Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Mosely the Real Pound 4 Pound King? Justify.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
Mosely has gone on record and stated he is the true pound for pound king. I would like to get thoughts on this. My personal opinion is that although he beat Margarito for the WBA strap he is not P4P. I have him in the top 10 but he is not the king. Also, I feel his whining is becoming really loud and annoying. He is acting really out of character and this has dimished him in my eyes a little bit.
D-MARV
I have Mosley in the top 3!
streetlion1
My top 3 P4P:

Hopkins

Mosley

Pacman
D-MARV
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 25 2009, 10:33 AM) *
My top 3 P4P:

Hopkins

Mosley

Pacman

I hope not in that order?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:33 AM) *
My top 3 P4P:

Hopkins

Mosley

Pacman

Strange Top 3. Is that in order? Hopkins hasn't fought in months. Shane had one stellar performance against plaster fingers. And I understand the Pac pick.
streetlion1
Well I would still have JMM in the mix but besides him who else? I cant stand Gayweather and his choice of opponents since hitting welterweight so hes like number 5 on my list.
leonthegee
hell no going back to 2004 in shanes last 10 fights he 7-3. p4p1 my ass
MarzB
Pound 4 Pound hell no.

Best welterweight presently YEP. He's the linear Welterweight champion
Box in Hand
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 25 2009, 10:37 AM) *
hell no going back to 2004 in shanes last 10 fights he 7-3. p4p1 my ass

Yes sir, my sentiments exactly.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 25 2009, 10:33 AM) *
My top 3 P4P:

Hopkins

Mosley

Pacman

Floyd Floyd floyd
Keith

Floyd is p4p king. He's the lightweight champion and nobody can touch him at that weight. Not even close. I think he can probably move up and dominate at jr welter.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 25 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Floyd is p4p king. He's the lightweight champion and nobody can touch him at that weight. Not even close. I think he can probably move up and dominate at jr welter.

z

Ha Ha. You didn't answer the question K.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 25 2009, 05:35 PM) *
z

Ha Ha. You didn't answer the question K.

The answer is that I really dont care about the pfp rankings at all. But for the sake of argument I would give it to W. Klit. Is there anyone you think can beat him at hw? I dont so in my eyes he dominates his division more so then anyone else dominates theirs.
Keith
Box, you available for a sig bet with cotto/pac?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 25 2009, 04:41 PM) *
The answer is that I really dont care about the pfp rankings at all. But for the sake of argument I would give it to V. Klit. Is there anyone you think can beat him at hw? I dont so in my eyes he dominates his division more so then anyone else dominates theirs.

No I don't but the HW division is the worst its ever been in history so we cannot claim him king for that reason alone.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 25 2009, 05:43 PM) *
No I don't but the HW division is the worst its ever been in history so we cannot claim him king for that reason alone.

true that my friend.
EpTXCHAMP
Ill never say anyone who took steriods is the p4p king!

If you do then u must really believe Barry bonds is the home run king

And For the last time yes he looked good against margs but why is everyone forgetting the horrible 11 and a half rds he fought against Mayo before???
Keith
I'm not sure what taking roids 6-7 years ago has anything to do with whether your the pfp king now if he is fighting clean. As I already stated. I dont think Mosley is#1 pfp, but I cant see how one is connected to the other. That just seems like a tall glass of hateraid.
provo
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 25 2009, 06:25 PM) *

And For the last time yes he looked good against margs but why is everyone forgetting the horrible 11 and a half rds he fought against Mayo before???

Exactly Mosley is getting to much credit for beating Margarito,he is not dominate like people think ! Yeah he did good againt Margarito But Ca'MOn who in the HELL would have their head on straight going into a damn fight and just moments before got caught cheating! NOBODY im sure margarito was nervous like "fuck my carrer is fucked,I got caught" LOL
provo
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 25 2009, 06:25 PM) *

Exactly Mosley is getting to much credit for beating Margarito,he is not dominate like people think ! Yeah he did good againt Margarito But Ca'MOn who in the HELL would have their head on straight going into a damn fight and just moments before got caught cheating! NOBODY im sure margarito was nervous like "fuck my carrer is fucked,I got caught" LOL
Shane did not look good aginst weak ass mayorga and he got outboxed by Cotto ,Mayweather would skool shane!
streetlion1
Well there is no good reason for Floyd not to fight Mosley now. All this talk about how Floyd would school Shane and Cotto is funny because these are guys he has avoided questions about and dodged since becoming a welter. These guys would represent the biggest and best fighters(ODLH aside) Floyd has ever been in the ring with....who wouldnt be hurt by Floyds power. When I look at how they match up against Floyd I see good fights.

Forget the steroid bs...that doesnt have anything to do with what Shane has accomplished in the sport of boxing. Look at his resume...his 5 losses are to 3 people...Forrest...Winky....and Cotto. 3 guys Floyd would never have been caught in the ring with...people thought he was done and he came back and K.O.ed Margacheato...a guy who many thought couldnt be knocked out....a guy who Floyd turned down 8mil to fight.....give the man his credit! Now that he is with brother Naz I see Mosley being dominate at welterweight for the next few years.
thehype
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 25 2009, 05:41 PM) *
The answer is that I really dont care about the pfp rankings at all. But for the sake of argument I would give it to W. Klit. Is there anyone you think can beat him at hw? I dont so in my eyes he dominates his division more so then anyone else dominates theirs.

That's because the talent in the heavyweight division sucks ass!

Technically speaking, P4P is supposed to represent fighters that would dominate no matter what weight they fight at, not just the division they're currently in. In my opinion, Klitschko can't fight on the inside worth shit and would likely get picked apart if he were fighting someone a lot quicker than him. In other words, if Floyd Mayweather Jr. were a heavyweight, with his skills, I think he'd beat Klitschko pretty easily, therefore, there's no way I'd have him ranked higher than Mayweather.

Just my opinion though.
JaRaNDa
No, Shane aint the p4p king but he is most certainly the Welterweight king & is the man to fight in the division!
Keith
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 26 2009, 12:22 AM) *
That's because the talent in the heavyweight division sucks ass!

Technically speaking, P4P is supposed to represent fighters that would dominate no matter what weight they fight at, not just the division they're currently in. In my opinion, Klitschko can't fight on the inside worth shit and would likely get picked apart if he were fighting someone a lot quicker than him. In other words, if Floyd Mayweather Jr. were a heavyweight, with his skills, I think he'd beat Klitschko pretty easily, therefore, there's no way I'd have him ranked higher than Mayweather.

Just my opinion though.

I certainly see your point, but it always appears to me that the top pfp fighters are always somewhere from 130-175. Why is it never a a real small guy or a real big guy?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 25 2009, 07:32 PM) *
I'm not sure what taking roids 6-7 years ago has anything to do with whether your the pfp king now if he is fighting clean. As I already stated. I dont think Mosley is#1 pfp, but I cant see how one is connected to the other. That just seems like a tall glass of hateraid.

cuz it taints his resume period! Its like filling out an application for a job then when they ask if you have been convicted of a felony or have a criminal record you answer Yes! I'm pretty sure you aint gonna be considered p4p best canidate for the job lol

he took them for the DLH fight and wouldnt have won without

in p4p rankings I take fighters resume into considerations as doing most boxing writers and experts (no im not including G. leon) lol...So shane got an * by one DLH victory lost to cotto,winky, and vernon compare that to floyds um no sir no p4p for shane
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 27 2009, 04:48 PM) *
cuz it taints his resume period! Its like filling out an application for a job then when they ask if you have been convicted of a felony or have a criminal record you answer Yes! I'm pretty sure you aint gonna be considered p4p best canidate for the job lol

he took them for the DLH fight and wouldnt have won without

in p4p rankings I take fighters resume into considerations as doing most boxing writers and experts (no im not including G. leon) lol...So shane got an * by one DLH victory lost to cotto,winky, and vernon compare that to floyds um no sir no p4p for shane

Great logic. I got an asterick for the first JLC fight for Floyd. I got an * for his win over the lightweight JMM. I got another * for his fight with the jr. welterweight Hatton. Another * for beating Judah after he was coming off a loss. Shit...too many *'s at 140-147 for Floyd. I mean you are looking at Floyd's weak resume too at 140-147?

Please be rational and look at Cotto, Winky, and Forrest. Now who at those weights did Floyd fight that were near as good as those three? Shane would be undefeated too if he took the safe route too. People look too much into that 0 losses.

I would not put Shane at #1 P4P, just as I would not put Floyd there either. I think both of them should have to do more in the ring to warrant it.
PR316
Shane right now is the number 1 welterweight. That can't be denied. P4P???... Nope... Beating Margarito isn't enough for me... If he was to beat either of Pacquiao or Mayweather, then we have a case here.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 27 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Great logic. I got an asterick for the first JLC fight for Floyd. I got an * for his win over the lightweight JMM. I got another * for his fight with the jr. welterweight Hatton. Another * for beating Judah after he was coming off a loss. Shit...too many *'s at 140-147 for Floyd. I mean you are looking at Floyd's weak resume too at 140-147?

Please be rational and look at Cotto, Winky, and Forrest. Now who at those weights did Floyd fight that were near as good as those three? Shane would be undefeated too if he took the safe route too. People look too much into that 0 losses.

I would not put Shane at #1 P4P, just as I would not put Floyd there either. I think both of them should have to do more in the ring to warrant it.

so who's your number 1??????????????

please Im begging you please dont say Pac
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 27 2009, 10:24 PM) *
so who's your number 1??????????????

please Im begging you please dont say Pac

Sorry...though I am pretty sure Mosley and Floyd would beat Pac in a fight, but I have to put Pac there right now. Just on his beatings of Oscar and Hatton. And yes they can be argued that they were against a drained Oscar(which I 100% agree), or a stupid Keep your hands down Hatton(though I do give Pac credit for this win). I am just basing it on his past accomplishments and moving up in weight and being very successful so far. And if he beats Cotto impressively, it just solidifies his case even more. I just think fighters should be more active and beat worthy opponents more consistantly to be considered. Shane and Floyd are more skilled than Pac, but just too inactive, and Floyd's opposition at 140-147 is not the best. Not being a hater, just stating an obvious fact.

There are some fighters out there that maybe should be in the top 5 right now, but maybe need to be more proven first. Guys like Guzman, Williams, Dawson, JML to name a few could be there right now skillwise, but they probably need to prove themselves more in the ring to warrant it. Not saying I am right, just stating my opinion. This whole P4P shit can get confusing cause everybody bases it on different things.
Big Slim Sweet
I agree with lightsout. Pac's #1 p4p, even though I would confidently pick Shane or Floyd to beat him.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Keith @ Sep 25 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Shanes roid use will always leave is true skills in question to me. Remember this is the guy who got beat by Vernon Forrest twice. Anybody who follows the sport knows that he's always avoided certain guys, Mayweather being one. If I'm Floyd I realize that there's no financial benefit to fighting Shane particularly with his in the ring escapades a few weeks back after the Marquez fight. Shane is a guy who's showed up the last few fights against injured and finsihed opponets like Fernando Vargas. Yes he beat Margarito like a drum but so what. He has to beat somebody. Floyd is and always will be the better boxer and athelete. Circumstance and timing is the the only reason Shane has the belt now. If Shane wanted to prove anything he would of taken the Mayweather fight in 99 or 06. But family vacations and a right cross to his mouth that loosend his teeth from Margarito were more important priorities. Mayweather is the now and the future and has nothing to prove with his 40-0 record. Time is running out for Mosely and he knows it. I always respected Shane but Floyd is clearly in another class.
Keith
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 28 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Shanes roid use will always leave is true skills in question to me. Remember this is the guy who got beat by Vernon Forrest twice. Anybody who follows the sport knows that he's always avoided certain guys, Mayweather being one. If I'm Floyd I realize that there's no financial benefit to fighting Shane particularly with his in the ring escapades a few weeks back after the Marquez fight. Shane is a guy who's showed up the last few fights against injured and finsihed opponets like Fernando Vargas. Yes he beat Margarito like a drum but so what. He has to beat somebody. Floyd is and always will be the better boxer and athelete. Circumstance and timing is the the only reason Shane has the belt now. If Shane wanted to prove anything he would of taken the Mayweather fight in 99 or 06. But family vacations and a right cross to his mouth that loosend his teeth from Margarito were more important priorities. Mayweather is the now and the future and has nothing to prove with his 40-0 record. Time is running out for Mosely and he knows it. I always respected Shane but Floyd is clearly in another class.

Not really getting why you replied the way you did. I am not arguing Mosley's pfp status, in fact I said he didnt deserve to be towards the top based solely on inactivity. As for Mosley ducking guys.... thats a joke. How about Forrest and Winky? And I cant even respond to "He has to beat somebody".... Margarito was the champ, he beat the CHAMP! Or Collazo, a ranked fighter. DLH twice. Jose Luis Cruz was undefeated when Mosley beat him. Philip Holiday was an undefeated champ when Mosley beat him to a pulp. He hasnt beat anybody?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 28 2009, 05:20 PM) *

He lost to Vernon Forrest twice...so what? You do realize Vernon was an amazing amateur and undefeated welterweight at the time? No shame in losing to a great fighter like him. Who the heck remotely close to Vernon's talent did your Boy fight at welterweight?

The ONLY reason Floyd won't fight Shane is that he is scared. End of story. Floyd looks for the easiest fights possible. Shit...he had no trouble taking JMM offer to fight him when he called him out. Shane does it and he stutters and backpedals. And you superfans get offended in the process.

Mosley did beat Margarito, the same guy PBF ducked for years. So why did your boy duck Tony for easier fights?

So why the heck doesn't Floyd prove he is the better athlete and boxer by fighting him in the ring? It is so retarded hearing all you nut huggers constantly giving your lame ass excuses for why he does not need Shane.

So you were offended by Shane's in ring escapade? Were you even following boxing when that arrogant ass always disrespected Mosley and other fighters most of his career? So Shane is trying to make the fight and yet huggers still try to find something to hate Shane for? It is actually hilarious, you guys are just as pathetic as Floyd himself. You should be more ashamed of PBF for dodging the best fighter out there. So you would have more respect for Floyd by fighting more lesser fighters? If he is as good as you think, why not fight the best right now?

So you say"anybody who has followed the sport knows he(Shane) has avoided certain guys. Are you fucking kidding me??? Do you even know who your boy fought at 140-147 in all these years? Man... that's all I need to read when I know your lack of knowledge of this sport. I cannot believe you bring up Mosley's comp, considering what a joke Floyd's has been at 140-147.

Floyd has nothing to prove with his 40-0 record? laugh.gif Oh man. How's that juice taste?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 28 2009, 03:07 PM) *
Sorry...though I am pretty sure Mosley and Floyd would beat Pac in a fight, but I have to put Pac there right now. Just on his beatings of Oscar and Hatton. And yes they can be argued that they were against a drained Oscar(which I 100% agree), or a stupid Keep your hands down Hatton(though I do give Pac credit for this win). I am just basing it on his past accomplishments and moving up in weight and being very successful so far. And if he beats Cotto impressively, it just solidifies his case even more. I just think fighters should be more active and beat worthy opponents more consistantly to be considered. Shane and Floyd are more skilled than Pac, but just too inactive, and Floyd's opposition at 140-147 is not the best. Not being a hater, just stating an obvious fact.

There are some fighters out there that maybe should be in the top 5 right now, but maybe need to be more proven first. Guys like Guzman, Williams, Dawson, JML to name a few could be there right now skillwise, but they probably need to prove themselves more in the ring to warrant it. Not saying I am right, just stating my opinion. This whole P4P shit can get confusing cause everybody bases it on different things.

so u give credit to pac for beating hatton but not floyd?? u say your not being a hater but I'm sorry I believe you are.

as stated before I go by resume and pac isnt as impressive period! he beat a faded Barrera (the second time) and on the way out morales who he lost to the first time (by the way this wasnt even a prime Morales Zahir had already exposed him, Hatton who floyd already softened up and a drained DLH.....by the way he lost to the great rustico Torrecampo, Medgoen Singsurat lol

Now Im no floyd nut hugger check all the posts some of his wins dont get much credit from me.I aint like some people here calling him the greatest ever lol BUT he was undisputed champion beating baldy,beat zab who I believe beats everyone pac he has beaten, A prime diego, and luis castillo twice and just man handled the man who gave pac nightmares all that with no defeats I just think the resumes dont compare
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 28 2009, 08:37 PM) *
so u give credit to pac for beating hatton but not floyd?? u say your not being a hater but I'm sorry I believe you are.

as stated before I go by resume and pac isnt as impressive period! he beat a faded Barrera (the second time) and on the way out morales who he lost to the first time (by the way this wasnt even a prime Morales Zahir had already exposed him, Hatton who floyd already softened up and a drained DLH.....by the way he lost to the great rustico Torrecampo, Medgoen Singsurat lol

Now Im no floyd nut hugger check all the posts some of his wins dont get much credit from me.I aint like some people here calling him the greatest ever lol BUT he was undisputed champion beating baldy,beat zab who I believe beats everyone pac he has beaten, A prime diego, and luis castillo twice and just man handled the man who gave pac nightmares all that with no defeats I just think the resumes dont compare

What has Floyd done lately? He was off for almost 2 years. And then he beat a lightweight for crying out loud. And for all you guys saying the weight isn't a factor, please give it a rest. There are weight classes for a reason, and fighters have optimal weight classes. Dude...Shane would have KO'd JMM within 3 rounds easy. But I would have gave him very little credit for a win like that for obvious reasons. Sorry, but you should have to be an ACTIVE fighter with solid wins to have that title. Just my opinion.

You are actually giving him credit for beating Baldy?He was garbage. Zab came off a freaking loss when he fought Floyd. Beating Diego was by far his best performance, but how long ago was that and at what weight was it at?135. He should have got the loss in the first JLC fight. Man, give me something recent where Floyd has earned the spot at the top.

And please stop comparing what Floyd did to a lightweight, and how JMM gave Pac nightmares. Styles. I guess Pac softened him up for Floyd,lol. I could EASILY say right back to you that Pac destroyed Hatton in 2 rounds where Hatton lasted way longer and made it semi-competative against Floyd. And Floyd only won a split decision over Oscar where Pac fully embarrassed him and gave him his worst beating ever. Shit...Pac beat Oscar worse that Bernard did. That has got to mean Pac is better than Bernard.

You can call me hater all you want. I am a huge Mosley fan, but you do not see me putting him at P4P#1 either. I am trying to be realist about this. Floyd's huge lack of talent on his resume at 140-147 speaks for itself. I can name so many better more suitable fighters he could have faced. I would actually be embarrassed being a fan of his, with all his stuttering, disrespectfuness, and ducking top welterweights. Geez, Floyd has to beat the Welterweight Champion first before being considered. I mean don't you think he should win a welterweight belt first? Why should he be number 1 for beating up an old slow lightweight? I mean it gets old constantly saying the same shit over and over. I do not know why I even bother.

So in closing I will say I do not think Pac will get by Cotto, but if he does, he definately deserves to be P4P#1.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 28 2009, 07:27 PM) *
What has Floyd done lately? He was off for almost 2 years. And then he beat a lightweight for crying out loud. And for all you guys saying the weight isn't a factor, please give it a rest. There are weight classes for a reason, and fighters have optimal weight classes. Dude...Shane would have KO'd JMM within 3 rounds easy. But I would have gave him very little credit for a win like that for obvious reasons. Sorry, but you should have to be an ACTIVE fighter with solid wins to have that title. Just my opinion.

You are actually giving him credit for beating Baldy?He was garbage. Zab came off a freaking loss when he fought Floyd. Beating Diego was by far his best performance, but how long ago was that and at what weight was it at?135. He should have got the loss in the first JLC fight. Man, give me something recent where Floyd has earned the spot at the top.

And please stop comparing what Floyd did to a lightweight, and how JMM gave Pac nightmares. Styles. I guess Pac softened him up for Floyd,lol. I could EASILY say right back to you that Pac destroyed Hatton in 2 rounds where Hatton lasted way longer and made it semi-competative against Floyd. And Floyd only won a split decision over Oscar where Pac fully embarrassed him and gave him his worst beating ever. Shit...Pac beat Oscar worse that Bernard did. That has got to mean Pac is better than Bernard.

You can call me hater all you want. I am a huge Mosley fan, but you do not see me putting him at P4P#1 either. I am trying to be realist about this. Floyd's huge lack of talent on his resume at 140-147 speaks for itself. I can name so many better more suitable fighters he could have faced. I would actually be embarrassed being a fan of his, with all his stuttering, disrespectfuness, and ducking top welterweights. Geez, Floyd has to beat the Welterweight Champion first before being considered. I mean don't you think he should win a welterweight belt first? Why should he be number 1 for beating up an old slow lightweight? I mean it gets old constantly saying the same shit over and over. I do not know why I even bother.

So in closing I will say I do not think Pac will get by Cotto, but if he does, he definately deserves to be P4P#1.

baldy was undisputed champ that not his fault it was more zabs and he beat zab right after to end that arguement

lol your roided up shane mosely is not the welter champ because he never took it from the champ who was floyd before he retired.. you should really be a floyd fan and thank him for vacating all the belts and retiring FLOYD made shane relevant again, before that he was just DLH's sparring partner lol

As mentioned he's active now! so his resume goes into consideration IMO.... I can see you dont take resumes into consideration because you just happened to "skip over" the part of my previous post where I mention the "great boxers" that beat pac man lol

I agree cotto beats pac......Now when cotto happens to beat pac I think cotto would have a better arguement than shane simply cuz he beat shane head to head
Fitz
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 29 2009, 01:07 PM) *
lol your roided up shane mosely is not the welter champ because he never took it from the champ who was floyd before he retired.

Haha. That may be correct, but who has Floyd given the opportunity to take his crown? Hatton (one controversial fight at 147) and has now since fought Marquez. Yeah, he is really giving the real welters a good chance, huh?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 28 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Haha. That may be correct, but who has Floyd given the opportunity to take his crown? Hatton (one controversial fight at 147) and has now since fought Marquez. Yeah, he is really giving the real welters a good chance, huh?

no arguing that. Im not stating that he's the welter champ. For the record all this welter champ talk is junk theres no real one right now floyd left the belts scattered hell even p-will has a belt along with berto so right now I dont believe one man is head and shoulders above all and should be called the welter champ like some people call shane
Fitz
I can agree with that. Mosley is considered the top welter weight, while he has some rights to claim that, I don't think it's clear cut as many make it out to be. Mosley-Cotto-Margarito have all split fights between them, yet Mosley is considered the man.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 29 2009, 12:22 AM) *
no arguing that. Im not stating that he's the welter champ. For the record all this welter champ talk is junk theres no real one right now floyd left the belts scattered hell even p-will has a belt along with berto so right now I dont believe one man is head and shoulders above all and should be called the welter champ like some people call shane

Most people consider him the champ cause the way he beat Margarito.His loss to Cotto was really close. Cotto was brutally stopped by Margarito and won a controversial decision over Clottey. Berto won a controversial decision Collazo. So as far as more recent history, Shane seems to be the top welterweight. Atleast the majority of people think that.

And Shane is atleast trying to get a fight with PBF, but obviously he wants no part of that cause he is straight up scared. Mosley wants to prove he is the best in the ring, while Floyd would rather con more superfans by fighting lesser fighters.
JaRaNDa
It is truly upsetting, frustrating and a pinch humorous how anyone can even attempt to criticize Mosleys resume, competition or desire to fight the best! Mayweather may beat Mosley(my pick)..hell he may even look great doing it, but Mosley has already fought much bigger, dangerous fighters than Mayweather who had a truckload of skills themselves, so how is it he is afraid of Mayweather?

Some think Mayweather will make Mosley wait for as long as possible till he gets old..but many fail to bring up that Mosley IS already old and is no longer at his best..yet Mayweather STILL has not fought him? Let me guess though..He beat Baldomir & Zab, so there is no need to ever fight true welter like, Mosley, Cotto, Margs, Williams, Clottey, Collazo, Quintana, Berto or evan a Cintron?? Maybe Floyd should be excused, because all them fighters have beat each other up..because they actually got in the ring instead of 'cheerleading' about how great they are & talk about money?

On the other hand people are acting like Marquez who was a featherweight not too long ago is acting like it's no biggie when the man just recently campaigned at Lightweight which was no walk in the park from him while fighting the best jumps all the way to Welter which is a massive accomplishment on its own. To Marquez's credit it was a very bold moving all the way to Welter even if he was going to fight a Collazo or Quintana caliber fighter, but instead people expected him to carry all that extra weight & actually be good in the ring....& beat Floyd Mayweather??
Please..this was no 'tune-up' but a fucking inexcusable way to make 'money' & 'credit' by beating a much, much smaller man in Marquez who done much hard work in the last 5+ years to be considered arguably the best fighter in the world, when he could have fought a top 10...fuck evan top 20 welter instead.

Back to the original topic Mosley is no top p4p fighter but should not be debated that he is infact the best Welter at the moment & for Mayweather and for this matter Pac want to beat the best they gotta jump in the ring with Sugar Shane with no cheap tricks before fight night to be considered the best Welterweight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 28 2009, 04:20 PM) *
Remember this is the guy who got beat by Vernon Forrest twice. Anybody who follows the sport knows that he's always avoided certain guys, Mayweather being one.

Vernon Forest was a great fighter and anybody who follows the sport knows what you said here is 100% wrong.

If I'm Floyd I realize that there's no financial benefit to fighting Shane particularly with his in the ring escapades a few weeks back after the Marquez fight.

If HBO offered Floyd 15-20 million, which I assume they would for that fight right now, would that classify as financial benefit? Surely you can't be implying that Shane confronting Floyd in front of 1,000,000 PPV buyers hurt the marketability of that fight?

If Shane wanted to prove anything he would of taken the Mayweather fight in 99 or 06. But family vacations and a right cross to his mouth that loosend his teeth from Margarito were more important priorities.

Beating Floyd in 1999 wouldn't have proved anything and the offer in '06 was a smoke screen. You also just showed here how little you've been following things but I'll leave that to you to try and figure out.

Mayweather is the now and the future and has nothing to prove with his 40-0 record. Time is running out for Mosely and he knows it. I always respected Shane but Floyd is clearly in another class.

Of course Floyd has to prove things otherwise there wouldn't be so many of us saying so. Let's see Floyd prove he's in another class and not just assume it.

Answer me this, out of Floyd's 40 victims, which of those do you think would have beaten Shane?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 28 2009, 08:27 PM) *
Beating Diego was by far his best performance, but how long ago was that and at what weight was it at?135.

Actually that fight was at 130.

In January 2001.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Sep 29 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Actually that fight was at 130.

In January 2001.

Damn...that long ago. Thanks for correcting me on the weight dude. I forgot that was at 130, hard to believe how Diego fought there for awhile with his frame.
KookedKrack
to say that mosley isnt the p4p king is fine but to fucking deny his resume is just plain hating he has consistently fought dangerous fighters
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 28 2009, 11:37 PM) *
Most people consider him the champ cause the way he beat Margarito.His loss to Cotto was really close. Cotto was brutally stopped by Margarito and won a controversial decision over Clottey. Berto won a controversial decision Collazo. So as far as more recent history, Shane seems to be the top welterweight. Atleast the majority of people think that.

And Shane is atleast trying to get a fight with PBF, but obviously he wants no part of that cause he is straight up scared. Mosley wants to prove he is the best in the ring, while Floyd would rather con more superfans by fighting lesser fighters.

once AGAIN u dont even bother trying defend pac's defeats to those great boxers lol
guess u still need a little more time to come up with a good response to that one, so u can try to cover up the fact that ur hatred of floyd influences ur boxing opinions..... is lights out Dougie Fischer???? go back the ring.com haha

and good lord you'll defend shane to the death.

cotto beat shane end of discussion!!!! buffer doesnt announce Cottos record as 34 victories with one victory really close lol its a W period

like I've said berto is undefeated and p-will well he's just a freak NOW, I agree majority may think shane is the top welter but there are plenty who oppose...Bottom line there is no clear king at welter with the belts scattered and everyone having a valid arguement. that was not around when floyd was king at welter. Admit that at least u floyd hater good lord I'm calling it the way it is shane was just a sparring partner at the time of floyds reign p-will was coming up margs was irrelevant after p-will exposed him and no there just seems to be no clarity. I think honestly people are just throwing shane as welter king to try to make a floyd fight because right now there are only two money options and thats pac or shane
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 29 2009, 05:09 PM) *
once AGAIN u dont even bother trying defend pac's defeats to those great boxers lol
guess u still need a little more time to come up with a good response to that one, so u can try to cover up the fact that ur hatred of floyd influences ur boxing opinions..... is lights out Dougie Fischer???? go back the ring.com haha

and good lord you'll defend shane to the death.

cotto beat shane end of discussion!!!! buffer doesnt announce Cottos record as 34 victories with one victory really close lol its a W period

like I've said berto is undefeated and p-will well he's just a freak NOW, I agree majority may think shane is the top welter but there are plenty who oppose...Bottom line there is no clear king at welter with the belts scattered and everyone having a valid arguement. that was not around when floyd was king at welter. Admit that at least u floyd hater good lord I'm calling it the way it is shane was just a sparring partner at the time of floyds reign p-will was coming up margs was irrelevant after p-will exposed him and no there just seems to be no clarity. I think honestly people are just throwing shane as welter king to try to make a floyd fight because right now there are only two money options and thats pac or shane

If you consider me a hater, than you sure as heck are a hugger. You huggers have no idea how to listen to reason.

Okay smartass. Pac has not lost in sometime now and has been very impressive in MOVING up in weight and demolishing fighters. WTF or who the fuck has Floyd beating lately to warrant being the best??? I don't give a fuck who he beat in his past, we are talking present. Do you think maybe Pac has improved? So I guess no matter what or who PW beats in his future, he can never be P4P cause he lost to Quintana years ago? So fn what if Pac lost to those fighters earlier, he has clearly improved and fights bigger fighters. Unlike Floyd who preys on smaller fighters and has almost been inactive for 2 years. Call it hate all you want, I call it FACTS!!!

Shane was just a sparring partner...hahahah. You really are either stupid or maybe we should just call you a Shane Hater. Seems pretty obvious to me. If that ain't calling the kettle black.

So was Margs irrelevant the years he was calling out Floyd BEFORE he lost to PW. Atleast PW was not a puss and actually stepped in the ring with Margarito. Remember Floyd calling out Winky years ago, then Winky calls his bluff, and do you remember how Floyd dodged him too?

Damn right I defend Shane to death. He has the balls to fight anybody his own size or bigger. He is the one willing to settle this welterweight mess, unlike Floyd who stutters his way out of any question when it comes to fighting Shane. I just want to see the 2 best welterweights fight one another. PERIOD. I am sick of Floyd's BS. Too many fights never get made due to stupid politics or fighters ego's or whatever else. So why the fuck should I be a fan of Mayweather when he is this so called gifted unbeatable welterweight, but he will not even fight the best in his division??? Then I must listen to superfans as yourself defend his actions?

Also, I will be the first one to give props to Floyd if he ever fights Shane and beats him. I would not mind him in there with Clottey, Cotto, or even Berto.

This his my last post to you on this subject. I am not wasting anymore time with you Mr. Ellerbe.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 29 2009, 03:37 PM) *
If you consider me a hater, than you sure as heck are a hugger. You huggers have no idea how to listen to reason.

Okay smartass. Pac has not lost in sometime now and has been very impressive in MOVING up in weight and demolishing fighters. WTF or who the fuck has Floyd beating lately to warrant being the best??? I don't give a fuck who he beat in his past, we are talking present. Do you think maybe Pac has improved? So I guess no matter what or who PW beats in his future, he can never be P4P cause he lost to Quintana years ago? So fn what if Pac lost to those fighters earlier, he has clearly improved and fights bigger fighters. Unlike Floyd who preys on smaller fighters and has almost been inactive for 2 years. Call it hate all you want, I call it FACTS!!!

Shane was just a sparring partner...hahahah. You really are either stupid or maybe we should just call you a Shane Hater. Seems pretty obvious to me. If that ain't calling the kettle black.

So was Margs irrelevant the years he was calling out Floyd BEFORE he lost to PW. Atleast PW was not a puss and actually stepped in the ring with Margarito. Remember Floyd calling out Winky years ago, then Winky calls his bluff, and do you remember how Floyd dodged him too?

Damn right I defend Shane to death. He has the balls to fight anybody his own size or bigger. He is the one willing to settle this welterweight mess, unlike Floyd who stutters his way out of any question when it comes to fighting Shane. I just want to see the 2 best welterweights fight one another. PERIOD. I am sick of Floyd's BS. Too many fights never get made due to stupid politics or fighters ego's or whatever else. So why the fuck should I be a fan of Mayweather when he is this so called gifted unbeatable welterweight, but he will not even fight the best in his division??? Then I must listen to superfans as yourself defend his actions?

Also, I will be the first one to give props to Floyd if he ever fights Shane and beats him. I would not mind him in there with Clottey, Cotto, or even Berto.

This his my last post to you on this subject. I am not wasting anymore time with you Mr. Ellerbe.

Then by all means keep defending a proven cheater (Roid user) shows how high your morals are

and whoa took u two days to come back with that defense of pac mans defeats Like I said u cant erase this on his resume which I take into consideration If you dont, simply state u dont care bout losses and resumes then this arguement would be donr. to me it seems ur saying as long as they look good now erase previous defeats?? ur obviously one of those fans who ignored that shane look old and slow just one fight before margs against Mayo

oh yes im a hugger cuz i havent said cotto would beat floyd and didnt pick judah over floyd whatever you say Dougie read a previous post or two before u label a poster on here! You'll look ignorant If you dont

I'll see ya when shane loses to floyd
this thread is now closed
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 29 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Then by all means keep defending a proven cheater (Roid user) shows how high your morals are

and whoa took u two days to come back with that defense of pac mans defeats Like I said u cant erase this on his resume which I take into consideration If you dont simply state u dont care bout losses as long as they look good now cuz ur obviously one of those fans who ignored that shane look old and slow just one fight before margs against Mayo

oh yes im a hugger cuz i havent said cotto would beat floyd and didnt pick judah over floyd whatever you say Dougie read a previous post or two before u label a poster on here! You'll look ignorant If you dont

I'll see ya when shane loses to floyd
this thread is now closed

LOL!!! I can not even understand what you wrote, so I could not even respond if I wanted. I would be embarrassed if I just wrote that dribble you just posted. But I already told you I am done on this subject with you. You are obviously not too educated on this sport by reading your posts.

Oh...Shane WON'T lose to Floyd cause he is too much of a PUSSY to actually step in the ring with Mosley in the first place.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 29 2009, 06:50 PM) *
LOL!!! I can not even understand what you wrote, so I could not even respond if I wanted. I would be embarrassed if I just wrote that dribble you just posted. But I already told you I am done on this subject with you. You are obviously not too educated on this sport by reading your posts.

Oh...Shane WON'T lose to Floyd cause he is too much of a PUSSY to actually step in the ring with Mosley in the first place.

lol let me break it down for you in simplier terms

1) u defend a cheater therefore I question your morals (moral: Adj: concerned with the judgement of the goodness of human action or character). I mean if u defend shane for taking roids and see it as ok then your son, if u have or ever have one will probably be juicing from birth

2) If you would have just said you dont care bout pac's previous losses then that would have been it no arguement. I aint here to try to change people's beliefs or opinions I just believe resume is or should be a big factor in P4p

oh...and come on calling Floyd a PUSSY anyman who steps in the ring has heart... Im 19 yrs old and I stopped the calling people names thing awhile back haha...I have a feeling your a grown man calling fighters names lol good grief thats childish I'm not here calling Shane an Old fart or a ASSHOLE for interrupting floyds interview...see how childish that sounds???

are u available for a sig bet?? with cotto pac please say ur pick is pac??? I mean he's your p4p king???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.