Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather/Marquez Post fight press conference
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
WOW... Surprised no one posted anything about it. It appears as though Mayweather is scared shitless of Mosley. He was clearly very bothered by Mosley standing there. Whenevr someone brought up Mosley's name, he starts stuttering and stammering. The excuses appeared to be taking root too. When folks started bringing up Mosley's name, Floyd inject Berto as a barrier between him and Mosley.

That brings us to the story on the front page. Its great to see Mosley opening up and telling the truth. All roads for Mayweather lead to Mosley. If he doesnt fight Mosley, then its an official duck. Right now, Mayweather has no opponent lined up. Mosley is the #1 guy at WW and arguably the biggest draw available. Whats the excuse gonna be. How much more stuttering are we gonna have to listen to?? He is scared shitless of M M M.. Mosley.
leonthegee
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2009, 08:20 AM) *
WOW... Surprised no one posted anything about it. It appears as though Mayweather is scared shitless of Mosley. He was clearly very bothered by Mosley standing there. Whenevr someone brought up Mosley's name, he starts stuttering and stammering. The excuses appeared to be taking root too. When folks started bringing up Mosley's name, Floyd inject Berto as a barrier between him and Mosley.

That brings us to the story on the front page. Its great to see Mosley opening up and telling the truth. All roads for Mayweather lead to Mosley. If he doesnt fight Mosley, then its an official duck. Right now, Mayweather has no opponent lined up. Mosley is the #1 guy at WW and arguably the biggest draw available. Whats the excuse gonna be. How much more stuttering are we gonna have to listen to?? He is scared shitless of M M M.. Mosley.

i would think that floyd has to at least wait and see what happens with rogers case 1st before he plans anything. i mean roger is his trainer. if roger has to do some time that can really fuck things up.
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2009, 10:20 AM) *

laugh.gif He stutters like that anytime anyone asks him about a Mosley or a Cotto in any interview you'll see. They are the last people Floyd wants to fight...he is praying for Pacman to beat Cotto but that isnt gonna happen then Floyd will be forced to choose like you said and even the Floyd nuthuggers will see what everyone else sees already...
leonthegee
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 25 2009, 08:48 AM) *
laugh.gif He stutters like that anytime anyone asks him about a Mosley or a Cotto in any interview you'll see. They are the last people Floyd wants to fight...he is praying for Pacman to beat Cotto but that isnt gonna happen then Floyd will be forced to choose like you said and even the Floyd nuthuggers will see what everyone else sees already...

cottos got no chin. cottos always staggering like a drunk in every fight that hes had, even the ones that he wins. if i were may i would be praying for cotto to beat pacquiao. easy negotiations, an easier opponent, and u could finally get some respect. the cotto v pacquiao winner either one of them get ktfo. easy work the real test is mosley. but with mosley lack of head movement i dont really see that as being a test either.
D-MARV
Mayweather would handle Cotto with ease. Cotto would be a round or two more competetive then Marquez.
Box in Hand
Mayweather is not scared. I just think he doesn't want to be pressured into a situation until after Cotto and Pac fight. That's the fight he wants.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 25 2009, 12:04 PM) *
Mayweather would handle Cotto with ease. Cotto would be a round or two more competetive then Marquez.

it would be much more competitive. Mayweather would have to beware of Cottos power. He didn't have to worry about that with Marquez. And he fought like that. In Cotto he has to worry about a faster guy who can bang, box and pressure. Absolutely different from Marquez.
streetlion1
You guys are sleepin on Cotto....he has the best resume out of all the welters and presents things that will give Gayweather trouble. His size...jab...body punching...Cotto is a very live dog against anyone at welter even Gayweather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHlEQtYs-j0
Douchebag
I think a Cotto Vs Mayweather fight would be a lot more competitive than a lot of people think, even with this version of Cotto. Mayweather will not KO Cotto. If he couldn't put Marquez away he sure as hell isn't putting Cotto away.
JD
I give Mayweather a better chance of beating Cotto...I give Pacquiao a better chance of stopping Cotto.
MarzB
I'd like to see Mayweather and Cotto mainly because I'd like to see who wins as far as when Cotto goes to the body. Will his body attack slow Mayweather's movement or will he get countered while going to the body making him more leery in going.

I think if he learned one thing in that Margarito fight is that he has to go to the body at all cost in future fights. He didn't do it with Clottey (I thought he lost that fight personally) and we saw what happened. He did it with Mosley beautifully.

HE BETTER DO IT with Pacquiao
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2009, 12:36 PM) *
it would be much more competitive. Mayweather would have to beware of Cottos power. He didn't have to worry about that with Marquez. And he fought like that. In Cotto he has to worry about a faster guy who can bang, box and pressure. Absolutely different from Marquez.

LOL... Thats why he didn't press for the KO? If he wasn't worried about Juan's power then he would have KO'd him one of the ten times he had him hurt.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 25 2009, 02:12 PM) *
LOL... Thats why he didn't press for the KO? If he wasn't worried about Juan's power then he would have KO'd him one of the ten times he had him hurt.

I think Mayweather is lacking in the power department.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2009, 04:19 PM) *
I think Mayweather is lacking in the power department.

LOL... Marquez was clearly hurt by a single punch early in the fight. floyd's power is good. Not Great, but good.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 25 2009, 03:44 PM) *
LOL... Marquez was clearly hurt by a single punch early in the fight. floyd's power is good. Not Great, but good.

u r right on about moneys power. this isnt about how hard u punches its called boxing and who does this better then floyd no one with that said all these fights r easy for floyd except shane love how he fights but golden boy is using him damn man i hate to see such a great fighter and guy get treated like this f**k golden boy
Snoop
Floyd hits harder than most people think, not in the sense that he has heavy hands or 1 punch KO power, but true punching power from a combination of speed and accuracy. The problem is he's a safety first fighter, so he doesn't open up as much as he should.
HaydelHammer
IMO, you can't come in there like that on that man when he was supposed to get his day in the sun(2yrs off, dominating performance..etc). Indeed I've always felt shane would give floyd fits, but damn that....Max let all of golden boy and then some in that ring on that man(talking sh*t might I add)........I would have done the same sh*t....str8 fk yall mode...I"m the cash cow...ya'll need me.... now let me talk.

Max lost control of a situation he started. Amateurish. Even (hurts to say this) larry merchant would have gotten us an actual yes or no or something that night...not "JIM" as max lost control of everything and passed it down....then later try to act all shocked as to why floyd was in defense mode......I would have been in defense mode to.

Hell floyd actually gave him the mic back when he said "jim" and was out. fk em. I agree. They did that man dirty if you ask me. Fk Golden boy.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Sep 25 2009, 04:44 PM) *

Nope. Its average. Marquez is a lightweight, he was supposed to be able to hurt him.
provo
First off there is NO WAY cotto could beat floyd ,floyd would outbox the shit out of him ,he won't knock him out that's not floyds game or maybe he don't have the power but he is the best boxer in the game ! Cotto wouldn't do shit ,Pressure him ? Yeah go ahead that's everyones game plan against mayweather and it hasn't worked !

And as far as the Marquez fight I was pissed he didn't knock him out and take a chance at him to stop him it was there
ezdoseit
QUOTE (provo @ Sep 25 2009, 10:13 PM) *
First off there is NO WAY cotto could beat floyd ,floyd would outbox the shit out of him ,he won't knock him out that's not floyds game or maybe he don't have the power but he is the best boxer in the game ! Cotto wouldn't do shit ,Pressure him ? Yeah go ahead that's everyones game plan against mayweather and it hasn't worked !

And as far as the Marquez fight I was pissed he didn't knock him out and take a chance at him to stop him it was there

i disagree styles makes fights with cotto he will apply presure and go to the body with that he will leave himself open for counters and cotto tires late. chasing floyd wont be easy and wear cotto down late round ko!!
gbh32001
No One Will Beat Floyd In This Generation.Period!Unless he is willing to fight the best in his class.
Warlord
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Sep 26 2009, 01:31 AM) *
No One Will Beat Floyd In This Generation.Period!Unless he is willing to fight the best in his class.

I bet The Conscience could beat him in a street fight, couldn't you James?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.