Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights that need to be made...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
Since iv been getting really fucked off with every fight being discussed as a possibility turning into a debate about PPV ratings, marketability, risk/reward etc, i wanted to start this thread to see what fights you guys reckon have to get made for the good of boxing, discounting any of the promotional bullshit that plagues the sport. Im not a business fan, if i was id watch the business channel, im a boxing fan so....

I came up with a few id like to see myself.

Heavyweight: David Haye (if he gets by the freak) vs either Klit. The reason being i see Haye as the only heavy with anything different to bring to the table and thus would give the Klits more credit for facing him than any of the other clones.

Light Heavy: Hopkins vs Dawson. I just want to see how Chad stacks up against the old dog. Although Dawson vs Johnson is ok too

Super Middle: Happy with the tournament and looking forward to seeing how it pans out

Welter: So many... First off i want to see PBF vs Mosely. This will prob stoke the same fires as in other threads but i think Floyd does need to fight a welter or two, and id like to see Shane get the chance first.
Altho he is a dirty cheating cunt, Margs return may liven things up too, stick him in with Clottey and see how he fares.

Jr Welter: Bradley vs Khan. Not a big fan of Bradley but i think he would clip Khan eventually and that is very important to me due to the hate for Khan!

Lightweight: Katsidis vs Valero. Would be exciting, I like Kats and Valero has plenty to prove

Jr Feather: Juanma vs Caballero. All the talk thats flew from Caballero makes it kind of compelling

There are probably a few others id like to see, and im sure you all have your ideas, so avoiding money and politics, lets hear them

Also, if theres any fighters you feel are hiding behind the money/politics as an excuse to duck another, lets do some hating as well.

gbh32001
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 4 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Since iv been getting really fucked off with every fight being discussed as a possibility turning into a debate about PPV ratings, marketability, risk/reward etc, i wanted to start this thread to see what fights you guys reckon have to get made for the good of boxing, discounting any of the promotional bullshit that plagues the sport. Im not a business fan, if i was id watch the business channel, im a boxing fan so....

I came up with a few id like to see myself.

Heavyweight: David Haye (if he gets by the freak) vs either Klit. The reason being i see Haye as the only heavy with anything different to bring to the table and thus would give the Klits more credit for facing him than any of the other clones.

Light Heavy: Hopkins vs Dawson. I just want to see how Chad stacks up against the old dog. Although Dawson vs Johnson is ok too

Super Middle: Happy with the tournament and looking forward to seeing how it pans out

Welter: So many... First off i want to see PBF vs Mosely. This will prob stoke the same fires as in other threads but i think Floyd does need to fight a welter or two, and id like to see Shane get the chance first.
Altho he is a dirty cheating cunt, Margs return may liven things up too, stick him in with Clottey and see how he fares.

Jr Welter: Bradley vs Khan. Not a big fan of Bradley but i think he would clip Khan eventually and that is very important to me due to the hate for Khan!

Lightweight: Katsidis vs Valero. Would be exciting, I like Kats and Valero has plenty to prove

Jr Feather: Juanma vs Caballero. All the talk thats flew from Caballero makes it kind of compelling

There are probably a few others id like to see, and im sure you all have your ideas, so avoiding money and politics, lets hear them

Also, if theres any fighters you feel are hiding behind the money/politics as an excuse to duck another, lets do some hating as well.
What they do in SMW should be done also to higher and lower weight class.Top two of each division will fight each other round-robin then we can see who really the top fighter/boxer is. But who will gonna do this?It's a shitty thing to wish in boxing, politics and money talks in the end fans always end up losing.
yuca
Fights that need to be made next year...to finally put to rest Marg's question marks

Marg-Clottey
Marg-Cintron
Marg-Cotto
leonthegee
QUOTE (yuca @ Oct 4 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Fights that need to be made next year...to finally put to rest Marg's question marks

Marg-Clottey
Marg-Cintron
Marg-Cotto

how many times does margarito need to kick cintrons ass?
JD
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 4 2009, 07:02 PM) *
how many times does margarito need to kick cintrons ass?

It couldn't happen enough as far as I am concerned.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 4 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Completely agreed, and I am happy for him to use the plaster as well.

Are you serious? why would you wish that?
JLUVBABY
id like to see youarkis gamboa vs. juan manuel lopez vs. cellistino cabbalero vs. chris john in any order....
PR316
Lopez vs Caballero- Legitimate grudge match. Caballero is a fighter that you don't want to fight unless you have to because he can make you look really bad in there. But he's talked way too much for Juanma to back down now otherwise his image in Puerto Rico and the boxing world will take a hit. Looks like its on tap for January.

Mayweather vs Mosley- Will be hard to make and Floyd will make it even harder. But since Mosley has a belt, and there's absolutely no guarantee of Arum wanting to match the winner of Pacquiao-Cotto with Mayweather, he may well have to turn to Mosley to make some big money because fighting 140 pounders won't do it and I don't see him moving up to 154 to face the likes of Clottey, Angulo, Kirkland(When he gets out of jail), or a guy like Paul Williams. PBF doesn't have too many places to go if he wants to be considered pound 4 pound. I think this fight happens no later than late 2010.

Malignaggi vs Diaz 2- On neutral grounds. Paulie won fair and square the 1st time and was robbed. There needs to be a rematch, simple as that.

A word on a possible Hopkins-Dawson fight. To me Chad has not become what I thought he would. A quick, athleticly gifted fighter, who just doesn't have many traits that stand out. While I don't question his heart, I question his chin and his stamina. I guess my question is how much credit would Hopkins get for beating him??... I personally would rather see this fight than against Roy Jones at this point because it means more, but most people have beein waiting a long time for Jones and Hopkins to fight again and thats why that match up is finally coming together.
iron_mike
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 4 2009, 08:12 PM) *

I think he was half kidding, but even after beating Angulo, I wouldn't mind seeing Kermit in tears again from some plater or nonplastered Marg gloves..Marg could fight Cintron again wearing pillows and he wins..he just has his number and Kermit is already beaten mentally before the fight, just like the religious looking Bruno Tyson rematch
Mean Mister Mustard
With Abraham out of the middleweight division, Pavlik has no dance partners left witha big name. Well, Wright is still in the top 10, so is Mundine and Williams is now in the top 3 for some reason.

The one I want to see though, is Pavlik-Sturm. Sturm is mostly known for being robbed against DLH 5 years ago but he has done some work since, losing to and then avenging the Castillejo loss, a win over Sylvester.
Snoop
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Because Kermit Cintron sucks donkey balls.
yuca
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Oct 4 2009, 09:18 PM) *
I think he was half kidding, but even after beating Angulo, I wouldn't mind seeing Kermit in tears again from some plater or nonplastered Marg gloves..Marg could fight Cintron again wearing pillows and he wins..he just has his number and Kermit is already beaten mentally before the fight, just like the religious looking Bruno Tyson rematch

I wouldn't mind either, but he did so bad in those two fights that I don't think he could do worse a third time...or could he? lol
Nay_Sayer
W. Klit vs V. Klit
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 5 2009, 05:06 AM) *
W. Klit vs V. Klit

Good shout but as someone alluded to in another thread, they would probably each be too scared to hurt the other and it would make for a snoozefest. Maybe we could get someone to put on a Vitali mask and fuck Wlads mrs, fan the flames a little...
AussieLad
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 5 2009, 05:13 AM) *
Good shout but as someone alluded to in another thread, they would probably each be too scared to hurt the other and it would make for a snoozefest. Maybe we could get someone to put on a Vitali mask and fuck Wlads mrs, fan the flames a little...

Vitali is huge. He's probably got a foot long penis... who are you going to get to simulate that?

Oh all right, i'll do it then

drag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.