Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto Dethroned by Mayweather Jr In The New P4P Rankings
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I gave Mayweather jr 12 rounds, Marquez NOTHING!!!....But do you think Mayweather jr's achievement in winning against Marquez a logical fair judgment to replace Cotto in the P4P rankings?....Can you justify the Ring Magazine's new P4P rankings re Cotto demoted!...
leonthegee
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 22 2009, 10:52 PM) *
I gave Mayweather jr 12 rounds, Marquez NOTHING!!!....But do you think Mayweather jr's achievement in winning against Marquez a logical fair judgment to replace Cotto in the P4P rankings?....Can you justify the Ring Magazine's new P4P rankings re Cotto demoted!...

those rankings are shit. they have cotto ranked ahead of margarito and margarito kicked his ass.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 22 2009, 07:59 PM) *
those rankings are shit. they have cotto ranked ahead of margarito and margarito kicked his ass.

Wooooahhhh!.... LOL...YOU GOT A POINT THERE!....
Vodoo
To be fair Margarito gets penalized for a lack of activity even if it is a suspension. So seeing as how he bought it on himself I have no problem with Cotto being over him, especially since his win is tainted in the first place.

As for PBF getting the number one spot, fuck no that shit ain't right. First of all how can you justify giving Floyd a higher spot than Cotto based on what he did in a fucking tuneup? Cotto just went life and death with a great offensive fighter who was bigger and stronger and he pulled out the win. Floyd comes in fights a guy 2 divisions smaller than him and leaves the ring without barely getting hit the whole night and they fucking put him over Cotto?

I think this is based on Cotto struggling against Clottey, but I think anyone would struggle against Clottey, he's a great offensive fighter. Hell Floyd won't even fight guys who are threat to him. When the shit hits the fan you have Cotto fighting every big challenge and you have Floyd hiding behind his big pockets. And what does Ring Magazine do? They're gonna reward Floyd, and destroy Cotto.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 12:59 AM) *

you are not serious are you?
yuca
I think they are just following GBP's orders.
The CEO
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 23 2009, 07:57 AM) *
I think they are just following GBP's orders.

I think so too...

The Ring is shit. Been shit for years. Got even shittier when GBP acquired it....
leonthegee
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 02:19 AM) *
you are not serious are you?

so margarito didnt kick cottos ass what fight were you watching buddy?
singletrack
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Sep 23 2009, 01:52 AM) *

I don't care personally. It's all coming to a head because Floyd will likely have to face Cotto or Mosley. The only potential issue would be if he fights Pac then retires again. At which point, I would lose all respect for him and begin calling him by retarded names like everyone else. The only guys that can beat PBF at Welter are Cotto, Mosley, and Paul Williams. Since everyone pretends Paul Williams doesn't exist, that leaves just Shane and Miguel. An in shape Pacman will give him a better fight than Marquez, but I still see PBF busting him up badly.

I think Cotto is going to beat up Pac, so if Floyd doesn't fight Mosley or Cotto at that point, he is going to look like a bitch.

Personally, I don't think Pacman is the #1 p4p. He is probably the most exciting fighter in boxing, but I don't think he is the best. I think Floyd beats his ass badly, but without that taking place, how do you rank them?

Shit, Hatton was up there for how long? The list is a joke.
singletrack
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 10:13 AM) *

I'll state the obvious - most people think that Margarita used plaster and would have lost badly on pts if that were not the case. Cotto dominated the early rounds, and it wasn't until the late-middle of the fight that everything began to change.

Personally, I'd like to see Cotto fight Antonia again, but not until after he gets a shot at PBF.
leonthegee
QUOTE (singletrack @ Sep 23 2009, 09:04 AM) *
I don't care personally. It's all coming to a head because Floyd will likely have to face Cotto or Mosley. The only potential issue would be if he fights Pac then retires again. At which point, I would lose all respect for him and begin calling him by retarded names like everyone else. The only guys that can beat PBF at Welter are Cotto, Mosley, and Paul Williams. Since everyone pretends Paul Williams doesn't exist, that leaves just Shane and Miguel. An in shape Pacman will give him a better fight than Marquez, but I still see PBF busting him up badly.

I think Cotto is going to beat up Pac, so if Floyd doesn't fight Mosley or Cotto at that point, he is going to look like a bitch.

Personally, I don't think Pacman is the #1 p4p. He is probably the most exciting fighter in boxing, but I don't think he is the best. I think Floyd beats his ass badly, but without that taking place, how do you rank them?

Shit, Hatton was up there for how long? The list is a joke.

i dont get why everybody still brings up paul williams hes been fighting at 160 for the past year. hes got his title shot at 160 no one even knows if he can still make 147 anymore. hes getting older and hes like 6'2. i swear i think people just be throwing his name in there just to throw it. as far as im concerned hes a middleweight unless u expect floyd to move up to middle and challenge.
iron_mike
There's a new Ring out? Only one I see is Pac, Wlad and Juanma on the cover...where do they place Floyd and Cotto?
singletrack
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 12:11 PM) *
i dont get why everybody still brings up paul williams hes been fighting at 160 for the past year. hes got his title shot at 160 no one even knows if he can still make 147 anymore. hes getting older and hes like 6'2. i swear i think people just be throwing his name in there just to throw it. as far as im concerned hes a middleweight unless u expect floyd to move up to middle and challenge.

I agree, and almost made this exact same post on another thread. Plus, even if he could make 147, no one is going to fight him anyway.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 09:13 AM) *

margacheato was fully casted for that fight buddy... its not like i can prove it but if he casted up for mosely he was casted for cotto... its not like all of a sudden his corner says ok lets try something new... a little plaster of paris... they been doing it... his punches where less effective.. thats where that knock out punch was coming from, i want to say paul williams even said it seemed marg. was punching harder later in the fight.. that shit was drying and setting in place... if you count that sham as a legit loss for cotto after the fact then thats your opinion i suppose but i dont count that fight... lets see him fight and beat cotto again....
leonthegee
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 03:39 PM) *
margacheato was fully casted for that fight buddy... its not like i can prove it but if he casted up for mosely he was casted for cotto... its not like all of a sudden his corner says ok lets try something new... a little plaster of paris... they been doing it... his punches where less effective.. thats where that knock out punch was coming from, i want to say paul williams even said it seemed marg. was punching harder later in the fight.. that shit was drying and setting in place... if you count that sham as a legit loss for cotto after the fact then thats your opinion i suppose but i dont count that fight... lets see him fight and beat cotto again....

cottos trainer dropped the ball. he should of never fired his uncle.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 23 2009, 06:34 PM) *
cottos trainer dropped the ball. he should of never fired his uncle.

i agree... moselys corner naseem richardson is a seasoned corner man... i dont think cotto had a team member in the marg. dressing room during the taping of the hands of marg and that is a right of the opposing fighter... wasnt his hands already wrapped by time naseem got there and he demanded they rewrap the hands?... i want to say thats how they got busted... i could be wrong...
gbh32001
Cotto has the better resume than all the welterweight's combined. I don't have problem even if they put Floyd at number 1 Lb4Lb, but if they rank him over Cotto in the welterweight division, that's BS. Cotto deserved the top guy in the WW. Floyd?He needs to beat atleast one of these(Cotto, Mosley,Margacheato)to be in the top 5.
pacquiaofan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 06:39 PM) *

Your exactly right, buddy. MargaCHEATINGBITCHo was caught RED-HANDED cheating with plaster casting in his wraps. HE FUCKING BLOWS. All he did was push forward and hit people with his brick casted hands, NO SKILL. NO DEFENSE. He should be banned from professional boxing for the rest of his life, he is a DISGRACE to the sport of boxing. Don't rank this turd. He only beat Cotto because of his cheating advantage. Cotto looked beautiful in there, slipping punches but he couldn't slip all of them.
Any way, why would PBF be shot up in the ranks for fighting a SMALLER MAN??? Oh wow mayweather is back, lets all suck his balls. Pacman has moved UP in weight, and beat BIGGER guys, when everyone thought he would get smashed. And he slaughtered them, DLH and Hatton. If PBF was so good, he would have returned with a Cotto or Mosely fight, both who have been on top of their games, but he calculated everything by taking a smaller man who his team was confident they could beat. He has never been a big risk taker.
Ranking, I've got Pac # 1, then PBF, Hopkins, cotto, mosely, and honestly i havent been watching the marquez's, vazquez, donaire, cabellero, but i know calzaghe and that dude named "the ghost" should be in there in top 20.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.