Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrest Warrant Issued for Roger Mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
Seriously, how many women have the Mayweathers been accused/convicted of beating up?

Updated: October 2, 2009, 1:59 PM ET
Roger Mayweather wanted in Vegas
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press
LAS VEGAS -- A Las Vegas judge has issued an arrest warrant for Roger Mayweather after the boxing trainer failed to show up for a court appearance on battery and coercion charges.

Mayweather, who coached his nephew Floyd Mayweather Jr. to victory in a September fight, did not appear or have a lawyer present at a felony arraignment in Las Vegas Justice Court on Friday.

The 48-year-old Mayweather is accused of attacking a female boxer he once trained. She told police that Mayweather attacked her in August at an apartment Mayweather owns and was renting out.

A police report says the victim's roommate told authorities that Mayweather repeatedly harassed the boxer after she ended a training arrangement with him.

Attempts to reach Mayweather were not immediately successful.
D-MARV
What? Roger is only 48 years old?
salvador
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 2 2009, 01:20 PM) *
What? Roger is only 48 years old?

Yeah, my second question would have been: how much crack does one man have to smoke to look 70 at 48?

Answer: Exactly as much as Roger has smoked.
thehype
This isn't a second woman...this is the same woman, Melissa St. Vil....his preliminary hearing for that case was scheduled for today.
salvador
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 2 2009, 01:35 PM) *
This isn't a second woman...this is the same woman, Melissa St. Vil....his preliminary hearing for that case was scheduled for today.

Didn't he go to jail for beating a woman? And haven't Floyd and Floyd Sr. had similar issues?
thehype
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Didn't he go to jail for beating a woman? And haven't Floyd and Floyd Sr. had similar issues?

Yeah, but your title, or subtitle I should say ("Uncle Snaggle-tooth wanted for beating another woman") made it sound like there was some breaking news about another woman other than the recent trouble he got into with Melissa St. Vil (which happend shortly before Mayweather vs. Marquez). This warrant pertains to that case...not a different one. Really, all this is about is that he didn't show up in court today (he's probably sleeping).

laugh.gif
Method
Basically
salvador
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 2 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Yeah, but your title, or subtitle I should say ("Uncle Snaggle-tooth wanted for beating another woman") made it sound like there was some breaking news about another woman other than the recent trouble he got into with Melissa St. Vil (which happend shortly before Mayweather vs. Marquez). This warrant pertains to that case...not a different one. Really, all this is about is that he didn't show up in court today (he's probably sleeping).

laugh.gif

Just so I'm straight on this, Roger did spend some time in prison recently for beating on a woman, isn't that correct? And this is a different woman than the one who he was convicted of beating, right? I really don't know.

And maybe I'm wrong about Floyd Sr. having the same tendencies towards women. What did Floyd Sr. go to jail for? Has he ever been to jail for beating a woman? If not, I apologize for besmirching his reputation.

And I believe that the woman in Las Vegas who accused Floyd jr. of assaulting her (before the Gatti fight) was at least the second woman to make such an accusation (wasn't there one in Michigan before her?). Again, I could be wrong, and in which case I apologize for making such a horrific accusation, because there is very little in life that is more evil than a man beating on a woman - particularly if the man is sober.

Maxy
Disgusting prick.
KookedKrack
laugh.gif boxing wouldnt be what it is without the mayweathers
Imperius3
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 03:02 PM) *
Just so I'm straight on this, Roger did spend some time in prison recently for beating on a woman, isn't that correct? And this is a different woman than the one who he was convicted of beating, right? I really don't know.

No. Roger hasn't been convicted nor has he gone to prison yet. Last August he was arrested for allegedly beating up a female boxer he trained. The case hasn't gone to trial yet, but it will this month. That's what the article you posted is about...apparently he skipped the preliminary hearing, which is required before the trial.

And maybe I'm wrong about Floyd Sr. having the same tendencies towards women. What did Floyd Sr. go to jail for? Has he ever been to jail for beating a woman? If not, I apologize for besmirching his reputation.

No. Floyd Sr. went to prison on a drug charge.

And I believe that the woman in Las Vegas who accused Floyd jr. of assaulting her (before the Gatti fight) was at least the second woman to make such an accusation (wasn't there one in Michigan before her?). Again, I could be wrong, and in which case I apologize for making such a horrific accusation, because there is very little in life that is more evil than a man beating on a woman - particularly if the man is sober.

This is true about Floyd Jr., although I don't know the details of the case. Here is some info from boxingscene: "The young prodigy has had legal troubles and several brushes with the long arm of the law as he has grown up in the boxing spotlight. In 2002 he pleaded guilty to two charges of misdemeanor domestic violence. In 2004, a Nevada justice of the peace ordered Mayweather to undergo "impulse control" counseling and sentenced him to a one year suspended jail sentence after he was convicted of misdemeanor battery of two women in a Las Vegas nightclub. Also in 2004, an arrest warrant was issued for Mayweather for failure to appear at a trial in his hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan where he was accused of kicking a bar bouncer in the head during a melee at The Radio Tavern. Mayweather pleaded no contest to the charge of misdemeanor assault and battery and he was eventually fined and ordered to perform community service. He also faced a charge of felony domestic violence for allegedly striking the mother of his three children outside a Las Vegas nightclub in 2003. In the 2005 trial by jury he was acquitted of hitting, kicking and pulling his girlfriend’s hair. The accuser recanted her version of events while on the witness stand. Josie Harris testified that she lied to police because she was angry Mayweather had left her for another woman. In front of the jury, Harris described Mayweather as a “teddy bear inside”.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=8363
leonthegee
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Yeah, my second question would have been: how much crack does one man have to smoke to look 70 at 48?

i dont know how much does your mom smoke?
salvador
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 2 2009, 06:33 PM) *
No. Roger hasn't been convicted nor has he gone to prison yet. Last August he was arrested for allegedly beating up a female boxer he trained. The case hasn't gone to trial yet, but it will this month. That's what the article you posted is about...apparently he skipped the preliminary hearing, which is required before the trial.

No. Floyd Sr. went to prison on a drug charge.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=8363

I'm sorry Floyd Sr. It was shitty of me to think that of you and even shittier of me to post that about you. I am very sorry.

But wasn't Roger actually in jail in the last few years for beating another woman? Was that the same woman?
MarzB
For the record I don't condone domestic violence. However I know often times there are two sides to every story. That doesn't pertain to this but moving on.

But wasn't Roger actually in jail in the last few years for beating another woman?

You know if you're going to post something with a disparaging title (I don't think anyone ever confused the Mayweather brothers for being GQ models) atleast be accurate and informed with what you're post about. The story can be easily google if you truly wanted to know.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/co...&id=2648259

There I did your work.

Senior- jailed for drug dealing.

Floyd Jr - Plead no contest to a fight in Grand Rapids prior to the Gatti fight. For those that recall Arum and Gatti were pressuring him to make a deal or move on and that was a PPV date so he plead no contest. He "says" he wasn't involved. Who knows.

Also he "says" his case with his first kids mother I believe they broke up and he asked her to leave (more than likely kicked her out of his house) and she started breaking all his trophies. I recall the report being online at the time that was 2002/03.

This case with Roger sounds more like it's about money than anything. I believe personally he did indeed choke the fighter. He says it was about rent on a property she owned. She says it was about her wanting another trainer. Who knows.
salvador
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 2 2009, 07:18 PM) *
For the record I don't condone domestic violence. However I know often times there are two sides to every story. That doesn't pertain to this but moving on.

But wasn't Roger actually in jail in the last few years for beating another woman?

You know if you're going to post something with a disparaging title (I don't think anyone ever confused the Mayweather brothers for being GQ models) atleast be accurate and informed with what you're post about. The story can be easily google if you truly wanted to know.

There I did your work.

This case with Roger sounds more like it's about money than anything. I believe personally he did indeed choke the fighter. He says it was about rent on a property she owned. She says it was about her wanting another trainer. Who knows.

Thanks for doing my work, Marz.

You seem to be defending Roger on some level. Was he in jail for beating a woman? I think he was. And I think men who beat women are pieces of shit. Do you think men who beat women are pieces of shit?

And I am very much in line with everyone in the world who would never confuse Roger with a GQ model. Most, if not all, GQ models have teeth and stay away from crack - at least the 48 year old GQ models stay away from crack. Unless they're like, really really really pitiful and marketable.

salvador
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 2 2009, 07:18 PM) *

There I did your work.

Seriously, has it been determined that Roger DIDN'T beat that woman?

So my question (that I always knew the answer to. Obviously everyone who spends 20 minutes a day on boxing websites knew that Roger was in jail for BEATING A WOMAN) had an answer, which was: "yes, Roger Mayweather beats women."

Is there anything about Roger Mayweather that is more important than the fact that he beats women?
Spyder
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Is there anything about Roger Mayweather that is more important than the fact that he beats women?

His nickname is "The Black Mamba"
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 3 2009, 12:39 AM) *
i dont know how much does your mom smoke?

How much Mayweather brand meaty, purple headed cigar do you smoke?
leonthegee
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 2 2009, 07:08 PM) *
How much Mayweather brand meaty, purple headed cigar do you smoke?

oh it's my favorite bitch in a skirt. should of know that you would have some gay ass comment that you had to make. if you wanted my attention all you had to do was ask but shave your legs first. i like girls in catholic school girl dresses so you do have a chance after all.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 3 2009, 03:31 AM) *
oh it's my favorite bitch in a skirt. should of know that you would have some gay ass comment that you had to make. if you wanted my attention all you had to do was ask but shave your legs first. i like girls in catholic school girl dresses so you do have a chance after all.

Ha, well since u clearly crave attention from that nest of rats we call the Mayweathers, how about you put the skirt on, then maybe one of those pricks will rough you up a little bit. Sound nice?
Imperius3
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Seriously, has it been determined that Roger DIDN'T beat that woman?

So my question (that I always knew the answer to. Obviously everyone who spends 20 minutes a day on boxing websites knew that Roger was in jail for BEATING A WOMAN) had an answer, which was: "yes, Roger Mayweather beats women."

You're not very familiar with the justice system...

Roger has not been proven guilty yet. He was arrested in August the night of the incident. When an alleged assault occurs, the perpetrator has to be arrested if the evidence seems to indicate an assault occurred. He stays in jail (or released on bail) until the trial, and then it will be determined if he's guilty. If proven guilty, he will be sent to prison. As far as I know, Roger is claiming self-defense. He is innocent until proven guilty.
Lil-lightsout
Regardless of the outcome of this or outcomes already over the years with this family, it says enough to me to form an opinion of them based on all this type of shit happening. This shit don't come up for no reason. I mean just look at there ridiculous fueds with one another they have had between Roger,Jeff, Sr., and Jr. over all these years. They should have a Mayweather reality show in the near future.
salvador
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 3 2009, 12:26 AM) *
You're not very familiar with the justice system...

Roger has not been proven guilty yet. He was arrested in August the night of the incident. When an alleged assault occurs, the perpetrator has to be arrested if the evidence seems to indicate an assault occurred. He stays in jail (or released on bail) until the trial, and then it will be determined if he's guilty. If proven guilty, he will be sent to prison. As far as I know, Roger is claiming self-defense. He is innocent until proven guilty.

You have to admit that there seems to be a pattern here.
Imperius3
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 3 2009, 06:45 AM) *
You have to admit that there seems to be a pattern here.

The family definitely has some issues.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 2 2009, 07:22 AM) *

Hahahaha...lol....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.