Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V. Klitschko vs. C. Arreola:HBO@9:45 PM (CST) SPOILERS THAN
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
This thread is for all on-going round by round action and post-fight reactions to the WBC Heavyweight Title fight between Vitali Klitschko and Chris Arreola. The live call should begin@ 9:45 PM (CST) on HBO. (The taped rebroadcast of Mayweather-Marquez opens the show at 9PM CST.)

Jack

Administrator
King Eugene
This joint is going the distance. Klitschko doesn't want to exchange.
streetlion1
I think Arreola will fall eventually.....Damn I hate the way Klit fights!
King Eugene
I hate the way VItali fights. He fights so damn safety first. Like he is scared to let anybody some what close. I'm hoping Arreola pull a Rahman. Anybody that says Mayweather is running, what do you call what Vitali is doing?
KookedKrack
christ i cant stand the way this awkward robot fights
King Eugene
I found my second most hated fighter. VITALI PUSSYKO
King Eugene
Can Vitali keep this up for 12 rounds is my question cause Chris isn't giving up.
streetlion1
Damn even when Chris does close the distance he doesnt throw...he just stands there.
BrutalBodyShots
What's going on in the fight? I'm at work and won't get to see it. What round is it in and what has happened so far? What does it look like the result will be?
KookedKrack
klit by boring ud seems to be whats happening
streetlion1
Vitali running and jabbing....Chris tryin to get inside...both look like their getting tired but round 8...Chris looks like hes tryin to make it a rougher fight...he is clearly behind on scorecards..
King Eugene
Gotta love Chris determination. Just better be careful he doesn't get caught though. VItali is a damn pussy!!! Arreola is losing via shutout though.
King Eugene
Arreola is getting his ass tagged though.
Box in Hand
Klits is open for an over hand right but Chris just isn't using it.
streetlion1
Yeah....Klit has taken Arreola right hand away completely with his movement and jab....your right Vitali is a damn pussy!
gbh32001
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 27 2009, 11:56 AM) *
Arreola is getting his ass tagged though.
Good for Clitskho by outboxing the smaller man. These giant brothers makes the heavyweights boring.
King Eugene
BS Stoppage.....They should have atleast let him finish.

Was Chris just crying?
streetlion1
Wow....I feel bad for Arreola in there crying like a baby....he tried but when your opponent is a 6'6 250lb pussy who fights like a Ukranian Gayweather all night thats what you get.
King Eugene
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:07 AM) *
Wow....I feel bad for Arreola in there crying like a baby....he tried but when your opponent is a 6'6 250lb pussy who fights like a Ukranian Gayweather all night thats what you get.

laugh.gif

He was way worse they Mayweather. "Vitali's a strong mother fucker" lmao
The CEO
Damn...Big Vitali with his old man legs just Owned that boy....lol

Credit to Arreola for lasting as long as he did...but he should have taken my advice and gone all out in the early rounds...as that looks like his only shot was to go for an early desperation KO.
Fitz
Can anyone tell me if this is worth downloading? Even if it's just to watch Arreola cry?
King Eugene
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 27 2009, 12:17 AM) *

Credit to Arreola for lasting as long as he did...but he should have taken my advice and gone all out in the early rounds...as that looks like his only shot was to go for an early desperation KO.

I think he did try to go all out early but was just kept at bay. Sucks though! Now we gotta see Vitali pussy ass box again. The Stewart was talking about if Wlad and Vitali fought it would be brutal. WTF EVER!!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 27 2009, 12:20 AM) *
Can anyone tell me if this is worth downloading? Even if it's just to watch Arreola cry?

HELL NO! Not worth the memory on your hard drive or your money if you have to pay for the download.
The Original MrFactor
That was a brutal, one sided beat down. Jab, jab, jab,right, move, repeat over the course of 10 one sided rounds. David haye also has no chance. Its going to take a tall rangey guy(like Lennox Lewis) to hang(not necessarily beat) Vitaly.

Vitaly should be ranked P4P. I also think he is better than Wlad. Wlad comes off as very vulnerable. I'm not sure he deals with Arreola's pressure the same as Vit. Vit has great movement. It looks awkward because its still hard to believe a big guy can move like that. He's a great fighter. If he can stay fleet footed, he can probably fight well into his 40's.
kidbazooka1
I was once again reminded tonight why i never watch these boring ass Klitchcko's dman these f*cker sure do know how to hit and run and hold you to death in the inside.

Arreola showed alot of heart in there and i give him mad props for standing up and taking it and never getting discouraged but he was also physicaly outgunned and just didn't have the tools to make it happen. But i will say that when the bitch brothers retire or get KTFO by someone I can see Arreola picking up a belt or two.
kidbazooka1

yeah if you wanna see one guy hit, run and hold for 10 rds and the other guy chasing him aournd.
provo
Arreola sucks "overated" him being a top name just shows everyone how sorry the heavyweight division is this guy has no skills LOL ..
This fucker was crying LOL .....
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:24 AM) *
I was once again reminded tonight why i never watch these boring ass Klitchcko's dman these f*cker sure do know how to hit and run and hold you to death in the inside.

Arreola showed alot of heart in there and i give him mad props for standing up and taking it and never getting discouraged but he was also physicaly outgunned and just didn't have the tools to make it happen. But i will say that when the bitch brothers retire or get KTFO by someone I can see Arreola picking up a belt or two.

He didnt really hold that much. For all those that claim Mayweather/Marquez was such a great performance, this was very similar. The difference is that Vitaly fought a guy in his weight class who was thought of as a huge up and comer. This was a great performance and as much of a shutout as they come.

Larry Merchant echoed something I wrote in another thread. What If the Klits were from a ranch in Montana. they would be the greatest fighters that ever fucking lived.
The Original MrFactor

If you liked Mayweather/Marquez, then you'd like this. It was watchable because it did show a formula to bfight Klit. Arreola provides pressure, just no offense behind it.
Aware
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 12:32 AM) *
The difference is that Vitaly fought a guy in his weight class who was thought of as a huge up and comer. This was a great performance and as much of a shutout as they come.

Larry Merchant echoed something I wrote in another thread. What If the Klits were from a ranch in Montana. they would be the greatest fighters that ever fucking lived.

Come on man, physically this was a bigger mismatch than Mayweather-Marquez. Vitaly is a great fighter I ain't gonna hate. He fights with his hands down and rarely gets hit. Where did all the heavyweights go? Is there anybody who can hang?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 26 2009, 11:32 PM) *

yeah fighting in the weakest f*cking HW divison in history.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Aware @ Sep 27 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Come on man, physically this was a bigger mismatch than Mayweather-Marquez. Vitaly is a great fighter I ain't gonna hate. He fights with his hands down and rarely gets hit. Where did all the heavyweights go? Is there anybody who can hang?

Physical, no way!! Skill wise, you may have a point. However Mayweather could have fought a guy in his class who was lower ranked(luis Collazo) or somebody. Mayweather chose a guy 2 weight classes beneath him. Vitaly chose a live opponent. I cant argue that there was any better guy on Klits short list.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:44 AM) *
yeah fighting in the weakest f*cking HW divison in history.

It wast about the era so much as it was about RACE. That all hated word.
provo
QUOTE (Aware @ Sep 26 2009, 09:42 PM) *

NOPE! That's why a weak ass guy like arreola gets hype ! If there were good fighters in the heavyweight divison arreola would not be known! He's weak....
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 26 2009, 11:48 PM) *
It wast about the era so much as it was about RACE. That all hated word.

I disagree you can give me a prime Louis, Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis sh*t even Bowe over any of these so called top HW now in days.

It was pretty damn obviouse the HW's were so much more skilled back in the day then now in days.
Aware
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 12:47 AM) *
Physical, no way!! Skill wise, you may have a point. However Mayweather could have fought a guy in his class who was lower ranked(luis Collazo) or somebody. Mayweather chose a guy 2 weight classes beneath him. Vitaly chose a live opponent. I cant argue that there was any better guy on Klits short list.

Klitchko is 4 inches taller than Arreola, Mayweather is only 1-2 inches taller than JMM. Arreola was in way worse shape than JMM. You can have two heavyweights in the same division and it can still be a physical mismatch. Not knocking Klitchko on the choice of opponent cuz there just ain't nobody out there.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 27 2009, 12:54 AM) *
I disagree you can give me a prime Louis, Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis sh*t even Bowe over any of these so called top HW now in days.

It was pretty damn obviouse the HW's were so much more skilled back in the day then now in days.

You and I are in 2 different conversations. Let me try again. Larry Merchent asked "What if the Klitschko's were from a ranch in Montana?" What would the perception be? The Arreola fight would have been another in a great string of flawless victories. Mayweather had a point when he mentioned RACE. Many white guys accuse us of pulling the race card when a black person brings up race, but Larry Merchant opened that door today on live TV. He just verified alot of what Mayweather said. i'm no Mayweather fan, but he did have a point. Americans havent really taken to the Klits. You can have all the Bowe's Holy's and Tysons you want, they werent white. Had they been, they would be much bigger than they are today.

I hate to use this example. Look at New Kids on the Block and New Edition. One group is white from Boston, one black from Boston. Both of them brought out by a guy named Maurice Starr. Which group have you actually heard of?? I've seen both and let me tell you New Edition hands down is more talented. New Kids on the Block is more marketable.
AussieLad
Jesus fucking christ... out comes this race card bullshit again. And what makes it worse is that this boxing site is now discussing new kids on the block... new kids on the block... wtf?

I really cant believe this shit

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 27 2009, 01:16 AM) *
Jesus fucking christ... out comes this race card bullshit again. And what makes it worse is that this boxing site is now discussing new kids on the block... new kids on the block... wtf?

Jesus fucking christ, as soon as some of you see race you flare up like Bulls... Some people really hate to talk about race. Race card... That term was probably invented by racists to counteract every claim of racism by black folks. I guess we're supposed to put our blinders on and not talk about race evr now that the US President is black...

Whatever... read the fricking posts and understand that Larry Merchant brought it up tonight after the boxing match. That is why it is relevant today. He implied that if the Klits were amercans, how the American public would embrace them.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 26 2009, 11:17 PM) *

Yea,

Chris should have followed the advice of CEO and me and gone all out in the early rounds. Nipples just did not have an answer for how to get inside. I did give him round 8, but that is all. Klitschko may be boring to watch, but it will be very difficult for the current crop of heavyweight champions and contenders to combat his height and his jab.

Jack
Warlord
The Klits needing to be American to have a bigger fanbase has nothing to do with race. It has to do with nationalism. Some of you guys need to sort that shit out.

As for Tyson and Ali, they could not have been bigger than they were. They were already at the peak, the same as Jordan was in the NBA. Rocky Marciano (my all-time favorite) was white, and he was nowhere near Joe Louis (who came before) or Mike Tyson (who came after) in terms of popularity. So flush the race shit down the toilet fellows, it's getting old.

One more note... white people cheering for Klit because he's white is not racist. Blacks booing him because he's white is racist, the same way it's racist if whites boo a black fighter for being black.

Everyone's a little racist, so let's all shut the fuck up. No "reverse racism" either, goddamn it, racism is racism no matter who it's coming from or where it's directed. So let's all STFU and talk about boxing for a change, shall we? Sweet.

That's my opinion... so it must be right!

Snoop
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 27 2009, 05:16 AM) *

Pending on watching the interview myself, it sounds like Larry Merchant was talking about NATIONALITY and not race.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Sep 27 2009, 01:47 AM) *
Pending on watching the interview myself, it sounds like Larry Merchant was talking about NATIONALITY and not race.

The whole Montana thing made it about race. Aint too many black people on Ranches in Montana.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 27 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The Klits needing to be American to have a bigger fanbase has nothing to do with race. It has to do with nationalism. Some of you guys need to sort that shit out.

As for Tyson and Ali, they could not have been bigger than they were. They were already at the peak, the same as Jordan was in the NBA. Rocky Marciano (my all-time favorite) was white, and he was nowhere near Joe Louis (who came before) or Mike Tyson (who came after) in terms of popularity. So flush the race shit down the toilet fellows, it's getting old.

One more note... white people cheering for Klit because he's white is not racist. Blacks booing him because he's white is racist, the same way it's racist if whites boo a black fighter for being black.

Everyone's a little racist, so let's all shut the fuck up. No "reverse racism" either, goddamn it, racism is racism no matter who it's coming from or where it's directed. So let's all STFU and talk about boxing for a change, shall we? Sweet.

That's my opinion... so it must be right!

I guess we're supposed to not talk about race as it pertains to boxing because some white guy says so...

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 05:23 AM) *
That was a brutal, one sided beat down. Jab, jab, jab,right, move, repeat over the course of 10 one sided rounds. David haye also has no chance. Its going to take a tall rangey guy(like Lennox Lewis) to hang(not necessarily beat) Vitaly.

Haye at 6'5" is big & rangey.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 06:09 AM) *
Mayweather had a point when he mentioned RACE. Many white guys accuse us of pulling the race card when a black person brings up race, but Larry Merchant opened that door today on live TV. He just verified alot of what Mayweather said. i'm no Mayweather fan, but he did have a point. Americans havent really taken to the Klits. You can have all the Bowe's Holy's and Tysons you want, they werent white. Had they been, they would be much bigger than they are today.

What a crock of shit. America by & large is extremely xenophobic. If it don't happen in the good ole USA then it don't matter. What other country would have the arrogance to call a national league the "world series" rolleyes_anim.gif .

FLoyd is hated because he is a fuckhead arrogant egotistical arsehole not because his skin is dark. The fact is that if Mayweather can indeed generate 1,000,000 PPV buys & break buy rate records in his fights shows race plays NO part in his success. He chose to play the bad guy & cannot bitch that he is not lauded for his attitude. It is nothing to do with his skin tone. The Klit brothers are universally derided because they are European guys who fight scared & have serious homosexual tendencies not because they are white. I do agree that if they were cornfed hilnillies they would be a lot more popular but that would be because they are American.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 06:51 AM) *
The whole Montana thing made it about race. Aint too many black people on Ranches in Montana.

No it was a apt description of if they were corn fed big ole farmboys then Americans would be far more likely to get behind them.
AussieLad
I am tired of this topic continually coming up of late on this board. Boxing is about skill and ability. Personality plays a big part in determining a fighters popularity, along with their own style in the ring. If people wanna discuss those aspects of the sport, fine by me, but leave the crying of persecution at the door. People muttering racist garbage on this site usually get shot down fairly quickly, so lets just leave it at that rather than seeing boogey men in every shadow

WolfishPromistah
He has his own “offenense” – Manny Steward, referring to Vitali Klit’s fighting style

“He’s so tall and fights so tall … it’s like he does rope-a-dope in the middle of the ring.” – Merchant about Klitschko

Two of my favorite quotes on the night, besides Arreola's sudden and never ending "mothaf_kazzz & tears" rants at the end of the night.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 05:51 AM) *

But I don't see how it is about race with the Klits. I imagine Merchant's point of the failure of their marketability was because they're European, not because they're black, because they're not. Ok, you know what, I'm gonna watch it first then comment. lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.