Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vitali Klitschko vs. Chris Arreola:WBC Heavyweight Title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For preview comments on this Saturday night's HBO broadcast of Klitschko-Arreola? Does "Nipples" have a chance? Vote and comment in the poll!

Jack
Jack 1000
Barring a lucky punch ala Corrie Sanders vs. brother Wlad, I can't see Chris winning this fight, although it could be a fun scrap while it lasts. The guy almost KTFO by Travis Walker has little chance against Vitali who is just too skilled and has a better chin than Wlad.

His weight SUCKS for a heavyweight contender and if he doesn't get it down he will have stamina problems. Having said that, I am a fan of "Nipples" hahaha because he does represent a working man fighter mentality, like say Pavlik and would like to see him win. This is a major world title (WBC) and if Chris wins, it will hopefully set up unifications with the other champions.

But I don't think he can. He might wobble Vitali with a few anxious moments and Nipples CAN hit hard. But the height and jab of Vitali is going to make Arreola swell up and bust up. Chris CANNOT be tentative like he was against Walker doing nothing in that first round! He will get smashed even earlier than I will predict if he does. He should jump on Vitali, (who hasn't really been a brawl since Lewis,) and just not let him breathe. Once Vitali starts hitting the jab and if Nipples can't make it a brawl anymore, Chris will fall like a tree. I envision this happening:

Round 1:Arreloa comes out for the first round and rips into Vitali, both men throw bombs in a sloppy but entertaining brawl for round 1. Arreola stuns Vitali badly in round 1, the bell saves him from going down. The LA crowd goes insane!!

Round 2: Arreloa comes out looking for the quick blitz, but leaves himself wide open and gets hurt himself badly. Vitali starts jabbing and Arreola holds, maybe tries a foul to get the upper hand but has now been really hurt and can't get out of the way of the jabs. It will be like Nipples expanded all of his energy in the first round.

Round 3: Arreloa is near exhausted but huffs and puffs his way through the third round. Vitali's jabs open up a cut or two on Nipples and Chris is just not able to get inside anymore. Vitali continues jabbing and the cuts aren't getting better.

Round 4: Arreloa comes out for the fourth and Vitali continues a methodical beat down. Chris is cut very bad and the ref calls time for the doctor to look at the cut. The crowd boos. They let it continue. Vitali lands several more jabs, a solid right on the button, and Arreloa goes down. He's up at 6. Fight goes on, several more hard shots and Arreloa is down again, up at 8, the ref looks real close at him, lets it go on, but after about 6 more punches, with Arreloa all but out the corner throws in the towel.

Vitali Klitschko TKO 4 in a methodical beat-down after a great first round from Nipples, but that is all. Arreloa is just too much of a barroom brawler guy who will give a good effort, but lacks the experience to fight either Klitschko.

Jack
1zz
I also like Chris but man he doesn't have the right skills to beat Vitali.

Too much of a brawler who gets too close for his own good.
It's going to be a problem against the always awkward Vitali and looping punching Vitali.
JD
LOL...this poll is hilarious.
BigG
Fattyrolla by upset TKO over a tired, exhausted Vitali Klitschko...This pick sticks.
Nay_Sayer
I like Arreola to stop the slow, arm punching ole man late or decision him...
pacco_diablo
Lets just say that if Arreola has a chance to beat a Klitscko then this would be the one. Vitali is more of a brawler than his brother which gives Chris a punchers chance. However, it's very unlikely that Arreola wins this fight, or even make it through it for that matter.

salvador
As amazed as I was that so many people gave Marquez a chance against Floyd, I'm almost as amazed that anyone here thinks Arreola has a chance against Klit. The absolute only way Klit loses is if he gets injured (twists knee, cut, shoulder seperates ect.).

After the second round it's going to be clear that Arreola can't get past the jab and he'll be out by the fifth.
kidbazooka1
Arreola keeps it competitve for the first 3 rds then as he starts to fade Vitali starts to pick it up and takes him out in the middle rds.
The Original MrFactor
This will be the biggest strongest guy Klit has faced since Lewis. If anybody has a chance, its Arreola. But, smart money is on a Klitshcko TKO in the late rounds. Arreola probably wont go down. It'll probably be from swelling or a cut. The only chance he's got is to go apeshit in the 1st few rounds and hope to land a lucky punch, which he may very well do.

After picking Marquez(hoping for the upset), I guess I have to go with safe, smart money and predict Klit by TKO 2nd half of the fight. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right, Step back, repeat for 8 rounds while Arreola swells and becomes discouraged and quits. How many times have we seen this movie??
The CEO
Klitschko KO4

Isn't the winner a given? Arreola is not in the best shape, not very experienced, not very skilled, and the list goes on. It takes more than Heart and a punch to beat the intelligent and methodical, "Dr. Iron Fist". Sooner or later, Arreola will gas out and get knocked out. I'll go with sooner because I see Arreola spending extra fuel early going for his own KO...
KookedKrack
jabfest.....
BGv2.0
I gotta give credit where it is due. It looks to me like Chris trained his ass off for this fight. IMHO this really gives him a very good shot of possibly making this a very competitive fight...if not pulling off the upset.

People are still going to rip him because even though he is only 4 lbs less than the McCline fight.....if you look at him in the weigh in pics they must have not only worked off fat but added muscle because even though it is only a 4 lbs difference if you compare him on the scales yesterday to how he looked in the last fight as well as the HBO promos the difference is astounding.

Some guys are simply never going to have a perfect sculpted body.....I think Arreola is one of them.

BUT...I do see a huge difference. Considering he as a tiny amount of definition at the waist and on the sides under his arms says a WHOLE LOT!

D-MARV
Vitali Klitschko via SD!

Maxy
I can't see the fight so I'm just gonna go away, clasp my hands and pray for Arreola to pull off the upset.
The Original MrFactor
Watched the weigh in. Arreola looks like he did some sit ups, but he needs a phuckin bra. He may bet KO'd by his tits slapping him in the face. I'll be rooting for him nontheless.
Imperius3
I think Arreola's 15 minutes are coming to an end. I think he will be greatly outclassed in this fight, getting stopped in the 8th.

Apparently this fight is going to be watched by millions in Mexico. I just hope consolatory tequila is on the house after Arreola gets knocked out.
KookedKrack
who was the person that posted the klitschko's fight night controls?? that pic will come in handy tonight.....
D-MARV
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 25 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Vitali Klitschko via SD!

Change of Heart!

My gut is telling me Chris is going to pull it out. Dropped a little bit of change on him. Arreola via close decison.
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 26 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Change of Heart!

My gut is telling me Chris is going to pull it out. Dropped a little bit of change on him. Arreola via close decison.

laugh.gif

Your gut was originally with Big Vitali....gotta go with The Original Gut, my man....lol

FYI...I saw a rumor that Vitali used Arreola as a sparring partner once and Man vs. Boyed him...but like I said...that's only a rumor that I can't confirm...
salvador
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 26 2009, 08:46 PM) *
FYI...I saw a rumor that Vitali used Arreola as a sparring partner once and Man vs. Boyed him...but like I said...that's only a rumor that I can't confirm...

It's just impossible for me to see this fight any other way.
King Eugene
This may look like The Nigerian Wet Dream all over again except Chris wont quit.

Vitali UD but I'm rooting for Arreola
salvador
Is there even one chance in a thousand that Marquez would have lasted 12 rounds with Mosley, Margarito, Williams, Cintron, or Cotto?

Sorry, I couldn't resist with the replay and all.
King Eugene
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 26 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Is there even one chance in a thousand that Marquez would have lasted 12 rounds with Mosley, Margarito, Williams, Cintron, or Cotto?

Sorry, I couldn't resist with the replay and all.

Yep, the same chance he had with lasting with Floyd. Do people keep forgetting this cat has never been stopped before? I dont care what weight he is.
salvador
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 26 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Yep, the same chance he had with lasting with Floyd. Do people keep forgetting this cat has never been stopped before? I dont care what weight he is.

You're not seriously telling me that you think JMM would have gone 12 rounds with Marg, Cotto, Mosley or Williams are you?
King Eugene
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 26 2009, 10:14 PM) *
You're not seriously telling me that you think JMM would have gone 12 rounds with Marg, Cotto, Mosley or Williams are you?

I'm telling you I think its possible but not guaranteed.
salvador
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 26 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I'm telling you I think its possible but not guaranteed.

This is really important. The reason people hate Floyd is that he could have ko'd Marquez 99 out of 100 times, but he chose to take a decision instead. Every other fighter with that kind of size advantage would have seen the opportunity to totally fucking destroy a legend who was moving up in weight for one last paycheck. It's kind of basic when it's a 36 year old featherweight moving up to ww. But Floyd saw it as an opportunity to sell a predictable boxing match as WW3, and he delivered a predictable decision - leaving the fans disgusted.

There's no way JMM lasts 12 with Marg, Mosley, Clottey, Williams or Cintron. It's math.

King Eugene
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 26 2009, 10:24 PM) *
This is really important. The reason people hate Floyd is that he could have ko'd Marquez 99 out of 100 times, but he chose to take a decision instead. Every other fighter with that kind of size advantage would have seen the opportunity to totally fucking destroy a legend who was moving up in weight for one last paycheck. It's kind of basic when it's a 36 year old featherweight moving up to ww. But Floyd saw it as an opportunity to sell a predictable boxing match as WW3, and he delivered a predictable decision - leaving the fans disgusted.

There's no way JMM lasts 12 with Marg, Mosley, Clottey, Williams or Cintron. It's math.

I understand where your coming from and understand your frustration but thats just Floyd's style. All those guys you just named doesn't mind taking two/one to land one. Floyd would rather land without taking any. Every time he went in for the kill JMM was throwing sharp punches back. Granite they wouldn't have hurt Mayweather, he didn't want to get hit period. Just my opinion.
Keith
Klit win via heart attack. Arreola seizes up in the 4th.

Marquez might not get out of the 1st round against Mosley. He'd be throwing so many brutal right hands the ref would have to stop it before JMM died.
King Eugene
Was I the only one that just heard Mayweather tell Roger that the fight was going twelve when Roger asked him how many rounds the fight was going?
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 26 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Was I the only one that just heard Mayweather tell Roger that the fight was going twelve when Roger asked him how many rounds the fight was going?

I didn't hear it but I wouldn't be surprised. What round was it in?
King Eugene
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 26 2009, 10:44 PM) *
I didn't hear it but I would be surprised. What round was it in?

Right after the 8th
WolfishPromistah
My call -- Vitali "I. Drago" Klitscko (sp?) with KO...in the 5th or 7th round.
WolfishPromistah
Guess I was way off like some others, ah well (smh).

Great fight, Klitschko biggrin.gif

ďThis ainít the last youíve seen of me! F*** that and Iím coming back!Ē -- Arreola
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.