Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shannon Briggs Come back. STAND UP BROOKLYN!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Misfit
He's coming back New Promo.

Shannon Briggs Comeback Promo.
Get the belt back to Brooklyn! Pass this it around the World.
Produced by MISFITPRODUCTIONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwMBuvKGYs
KookedKrack
wish i had more hands .......so i can give this four thumbs down...

The Original MrFactor
More like Shannon the Cannon Fodder... The Klits would KO him easily.
BGv2.0
Briggs is way too bulky and swollen and slow nowadays to ever do anything. His time passed a long time ago.....

AND...it's not that he could not possibly be a potential belt holder.....but he ALWAYS ends up taking long periods of time off and never really establishes any kind of solid pace and activity level.

He will come back....ko a nobody...take 6 months off ko another nobody.....take a year off....get a middle level opponent...win that and then think he has a right to a title shot....

It's getting old already.
Lil-lightsout
Is this the same guy who would be gassed by the time he walked into the ring?
pacco_diablo
He has the body of a gladiator and the killer instinct of a 90 year old grandmother. He is truly a gentle giant. I cant remember who he fought last but it was ugly. Kind of sad because he actually has the size to beat a klitchko.
thefloatingmonkey
I remember the fight he had against Sultan awhile back. It was bad...really bad. He has zero stamina and zero movement. I wish he would just hang up the gloves. It's definitly time.
iron_mike
Him and Jermain Taylor...do they do any stamina training? Regardless weight division, Shannon has more of an 'excuse' being such a big HW.
The Sergei fight I was about to channel after 11 rds of CRAP, but that 12th rd made up for it. He seems like a nice guy, a genuine guy so I wish him all the luck, but as long as the Ukranian towers are still fighting, forget Briggs, NO HW has a chance. Not Haye, Arreola was touted as the one who might, obviously didn't happen, not anyone.
jlupi
Is this the same guy who would be gassed by the time he walked into the ring? >>>>

thats from the dustmites
Megadeth
I am a fan of Shannon and hope that he can come back and be successful. He has stated many times that he has really bad Asthma and that is one of the major factors in him getting winded so badly. If that is the case, you have to give the guy credit for what he has accomplished.

I also read in an interview that he had pneumonia before his last fight and it was delayed once, but after the first delay he was still sick. The promoter threatened him and he was told he would lose the belt or something along those lines from what I can remember. So I can understand the poor performance as he didnt want to be stripped, plus at least he made the money for the fight, he has a family to feed too.

I would give him a decent chance against Wlad, the sheer size of Shannon is very intimidating. He seems like a pretty hard hitter and I dont think he would be content to stand on the outside of Wlads jab all night. I could definately see Shannon doing what we all were hoping Arreola would do this past weekend, and that is take it right to them Klitschko's.

As it is right now, I think Shannon has the best chance at beating them. Next up is Fast Eddie Chambers, I really like him and became a fan because he used to teach at a gym I taught martial arts at. He is a really nice guy, and a great boxer, but...I think the size is going to be to much for him. But then again he is super quick and if he manages to make Wlad miss, hopefully he can catch him on the counters. I was really impressed with his weight in his last fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2009, 01:09 AM) *
More like Shannon the Cannon Fodder... The Klits would KO him easily.

Only because America is racist and would rather see a foreign white man win than a home-grown black.

Go somewhere else Shannon, Americans won't respect you! They're out to get the black man!
Misfit
Well, to all you non-believers out there.

Shan has been training and training like nobody's business. You can sit here and try to spread hate all you like but it just makes you look ignorant. You dont know him, you dont know how much he's improved, and you certainly dont know how much heart he's puttin into this comeback. Quit being sour and have faith in him. He is on OUR side. The Klitschko's.....Why back up these foreign flops?

Jeremy Shirk,

Team Briggs.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Misfit @ Sep 28 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Shan has been training and training like nobody's business. You can sit here and try to spread hate all you like but it just makes you look ignorant. You dont know him, you dont know how much he's improved, and you certainly dont know how much heart he's puttin into this comeback. Quit being sour and have faith in him. He is on OUR side. The Klitschko's.....Why back up these foreign flops?

Jeremy Shirk,

Team Briggs.

It's not called hate or being sour, it's mainly facts people are stating. I have seen tons of Briggs fights since he turned pro, and he has been a underachiever to me personally. As far as his size and athletic gifts he had, I feel he could have accomplished far more. Agree?

It is hard to put faith in him considering he really has done nothing to deserve it. BUT I really do hope he is improving and is putting his heart into it like you say. I think almost everyone here is waiting and wanting to see a great American heavyweight. We have seen far too many hype jobs, flops, etc. for so long now.

On a side note, I remember a long time ago reading an interview with Shannon somewhere on the net, forget the website. I read about his asthma and other stuff too. I was very impressed with him, pertaining just to the way he talked and how personable he seemed. He seemed like a really cool person. I just was never impressed with him in the ring, especially considering his mammoth size and his good fundamentals. He just lacked certain mental aspects to make it to the next level.

Anyway, best of luck to you and Shannon in the future.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Misfit @ Sep 28 2009, 03:31 PM) *

Jeremy Shirk,

Team Briggs.

Hey....let me tell you...I have supported Shannon Briggs like nobody else....but that last outing with Sultan was the WORST defense of a title I have EVER seen.....possibly next to Valuev's against Holyfield.....Shannon literally allowed his title to be taken without throwing any real meaningful punches. He walked around the ring for 12 rounds and that was it.

The only thing about him trying to make a comeback now is that his age is going to soon become a factor.

He does not have the time to do the usual "comeback" routine.....fight one bum take 6 months off...fight another bum...take another long period off...then fight a mid level guy and think that warrents a title shot.

Sorry....buddy....team member or not....I've seen it from Shannon before....

BUT....I'll tell you what....if he knocks out at least 2 bums before years end....and then gets wins over at least 2 top ten guys next year....I will change my name to "Shannon's Bitch V. 2.0". AND....I'd be happy to do so....because it would mean he was serious about it....and I would be behind him and support him.

You know as well as I do.....in boxing....actions speak louder than words.

I hope you are right....I hope he is serious.
Lil-lightsout
Don't worry BGv2.0. We got Toney making his run baby. I know you will be right with me supporting him till he unifies the belts!!!
pacco_diablo
I hope my comments were not seen as hating. I, as well, wish him the best. I've always rooted for him because he comes across as very likable person. IMO he's probably the nicest boxer in professional boxing. After his last fight when he said he was retiring, I felt bad for him because it came across as something that he didnt want to do but felt he had to do. Maybe that's why that fight is so prevelant in my mind, because of the humility he desplayed in the after fight interview. Like it was said earlier, there are not many Americans who will not root for him in a title fight, especially against the current title holders.

Warlord
QUOTE (Misfit @ Sep 28 2009, 03:31 PM) *

Jeremy Shirk,

Team Briggs.

Just to clarify, boxing is an international sport, and it is much more popular in Europe than it is in North America. Some fans actually support fighters based on talent, skills, and personality. Not on nationality.

Good for Shannon Briggs that he's working his ass off. But trying to trump up support based purely on nationality is laughable.

Warlord

Team Who Gives a Shit
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 29 2009, 05:08 AM) *
Just to clarify, boxing is an international sport, and it is much more popular in Europe than it is in North America. Some fans actually support fighters based on talent, skills, and personality. Not on nationality.

Good for Shannon Briggs that he's working his ass off. But trying to trump up support based purely on nationality is laughable.

Warlord

Team Who Gives a Shit

You're right for the most part. I mean there are several popular boxers who are not American; Manny Pacquiao probably being the biggest example. But... for some reason American HW is a class that Americans really want to hold titles for. It's a division that we have dominated for God knows how long, with the execption of Lennox Lewis. Even all the HBO and Showtime commentators are always talking about the next great American heavyweight. Whether its Cristobal, Briggs, or Johnny Come-up, most Americans want these HW titles back in America.
Misfit
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 29 2009, 04:08 AM) *

Warlord

Team Who Gives a Shit

Thats not what my intentions are. It would be nice to have the belt back though.

And i'm glad we are keeping this professional. How do I join "Team who gives a shit"?
BGv2.0
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Sep 29 2009, 08:37 AM) *
But... for some reason American HW is a class that Americans really want to hold titles for. It's a division that we have dominated for God knows how long, with the execption of Lennox Lewis. Even all the HBO and Showtime commentators are always talking about the next great American heavyweight. Whether its Cristobal, Briggs, or Johnny Come-up, most Americans want these HW titles back in America.

It's like any issue of national pride. For sure in relation to a sport that has a large part of it's origins rooted in this country. Just like Mexico, Germany and England all want to be the defending soccar champs.....Americans love having the HW champion be American.

There is also the issue of consistancy....You have to keep in mind....the HW title has only been out of American hands for the last 12-15 years or so, when you add in Lewis. Now....I myself never had an issue with Lewis...but for many Americans it just seems odd to not have an American HW. You go way back to Sullivan, up to Johnson and Lewis and Ali and Tyson.....that's decades and decades of owning a title.....of course they want it back.

I think they focus on HWs becasue that has always been seen as the biggest of the lot....it's like no matter how skilled Manny is....there is no way he could beat up on say....George Foreman....so I think that is where the focus on HWs comes from.

pacco_diablo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 29 2009, 02:31 PM) *
It's like any issue of national pride. For sure in relation to a sport that has a large part of it's origins rooted in this country. Just like Mexico, Germany and England all want to be the defending soccar champs.....Americans love having the HW champion be American.

There is also the issue of consistancy....You have to keep in mind....the HW title has only been out of American hands for the last 12-15 years or so, when you add in Lewis. Now....I myself never had an issue with Lewis...but for many Americans it just seems odd to not have an American HW. You go way back to Sullivan, up to Johnson and Lewis and Ali and Tyson.....that's decades and decades of owning a title.....of course they want it back.

I think they focus on HWs becasue that has always been seen as the biggest of the lot....it's like no matter how skilled Manny is....there is no way he could beat up on say....George Foreman....so I think that is where the focus on HWs comes from.

I agree. Well stated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.