Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton VS Marquez...Negotiations has started?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I learned about this Hatton Vs Marquez fight is being work out...Im not certain if the negotiation has started but I'm waiting for Hatton to do his thing again in the ring... fighting Marquez will make boxing fans eager to see how he will overcome Marquez....Do you think Hatton will win?...
D-MARV
Marquez via Late Stoppage... Similar to the Marquez-Daiz fight!
yuca
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Oct 5 2009, 09:09 AM) *
I learned about this Hatton Vs Marquez fight is being work out...Im not certain if the negotiation has started but I'm waiting for Hatton to do his thing again in the ring... fighting Marquez will make boxing fans eager to see how he will overcome Marquez....Do you think Hatton will win?...

I believe it will be a grueling competitive match. Hatton has a chance of overwhelming Marquez depending where the fight and the referee is. Good to see them match up, in none of their losses have they ever given up.

Power, youth and legs go to Hatton. Accuracy and experience to Marquez. Speed is a toss up for me right now. Interesting match.
streetlion1
I dont see defenseless Ricky having any success against Marquez....gimme Marquez by mid-round stoppage.
Box in Hand
Give me Marquez by late TKO.
The CEO
Just like with Hatton-Mayweather and Hatton-Pacquiao....Hatton-Marquez would be another fight Hatton doesn't deserve, and it would be another mismatch.

Marquez would, at the very least, give him a Boxing lesson...

dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 5 2009, 04:58 AM) *
Just like with Hatton-Mayweather and Hatton-Pacquiao....Hatton-Marquez would be another fight Hatton doesn't deserve, and it would be another mismatch.

Marquez would, at the very least, give him a Boxing lesson...

WOW!!... What a prediction....looks like Hatton ain't got nothin' as far as you are concern?...
D-MARV
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Oct 5 2009, 11:04 AM) *
WOW!!... What a prediction....looks like Hatton ain't got nothin' as far as you are concern?...

LOL... You don't know the half!
Maxy
Saw pictures of Hatton at a show last week and he looks a right state to me. I don't think he'll box again and more to the point I don't think he has anything left whatsoever.

He's shot, has zero punch resistance and the abuse he gives to his body in-between fights has shortened his career by at least a couple of years. Yeah, Marquez ain't no banger and he looked soft at the higher weight but it's a "so what?" fight anyway, whatever happens.

Hatton should just announce his retirement, concentrate on his lame comedy and pursue his attempts at becoming a successful promoter.
JLUVBABY
hatton seems to be a glutton for pain these days... if he's not careful he's gonna wind up one of those depressed ex champs that have a few social problems in life... he should fight a farewell fight for his fans in manchester and bow out with dignity and like someone said concentrate on his promoting and i guess his comedy too, didnt know he did stand up but what ever... he can do that and drink all he wants to.... what he's setting himself up for is another ass whipping...
lloyd mayflower
I guess i must be about the only person who likes Hatton on this board, but to be honest, im not sure i want to see him in the ring again. If it gets signed il be there, but I dont think he has much left in the tank and would hate to see him lose again. Not saying he def would lose, but I think its the end of the road right here.
singletrack
Marquez will box Hatton's face off and possibly stop him in the mid-late rounds.
Lil-lightsout
Hatton will stop JMM mid to late rounds. I do not think JMM has enough firepower to keep the mauling Hatton off him. Hatton wrecked the good boxer in Malignaggi, he did not let Paulie do anything to him. Juan Diaz had JMM in trouble a few times, and he is not a big puncher. I just can not see JMM being strong enough to keep Hatton at bay. I do not think JMM could seriously hurt him either, but that I could be wrong about, who knows what that Pac loss did to Hatton mentally. I know JMM is a far superior fighter than Hatton, but I just think Ricky could make it an ugly fight and stay on JMM chest most of the time and wear him out. JMM should stick to lightweight IMO, but I guess 140 is better than fighting at welterweight. Flame away.
The CEO
I'm not gonna flame you...but I'm gonna break this shit down...

First of all...that was a non punching, C- level version of Malignaggi that Hatton beat...don't know why you think that's such a special win. It's not like Hatton's a Mayweather or Hopkins and MADE him fight that way...

2nd...all it takes is timing and precision with a counterpunching strategy to drop or stop Hatton....he's so dumb and off balance it's embarrassing...he's like a retard with Vertigo in there.

That's all...

Hatton vs. a pure, P4P boxer around his size (not in Manchester with Dave Parris) = Hatton gettin' Owned.
KookedKrack
hatton is basura the only way he gets a win these days if he is fighting someone who is even more garbage than he is and JMM does NOT fit that description..... I really don't understand some of the logic here hatton stopping JMM?! Aside from Kostza when has hatton stopped someone who isnt garbage?
Keith
I will wait to offer any sort of prediction other then...... Hatton will not make 140. Just a hunch. He wont see that weight again without serious diuretics. bad.gif
JD
If Hatton wins, maybe we will get the long awaited rematch with Floyd.
kidbazooka1
Marquez pinpoint shots and counters would be too much for Hatton.

I see Marquez stopping him in the middle rds.
Keith
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 5 2009, 07:53 PM) *
If Hatton wins, maybe we will get the long awaited rematch with Floyd.

laugh.gif
It will be a retirement match and as part of the negotiations Hatton will be allowed to fight with...

aikido.gif aikido.gif aikido.gif

.... and he'd still probably wind up looking like black eye.gif
JD
I kid, I kid.

Seriously though...they should put it on the undercard of Dela Hoya - Trinidad II, and title the promotion "No...you got your ass kicked worse by a brother with defense!"
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 5 2009, 04:08 PM) *
I'm not gonna flame you...but I'm gonna break this shit down...

First of all...that was a non punching, C- level version of Malignaggi that Hatton beat...don't know why you think that's such a special win. It's not like Hatton's a Mayweather or Hopkins and MADE him fight that way...

2nd...all it takes is timing and precision with a counterpunching strategy to drop or stop Hatton....he's so dumb and off balance it's embarrassing...he's like a retard with Vertigo in there.

That's all...

Hatton vs. a pure, P4P boxer around his size (not in Manchester with Dave Parris) = Hatton gettin' Owned.

Just out of curiousity, why was it a C level Malignaggi? Why won't you give Hatton some credit for that win? I mean I think he had something to do with Paulie looking like shit.

I respect your opinion, and believe me I am not just going with Ricky because of other reasons. I just think he would be too strong for JMM. I really was not impressed with JMM at all last time out at a heavier weight. And his fight with Diaz was back and forth with JMM getting rocked a few times. And Diaz is not a big puncher at all. Again, I just can not see JMM having enough punch to keep Hatton at bay. Maybe I am underestimating JMM? And maybe Ricky is shot and will never recover from his two humiliating defeats? Hopefully we get to see.

The CEO
I'm saying it was a C Minus level Malignaggi (who is between a B and a B+ at his very best) btw.....because look at his lack of punch output and overall demeanor vs. Hatton, side by side, against his performance against Diaz...

That was two, totally different Paulies.....different trainers and a supposed injury involved there as well if I'm not mistaken....

and for the record...I actually gave Hatton credit for his personal performance in that fight...let me see if I can find what I said......well I'm getting an error searching...anyway...I gave him the most props I ever gave him...because he actually looked like he was startin' to "get it" with Big Floyd at the helm...he was using the jab and moving his head....wasn't holding...he was finally boxing again...

As far as my theory above with the = sign...that was devised according to a prime Hatton too...and I think we can all agree that Hatton has been going downhill for quite some time...I personally think the Kostya Tszyu win was the beginning of the end for him....
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 5 2009, 09:10 PM) *
As far as my theory above with the = sign...that was devised according to a prime Hatton too...and I think we can all agree that Hatton has been going downhill for quite some time...I personally think the Kostya Tszyu win was the beginning of the end for him....

Agreed, Hatton got hooked on pressure.
Lil-lightsout
That was two, totally different Paulies.....different trainers and a supposed injury involved there as well if I'm not mistaken....

He had McGirt for the Hatton fight, and someone else against Diaz. Yep... Paulie was screwed from the get go with Buddy. laugh.gif Seriously though, Malignaggi had some decent wins with McGirt in his corner before.
JonnyBlaze
Mayweather victims tend to find each other and fight..Mayweather victims also become targets for other fighters hoping for a big fight since the other guy just fought Mayweather..Does anyone else see these trends??Pac-man likes to fight Mayweather victims..

Sad but true..I hate to bring up Mayweather's name since I'm sick of talking about him but this is true..
gbh32001
Interesting fight! I like hatton by decision if JMM can't KO him in the 11th round.This is more entertaining than Hatton-Pacquiao,Mayweather-JMM.
yuca
Hatton has been ktfo twice by the consensus #1pfp at the moment. No shame in that.
Saying that he doesn't have a chance against a smaller JMM at 140 is stretching it.
Congrats to JMM as he keeps taking difficult fights, the end could be near.

JaRaNDa
This is not exactly the worst fight for neither fighter as Marquez is best to move down to 140 (135 may be pushing it at this point) & Hatton may need a smaller fighter to get back in the mix. Will Marquez be able to effectively fight at 140 and be able to handle punching pressure at 140 or will Hatton be able to fight like he used to & be able to take a punch these days? It's a close interesting fight.

I think this fight looks like Marquez-Diaz in terms of the flow & competativness of the fight with exception of Hatton gettin the W due to being too big, too rough for Marquez to get a clear UD with a possible KD in the process...a year ago that is.

At this point I think Hatton is much more damaged goods than Marquez as he has suffered 2 KO's, the last one being a pretty devistating one.
I didn't really like the words that came out of Hattons mouth in his 1st interview after the Pac fight as he said he had not watched the fight yet but 'gets chills down his spine' whenever he sees a KO now. Not really words you want to hear from a fighter who may step in the ring anytime soon.

Although Marquez should not fight past Lightweight & have no idea how he will handle the weight (Don't want to count Money pot shotting him all night) as I think he will be too small for 140. I could see Marquez buzzed against the ropes & also see Hatton wobbled by counters in this fight but I feel Marquez has enough expierence, skills & also more confidence in himself than Hatton at this point which I feel would be JUST enough to get a close UD in a very entertaining fight.
froni
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 6 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Mayweather victims tend to find each other and fight..Mayweather victims also become targets for other fighters hoping for a big fight since the other guy just fought Mayweather..Does anyone else see these trends??Pac-man likes to fight Mayweather victims..

Sad but true..I hate to bring up Mayweather's name since I'm sick of talking about him but this is true..

Mayweather fought those guys because they were popular so that he can get his name out there. Same with pacman. At least pacman looked better in those two fights. I think mayweather is a great fighter but, Miguel Cotto aint one of Mayweather's "victims" ....that nigger is too scared to fight miguel cotto!! he could have fought him a long time ago...maybe when pacquiao is done pickin cotto apart mayweather will fight him. Oh yeah, and you cant be serious and tell everyone that floyd mayweather is more popular than Oscar Dela Hoya and ricky hatton!! ur a fuckin idiot.
singletrack
I'm saying it was a C Minus level Malignaggi (who is between a B and a B+ at his very best) btw.....because look at his lack of punch output and overall demeanor vs. Hatton, side by side, against his performance against Diaz...

and for the record...I actually gave Hatton credit for his personal performance in that fight...let me see if I can find what I said......well I'm getting an error searching...anyway...I gave him the most props I ever gave him...because he actually looked like he was startin' to "get it" with Big Floyd at the helm...he was using the jab and moving his head....wasn't holding...he was finally boxing again...

McGirt totally fucked Malignaggi for that fight. It was almost as good as when he tried to have Gatti (RIP) outbox Floyd.

Just for the record, I've never given Hatton any credit. The Kostya fight was a fucking disgrace...why won't this guy go away? I'm so sick of him already...
Thegreatequalizer
i think this would be an entertaining fight with marquez winning a ud. i don't think either one of these guys will knock the other one out.
PR316
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 5 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Saw pictures of Hatton at a show last week and he looks a right state to me. I don't think he'll box again and more to the point I don't think he has anything left whatsoever.

He's shot, has zero punch resistance and the abuse he gives to his body in-between fights has shortened his career by at least a couple of years. Yeah, Marquez ain't no banger and he looked soft at the higher weight but it's a "so what?" fight anyway, whatever happens.

Hatton should just announce his retirement, concentrate on his lame comedy and pursue his attempts at becoming a successful promoter.

Agree MAXY..

Saw an interview of Hatton a couple of weeks after the Pacquiao fight and he just doesn't seem to have the desire anymore. And once the desire is gone, thats it, really.

He should announce his retirement for sure and just get on with his life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.