Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Important Is The Trainer's Leadership In Training?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
While Miguel Cotto is full blast training,..and so far I hear no issues that may cause his distractions to be an effective fighter come Nov. 14, the training camp of Pacquiao in Baguio, Philippines is rumored to be with issues regarding Fredie Roach losing his grip of leadership in the matters of decision making in the Camp...

The trainors, Fredie Roach and Buboy Fernandez(Filipino trainor of Manny) are up against Mr. Konch(?) adviser of Pacquiao. Konch, the Canadian adviser of Pacquiao is calling the shots!...especially in the matter of who should Pacquiao's sparmates be?......apparently. there were some other issues in the Camp that need to be settled by Manny....other people are concern Roach is losing his grip,... an insider of the camp overheard Konch's comment of his wish for Pacquiao to DUMP Fredie, saying Pacquiao will save a lot of money by not hiring the "the best trainor"...How important is the trainor's leadership in the camp..?...

As for me, Mr Roach made a lot of contribution in making Pacquiao what he is today,...in fact Buboy Fernandez(the original trainor of Pacquiao, now asst trainer) has given way to Mr Roach' leadership and expertise in moulding Manny Pacquiao to become one of the best today...and there are many who share my opinion that Manny should not lose chemistry with Fredie Roach... at the end of the day, it will be Roach or Konch...Pacquiao will decide...

How important is the leadership of a trainor in the Camp?...
Warlord
You can never under-estimate the value of a good trainer. Smart fighters who are capable of making the necessary changes in their training and fighting habits can benefit greatly from a good trainer. Roach is one of the best in boxing, imo. Like Greg Jackson in MMA. I think Pac is an idiot if these reports are true. Drama in training camp is not the recipe for victory.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 7 2009, 02:39 AM) *
You can never under-estimate the value of a good trainer. Smart fighters who are capable of making the necessary changes in their training and fighting habits can benefit greatly from a good trainer. Roach is one of the best in boxing, imo. Like Greg Jackson in MMA. I think Pac is an idiot if these reports are true. Drama in training camp is not the recipe for victory.

especially going into a fight with the most dangerous fighter he has ever faced...
Douchebag
Cotto is going to hit Manny so hard he is going shit his draws!
D-MARV
I'm not buying this crap. Pacquiao will be ready on Nov 14. If he loses... then it's because Cotto is better, too big, or both.
Warlord
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 7 2009, 07:29 PM) *
I'm not buying this crap. Pacquiao will be ready on Nov 14. If he loses... then it's because Cotto is better, too big, or both.

I'm banking on "both."

Erik Morales (un-shot version) laid down the blue print for beating Pac. If Cotto's recovered (and I don't know that he has) from that plaster-wrapped beatdown he took, he'll put the same sort of beating on Pac, and probably stop him too. Course, I never saw too many fighters recover from those kind of beatdowns. (For evidence, see Exhibit A: David Reid. Exhibit B: Fernando Vargas)
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 7 2009, 01:29 PM) *

I think it is moot and academic, somebody inside Camp Pacquiao said the issues between Roach and Koncz was a thing of the past...
iron_mike
Who the fuk is this Konch guy? Why mess with a proven, winning formula? I thought adding Moorer to the training camp was gonna mess things up (again, why mess with a good thing? If it ain't broke..) but apparently not.

Whatever you think about Roach and his ego, demands, etc., he turned Pac from a one dimensional powerhouse into a more complete boxer. Yes he still has his flaws, but I hope this is bullshit cause Pac and Roach is like Tyson with Rooney= a proven formula that works
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 7 2009, 06:29 PM) *

agreed...
flazi
hmmm for some reason i think manny thrives on drama. i am pretty sure every guy here has had that one girlfriend(or two lol) that just was never happy or never herself without some drama or chaos going on in their lives. i think manny is the same. For him, there has to be some kind of chaos going on for him to feel at home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.