Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Hopkins II (almost set)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
MarzB
It's on the front page and thanks Hype for confirming this. Multiple sources are quoting your interview.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/9/23/10512...-about-fighting

There was a poll posted I believe on Yahoo as to who you'd like to see Bernard fight and overwhelmingly it was Roy Jones over Adamek and Dawson (should he beat Johnson).

What I like best is Roy isn't giving up the fight with Danny Green and they're talking about February (although I'll believe that when I see it). 50/50 and 60/40 to the winner should it not go to distance?? Very fair and very surprised Bernard agreed to those terms.

The last time this was supposed to be done was after Taylor II and then Hopkins went to Tarver so I've seen this go awry before. But hopefully this gets nailed down and Roy doesn't lose to Danny Green (boy how that would mess up things).
streetlion1
This is actually I feel the safest fight for B-Hop if he wants to ensure himself a win for his retirement fight. RJJ has alot of people thinking he is "back" and more like his old self....based on a fight against Jeff Lacey?! I think the 24/7 would be great...and the buy numbers wont do nearly as bad as everyone thinks. One thing for sure is that RJJ should make it entertaining at the beginning until Bernard settles in and takes over.

Overall I would rather B-Hop beat another young fighter in dominating fashion by beating Dawson...but fighting Dawson is a big risk....and who cares about Adamak..who Dawson beat. So its Jones....I look for B-Hop to dominate the fight thoroughly and trying to stop Roy towards the end but not being able to.....probably a fight with alot of excitement and a few moments at the beginning then turning into a RJJ run fest.
getup
I can't imagine HBO/GBP agreeing to let Roy fight a month before the Hopkins fight. There's risk for injury, etc.

If they do, Roy's keeping up a hell of a pace (4 fights in 10 months) at nearly 41 yrs old. Maybe Bernard wants Roy to burn out, lol!
getup

Wonder what weight they'll agree to fight at? Assuming it's 175, then Roy won't go heavy to fight Danny.....so it would be interesting to see because Greene may come in 190lbs+ which would make things very interesting.
singletrack
I want to see this fight, and I don't think it will be a walk in the park for BHOP.
D-MARV
Adamek would have been the easiest win for Hopkins. Dawson would be his toughest challenge. I favor him over Roy, but Jones would still give Hopkins problems with his quick hands.
yuca
I like the idea that they are fighting, most likely this is going to be PPV...hopefully we get a stacked undercard...maybe Marquez/Hatton
The CEO
I don't know why....but I'm pretty damn interested with what's gonna happen with all of this...maybe it's because there's a good possiblility of press conference/weigh-in altercations...lol...I don't know....
iron_mike
QUOTE (yuca @ Sep 23 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I like the idea that they are fighting, most likely this is going to be PPV...hopefully we get a stacked undercard...maybe Marquez/Hatton

Wow, if this happens, 2 of the biggest names would be resorted to undercards...
D-MARV
I hope this fight comes off.

If Roy pulls it off, would he be ranked over Hopkins on the ALL time list?
Method
I think the 24/7 would be great...

Unfortunately, with Roy fighting in December, it would leave very LITTLE, if any, time for a 4 part 24/7, which would be great for this matchup.

I would stuill rather see BHOP fight Dawson, but whatever.

Given the history of this matchup, it wouldnt surprise me in the LEAST for Roy to lose to Green so that this fight don't happen.

Roy was asked about that over at B-Talk, and Roy replied that even if he loses to Green it shouldnt hurt the fight w Ex, but let me tell you something - it sure as shit WOULD!
D-MARV
If Roy loses to Green, then this fight is OFF. I wish Roy would just say Fuck Green but there's a lot of money in that fight apparently.
yuca
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Sep 23 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Wow, if this happens, 2 of the biggest names would be resorted to undercards...

It's all just wishful thinking, but since they are both coming off loses...
getup
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 23 2009, 02:39 PM) *
Roy was asked about that over at B-Talk, and Roy replied that even if he loses to Green it shouldnt hurt the fight w Ex, but let me tell you something - it sure as shit WOULD!

I agree....like I said you also have to consider risk of injury, etc.

Wondering if HBO will coax Roy out of fighting in Australia, but problem is he reportedly stands to make $5 million plus ppv (aussie cable) upside to fight Danny.

If this comes to fruition they gotta do 24/7 for this somehow, even if it's just a 3 part series....it would be so hype with these two.
JLUVBABY
i think roy busts him up again...
Douchebag
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 06:34 PM) *

I don't like going against old B-Hop, BUT (on pure instinct) I think you're right.
salvador
As much as I think that Dawson is a much better test for Hopkins (and a much much cooler guy to close his career out on), I'd rather see Hopkins-Jones. Hopkins has earned an easy fight to close his career on.

xxxxxx
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 23 2009, 01:37 PM) *
I hope this fight comes off.

If Roy pulls it off, would he be ranked over Hopkins on the ALL time list?

Whoever wins this fight would have the greater legacy over the other in my opinion. It's that close.
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Great....but he didn't "bust him up" the first go-round.
rusty_trombone
To be honest, there is just to many built in excuses for either fighter with this fight at this point in their careers. It's great that they're finally fighting, but I don't think it really means anything. And I'm sure the promotion of the fight will be way more entertaining than the fight.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 23 2009, 01:58 PM) *
I don't know why....but I'm pretty damn interested with what's gonna happen with all of this...maybe it's because there's a good possiblility of press conference/weigh-in altercations...lol...I don't know....

yeah, that will definitely be better than the fight
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 23 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Great....but he didn't "bust him up" the first go-round.

well its not like hopkins made it very close either... roy didnt do him like other fighters but hopkins wasnt anywhere close to winning that fight... and like we have discussed before you have your opinion and i have mine but roy more than likely fought him with one arm to boot... roy gets in his ass prison style again..
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 08:03 PM) *
well its not like hopkins made it very close either... roy didnt do him like other fighters but hopkins wasnt anywhere close to winning that fight... and like we have discussed before you have your opinion and i have mine but roy more than likely fought him with one arm to boot... roy gets in his ass prison style again..

More than likely fought with one hand based on what? What roy is telling you? OK. That fight was a competitive fight. You said Roy "Busted him up", but, once again, you crawfish, put your foot in your mouth, and say, "well, it's not like it was close". Just shut the fuck up with your baseless bullshit and you'll be alright.
Method
To be honest, there is just to many built in excuses for either fighter with this fight at this point in their careers. It's great that they're finally fighting, but I don't think it really means anything. And I'm sure the promotion of the fight will be way more entertaining than the fight.

The promotion (and 24/7) would be off the hook, but it wont be if Roy has to prep for Green, because that fight will interfere with all the promotion and any filming. I wouldn't be surprised of GBP or Team Hopkins didn't walk if Roy goes through w Green. There's a lot at risk for them waiting around to see if RJ comes through unscathed, let alone victorious.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 23 2009, 07:40 PM) *
More than likely fought with one hand based on what? What roy is telling you? OK. That fight was a competitive fight. You said Roy "Busted him up", but, once again, you crawfish, put your foot in your mouth, and say, "well, it's not like it was close". Just shut the fuck up with your baseless bullshit and you'll be alright.

allight you are showing your classless self again which is why i dont like discussing things with you.. bernards dick is deep in your ass while he nibbles your ear with those jigsaw teeth of his and you love it... that fight wasnt close nor competitive the way you want to make it seem... its people like you that become fight judges and fuck up fight results... you shut the fuck up classless faggot... matter of fact your keyboard gangster ass dont need to reply to nothing else i say... ive said it before the stuff you talk on here you wouldnt to anybody in person.. you are probably a quad in a wheelchair looking to get your rocks off... roy beat your lover with one arm and the fight wasnt even close.... love him long time method with your open ass and make him feel better... internet fag.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 24 2009, 12:57 AM) *
bernards dick is deep in your ass while he nibbles your ear with those jigsaw teeth of his and you love it....... love him long time method with your open ass and make him feel better... internet fag.

LOL this is quality stuff. Reminds me of when Nard was in prison & was described as being a sex predator against the younger men in the can with his enourmous weapon.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 23 2009, 08:36 PM) *
LOL this is quality stuff. Reminds me of when Nard was in prison & was described as being a sex predator against the younger men in the can with his enourmous weapon.

im tellin you stev... bernard shaved his teeth down like they are so he could use them as sex toys on method... the way method sees fights he's got to be taking sumthin up the butt and in every other hole he has... the way he acts behind bernard i think hopkins even made some new ones on him...
King Eugene
I remember just a couple of weeks ago I was called Crazy for even thinking there was a possibility of the fight happening and Roy having a chance to win. Hell I was pretty much shut down with my opinion that there would be a 24/7! Looks like I was more right than wrong huh JD?

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...4569&st=380
pages 38 and 39
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 23 2009, 09:36 PM) *

Steve...remember this? laugh.gif

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 4 2008, 08:47 PM) *
Man Hopkins took any mans booty in the pen. He would befriend them with chocolates & stuff & then ole snaggle would want a snuggle. Lets make this clear he was always the quarterback not the wide receiver after all he is still a man.
gbh32001
Another boring match up...this bout will not exceed the total of 600 thrown punch for the whole 12 rounds. Another snorefest in the making, another PPV flop.
King Eugene

Lets get it BHop
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 08:57 PM) *
allight you are showing your classless self again which is why i dont like discussing things with you.. bernards dick is deep in your ass while he nibbles your ear with those jigsaw teeth of his and you love it... that fight wasnt close nor competitive the way you want to make it seem... its people like you that become fight judges and fuck up fight results... you shut the fuck up classless faggot... matter of fact your keyboard gangster ass dont need to reply to nothing else i say... ive said it before the stuff you talk on here you wouldnt to anybody in person.. you are probably a quad in a wheelchair looking to get your rocks off... roy beat your lover with one arm and the fight wasnt even close.... love him long time method with your open ass and make him feel better... internet fag.

I just simply asked you to qualify the statement you made about Jones "busting Hopkins up"..."with one hand" and you come back with some tyrannical homoerotic rant as a deflection? Thanks for proving me right. Pretty graphic depiction. You must be drawing from experience.
streetlion1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 23 2009, 05:34 PM) *

RJJ won the first time but he didnt totally out class him or nothing....B-Hop was young and not as good then as he is now.

What do you base Jones being able to beat Bernard on?! The same Jones whos been K.O.ed by 2 guys B-Hop beat OR fast forward.....the same Jones who got slapped around the ring and dominated by Joe CuntSlappy?! Gimme a break...this fight has Hopkins dominate victory written all over it. A performance against Jeff "lame duck" Lacey is putting these Roy fans over the edge! wtf.gif laugh.gif B-Hop was fighting at a young lions level in his last fight against Pavlik....no reason to believe a shell of a fighter like RJJ will beat him!
MarzB
RJJ won the first time but he didnt totally out class him or nothing....B-Hop was young and not as good then as he is now.

I had Roy winning 8 rounds to 4. Haven't seen the fight in a while and may watch it to see if I notice anything different now. It wasn't close and 'Nard clearly acknowledges he lost that fight hands down unquestioned so why are people trying to minimize Roy's win albeit it was 16 years ago??

Roy was 22-0 and Bernard was 22-1. While Roy may have been better at that respective stage, lets not act like their "IN RING" experience is so glaring because it wasn't.

..this fight has Hopkins dominate victory written all over it.

We'll wait and see won't we because what you described (a beats b so b should beat c) has nothing to do with the other. Boxing is about STYLES period. Do you really believe that Roy would have lost to Glen Johnson (since you're using common opponents as a gauge) when Bernard faced him back in '97?? As far as Tarver, I think Tarver is just a terribly style matchup for Jones and frankly I was glad Tarver beat Roy IMO 3 times but thats beside the point.

Here's why the fight is nowhere NEAR a walk in the park for Hopkins. Hopkins has problem with guys with fast hands. This is an unquestioned fact. See the Taylor fights along with Calazaghe fights as clear indicators of this. Roy still has much quicker hands than Bernard.

Secondly, I think the Winky Wright fight showed me a lot of what Nard is wiling to do to win and thats good and bad. I had that fight 7 rounds to 5 but more importantly than the score was Nard's HIT AND HOLD tactics and circling (which is very impressive for someone his age) tactics he used to win against a guy who wasn't fighting at his natural weight. The point is, Roy is still faster a-foot than Nard so I doubt if he'll be able to effectively circle and try to surprise Roy with his lead right as he did Winky.

I give Roy a huge intangible in that having covered multiple Nard fights as a commentator, he definitely recognizes a lot of tendencies of Nards.

All what I'm saying doesn't mean Roy wins or I'm "swinging from Roy's nuts" but I'm just responding to the notion that Roy is somehow way out of class and thats far from the case here.
Method
I'm not trying to diminish the win, but rather arguing w anyone that tries to blow it out of proportion. Dude said Roy "busted him up", and that's complete horse shit.

That's it.

As for the proposed rematch, I never said a damn thing about anything.
MarzB
Meth, my comment was directed to StreetLion's comments not yours. I don't think either will bust either up personally. Two things that immediately come to mind though.

WHAT IS THE WEIGHT this fight would be at?? If Roy is fighting Danny Green (pending a win and I don't think thats a walk in the park either) at the cruiser limit of 200 what will he come in as because I don't see Nard agreeing to anything higher than 175.

Also where would this fight take place? I'm frankly sick of Vegas and Atlantic city. Thats a personal opinion. How would this fight do in MSG, Philly (fat chance) or Florida (even fatter chance)?? Boxing MUST get away from doing big fights only in Vegas. Again thats my opinion only.
streetlion1
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 24 2009, 09:56 AM) *

I had Roy winning 8 rounds to 4. Haven't seen the fight in a while and may watch it to see if I notice anything different now. It wasn't close and 'Nard clearly acknowledges he lost that fight hands down unquestioned so why are people trying to minimize Roy's win albeit it was 16 years ago??

Roy was 22-0 and Bernard was 22-1. While Roy may have been better at that respective stage, lets not act like their "IN RING" experience is so glaring because it wasn't.

..this fight has Hopkins dominate victory written all over it.

We'll wait and see won't we because what you described (a beats b so b should beat c) has nothing to do with the other. Boxing is about STYLES period. Do you really believe that Roy would have lost to Glen Johnson (since you're using common opponents as a gauge) when Bernard faced him back in '97?? As far as Tarver, I think Tarver is just a terribly style matchup for Jones and frankly I was glad Tarver beat Roy IMO 3 times but thats beside the point.

Here's why the fight is nowhere NEAR a walk in the park for Hopkins. Hopkins has problem with guys with fast hands. This is an unquestioned fact. See the Taylor fights along with Calazaghe fights as clear indicators of this. Roy still has much quicker hands than Bernard.

Secondly, I think the Winky Wright fight showed me a lot of what Nard is wiling to do to win and thats good and bad. I had that fight 7 rounds to 5 but more importantly than the score was Nard's HIT AND HOLD tactics and circling (which is very impressive for someone his age) tactics he used to win against a guy who wasn't fighting at his natural weight. The point is, Roy is still faster a-foot than Nard so I doubt if he'll be able to effectively circle and try to surprise Roy with his lead right as he did Winky.

I give Roy a huge intangible in that having covered multiple Nard fights as a commentator, he definitely recognizes a lot of tendencies of Nards.

All what I'm saying doesn't mean Roy wins or I'm "swinging from Roy's nuts" but I'm just responding to the notion that Roy is somehow way out of class and thats far from the case here.

I think Roy has faster hands but he only showed those fast hands against a Jeff Lacey...also B-Hops hand speed didnt look too bad against Pavlik. I dont think that Jones really has faster foot speed than B-Hop and B-Hop is a much better defender with a better chin. It wasnt just fast hands that gave B-Hop trouble against Slappy and Taylor it was foot speed...they were able to crowd B-Hop and then keep him on the defensive for the most part. I dont think Roy is gonna take any risks...and you'll see a boring fight but the action will be all B-Hop.

I dunno...maybe I still see the same Roy who fought an old blown up Trinidad...and who let Slappy completely dominate him. If styles make fights...what kind of style does Roy have that'll beat Bernards? Everyone seems to think that Roys handspeed is back...yeah.... but against a guy as slow and plotting as Jeff Lacey.
MarzB
so B-Hops hand speed didnt look too bad against Pavlik.

Thats because Pavlik is slow as molasses. Bernard hasn't opened up like that in YEARS and there is a legitimate reason why, he didn't have to worry about Pavlik beating him to the punch. Thats why I mentioned the Taylor fight. Of course the irony there is (which is why I don't think it's good to compare what happened to "a" when he fought "c" so "c" should do this to "a") the result of Taylor vs. Pavlik although Taylor definitely beat Pavlik to the punch plenty of times the first fight but just gassed out.

Thats here nor there. I believe when Hopkins face Taylor two things were happening. He respected Taylor's hand speed but also I think he was SPENT making 160 for all those years.

I agree about Nard has the clear advantage in the defensive category but I can't give him the footwork advantage and I'm NOT referring to Roy's silly shuffles. I'm talking actual footwork, positioning yourself.
Method
Marz - I know that wasn't directed at me. I was just stating for the record.

As for the weight, I have no idea. It will be interesting to see. To be honest, I'll be real surprised if GBP/Hopkins agree to sit by waiting for Roy to fight Green. I just think there's too much at risk for Hopkins IF Jones were to lose. Roy said over at BTalk that win or lose vs Green should have no effect on him and Hops, but it most definitely will (and SHOULD). Say Bernard waits around and Jones loses? Where does that leave Bernard as far as an opponent, date, and venue? On the flip side, say Jones beats Green, and he and Ex fight the following month? Doesn't really leave much time for a press tour, promotion, filming a 24/7 (assuming they even would do one for this).

Roy should scrap the Green fight and fight Hopkins. If he beats Bernard, that makes the fight w Green all the more lucrative. On the flip side, if Jones chooses to go through w Green, if I were Team Hopkins/GBP, I wouldn't wait around. I would make other plans.

Back to the weight - I would think Hopkins wwould want to fight at Lt Hvy, but you raise a glaring issue w Roy moving up to Cruiser to fight Green. I have no idea what weight they would settle at, but I bet it becomes a sticking point.

Like you, I am over Vegas and AC. I think the fight should be at MSG. The fight would do no good in Philly in all liklihood. As much as Philly is my home town, and it is renowned for it's gym wars, it is NOT renowned for being a boxing town from a spectator point of view because the fans follow the four major franchises - Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers. Boxing has never been a mecca in Philly, save for some random heavyweight title fights over the past several decades.

I think it would be sick if they held the fight at American Airlines arena down here in Miami (my new home town), for obvious reason being its literally a stones throw from me (across Key Biscayne). Jones is from NWest FL, and Hops has a pad down in Miami so who the fuck knows. I would think though, that this one likely winds up in MSG.
pacco_diablo
Most, if not all, boxing analysts have Hopkins ranked in the top 5 p4p today. Top 3 on the majority of lists, and number 1 on boxrec. I am stating this because being that this is TODAY"S ranking I'd be curious to see how the Roy haters respond after he beats Hopkins. "Hopkins was too old, blah blah blah. "Neither was at their prime, blah blah blah." If Hopkins wasnt at one of the highest points of his career then he should not be ranked in the top 5 p4p on anyones list.

It very well may be an ugly fight but Roy wins it. The haters can play the whole 6th degree of separation with the "Hopkins did better against Calzaghe and beat Tarver, blah blah blah." Hell, Hopkins even played that card himself. None of that means shit. Roy has been in Hopkins head ever since he beat him the first time. I'll be surprised if this fight even happens. Hop cant even fathom the idea of losing to Roy again so IMO even the idea of fighting Roy is too risky.

God, I hope this fight happens. I would love to hear what the Roy haters come up with. This is a fight that I'd definitely rub in to all the Gayowulfs on this board.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 24 2009, 08:50 AM) *
I just simply asked you to qualify the statement you made about Jones "busting Hopkins up"..."with one hand" and you come back with some tyrannical homoerotic rant as a deflection? Thanks for proving me right. Pretty graphic depiction. You must be drawing from experience.

i dont have experience in the arts of hopkins love and what goes with it... you need to talk to your boss on this board we are not to have any more conversation with each other an imma leave it at that... advice before i go get some people skills... i dont see how they made you a mod...
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 24 2009, 09:04 PM) *
i dont have experience in the arts of hopkins love and what goes with it... you need to talk to your boss on this board we are not to have any more conversation with each other an imma leave it at that... advice before i go get some people skills... i dont see how they made you a mod...

Uhhh...and I dont have a "boss" that I am aware of. Until Fighthype is the name that appears in ink at the bottom of my paychecks, and those paychecks approach 7 figures, I'll stick to my job.

Not a good look if you were told not to converse. Advice back at you - dont make baseless comments if you're not prepared to back them up, and then deflect with some bullshit. Dont even talk to me about people skills. You need to get some legitimate debating skills.

Again, if you were told to mind your own, then do so. Don't make this post your last.

ROLL DEEP
I love Hopkins threads when Method is involved.

anyways, I'll keep it short and sweet - I think Jones' speed WILL give Hopkins problems to start off with, Hopkins will adapt, start to score with some pretty decent shots.....Jones will have his moments too, but both will tire towards the end and the punch output will drop real low.

Hopkins will attempt a big finish, Jones will be content to try and stay on the outside pot-shotting in the last couple of rounds.

Hopkins will take the decision. Jones will moan. Blah, blah, blah.
Method
And it already looks like the fight hit a snag...as predicted. Doesn't seem like Team Hopkins wants to sit around and chance the Danny Green fight - their prerogative and can't say I blame them. Team Jones wants to collect that Danny Green check and make good on that agreement - their prerogative, and, can't say I blame them.

Bottom line is that Green fight is way to close to a proposed bout with Hopkins that it would indeed hurt the promotion of the fight/production of any series, and is also a potential risk to leave Hopkins high and dry without a dance partner.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 25 2009, 09:03 AM) *
And it already looks like the fight hit a snag...as predicted. Doesn't seem like Team Hopkins wants to sit around and chance the Danny Green fight - their prerogative and can't say I blame them. Team Jones wants to collect that Danny Green check and make good on that agreement - their prerogative, and, can't say I blame them.

Bottom line is that Green fight is way to close to a proposed bout with Hopkins that it would indeed hurt the promotion of the fight/production of any series, and is also a potential risk to leave Hopkins high and dry without a dance partner.

It would be smart of team Hopkins to just move on. Roy is trying to cash out on the Green fight and Follow up with the B-Hops fight. If Roy was actually trying to end his career on a strong note it would be wise to just target Hopkins. That's a winnable fight for him and a huge name to finish off with.
streetlion1
Just a question.....besides these so-called fast hands that Roy has what is he gonna do to give a guy as good as Hopkins problems?! I dunno....I see Hopkins way better at this point in their careers....Roy hasnt proven anything against a fighter of real substance since he's came back. He got his ass handed to him by Slappy and showed he was faster than Lacey.....
thehype
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 24 2009, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 25 2009, 07:35 AM) *
Uhhh...and I dont have a "boss" that I am aware of. Until Fighthype is the name that appears in ink at the bottom of my paychecks, and those paychecks approach 7 figures, I'll stick to my job.

Not a good look if you were told not to converse. Advice back at you - dont make baseless comments if you're not prepared to back them up, and then deflect with some bullshit. Dont even talk to me about people skills. You need to get some legitimate debating skills.

Again, if you were told to mind your own, then do so. Don't make this post your last.

Just for the record, I'm not a boss nor did I tell anyone not to conversate anymore. Like I said in the email reply to JLUV, I barely have time to keep up with any drama on the boards. All I did was check the moderator forum for any notice about JLUV and since I saw nothing posted, I simply fixed the account and kept it moving. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to do a bunch of research and fact checking...and I DEFINITELY don't have time to play Dr. Phil so there was never any instructions not to communicate with each other. That's just silly.

As for Jones vs. Hopkins, fuck that...that's a lame excuse...Hopkins doesn't want to wait around? Why the fuck not? He's been waiting around for a fight this damn long so what's another four weeks? I mean, the only other real possibility for Hopkins is the winner of Dawson-Johnson II and those fools are fighting four weeks before Jones on November 7th. If either one of those guys get cut or suffers a serious injury, that could leave Hopkins high and dry without a dance partner. There's alway risks involved so don't feed me that crap. Hell, Vitali Klitschko is fighting Arreola this weekend and he's already trying to line up another fight for December. They do that all the time.

With Jones fighting in the first week of December, there's no reason why they couldn't put together a successful promotion and have Jones vs. Hopkins II on February 28th, which is the last day of Black History month...one hell of a way to close out that month.

Just my opinion though.

thehype
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:50 AM) *
Just a question.....besides these so-called fast hands that Roy has what is he gonna do to give a guy as good as Hopkins problems?! I dunno....I see Hopkins way better at this point in their careers....Roy hasnt proven anything against a fighter of real substance since he's came back. He got his ass handed to him by Slappy and showed he was faster than Lacey.....

He could just outwork him like Jermain Taylor did.

laugh.gif

For the record though, I'd favor Hopkins in that fight at this point.
D-MARV
There's nothing "So Called" about Roy's hands. Of course, there not as fast as they once were. But Hopkins has had a history of problems against guys that had quick hands. Roy won't come foward with a mechanical 1-2 like Pavlik did and Roy also won't be giving up a size and strength advantage like Winky or Oscar. Nard would definitely be favored to win and rightfully so but to say that he's gonna walk over Roy is false.

Roy's quick hands along with his unorthodox style would take Hops a few rounds to adapt to. This "present" version of Hopkins fights best when he sits back and counters. Roy wouldn't be on the attack against Hopkins. In fact, I see Hopkins being the aggressor in this fight and becoming frustrated like he did yearsssssssss ago when they fought. BUT, being the brilliant fighter that Hopkins is, he would adjust and start to take over in the later rounds.
Method
More than Roy's hand speed, it's his unorthodox style that could be more of a problem.

You'd think Hopkins is seasoned enough at this point to be able to time Roy coming in w some bullshit, but you cant hing it all on him catching him like that. One thing is for damn sure...it ain't gonna be no Lacy fight.

I'll still be surprised if this takes place given Roy goes through w Green. Too much at risk and no time to really promote the shit out of this, which it deserves. These guys will be blowing the chance to maximize this pay day for each of them if they just try and cram it in there to make it happen.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.