.

Don`give me that b.s.Floyd wanted to fight Mosley since 98,99 and Mosley avoided him,Now that Mosley is looking for a big payday he wants to act like Floyd is ducking him please.He better get in line cause Floyd has bigger money options now.

Fact is ,Shane is the real ducker and ya`ll know it.
torvix2000
The Floyd Mayweather Paradox. He didn't avoid each of the three WW. But 100% he avoided at least one of them.
namor
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Sep 22 2009, 11:10 PM) *
One of the things that always makes me laugh is when Floyd fans shit on Shane talking about "oh poor baby he had a toothache".

For all those who mock Shane for saying he needed surgery on his tooth, and Floyd moved on, think of this: You have a loose tooth that needs surgery. Are you going to get in the ring with another boxer who's going to be targeting your face?

Give me a fucking break.

If he had toothe problems why did he fight Fernando Vargas?You mean to tell me he just happen to have a toothe problem right when Floyd call him out please.You just making yourself look more stupid.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (namor @ Sep 22 2009, 11:23 PM) *
If he had toothe problems why did he fight Fernando Vargas?You mean to tell me he just happen to have a toothe problem right when Floyd call him out please.You just making yourself look more stupid.

What exactly are you looking for here?
provo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 22 2009, 08:08 PM) *

Was asking for mosley for years ! Asked for cotto at 140 ,but arum wouldn't let it happen. Marg wasn't even known at that time so he took baldomir who was the Undisputed welterweight Champ! Yup he ducked them LOL .
Pac ducks black fighters now that's 100 percent true ..LmaO LOL..
namor
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Sep 22 2009, 11:08 PM) *

Floyd called out Cotto when he was at 140,Arum said Cotto was`nt ready.Floyd gave Margarito the opportunity when Judah lost to baldomir cause Floyd wanted to pull out the JUDAH FIGHT CAUSE JUDAH LOST.Margarito could have offered the guy he was about to fight step aside money so he could fight Floyd.This was Margarito chance to be big and he blew it.

And even if Floyd ducked someone who cares,alot of fighters have ducked someone.I did`nt see Cotto fight Paul Williams when
he called Cotto out.
pacco_diablo
We'll see who Floyd fights two fights from now assuming he fights the winner of pacquiao/cotto.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2009, 11:13 PM) *
So in 1999 when Mayweather was at 130 and Mosley was at 147. Mayweather then showed up in Mosley's division in 2005, a whole 6 years after he 'called' him out. Mayweather must have wanted that fight really bad, huh?

floyds wanted that fight since he was 130 lb. champ and mosley was lightweight (135 lb) champ fitz... that is fact...
AussieLad
Mosely supposedly ducked floyd twice

The first time he jumped divisions for a megafight with oscar. It was what floyd would have done, chasing the $$$. Can you blame anyone for that? That fight really put mosely on the map, more than beating pbf would have at that time

2nd time around he couldnt take the fight because his boss oscar was angling for the floyd fight, so he had to come up with some excuse (hence the tooth)

Now that he is free, he is stepping into the ring and getting in floyds face. Floyd immediately starts stammering. I dont believe floyd is terrorfied to fight shane, he just lacks mental composure when he is unexpectedly put on the spot (ie the margarito challenge youtube video where he stuttered and rambled shit about its not about proving who is the best)

When floyd uses disrespecting him as an excuse to avoid the mosely fight, we can ditch all this shane ducked him shit.

Remember, marquez called floyd out. Floyd says he was "compelled" to answer the challenge. Mosely has called floyd out publicly, at a high profile event. Will floyd feel compelled to answer the challenge. I seriously doubt it. He will say that he is waiting for pac, and if pac loses to cotto, floyd will have faced neither pac, cotto or mosely. He will be annointed as number 1 having done nothing in the ring in years to warrant it

Floyd will never fight mosely

Floyd will never fight pac

Best we can hope for is cotto, which is still a good fight
streetlion1
Just face the damn facts.....since becoming a welter Floyd has ducked and dodged Mosley....Cotto....and Margacheato.

People need to get off Money Gays nuts and look at the proof in any interview since becoming a welter Floyd has stuttered...rambled...and gave excuses not to fight people. Hinting retirement when questioned about certain fighters and then fighting ODLH...and no defense havin little Ricky. Now he comes outta retirement to fight a slower blown up...much smaller Marquez. That wasnt even worthy of a tune up fight IMO.

Until he fights a couple of the REAL beasts at 147....fuck Gayweather. He wants none of Shane...he wants none of Cotto....he may fight Pacman only cause hes another smaller opponent with shakey defense and a big name that he can easily dispose of.
jlupi
yeah, shane is known for taking low risk high reward fights like PBFMW unsure.gif

<<<<When floyd uses disrespecting him as an excuse to avoid the mosely fight, we can ditch all this shane ducked him shit.>>>

but he NEEDED to fight marquez BECAUSE the little guy called him out.
Mean Mister Mustard
Namor said:

Then he said:

And even if Floyd ducked someone who cares,alot of fighters have ducked someone

So if Mosley "ducked" Mayweather why are you complaining?

I also wanted to ask you what was the offer that Margarito supposedly blew with Mayweather and do you really think that back in 2004, When Cotto had just been a pro for 4 years, should have taken on Mayweather? Mayweather wanted to fight a fighter who was only a prospect and because he refused he's a ducker?

Big Slim Sweet
Floyd Mayweather is ducking Shane Mosley and has been for years, a fact debated only by fools.

140lb slow ass Hatton says you aren't exciting?
"Make the fuckin' fight."

135lb shopworn JMM says he wants to fight you?
"Careful what you wish for."

147lb just as fast and twice as strong Shane Mosley gets in your face and calls you out on LIVE TV in front of EVERY SINGLE ONE of your DIPSHIT fans?
"That's disrespectful. That shit won't fly. You're off the list."

Excuses, excuses. That's the story of this faggot's career. If it smells like a pussy, and it's wet like a pussy...

Dumbfucks -- How'd it feel to see Floyd stammering like a sissy in the middle of the fucking ring when Shane confronted him? "Respect me as a man." Isn't that what he said? Damn near begging for his life.

Get on ya knees and suck, bitch.

QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 22 2009, 09:56 PM) *
Its pretty lame when you biggest welter win is Zab Judah.

Isn't it though?

What a waste.

What a pussy.
Mandirigma
haha.. floyd will never fight a guy who is bigger than him or a guy on his same size... he will fight small guys that costs millions..
bucktrain
QUOTE (namor @ Sep 22 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Don`give me that b.s.Floyd wanted to fight Mosley since 98,99 and Mosley avoided him,Now that Mosley is looking for a big payday he wants to act like Floyd is ducking him please.He better get in line cause Floyd has bigger money options now.

So exactly who is a bigger payday than Mosley these days other than Pacquiao? Given Mayweathers financial problems he should be happy Mosley still wants to fight him.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mandirigma @ Sep 23 2009, 12:35 PM) *
haha.. floyd will never fight a guy who is bigger than him or a guy on his same size... he will fight small guys that costs millions..

Truth be known,

The last time Floyd fought a natural welterweight or a fighter who could test him was Castillo I, seven years ago.

There is no question that Mayweather is a tremendously talented fighter. But like I said we may never see what could have been because Mayweather does not fight boxers in his natural weight class, boxers who can hurt him. Boxers who can test him.

When any fighter is constantly fighting opponents who are one to two divisions smaller than they are, and don't pack a punch it would make the fighter who is constantly fighting these smaller opponents look pretty good right?

I think BOTH the critics and supports of Mayweather just want to see him fight a prime welterweight to see how he responds, to see how he can handle the pressure of getting hurt and coming back to win. It has to do with Floyd handling adversity in the ring, where the opponent has the proper equal weight and prime abilities that Floyd has.

Floyd has not done this since Castillo I

If he could beat his own division's fighters in their primes or would have fought them, his boasting would mean more and make more sense.

Jack
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (namor @ Sep 22 2009, 11:21 PM) *

Didnt Shane have dates with DLH around that time?? Or is that excuse only convenient for Mayweather to duck Margarito with??
sweetscientist1
This comment about Floyd ducking anybody is entirely inaccurate. There's nobody out there that can beat Floyd so there's nobody to Duck. Fact is, Floyd fights for $$$ and doesn't really care what anybody thinks. Shane the Roidman needs a payday after running from Floyd for 10 years and Manny is owned by Bob Arum who gets 30% of his purse. These are why fights are not made. I can't wait til Floyd meets Manny andonce again beats the living daylights out the media sentimental favorite. Like it or not Floyd is one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport and the record shows this. The people who dispute this are the same people who give Manny credit for beating a dehydrated, sickly De La Hoya. So once again lil wannabe fight Jr, fans your world will be rocked the same Floyd will rock Manny.
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 23 2009, 02:55 PM) *
Truth be known,

The last time Floyd fought a natural welterweight or a fighter who could test him was Castillo I, seven years ago.

There is no question that Mayweather is a tremendously talented fighter. But like I said we may never see what could have been because Mayweather does not fight boxers in his natural weight class, boxers who can hurt him. Boxers who can test him.

When any fighter is constantly fighting opponents who are one to two divisions smaller than they are, and don't pack a punch it would make the fighter who is constantly fighting these smaller opponents look pretty good right?

I think BOTH the critics and supports of Mayweather just want to see him fight a prime welterweight to see how he responds, to see how he can handle the pressure of getting hurt and coming back to win. It has to do with Floyd handling adversity in the ring, where the opponent has the proper equal weight and prime abilities that Floyd has.

Floyd has not done this since Castillo I

If he could beat his own division's fighters in their primes or would have fought them, his boasting would mean more and make more sense.

Jack

jlupi
Floyd is def a great fighter. But if he wants to be a WW and be remembered as an all time great one he needs to fight top WW not top LW. There are good fighters at WW fight them and prove that your the best. Thats all anyone wants.

I agree that his last fight against a top fighter his weight was 7 yrs ago. Ill give him DLHYA because of the money involved (and he won that by the skin of his teeth) The others would be fine too if you mixed in an occasional guy that anyone thought could give him a fight.
JD
The only reason Mosley - Mayweather would not happen?

Mayweather.

The small welterweight bullshit doesn't fly anymore when you can't make 140, let alone 144.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 23 2009, 02:35 PM) *
This comment about Floyd ducking anybody is entirely inaccurate. There's nobody out there that can beat Floyd so there's nobody to Duck. Fact is, Floyd fights for $$$ and doesn't really care what anybody thinks. Shane the Roidman needs a payday after running from Floyd for 10 years and Manny is owned by Bob Arum who gets 30% of his purse. These are why fights are not made. I can't wait til Floyd meets Manny andonce again beats the living daylights out the media sentimental favorite. Like it or not Floyd is one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport and the record shows this. The people who dispute this are the same people who give Manny credit for beating a dehydrated, sickly De La Hoya. So once again lil wannabe fight Jr, fans your world will be rocked the same Floyd will rock Manny.

lol, spoken like a true 1st poster.
darroy
QUOTE (namor @ Sep 22 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Here`s a vid of Floyd calling out a Prime Oscar, Kostya Tzu ,Arturo Gatti and yes Shane Mosley And Floyd at the time was fighting below 147.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45qL6nC_34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uz9qVhLIY0...feature=related

Floyd haters i want you to use every ounce of brain power to try to discredit these vids.I want ya`ll to avoid making a fool of ya`ll selves again.

if he's called out all these fighters and is sincere in wanting to fight then they why hasn't he? i also remember floyd calling out winky wright then fighting sharmba mitchell instead. of all the names you bring up he fought the two who posed the least threat. a past his prime oscar (who still gave floyd trouble) and gatti.
darroy
imagine ali's career without frazier, foreman, norton, liston. or ray robinson w/o fullmer, lamotta, basilio, gavilan. or ray leonard, hearns, duran, and hagler not fighting each other. what those fighters did is what floyd isn't doing. to be great you take risks and venture into the unknown not go around picking the easiest fights for the most money. floyd's a terrific talent but until he truly tests himself and stops searching for excuses not to fight dangerous opponents i'm a skeptic. i hope he grows some balls and excepts a challenge from a fighter actually capable of beating him. i have a feeling if ricky hatton calls floyd out again floyd would answer that call in a heartbeat!
King Eugene
Floyd needs to go ahead and fight Shane, whip him, and talk shit to him while he's whipping him for 12 rounds. Dont even try to go for the knockout, just go for the embarrassment. Pull and Ali on his ass........Whats my name boy! I like Shane but damn I hope he get his ass whipped for pulling that stunt...Bernard too.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 24 2009, 01:18 AM) *
For pulling that stunt? What are you? A girl? This has happened countless times in boxing. Mosley wasn't even there talking shit, he went up there spoke to him, shook his hand and asked for the fight to happen, then Hopkins put him on the spot and then Mayweather curled into his shell and went defensive.
Acting like he went up there and started calling him every name in the book.

Yes its happen countless of times but I still didn't like it. Call me what you want...hell if I care. Calling him out at the post fight press conference would have been better. And as everyone can see he's still weak minded or just dont know how to sell himself cause he is still letting another MF(Bernard) influence him and his decision making. Bernard was like a big brother trying to get his little brother to start a fight only to get his ass whipped.

Dont get me wrong, I like that he did it because I think it will sway more casual fans to want to see that fight instead of the Manny fight but would have rather seen it at the post fight press conference instead of right after the fight during his interview. And for the record I didn't see Floyd backing down or getting defensive, he invited Shane over and shook his hand. But hey I'm sure everybody viewed it differently depending on their feelings toward each fighter so no need in arguing that.
King Eugene
Mosley wouldn't have went in that damn ring had it not been for Bernard talking him up. Shane has never done anything of any sort. That was Bernard's doing. Just look at his track record for controversy.

And how do you figure you put me on the spot? I said I liked Shane as a fighter but not the stunt he pulled. How is that talking all over the place and not making sense?

Hell Tyson fought a lot of good fighters but he was still weak minded so whats your point? When did Floyd say no during that whole conversation
Waybetter
Shane should stop...
he ant that great...
its funny how he beat margirito....
and loss to cotto...
and for the record...cotto could of beat margirto...the fight was tied till the knock out..
mosely bad mouthing mayweather for fighting marquez..
so y he cant bad mouth his partner for fighting pacman..lol
all mosely want is a money fight...
he had a chance to fight floyd in the past...and declined the fight...watch after the varges v. mosely 2
but floyd is not goin to make his arch rival the biggest money fight of his carear...
i dont see nobody bitchin at ricky hatton when he decline to fight junior witter...lol
and for the record...anybody that thinks shane will beat floyd is stupid...
to stiff...open for shots...and he ant that quick....mosely gets stressed when he gets hit...
mosely have big problems against defensive fighters...
watch the 2 winky fights...lol
shit pacman will beat the crap out of shane...
so shane should stop talkin...because he ant goin to fight floyd...
and if he do wopp ass..
he has no chance to fight pacman...thats prolly 3 fights down the road...
so if he wants to fight that bad...he should sign to fight clottey...
but clottey might even get in his ass
fight berto, shane....thats the only win your prolly going to get
streetlion1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 24 2009, 12:31 AM) *
Yes its happen countless of times but I still didn't like it. Call me what you want...hell if I care. Calling him out at the post fight press conference would have been better. And as everyone can see he's still weak minded or just dont know how to sell himself cause he is still letting another MF(Bernard) influence him and his decision making. Bernard was like a big brother trying to get his little brother to start a fight only to get his ass whipped.

Dont get me wrong, I like that he did it because I think it will sway more casual fans to want to see that fight instead of the Manny fight but would have rather seen it at the post fight press conference instead of right after the fight during his interview. And for the record I didn't see Floyd backing down or getting defensive, he invited Shane over and shook his hand. But hey I'm sure everybody viewed it differently depending on their feelings toward each fighter so no need in arguing that.

Fuck Gayweather...he has been talking shit the past few months in interviews saying Mosley isnt a big enough name....hes not a ppv attraction...he doesnt deserve his past victories cause he was on steroids and all that shit....so when he found himself face to face with Floyd he called the pussy out in front of the boxing world so everyone knows.

B-Hop was just reinforcing to Gayweather what alot of other people are saying....Floyd needs to fight a real welterwieght and stop ducking and dodging fighting these little guys. Shane would whoop Floyds ass! Whats Floyd gonna do...go on the offensive against Shane Mosley?! I doubt it...he would run all night...get bullied around the ring take punishment and lose a decision if he doesnt get stopped. Gayweather is hoping for dear life that Pacman wins so he doesnt have to fight a real welter.
MarzB
Take this for what it's worth but plenty of things are said, implied, on here without substantiation so whatever.

I was talking to a guy back home who mentioned that Mosley and Floyd have indeed had a sparring session(s) back in the mid 90's when Floyd was a still an amateur and just turning pro. The word is Floyd got the better of him in those sessions.

Again take that for what it's worth and it's a long time ago but just thought I'd add it. Personally I want this fight but I KNOW Shane is clamoring for it because of his divorce and he needs the money much more than mayweather.

Back to the sparring story, most of these legends indeed turn out to be true.

Spadafora vs. Floyd, Pryor vs. Leonard, Williams vs. Margarito, Valero vs. Oscar, Quincy Taylor vs. Ray Leonard, Judah vs. Floyd all were sparring session that did indeed occur where there were stories surrounding it.

No I'm not saying this means Floyd beats Shane but what kills me is this. Floyd can't get a tuneup fight but most of all doesn't this fight DESERVE the luxury of having a full blown promotion behind it?? Gesh, if people can be patient and rid themselves of their double standards, we'll definitely see this fight take place.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 24 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Personally I want this fight but I KNOW Shane is clamoring for it because of his divorce and he needs the money much more than mayweather.

You're not the first to make this claim but since I see it here now I just want to address it.

Shane Mosley whatever you think of him is a throwback fighter. I truly believes that while, yes, he wants to get paid, he really and truly wants to fight Floyd at this point more because he wants to prove that he's the better fighter. Period. The money in this instance is secondary to him. If anything, the money comes more into play with the way he hopes he'll get paid after he beats Floyd.

Mosley took 4 million to fight Winky rather than 10 million to rematch Oscar for a third time. He is not about the money the way guys like Floyd and Pacman are. He shouldn't get lumped in with them in this respect.
MarzB
I can agree with that save for the throwback stuff but thats a matter of opinion.
Big Slim Sweet
I meant throwback more in the sense of wanting to prove himself as the best rather than wanting to make the most money for the least risk and then bounce.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 23 2009, 05:35 PM) *

It's easy to spew profainity laced ignorance but than again how many times have you set ringside at Vegas? Howabout never. By the way, when Floyd beat De La Hoya (a true Welter weight) Oscar actually had skill left. Manny fought a guy who shouldn't have been in the ring that night. Also, remember Floyd has moved up many weight classes since he became a pro. And called out Mosely in 98, 03 05 & 07. So either you can't afford to buy the fights on cable or you haven't seen them which is most likely the case. Be a man and start to study the sweet science. Start by taking your sorry weak ass to the gym and learn how to throw a combination. Then, go back and look at Floyds game film in any of his fights. Any of them and you'll see how truly ignorant you are. This may give you a little bit better understanding of why you're broke and on the internet blogging all day. By the way, GET A JOB. You shouldn't be living with Mom's at 30.
Byrd Man
Dude you just quoted yourself, and talked shit to yourself. Are you schizo or something?
Keith
Byrd, you beat me to it. LMAO. I cant handle that shit. I think i just pissed myself.
Byrd Man
lol
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 24 2009, 06:48 PM) *
What's the deal with the increase in terrible posters lately?

New Floyd Fight occurs around the same time a bunch of new posters show up spouting nonsense.

coincidence?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.