Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is It Fair For Pacquiao To Demand Bigger Purse Share Against Mayweather Jr.?...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
dominicbuilder9k1
There were some pronouncements from Mayweather Jr's camp (even before the Marquez fight) that a 50-50 purse fight with Pacquiao is not possible....

Pacquiao's camp made a definite reply however that it is definitely not a 50-50 (from Arum's words) Pacquiao will get a bigger share since he is the no. 1 P4P title holder....Wooooahhhh!....Purse is the no.1 hindrance...

Latest news about Mayweather Jr's Tax debts should drive him to make this Pacquiao fight a reality, simply because it means more money for him (not necessarily bigger share of the purse) because Pacquiao will attract more boxing fans than him (my honest opinion)...Filipinos and Mexicans as well as majority of the Puerto Ricans and hundred of thousands of Americans with all the British boxing fans will want to see how Pacquiao will do his thing against the no.1 DEFENSIVE BOXER in the world!.....but...only if he get fast Cotto!...

Somebody told me the AFRICANS is watching Pacquiao as well. My quetion is: Is it fair for Pacquiao to demand a bigger share of the purse against Mayweather Jr.?...
leonthegee
why should pacquiao get a 50/50 share. they both fought the same fighters for their last two fights and mayweather numbers were better both times. pacquiao doesnt deserve a bigger share. it's mayweathers legacy on the line not pacquiaos.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 22 2009, 07:50 PM) *
why should pacquiao get a 50/50 share. they both fought the same fighters for their last two fights and mayweather numbers were better both times. pacquiao doesnt deserve a bigger share. it's mayweathers legacy on the line not pacquiaos.

You got a point there...but its not totally correct...... especially if Pacquiao get fast Cotto...its Mosley and Cotto and Williams which Mayweather Jr had been avoiding to fight...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 06:50 AM) *
it's mayweathers legacy on the line not pacquiaos.

Fuck you are a idiot. What the fuck does legacy have to do with anything when it comes to getting paid? So if Pac vs Mayweather does indeed come off it is only Mayweather that has anything to lose & only his legacy at risk?
JLUVBABY
i think what needs to happen in a fight like this one and most others is a 60/40 type pot to the winner of the fight plus all the rights to the ppv percentage... that gives incentive for fighters to push that extra mile to get the job done and not pull a buster douglas... but again some are pushing the the line on this fight a little... i dont think pac is gonna get past cotto... pac has to get by cotto before this convo becomes anywheres near relavant....
Yucayeke
The funny shit is that everyone seems to be bypassing Cotto. there is NO guarantee that Manny will beat Junito. None! That by the way will be a fight. None of the Floyd gaywether shit. Both of these guys will come to bang.

The CEO
^^^

Cotto is definitely being overlooked.

Things are getting better and better for Cotto...while the negative shit keeps piling up against Pacquiao.
leonthegee
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 22 2009, 11:05 PM) *
You got a point there...but its not totally correct...... especially if Pacquiao get fast Cotto...its Mosley and Cotto and Williams which Mayweather Jr had been avoiding to fight...

why shoh uld floyd of fought p will two years ago after he lost to carlos quintana? cottos with top rank so that fight aint happening and mosley was at 154 were do people get all this avoiding shit from? floyd called out mosley plenty of times. mosleys the bitch that was hiding at 154 fighting has beens like vargas and myaorga. floyd loves money and mosley is a money fight so why would avoid it, especially since that fight is bigger now than it was 2 yrs ago. when u break down mosleys record he hasnt beaten anybody of any quality since de la hoya (except ofcourse margarito who i think is the worlds biggest scrub but he was the champ so ill give him credit for that). he lost to cotto and winky right 2x.
gbh32001
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 01:50 PM) *
Last two fights?Are you kidding kid?Last two fights of Floyd are Hatton and JMM, while Pac are Oscar and Hatton, whom Floyd fought for his last three outing. Pac made this 2 look like a fool while Floyd less impressive than the latter. Mayweather as good as he is, he does not have the heart of a champion. He's a cheater, coward asshole. Floyd will never in thesame ring again with a real welterweight, believe me, you can tell it in his face when Mosley challenge him and his lower lip already shivering.
leonthegee
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 23 2009, 06:29 AM) *
Last two fights?Are you kidding kid?Last two fights of Floyd are Hatton and JMM, while Pac are Oscar and Hatton, whom Floyd fought for his last three outing. Pac made this 2 look like a fool while Floyd less impressive than the latter. Mayweather as good as he is, he does not have the heart of a champion. He's a cheater, coward asshole. Floyd will never in thesame ring again with a real welterweight, believe me, you can tell it in his face when Mosley challenge him and his lower lip already shivering.

stats dont lie the both faced hatton and oscar. floyds numbers were better in both fights period and im sure that the marquez numbers will be better as well, seeing that marquez/pacquiao did only 450,000. so that would be 3 fights with the same oppenents with floyds numbers being better in all 3 fights. so how can pacquiao demand a higher purse? pacquiao might have the higher fan base but since the people in the philipines are not ordering ppv that argument doesnt have much merit. floyds numbers are better and that point cant be argued, rebutted, or any other lame point that you pactards will try and make.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 23 2009, 01:53 AM) *
Fuck you are a idiot. What the fuck does legacy have to do with anything when it comes to getting paid? So if Pac vs Mayweather does indeed come off it is only Mayweather that has anything to lose & only his legacy at risk?

floyds the one taking all the risk in the fight. if manny gets his ass kicked no harm done hell go back to doing what ever it is he does everyone would be expecting that. but if floyd looses that shit is front page news in every newspaper in the world. it's sad but true. floyds numbers are better. i figured a stupid hick from down under like you could at least admit that and give him credit for that. but no your so blinded by your hate for this man you cant even admit the obvious. and i read all your post too and you seem to know your business except when it comes to floyd. what the fuck did floyd fuck your wife or something?
singletrack
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 23 2009, 01:38 AM) *
My quetion is: Is it fair for Pacquiao to demand a bigger share of the purse against Mayweather Jr.?...

Not right now. If Pacman blows out Cotto, then yes. Shit, at that point, he would have more "real" welterweight wins than Floyd.
leonthegee
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 09:09 AM) *
Not right now. If Pacman blows out Cotto, then yes. Shit, at that point, he would have more "real" welterweight wins than Floyd.

it's about the numbers bro. if pacquiao/ cotto cant do better number than marquez/mayweather, with marquez/mayweather going head to head against the ufc, bob arum and pacquiao wont have a leg to stand on.
singletrack
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 04:37 PM) *
it's about the numbers bro. if pacquiao/ cotto cant do better number than marquez/mayweather, with marquez/mayweather going head to head against the ufc, bob arum and pacquiao wont have a leg to stand on.

...and do you really think that will be the case? I certainly do not.
leonthegee
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 02:18 PM) *
...and do you really think that will be the case? I certainly do not.

i dont know im a mayweather fan and im ordering it. i order all of the big fights because i dont care about that shit. neither one is feeding me so im ordering it cause i want to see a good fight.
gbh32001
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 09:59 PM) *
stats dont lie the both faced hatton and oscar. floyds numbers were better in both fights period and im sure that the marquez numbers will be better as well, seeing that marquez/pacquiao did only 450,000. so that would be 3 fights with the same oppenents with floyds numbers being better in all 3 fights. so how can pacquiao demand a higher purse? pacquiao might have the higher fan base but since the people in the philipines are not ordering ppv that argument doesnt have much merit. floyds numbers are better and that point cant be argued, rebutted, or any other lame point that you pactards will try and make.
In the negotiation table kid, your card for the past fight will not only guarantee you the leverage but it's how you need the fight. All road ends up to Money Pacquiao if he get past Cotto. And believe me, Manny will not settle below 52%against Floyd. Floyd is in dept shit because of his tax lienses and other debt left and right. If Manny is gracious to him he is lucky to get 45%. Floyd has no choice if he thinks for money, only Manny can give him the highest purse.
provo
Fuck it 50/50 if it goes to decision, winner by knockout gets 60 percent ,therfore we could see floyd knock pac out!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 23 2009, 05:45 PM) *
In the negotiation table kid, your card for the past fight will not only guarantee you the leverage but it's how you need the fight. All road ends up to Money Pacquiao if he get past Cotto. And believe me, Manny will not settle below 52%against Floyd. Floyd is in dept shit because of his tax lienses and other debt left and right. If Manny is gracious to him he is lucky to get 45%. Floyd has no choice if he thinks for money, only Manny can give him the highest purse.

it was reported to day that a huge portion of his check for the fight was used to settle his irs debt... lil floyd is in the clear...
leonthegee
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 23 2009, 03:45 PM) *

please stop pretending to be floyds accountant. do u know much money u have to make to owe 6 million in taxes? im sure it's alot. u act like floyds poor or something. if pacquiao doesnt fight floyd whos he going to fight next, assuming he gets past cotto and im saying he will? he doesnt wanna fight shane. i dont think he would risk a fight with bradley. so if not floyd who else? the ww division is stacked floyd can fight any number of people.
gbh32001
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 24 2009, 07:05 AM) *
please stop pretending to be floyds accountant. do u know much money u have to make to owe 6 million in taxes? im sure it's alot. u act like floyds poor or something. if pacquiao doesnt fight floyd whos he going to fight next, assuming he gets past cotto and im saying he will? he doesnt wanna fight shane. i dont think he would risk a fight with bradley. so if not floyd who else? the ww division is stacked floyd can fight any number of people.
The question is, does Floyd has the guts to face those welterweights with half less than what he can earn fighting The Pacquiao?Floyd has no choice. Pacman can fight Margacheato, Mosley and other contender out there because he got balls in there. Did you watch the ice age cartoon movie?That's how Floyd loved his 0.LoL!
gbh32001
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 24 2009, 06:56 AM) *
it was reported to day that a huge portion of his check for the fight was used to settle his irs debt... lil floyd is in the clear...
Yes for now, but at the end of the year he need to settle again his tax from what he earned for the JMM match. Floyd can get away with it if he continues to win, one loss will burry him 6 feet below the poorest.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 12:09 PM) *

That is a complete joke from someone who knows nothing about the sport. I wish you amateur fight fans would actually lace up the the gloves and learn something about the sport. It seems you have the fight knowledge of someone who's been watching the sport for 10 minutes. Manny has nowhere near Mayweather skill and if that's not blatantly obvious to you, than get another hobby.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 23 2009, 06:55 PM) *
Fuck it 50/50 if it goes to decision, winner by knockout gets 60 percent ,therfore we could see floyd knock pac out!

I see you know about as much about finance as you do about boxing.NOTHING!!
rusty_trombone
floyd has options, he won't let manny hold his feet to the fire.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 01:59 PM) *

This PPV argument are the #'s you talking about North American #'s or worldwide #'s? You also left out the GFC which had a signifigant impact on peoples spending power by the time the Pac fights came around.
leonthegee
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 23 2009, 05:01 PM) *
The question is, does Floyd has the guts to face those welterweights with half less than what he can earn fighting The Pacquiao?Floyd has no choice. Pacman can fight Margacheato, Mosley and other contender out there because he got balls in there. Did you watch the ice age cartoon movie?That's how Floyd loved his 0.LoL!

freddy roach made it pretty clear that they dont wanna fight mosley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.