Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUPER SIX
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
TRELG
WHO WILL B THE LAST 2 STANDING?

PS. THEY GON CHEAT CUZ THEY WILL NOT HAVE 2 AMERICANS IN THE FINALS. SUM1(WARD/DIRRELL)WILL B ROB'D
D-MARV
QUOTE (TRELG @ Oct 6 2009, 11:03 AM) *

PS. THEY GON CHEAT CUZ THEY WILL NOT HAVE 2 AMERICANS IN THE FINALS. SUM1(WARD/DIRRELL)WILL B ROB'D

Who is they?

You DO know that some of these fights will be in the U.S... Right?
JLUVBABY
im thinking its going to be the two wards... somebodies going to beat froch by decision and jermain will be a threat in any fight they put him in to be knocked out... abraham would be my dark horse...
The CEO
I personally think this tourney is a showcase for Andre Ward.....that it was set up a little for him....feeding him the overrated favorite (Kessler) in his hometown of Oakland in his 1st bout....that win will really set him off on the right foot...

So anyway....I see Ward in the final bout....AND winning it to be exact....don't know who'll be there with him as the rest of 'em are all around the same skill level and have the same chance....but hey....that's Super Middle for ya....chock full of B fighters and C brawlers....the runt in Class of the tween divisions.....the place to STAY for the above average boxer who wants people to think he's Great...lol

Seriously...they shoulda called this tourney "The Best of The Bs"....because none of The 6 are "SUPER"....yet.
Maxy
I'll be rooting for Froch to win this tourney big time because I've followed his career from the amateur days and I genuinely like the fella.

I know he's got his limitations but he's got more balls than Calzaghe ever showed in his lengthy and farcial career. See, over here, the media laud Calzaghe, many hailing him the greatest Brit of all time, yet Froch is a complete unknown. He can't even get a TV deal.

I've definitely got Froch over Dirrell.
The CEO
I like Froch too, Maxy....he's a warrior.....but like I've said before....he's old for his age, and I see this tourney being his demise...

If Ward don't win, I want him to win....and if Froch don't win, I want Abraham to win....
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 6 2009, 03:24 PM) *
I like Froch too, Maxy....he's a warrior.....but like I've said before....he's old for his age, and I see this tourney being his demise...

If Ward don't win, I want him to win....and if Froch don't win, I want Abraham to win....

Well it's nice to see that you like Froch....

I get where you are coming from saying he's old for his age too. I'm under no illusions, he's far from the favourite in this tourney.

It's a disgrace that the TV companies over here haven't given the bloke a contract yet they all tossed themselves off over Calzaghe. For that reason and because I enjoy watching him fight, I want Froch to win it.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 6 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Well it's nice to see that you like Froch....

I get where you are coming from saying he's old for his age too. I'm under no illusions, he's far from the favourite in this tourney.

It's a disgrace that the TV companies over here haven't given the bloke a contract yet they all tossed themselves off over Calzaghe. For that reason and because I enjoy watching him fight, I want Froch to win it.

Iv mentioned this before maxy, but if your not a household name in britain, your not even getting a passing mention, the BBC are a fuckin disgrace, the money they spent on formula 1 so we can watch that little cunt hamilton losing was a disgrace, as is he budget they spend on top gear every year, and we have a british world champ who hardly anyone has heard of. Sad
TRELG
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 6 2009, 09:20 AM) *
Who is they?

You DO know that some of these fights will be in the U.S... Right?

of course i know a few fights will b in the good US of A. you gotta think tho...After OUR Americcans win at home, we're goin right bak overseas to get rob'd. thts juss how i see it!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (TRELG @ Oct 6 2009, 04:03 PM) *

ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT?

You do understand that more shady decisions go down in Amerikkka than anywhere else don't you. Now don't drop yo 40 when leaving the store Cain.
Al Hata

I also like Ward right now.
Al Hata

double post
caneman
I still like Kessler to win it myself!
Spyder
I like how quickly CEO is selling out the "other" two Americans in the Tourney...jus' sayin'

laugh.gif

Dirrell wins it all.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 6 2009, 09:21 PM) *
I like how quickly CEO is selling out the "other" two Americans in the Tourney...jus' sayin'

laugh.gif

Dirrell wins it all.

laugh.gif

You're not talkin' about this....but my last post proves again what I've always said....

that a fighter doesn't HAVE to be American for me to like them....and that I don't automatically hate British/Euro fighters......I even appreciate The Klits for Christ's sake...lol....the ONLY time I become a Nationalistic asshole is when I'm compelled or provoked by all the REAL, Nationalistic assholes out there.....they make me wanna get down on their level and destroy them at their own game...

Like right now...there's a large number of Kesslerites (a.k.a. Calzagheans, Danish Boxing fans, or Anti-American Boxing fans) on this other forum I read from time to time...they're like a gang of blind, ignorant IDIOTS.....and maaaannnnn.......I'm tellin' ya......after Ward beats Kessler, I WILL be taking another GIGANTIC shit all over ALL of them...right in the middle of their board.

I could go on and on because I'm worked up...lol...but I'll stop right there....

I honestly like Froch and Abraham better than I like Taylor and Dirrell.....and I will root for them in that order, unless forced to do otherwise....lol
JaRaNDa
Based on what people are predicting and what had been writen I'm very suprised how little Abraham is being mentioned. Not only aren't people picking him to win, the guy is not being mentioned as a possible threat to the rest of the 6. I have not seen a great deal of Ward, Dirrell or Froch for that matter therefor I can't make a solid prediction but are these 3 THAT much above Abraham? From what I have seen of Arthur the guy can box, has shown a great jaw, toughness and can also crack! I don't really see Jermain being too much of a threat as the guy gases out & has that certain spark in him that is missing.
King Eugene
Check it...

http://sports.sho.com/sswbc/sswbc-fighters.html
JonnyBlaze
I got a bet goin with one of my guys about the tourney..We both picked 2 guys who we think will win it..I took a LONG shot and said that the winner will be Kessler or Ward..Well 1 of my 2 guys are leavin the tourney in the first round,that's for sure..haha..I really think the winner of that fight wins it all..I see some of you are under estimating Kessler for some reason but if he gets past Ward,his only other worry could be Abraham I think..Froch would be a good fight for Kessler too but Froch is gonna get exposed in this tourney if ya ask me..I've said it a lot but Froch's jab needs to be fixed ASAP if he wants to win this..He can't bring his right hand back past his head when he jabs or a guy like Ward is gonna tag him with left hooks..

Incase you're all wondering my friend picked Dirrell and Abraham..He's from Flint so he's a huge Dirrell fan..I like Dirrell myself but he is the greenest of the green in this tourney..For Ward,he fought Miranda..Miranda may of been pretty much done before the fight but it was a big named opponent..Yet,putting the best super middleweight infront of him will be a major step from Miranda..All ya gotta do is compare Kessler's resume to any of the other guys in the tourney(when fighting at super middleweight)..It's hard to blend in Abraham and Taylor since we haven't gotten to see much other Taylor at 68 and we haven't seen Abraham at 68..Abraham in my opinion will make a smooth adjustment though..
Maxy
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 8 2009, 05:23 AM) *
I've said it a lot but Froch's jab needs to be fixed ASAP if he wants to win this..He can't bring his right hand back past his head when he jabs or a guy like Ward is gonna tag him with left hooks..

Froch has always done that so there is no way he will change a lifetime habit so late in his career. The thing is he posseses a great beard and although he's not technically sound he is strong, has excellent stamina and a good shot on him. I see Dirrell marking him up, especially with the left hook, but ultimately I feel Froch will begin to walk him down in the latter half of the fight and stop him by about the 11th.
Lil-lightsout
I think there are some great matchups and fights to come of this. As far as predictions, I have no clue how any of these fights will pan out. I just think all there skill levels are so close and I honestly do not know what to expect. Plus my predictions suck anyway, though I did pick Floyd over Marquez.
Spyder
Abraham gets little respect because he is a one punch fighter. Jermain Taylor is gonna Nonito the shit outta him.

...and Dirrell will gain A TON of fans after his fight with Froch. Froch might even get his own wagon for tricking you guys into thinking that he could KEEP UP with The Matrix, nevermind get the win.

The lack of respect the boy from Flint is getting will seem ridiculous in a few months.

aggressive.gif
D-MARV
This is a tough one...

I'm pulling for Ward!
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 8 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Abraham gets little respect because he is a one punch fighter. Jermain Taylor is gonna Nonito the shit outta him.

...and Dirrell will gain A TON of fans after his fight with Froch. Froch might even get his own wagon for tricking you guys into thinking that he could KEEP UP with The Matrix, nevermind get the win.

The lack of respect the boy from Flint is getting will seem ridiculous in a few months.

aggressive.gif

I personally think Taylor can beat Abraham in this fight...but seeing how it's in Germany, I can easily see Taylor gettin' robbed...so I'm goin' with Abraham as my official pick.

and IF Dirrell doesnt' choke and beats Froch impressively in Froch's hometown, I'll be givin' him some LOUD props, Spyder....but like I've been sayin'....I have a strong feeling there's gonna be all kinds of bullshit cards and decisions in this Busch League tourney....
Spyder
The tourney is using a points system, so even though there will probably be at least a couple of bad decisions in this thing...those fighters will not be eliminated.

It is entirely possible that Dirrell could get robbed in the Froch fight, but that won't seal his fate...AND, he will gain a tremendous amount of respect from the doubters.

The Matrix WILL be the last man standing. I can't wait for the 18th when I get to bump this thread...

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 8 2009, 11:02 PM) *
The tourney is using a points system, so even though there will probably be at least a couple of bad decisions in this thing...those fighters will not be eliminated.

It is entirely possible that Dirrell could get robbed in the Froch fight, but that won't seal his fate...AND, he will gain a tremendous amount of respect from the doubters.

The Matrix WILL be the last man standing. I can't wait for the 18th when I get to bump this thread...

laugh.gif

Where did you hear this??If this is true,it kinda sucks since the tournament won't end for a long ass time..It's also good in a way too since we have a better chance seein the match ups we want to see if we don't like the ones already set up..

Ward/Dirrell would be a sweet fight to see..Kessler/Abraham would be another good one that I'd want to see..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 9 2009, 12:50 AM) *
It's been a round robin tournament since the start JB.

Oh ok,thanks..I must not of been payin too close of attention..I wonder when this thing will be over in..2011 or maybe later is my guess..Lots of fights to be made..Wish they'd do this for the cruiserweights and welterweights too..
Spyder
Showtime World Boxing Classic Super Six Tournament

Point system: Win = 2 pts; Draw = 1 pt; KO or TKO = 1 bonus pt; Loss = 0 pts

Competitors:

Oct. 17: Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs), Berlin, Germany, vs. Jermain Taylor (28-3-1, l7 KOs), of Little Rock, Ark., at 02 World Arena, Berlin, Germany.

Oct. 17: World Boxing Council champion Carl Froch (25-0, 20 knockouts), of Nottingham, England, vs. Andre Dirrell (18-0, 13 KOs), of Flint, Mich., at the Trent FM Arena, Nottingham, England.

Nov. 21: World Boxing Association Mikkel Kessler (42-1, 32 KOs), of Copenhagen, Denmark, vs. Andre Ward (20-0, 13 KOs), of Oakland, Calif., at Oracle Arena, Oakland Calif.

Rules of Engagement: The "Group Stage One" is comprised of each fighter engaging in one bout -- for a total of three fights. The first stage pairings are Abraham vs. Taylor, Froch vs. Dirrell, and Kessler vs. Ward.

After each matchup is completed, the boxers will be awarded points based on the results. A win is worth two points; a knockout or stoppage earns an additional bonus point -- totaling three; a decision earns two points; a draw, one point; and a loss, zero.

A scoreboard is then created so that observers can track the progress and fighters' rankings as they advance through each group stage.

For example, if Abraham and Kessler score group one KOs, they will be awarded three points each. A decision by Froch earns two points, and the three American losers, no points.

This means Abraham and Kessler would be tied for first place with three points each, Froch would be in third place with two, and the Americans, all scoreless and tied for fourth.

The second and third group stage pairings already have been pre-determined, however, they won't be released to the media until later.

After all three group stages have been completed, the points will be totaled, yielding the field of semifinalists seeded Nos. 1 through No. 4. The finalists will be produced from there.

Three: Total fights per individual through initial three group stages

Four: Total fights for each semifinalist

Five: Total fights for runner-up

Five: Total fights for champion

Note: In the event of a tie in any round, a tie-breaking criteria already has been agreed upon.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/10/05/supe...-classic-rules/
Jack 1000
On Taylor-Abraham, Taylor starts strong and fades late. I got Abraham by TKO 10 in a thriller. Froch-Dirrel will be close and hard to call. Considering the venue, I will take Froch by SD.

Hey, is this really gonna be live or tape delayed? All schedules say live at 7 PM (CST) which is like 1am in England to 2am in Germany. Let me know.

Jack
thefloatingmonkey
Dirrell should have little trouble with Froch as long as he boxes from the outside. Dirrell should give him more trouble than Taylor. On a side note hopefully Dirrell will actually throw punches. The several matches I have seen him in, he tends to have issues letting his hands go.
ROLL DEEP
Here's to hoping Froch bombs him out!

GO FROCH! laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
I like Dirrell by decision and Abraham by KO this weekend.

Kessler-Ward I expect to be the least exciting of the opening fights. Either way I think it's one-sided. Just dn't know which way. If Ward's got IT, the way my man CEO swears he does, he wins in a laugher. But if he doesn't have the toughness, that I and some others question in him right now, Kessler beats him down.

I hope Ward does have it cause I like the kid, and no, you can't say told me so if he turns out to be the real thing. LMAO.
D-MARV
CEO, is it too late to jump on the Ward Bandwagon?

I can see him playing around with Kessler.
Spyder
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 13 2009, 11:17 AM) *
Here's to hoping Froch bombs him out!

GO FROCH! laugh.gif

You and CEO should start a bandwagon for him. Call it, The UK's Boxing DOMINATION of the US Bandwagon.
The CEO
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 13 2009, 12:00 PM) *
I like Dirrell by decision and Abraham by KO this weekend.

Kessler-Ward I expect to be the least exciting of the opening fights. Either way I think it's one-sided. Just dn't know which way. If Ward's got IT, the way my man CEO swears he does, he wins in a laugher. But if he doesn't have the toughness, that I and some others question in him right now, Kessler beats him down.

I hope Ward does have it cause I like the kid, and no, you can't say told me so if he turns out to be the real thing. LMAO.

LOL....ok....I will only tell you he was tougher than you thought...how about that?...is that fair?...lol

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 13 2009, 12:17 PM) *
CEO, is it too late to jump on the Ward Bandwagon?

I can see him playing around with Kessler.

I want the best man to win this thing...and IMO...that's Ward.

He will clearly decision Kessler...and if it's anywhere close....Ward will get some home cookin'...simple as that. Kessler will HAVE to stop him to win this fight...

Refer below for the Bandwagon comment....lol

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 13 2009, 12:50 PM) *
You and CEO should start a bandwagon for him. Call it, The UK's Boxing DOMINATION of the US Bandwagon.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah right.

Never in a million years...lol

I ain't starting any Band Wagons for ANY fighter, boys....because I. Don't. Hug. Nuts!

and let it be known...I'm kinda diggin' Dirrell's trash talk lately...about "goin' Mickey Mantle" on Froch, and how "he can kiss my Yankee Doodle.."...haha.gif.....I don't know....but if he backs his mouth up with an impressive performance in enemy territory, I might have to move him past those Euro bums I mean fighters that I like....lol
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 13 2009, 12:48 PM) *
LOL....ok....I will only tell you he was tougher than you thought...how about that?...is that fair?...lol

I can live with that.

clapping.gif

I'm not really saying I don't think Ward's tough enough. I'm just not sure.
STEVENSKI
I just really hope a Euro wins this thing. My pick is Abraham.
Big Slim Sweet
Abraham's my pick too.
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 13 2009, 06:23 PM) *
I just really hope a Euro wins this thing. My pick is Abraham.

That's it!

That's all it takes...you America Hating son of a BITCH.

There will be NO MERCY in my dojo after Cotto beats Pacquiao....consider your Sig FUCKED.
Spyder
CEO is going Cobra Kai up in here! lol

Alright...I admit that I KNOW you don't hug nuts...but, I guess I was just a little dissappointed that you were picking AGAINST the home grown. With everything that you've said in the past, I just felt like I needed to remind you by throwing one downstairs.

Again, I'm not mad at you...I'm just dissappointed.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder)
CEO is going Cobra Kai up in here! lol

Alright...I admit that I KNOW you don't hug nuts...but, I guess I was just a little dissappointed that you were picking AGAINST the home grown. With everything that you've said in the past, I just felt like I needed to remind you by throwing one downstairs.

Again, I'm not mad at you...I'm just dissappointed.

Well that hurts....I'd rather you be mad at me...lol

I'm a Proud American....you know that...but I don't let that get in the way of my predictions (i.e. picking Calzaghe to beat Lacy and Hopkins)...

and AT THIS POINT...I like Froch and Abraham better, as fighters, than I do Dirrell and Taylor...AND I see those matchups favoring the Euros as well...

The homefield advantage is gonna be a killer in this tourney.
Spyder
I feel like I just caught my teenage daughter blowing Ricky Hatton...and the only thing that she can say to me is, "But I LOVE him!"

Time to pour one out for a fallen homie... no2.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif laugh.gif

What a horrible scenario.........but really.....what do you expect me to say?

"The 3 Americans ARE the 3 best fighters in this tourney and WILL finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....for America."....lol....nope....can't do it...not with these particulars....not here.

Stop pushin' my buttons, man...lol
Spyder
Alright fine...you're a grown man, and you have every right to like any fighter that you want. But don't expect me to like it.

laugh.gif
1zz
I see Kessler winning it all.
Maxy
Re-watched Froch-Pascal (what a fight) and Froch-Taylor (what a finish) last night. Oh mate, Froch gets hit so much you gotta worry about his longevity in the sport.

I actually see Abraham as the favourite to win it all. I reckon he'll be stronger with the extra weight and he's tough as old boots.

Froch's the man though.

I hope he does the business Saturday night!
lloyd mayflower
http://www.livefight.com/live-streaming.php

Stream for the Froch Dirrell and Abraham Taylor fights. Its a pay as u go effort but just in case anyone cant get the fight any other way. 12.95
Lil-lightsout
I am actually very excited to watch the fights saturday night. No one in particular I am rooting for either, mainly just hope we get some good action fights.
Jack 1000
For the Showtime tape delayed broadcast this Saturday, will it be in HD? (Being tape delayed from England and Germany.) or not? My cable company (Time Warner) never does Shobox in HD on the Showtime HD channel. They might treat this like Shobox. Sometimes they have trouble with the equipment in foreign countries.

Jack
Imperius3
My rankings of the Super Six:

1.) Abraham
2.) Kessler
3.) Dirrell
4.) Ward
5.) Froch
6.) Taylor
Jack 1000
I like the tournament,

BUT, I am not so sure that I like it if the loser loses he is not eliminated from the competition. It should really be called the Super Eight. It would be cool if Pavlik was in this thing!

So who is the alternate if one of the fighters gets hurt bad or sick? Or in the case of Taylor, should probably retire or at least go on a medical suspension as he has now suffered brutal back-to back KO losses? Taylor should retire. If so, who takes his place as the alternate? (Sorry if this info has been brought up before, but I don't have time to go back and re-read the thread now.)

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.