Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The return of Philip Holiday?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Romulus9
Per FightNews:

IBO welterweight champion Lovemore Ndou (47-11-1, 31 KOs) is contemplating a defense against former IBF lightweight champion Philip Holiday (38-6-1, 22 KOs) after having talks recently. Ndou has been based in Sydney, Australia for several years and Holiday is a permanent resident in Brisbane Australia. Ndou said, I am very interested in giving Philip Holiday a shot at my IBO title. He was interviewed recently and said he wanted to fight me. We were regular sparring partners when Philip was the IBF lightweight champion. He was an outstanding world champion defeating Australian boxing legend Jeff Fenech by knockout in two rounds and lost the title in a very close fight to boxing great Shane Mosley. Philip said he is in good shape now as he trains daily in Brisbane gym where he trains boxers. There has been bad blood between us so it will be good to complete unfinished business with him. Holiday last boxed in 2003 when he was stopped by former 2000 Gold Medalist Mohamed Abdulaev in four rounds. Ndou will next defend the IBO welterweight title against Mathew Hatton (37-4-1, 14 KOs) on November 13 in Staffordshire, England.

Interesting stuff here. Holiday was a very entertaining fighter, one of the best lightweights of the 90s, but is 147 a good idea, especially after this much time away from the game? Ndou isn't a P4P great but he's very strong for his weight class and isn't an ideal matchup without having a tuneup at 147 first.

Always liked Holiday. Let's see what happens.
JLUVBABY
im almost certain holiday gets blasted out by most top rated guys he would fight today... he was a shot fighter 10 yrs ago... i hope thats just talk... if i rememebr correctly he was ko'd in his last fight before he gave up the sport...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.