Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Floyd carry Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
I recall reading a post fight interview with Floyd where he mentions that he needed to put in some rounds.

Did he carry Marquez in the later rounds of the fight when it was clear that the KO was there to be had?

Thoughts?
Douchebag
No where near as much as Roy carried Lacy. Floyd is safety first so if can he will only go for the ko against some one who leaves themselves wide open (Hatton) or some one who has absolutely nothing left.
JD
Nah...Floyd just isn't a risk taker, plain and simple.
Snoop
Floyd COULD have carried him longer than needed (I thought Marquez was ready to go around the 5th), but I thought it was blatantly clear he was trying to get Marquez out of there in the 11th but couldn't. The 12th he played it safe.
D-MARV
Floyd played it smart... The KO was there but he decided to just ride out to decision. I'm shocked that he's considered a bitch for it. LMAO, Pac pressed for the KO and almost got his clock cleaned for it. Diaz pressed for it and got his clock cleaned for it. There were times where Floyd had Juan hurt and Juan would fire back with sharp punches. That's what makes him so great.
BigChiefSlapAHoe
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 24 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Nah...Floyd just isn't a risk taker, plain and simple.

Dont fix what isnt broken!
Big Slim Sweet
I think he did.

I think when he lost that 600k he told a friend of a friend of a friend to lay something on the over for him.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 25 2009, 04:28 AM) *
I think he did.

I think when he lost that 600k he told a friend of a friend of a friend to lay something on the over for him.
Another Fraud added to a fraud promotion, Floyd will always be a fraud..And the yankee's love it!
Keith
If he carried him, then this was little more then a sparring session that hundreds of thousands of people paid 50$ plus for. What kinda shit is that?
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 24 2009, 08:20 PM) *
If he carried him, then this was little more then a sparring session that hundreds of thousands of people paid 50$ plus for. What kinda shit is that?

It's the kinda sh** that shows a guy is still darned good after a 20 something month lay off, when he can still dictate as much against a top of the line fighter with the skill that Juan Manuel possesses.

Surely we won't dare try to undervalue it here at fighthype (Right?), as we're not the kind to do that. ok.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Sep 24 2009, 08:28 PM) *
It's the kinda sh** that shows a guy is still darned good after a 20 something month lay off, when he can still dictate as much against a top of the line fighter with the skill that Juan Manuel possesses.

Surely we won't dare try to undervalue it here at fighthype (Right?), as we're not the kind to do that. ok.gif

It would have helped if he hadn't beaten a smaller, slower, older lightweight right?
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 24 2009, 09:38 PM) *
It would have helped if he hadn't beaten a smaller, slower, older lightweight right?

Not that he "really" needed it, for those who know. But ..."helped" who? Marquez? Not Floyd, 'cause then Folks’d still be saying he fought nobody (i.e., the wrong time, a little man, and especially guys he can easily outclass -- the latter, of course, what he's been proving "he does ANYWAY."

The pattern is clear. And he DID make it clear he feared NO MAN on Saturday, when facing Mosely in the middle of the ring. He's willing, just gotta wait on his team, which'll most likely depend on the biggest money as expected.

At any rate, Floyd’s distinct hit list he’s already made clear is to face the following by career’s end:
Marquez, Paq, Cotto and Mosely

Ladies and gentleman = 1 DOWN. Next?
Keith
QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Sep 24 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Not that he "really" needed it, for those who know. But ..."helped" who? Marquez? Not Floyd, 'cause then Folks’d still be saying he fought nobody (i.e., the wrong time, a little man, and especially guys he can easily outclass -- the latter, of course, what he's been proving "he does ANYWAY."

The pattern is clear. And he DID make it clear he feared NO MAN on Saturday, when facing Mosely in the middle of the ring. He's willing, just gotta wait on his team, which'll most likely depend on the biggest money as expected.

At any rate, Floyd’s distinct hit list he’s already made clear is to face the following by career’s end:
Marquez, Paq, Cotto and Mosely

Ladies and gentleman = 1 DOWN. Next?

WTF? Are you from this planet?
Imperius3
In retrospect, I think some credit should be given to Marquez for lasting 12 rounds. A fighter with a weaker chin (like Hatton) would have been stopped from some of that punishment.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 24 2009, 06:42 PM) *
Floyd played it smart... The KO was there but he decided to just ride out to decision. I'm shocked that he's considered a bitch for it.

& then people wonder why Floyd is despised by most boxing fans. I can applaud his skills & all that but he does not win any friends by not finishing off a featherweight.

QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Sep 25 2009, 02:01 AM) *
And he DID make it clear he feared NO MAN on Saturday, when facing Mosely in the middle of the ring.

He looked like he was shittin his britches in the ring with Shane. A bit of posturing sure but his stutter rap gave the game away.
Fitz
Mayweather should come out to this in his next fight.

JaRaNDa
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 25 2009, 05:21 AM) *
Mayweather should come out to this in his next fight.

LOL forgot about this song!

I think Floyd is very capable of gettin Marquez out of there in under 3 rounds if he really wanted. All Mayweather had to do is open up a little bit more than usual and sit on his punches & he could have gotten Marquez along with many other opponents out of there just by opening up a little more and sitting on his punches..but could'nt even do that against a super featherweight fighter. The whole time I had a feeling this was going to the cards when in reality Mayweather should have treated him like the much smaller man he was & get him out of there.
STEVENSKI
Floyd has no stones thats all. The guy lives on a diet of hype & fear.
Snoop
I dunno. Floyd stutters ALOT. He's a really horrible public speaker.
King Eugene
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 25 2009, 01:27 AM) *
I dunno. Floyd stutters ALOT. He's a really horrible public speaker.

Very horrible. He studders in damn near every interview or when he goes to start speaking fast. Hell none of the Mayweathers speak very well at all. But oh well...
D-MARV
Floyd certainly stutters all the time lol. He's not afraid of Mosley... I think he just wants the Pac fight beofre he risks a Mosley fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 25 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Very horrible. He studders in damn near every interview or when he goes to start speaking fast. Hell none of the Mayweathers speak very well at all. But oh well...

Exactly. That's why I don't think you can say he was "scared" of Mosley simply because he was stuttering. Dude just doesn't know how to talk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.