Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Williams Going To Knock Pavlik Out!...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
dominicbuilder9k1
Williams...probably the strongest punch in his weight division...has declared his intention, knock out Pavlik!... I've seen Williams,...wooahhh!.. he's good and strong.... but I've seen Pavlik too, an equally pretty good technical boxer-fighter... The sport of Boxing is on the RISE....!!!....
Who do you pick?... I was totally incorrect in saying Arreola has his chance to win against Vitali.... In this Williams Vs Pavlik,.. I am hoping Pavlik will prove himself against Williams...woooahhh!... that's a prediction comparable to my wish for Arreola against Klitschko...... Welcome to the Exciting World Of Boxing!... Who do you pick and why?...
JaRaNDa
I think Williams has the skill & power capable of putting Pavlik away, but he would have to fight the perfect fight & also find him self in the right time frame to pull off the pefect combination of punches. Give me Williams in a competative yet clear, impressive UD thumbsup_anim.gif
King Eugene
Like I said before if Williams shows he can take Pavliks best shot or manage to not get hit flush all night then he'll cruise to a UD.
gbh32001
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Oct 7 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Williams...probably the strongest punch in his weight division...has declared his intention, knock out Pavlik!... I've seen Williams,...wooahhh!.. he's good and strong.... but I've seen Pavlik too, an equally pretty good technical boxer-fighter... The sport of Boxing is on the RISE....!!!....
Who do you pick?... I was totally incorrect in saying Arreola has his chance to win against Vitali.... In this Williams Vs Pavlik,.. I am hoping Pavlik will prove himself against Williams...woooahhh!... that's a prediction comparable to my wish for Arreola against Klitschko...... Welcome to the Exciting World Of Boxing!... Who do you pick and why?...
I like to pick an underdog....going against the wind is an easy travel than going with it.
D-MARV
PWill by destruction... Late corner stoppage.
streetlion1
I think PW is in for a shock. I have Pavlik winning this one by K.O.....Williams defense still leaves something to be desired...the way he wings his punches sometimes and leaves himself off balance and at times is kinda pitty patting shots out there. I think Pavlik is gonna walk him down with the jab and straight right.

Say goodnight finally to Paul "the over-rated hype job" Williams!
D-MARV
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 7 2009, 09:15 AM) *
I think PW is in for a shock. I have Pavlik winning this one by K.O.....Williams defense still leaves something to be desired...the way he wings his punches sometimes and leaves himself off balance and at times is kinda pitty patting shots out there. I think Pavlik is gonna walk him down with the jab and straight right.

Say goodnight finally to Paul "the over-rated hype job" Williams!

I would give Pavlik a strong chance if he could counter but he can't. Pavlik will be spending most of the fight covering up.
streetlion1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 7 2009, 08:29 AM) *
I would give Pavlik a strong chance if he could counter but he can't. Pavlik will be spending most of the fight covering up.

I dunno...we have seen Pavlik take some big shots....I dont think PW has JT power so I dont think Pavlik is gonna be very tentative. He is gonna have to come through some fire no doubt....but I think things will change when Williams feels Kellys power.
yuca
I got Williams in this one, this is his toughest fight to date, Kelly is not coming to just sit there and block punches ala Winky, neither is he going to wait until the plaster hardens. He will come to fight every round just like Williams will.
If PW can absorb Kelly's best punch, or avoid it, then he has gotten to win this one by decision.
I like this match up, two of the best young fighters in the MW div. wanting to prove themselves.
I don't think Pavlik will be KO though, KD yes, but not KOed.
KookedKrack
If Williams wins this I dont think it will be via ko.....his freakish size advantages wont be so much @168 imo
JLUVBABY
williams takes a pretty good shot too... he took the hands of margarito (loaded?) for 12 rounds...
Jack 1000
I like Pavlik,

But Williams is too much of a stylistic nightmare for him. The height, the jab, the reach, the angles. Pavlik will be game as ever, but I think he is gonna get eaten alive. Williams by BRUTAL 9th round TKO stoppage. This is like the Hopkins fight with more pain for Pavlik.

Jack
kidbazooka1
I think both guys have the pwoer to put each other away but PW is the better boxer I see him taking a close but well deserved UD.
JonnyBlaze
I'm goin with Williams in this fight..Pavlik could knock him out..Williams won't be a "freak" in this fight..Williams may have longer arms but he will be the shorter guy which is something he has yet to be in any of his fights..Williams will have the speed advantage but not the power advantage..They both are weak defensively but I might give the edge to Williams..Williams has great stamina and throws a lot of punches which he'll have to continue to do in this fight to get the win..

If Williams can stay away from Pavlik's right hand,I think he should win a UD..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 7 2009, 04:46 PM) *
williams takes a pretty good shot too... he took the hands of margarito (loaded?) for 12 rounds...

You are acting like Margarito is a bona fide puncher. He wears people down & I am yet to see him display one punch power. Pavlik has a excellent middleweight punch & a big punch from a big puncher at 160 is very different from a average punch froma welter. Has Williams even faced a "big" puncher at 147?

People must see things in Williams I just don't. The second coming of Tommy Hearns he certainly is not.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2009, 07:04 PM) *
You are acting like Margarito is a bona fide puncher. He wears people down & I am yet to see him display one punch power. Pavlik has a excellent middleweight punch & a big punch from a big puncher at 160 is very different from a average punch froma welter. Has Williams even faced a "big" puncher at 147?

People must see things in Williams I just don't. The second coming of Tommy Hearns he certainly is not.

PWill ain't no Hearns but he's better than Pavlik.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 8 2009, 12:17 AM) *
PWill ain't no Hearns but he's better than Pavlik.

That remains to be seen. I have seen nothing of Williams at 160 to make me thing he is all that & a bag of chips. If he proves me wrong then great but I just see Pavlik as being too strong & Williams has not shown me he can fight 12 rounds ogff the back foot. If he stands with Kelly he will get hurt IMO & he does not have teh ring savvy & guile to pull a Hopkins on him.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2009, 07:35 PM) *
That remains to be seen. I have seen nothing of Williams at 160 to make me thing he is all that & a bag of chips. If he proves me wrong then great but I just see Pavlik as being too strong & Williams has not shown me he can fight 12 rounds ogff the back foot. If he stands with Kelly he will get hurt IMO & he does not have teh ring savvy & guile to pull a Hopkins on him.

You're right! PWill is No Hopkins. He doesn't need to be... And PWill won't be the one on his back foot. PWill will throw so many punches from so many different angles that Pavlik won't know what hit him. Pavlik may make it to the final bell and will be competitive at times but PWill will win this fight clearly.
Lil-lightsout
I do not see PW KO'n Pavlik(maybe TKO from corner or ref stoppage). It seems that Paul takes a good shot so far, but they have been from smaller fighters and punchers. We have yet to see him hit flush with a middleweights punch, especially from a hard puncher like Kelly. I am very excited for this fight. I just don't know what kind of fight Pavlik is going to fight? He better be very prepared for a whirlwind of punches for all 12 rounds possibly. I give Paul major props for taking this fight, and if he wins impressively he gets major props from me. I also slightly favor Paul to win a decision, he is just so damn conditioned and mentally fit to fight. But with Williams skinny legs and small neck, I also would not be surprised to see him hurt bad and get KO'd, cause there are openings for him to get hit cause he is always throwing. Though I thought PW defense in his last fight looked the best I ever saw from him. Can't wait.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2009, 06:04 PM) *

i know margs. not a puncher in the true sense of the word but he hits hard when his hands are wrapped right... lol... i think this is an interesting fight that will go either two ways.. fireworks early that either guy can win or paul williams windmill style takes control over the course and leads him to a ud....
JaRaNDa
I'm really glad this fight is happening, both have a great determination in the ring and can have a very busy, steady pace which should make for an exciting fight. Both fighters are capable of really hurting the other as Williams has not faced a puncher close to Pavlik, & Pavlik has shown he can be seriously hurt more than once. PW has shown he can fight effectively at Middle but has not shown he can take a punch at middle yet, but feel if he can stick n move & keep it up all night he could find him self in a easy fight, which I don't see him doing.
I feel both fighters have not had the greatest management so far in their career but give both guys props for taking this fight & will be a big win for either fighter. I like PW, but should really work on his defense & commit to using his structure & build to his advantage more often, that being said I beleive he will once again show the world that Pavlik is hype job. taunt.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 7 2009, 06:35 PM) *

Agree. PW has shown nothing....now he finally gets his chance against a good strong fighter. PW will definitely be the one backing up and once he feels any kinda power the running shoes may come on or else he'll try to trade and get KTFO....I think Kellys jab will be the key to this fight...as well as PW not being able to hurt Kelly.
D-MARV
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 8 2009, 10:20 AM) *
Agree. PW has shown nothing....now he finally gets his chance against a good strong fighter. PW will definitely be the one backing up and once he feels any kinda power the running shoes may come on or else he'll try to trade and get KTFO....I think Kellys jab will be the key to this fight...as well as PW not being able to hurt Kelly.

LMAO at PWill throwing on his running shoes... He'll get KO'd before he does that!
Method
The more I think about it, the more I think PWill is gonna dominate, and I REALLY hope I'm wrong, because i like Pavlik.

I'm wondering if way too much is being made of Pavlik's power, given that PWill has been in there w heavies on down...
D-MARV

LMAO... Pretty much sums it up!
PR316
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 8 2009, 05:21 PM) *
The more I think about it, the more I think PWill is gonna dominate, and I REALLY hope I'm wrong, because i like Pavlik.

I'm wondering if way too much is being made of Pavlik's power, given that PWill has been in there w heavies on down...

Thats where I'm at...

I think it all boils down to if Kelly can hurt P-Will with his power. Williams will get hit IMO, and how he deals with it determines the outcome.

KP has a chance to get him out late, but if he can't cause any serious damage at all in the early rounds, I think P-will wins the UD via 8-4 rounds score or something like that.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 8 2009, 12:21 PM) *

I witnessed PWill spar William Joppy and he handled his power just fine.
Method
Well, Joppy ain't exactly a power threat.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 8 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Well, Joppy ain't exactly a power threat.

No he isn't but he was a Light Heavy and he wasn't all that feather-fisted either. I guess my point is... that even with the size and strength advantages, Joppy wasn't pushing PWill back.
JD
Yeah, but Joppy was a small middle. As a light heavy he just looked like he did not belong.
Method
Yeah. William Joppy dont have ANY size/strength advantages over Paul Williams.

Paul is ~ 6'2" w an 84" reach. Joppy like 5'9" w a 72" reach. Where's the "size" advantage for Joppy?

Joppy could weigh 220...it wouldn't matter. The heavier Joppy is, the easier he is to hit...and easier he is to elude.
Lil-lightsout
I met Joppy once years ago at a fight and he was not that big at all. Maybe his weight is at light heavyweight right now, but by no means is he a TRUE light heavyweight. He was a decent puncher at best to at lower weights.
singletrack
I guess it's good publicity saying he is going to KO him, but I severely doubt Paul is actually coming in with a gameplan that will have a chance of KOing Pavlik. I don't see him sitting down on his punches and trying to knock out Kelly. I do see him moving all night and trying to keep Kelly off him with combos (basically a carbon copy of what he did against Margarita).

The problem is that Pavlik is a big, lanky dude and he should be able to get to Paul despite the huge amount of punches coming at him. If Paul squares up, as he is accustomed to doing when he throws those extended flurries, there is a good chance Kelly is going to put him to sleep.

I fully expect Kelly to do more damage in this fight, but Paul could win it with sheer volume. I do think Pavlik by KO is a serious possibility as well. I don't give PW much of a chance to KO Pavlik, who has a brick for a head.
Method
I hope Kelly DOES put him to sleep. I'm just sayin...
caneman
It is going to be really interesting to see.how these two guys styles play out in the ring. I like both guys and I know PW will throw a ton of punches unless Kelly can hurt him and get his respect with some big straight punches! I still think Kelly has to stop rellying on that 1-1-2 cause when it doesn't work a good fighter needs more,IE a plan A B C and so on! It just seems to me like Jack only says double the jab and follow.with that straight right and that a smart fighter can take one or the other away from Kelly and there will be nothing else he can do! I just don't see flying against top guys and I am not sure that Jack can get Kelly to the next level! Well typing on this Blackberry is kinda sucking so I am out for now! Peace!
PR316
P-Will seems to have a good chin but Pavlik should test it to a higher degree than others have.

Yeah I've been watching soccer. We should start a thread in the General Discussion section.
The CEO
I see Pavlik walkin' through Williams' punches and eventually stopping him...with his stack of dimes neck and popsicle stick legs....lol

Williams is basically biting off more than he can chew...like Pacquiao is doing with Cotto.
JonnyBlaze
It's not reach statistics that matter..That just shows how long his wing span is from finger tip to finger tip..Arm length is the statistic that matters..You could have a longer reach due to wider shoulders/back and/or long fingers,but could have a shorter arm length..Paul Williams has very wide shoulders..

Does anyone have any stats on Paul Williams arm length(armpit to fist)??I'd really want to know..I'm 6'2 and have 28.5'' arm length..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 8 2009, 08:40 AM) *
I guess it's good publicity saying he is going to KO him, but I severely doubt Paul is actually coming in with a gameplan that will have a chance of KOing Pavlik. I don't see him sitting down on his punches and trying to knock out Kelly. I do see him moving all night and trying to keep Kelly off him with combos (basically a carbon copy of what he did against Margarita).

The problem is that Pavlik is a big, lanky dude and he should be able to get to Paul despite the huge amount of punches coming at him. If Paul squares up, as he is accustomed to doing when he throws those extended flurries, there is a good chance Kelly is going to put him to sleep.

I fully expect Kelly to do more damage in this fight, but Paul could win it with sheer volume. I do think Pavlik by KO is a serious possibility as well. I don't give PW much of a chance to KO Pavlik, who has a brick for a head.

I believe Paul will come in with a game plan, and that is to put pressure on Pavlik with a barrage of heavy knockout-punches,..and pray one will find its target...this is Paul's game plan... But I agree with you, Kelly is a big, lanky and a very smart boxer-knockout puncher and so I pick him to Knock out Williams instead...hahaha...
salvador
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Oct 9 2009, 12:57 AM) *
I believe Paul will come in with a game plan, and that is to put pressure on Pavlik with a barrage of heavy knockout-punches,..and pray one will find its target...this is Paul's game plan... But I agree with you, Kelly is a big, lanky and a very smart boxer-knockout puncher and so I pick him to Knock out Williams instead...hahaha...

First of all, I wouldn't call Pavlik a "very smart" anything. He's a straightforward, flat-footed, conventional fighter with long arms and heavy hands who can take a hell of a punch.

Pavlik should win this fight for no other reason than he's going to be able to take whatever Williams throws at him and because Williams is going to be right in front of him to hit. The way to beat Pavlik is with speed and footwork, and Williams doesn't really have much of either. Williams might win this on volume, but he won't win by ko. Pavlik, on the other hand, should land more straight right hands in the first 6 rounds of this fight than he has since the Miranda fight.

I actually think this is going to be a better fight than Pac-Cotto.

And if Williams really can make 147, I hope that if he wins this fight that he goes back down to ww to fight ANYBODY just to humiliate Floyd and make it clear that Floyd is ducking him.
caneman
Does anyone think that the Hopkins execution of Kelly might be a good thing in the long run? I mean if Jack is a good trainer, then he seen Kelly's lack of a conplete game and they have been working on some of those things! I am really looking forward to seeing this fight!
1zz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 8 2009, 04:36 PM) *

LMAO... Pretty much sums it up!

Victory will elude Williams just like basic english eludes that guy.

I see PW getting TKO'ed in this fight.
singletrack
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 9 2009, 06:55 AM) *
Does anyone think that the Hopkins execution of Kelly might be a good thing in the long run? I mean if Jack is a good trainer, then he seen Kelly's lack of a conplete game and they have been working on some of those things! I am really looking forward to seeing this fight!

Absolutely.
streetlion1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-0i0GxBUg

When PW gets caught by just 1-2 punches like this from Kelly Pavlik its bye.gif goodnight to Williams.
D-MARV
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 9 2009, 11:15 AM) *

When PW gets caught by just 1-2 punches like this from Kelly Pavlik its bye.gif goodnight to Williams.

You're comparing a slick, counter-punching, southpaw to Pavlik? LOL... What's the vid suppose to prove?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 9 2009, 10:15 AM) *

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 9 2009, 06:33 AM) *

i would love to see p. williams fight floyd mayweather jr... thats a good fight... williams win or lose has the mind set of a real fighter...
singletrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 9 2009, 11:44 AM) *
You're comparing a slick, counter-punching, southpaw to Pavlik? LOL... What's the vid suppose to prove?

I think it proves that when Paul isn't on his game he can get beat by a B-B+ level welterweight. So he better box perfectly to beat the unified middleweight champion who happens to have devastating power.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 9 2009, 01:44 PM) *
i would love to see p. williams fight floyd mayweather jr... thats a good fight... williams win or lose has the mind set of a real fighter...

Williams would beat Mayweather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.