Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dont sleep on Taylor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pacco_diablo
Just watched Taylor/Froch again on Showtime. Damn good fight. Taylor had it won. He just got extremely sloppy at the end. one could say his conditioning was the issue but he was in there until about 1 min. left in round 12 before losing control. Not that he wasnt spent but it was getting caught with sloppy defensive that ended it for him. He even came out strong in round 12, which was of course overshadowed by the ending. He tried to run for that last minute but his head was lost. I think that he was conditioned just enough. He's really only had one bad fight, 2 if you count Winky. I wouldnt be surprised if he does well in the tourny. He's already shown that he can beat Froch.
caneman
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Oct 2 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Just watched Taylor/Froch again on Showtime. Damn good fight. Taylor had it won. He just got extremely sloppy at the end. one could say his conditioning was the issue but he was in there until about 1 min. left in round 12 before losing control. Not that he wasnt spent but it was getting caught with sloppy defensive that ended it for him. He even came out strong in round 12, which was of course overshadowed by the ending. He tried to run for that last minute but his head was lost. I think that he was conditioned just enough. He's really only had one bad fight, 2 if you count Winky. I wouldnt be surprised if he does well in the tourny. He's already shown that he can beat Froch.

Jermain "go to the ropes" Taylor will go to the ropes & get KTFO AGAIN! Cory Freaking Spinks backed him to the ropes for pete's sake!
Method
As much as I feel it's a statistical impossibility, Im actually pulling for Jermain.
D-MARV
Taylor will be the one sleeping.
Maxy
^^^^

What he said.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 2 2009, 07:56 AM) *
Taylor will be the one sleeping.

smile_anim.gif
salvador
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 2 2009, 06:19 AM) *
As much as I feel it's a statistical impossibility, Im actually pulling for Jermain.

Me too. I can't help but love a stutterer.
yuca
This is Abraham's first fight at 168, but he has been dominant in 160 for years. On the other side Taylor shut Lacy out in his first fight at SM, and got ktfo in his last outing in a fight he was winning. Abraham's turtle shell defense will make for Taylor looking good while hitting mostly elbows and arms. Maybe even leading in the cards. Eventually he will tire down the stretch, where his chin will betray him once again.
Lil-lightsout
It is hard to put your faith in a guy who has been KO'd twice like he has and fades down the stretch, and yet to beat a strong hard punching undefeated champion. I do not think he can win either, but I will be pulling for him.
JD
Apparently JT is dedicated like no one has seen.

He knows this is a last chance and is doing everything in his power to be the best version of himself on the 17th.
iron_mike
Make this guy do some serious roadwork...he's got serious stamina issues, 2 of his 3 losses and less impressive wins were because he gasses mid to late in the fight
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Oct 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *
Make this guy do some serious roadwork...he's got serious stamina issues, 2 of his 3 losses and less impressive wins were because he gasses mid to late in the fight

im willig to bet stamina will be his downfall vs abraham... taylor might be ahead late same as the froch fight and wind up getting caught and put to sleep again... another loss like that should retire him... i hope he's saving his money.. he should open up a champ burger or sumthin like that in arkansas...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 5 2009, 12:54 AM) *
im willig to bet stamina will be his downfall vs abraham... taylor might be ahead late same as the froch fight and wind up getting caught and put to sleep again... another loss like that should retire him... i hope he's saving his money.. he should open up a champ burger or sumthin like that in arkansas...

I dont think this fight goes very late. Jermain has always been prone to back up into the corner and take unneccesary punches from the other guy. Abraham uses a high guard, like Winky Wright. He will basically walk up to JT, take punches on his arms and gloves. the first time JT lets up and rests, Abraham is going to go to work on him. Unlike Winky, Abraham has decent power in both hands. I can see this fight ending early in the 1st half... If it doesn, consider JT's run as over. he will be the new Jeff lacy. Look for him to be the 1st guy replaced in the tourney...
pacco_diablo
2 more days. Be on the lookout for a Taylor win. You heard it here first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.