Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's next for Mayweather?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
On September 19, Floyd Mayweather Jr. returned to the ring after a near two year layoff to dominate Juan Manuel Marquez. He doesn't know who his next opponent will be but he told the Associated Press that he will not sit and wait on the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto winner, which takes place on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather plans to move forward with his comeback, whether that includes the Pacquiao-Cotto winner or another opponent. Shane Mosley has been calling Mayweather out but he is not in the running. Mayweather told the AP, among other outlets, that he is not interested in fighting Mosley.

Mayweather plans to return to the ring early next year. Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank has already said that he plans to negotiate with Mayweather's team next month, provided Pacquiao wins. There is a tentative date of March 13, 2010 for Pacquiao's next fight.

"I sit back and think sometimes, God doesn't want me to lose," Mayweather said. "I believe that in my heart. Every morning I thank God for what I have, because God doesn't make mistakes."
streetlion1
"God doesnt want me to lose" laugh.gif ....God must not want him to fight the best either! God must be the one telling him to dodge and duck people....now I understand! Whether he fights Pacman or not who knows...but he'll have the perfect excuse not to fight him after Pacman gets KTFO by Cotto. Then he'll avoid Cotto because God is telling him to!!

Maybe we'll see Gayweather-Hatton 2 or another teary retirement press conference.....or he can go on the road as a prophet telling everyone what God wants laugh.gif
yuca
ok ok, now I get it, he doesn't want to disappoint god, why did he wait this long to say it? It all makes sense now. bless his soul.
KookedKrack
Does "God" tell the mayweathers to beat on females as well? Or does he only get credit for his boxing related fights?
jlupi
If he really had balls and confidence he would fight mosely and then fight the pac/cotto winner getting in 2 superfights. of course the safer route is to wait to see if there is a pac superfight first. Moselys not going to get any better w age.
JD
God is his matchmaker.
Maxy
Well if he won't fight the Pac-Cotto winner or Shane Mosley is he eyeing up a fight with the Pavlik-Williams winner?

Nope.

He's turned into a joke for me now since moving up in weight. Blessed with all the natural talent in the world but God forgot to give the twat a pair of balls.
TRELG
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 7 2009, 06:44 AM) *
"God doesnt want me to lose" laugh.gif ....God must not want him to fight the best either! God must be the one telling him to dodge and duck people....now I understand! Whether he fights Pacman or not who knows...but he'll have the perfect excuse not to fight him after Pacman gets KTFO by Cotto. Then he'll avoid Cotto because God is telling him to!!

Maybe we'll see Gayweather-Hatton 2 or another teary retirement press conference.....or he can go on the road as a prophet telling everyone what God wants laugh.gif

ppl like u, i wud LOVE to slap EXTREMELY hard.! Floyd is goin to fight 1 of these dudes. there isnt no one else out there but Cotto, Shane and PacMan(after Floyd beats himthey'll say he was too small).
Al Hata

I expect Floyd to take on the Pacman/Cotto winner. Anything else is unacceptabe unless it's Mosley.
D-MARV
I wouldn't be surprised to see Don King throw Cory Spinks name at Mayweather.
Maxy
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 7 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I wouldn't be surprised to see Don King throw Cory Spinks name at Mayweather.

Yeah I was thinking Cory Spinks will be the name they come up with too...
singletrack
What about Berto? He could beat the living shit out of him...and he has a belt.

The comment about God is hilarious. At his core, Floyd is incredibly insecure.

I just hope Cotto wins and calls him out. Cotto isn't one to call people out or talk shit (well a little), but hopefully HBO will pose the question in the post fight interview.

I really think that Floyd believes Mosley is doping and does not want to fight him. I'd be very surprised if that fight ever happens.
Jack 1000
And keep in mind that this news is not coming from any Floyd Mayweather haters, but from Floyd's plans himself.

Jack
JLUVBABY
its funny yall bring up corey spinks cuzz i was thinking his name might come up as well...
Nay_Sayer
Yeah, if Floyd doesn't fight the Cotto-Paq winner or Shane in his next fight then I'm gonna have to join the Floyd Haters' band-wagon.

Seems like he's taking a chapter out of de la Hoya's book...
D-MARV
It would be real disappointing if Floyd did not fight Mosley or Pacquiao/Cotto winner.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2009, 05:51 PM) *
If Mayweather doesn't fight a guy that fans want any time soon, I have no idea on what grounds his fans will even be able to defend him on.

Are you kidding me? There is no reasoning with any of his superfans. Floyd could fight...
JD
You are all a bunch of haters.

P4P #1.
PR316
If Mayweather didn't come back to fight the best, then I don't see how he could claim that he's regained his p4p throne.

Aside from the likes of Mosley, Pacquiao and Cotto, there aren't any guys 154 pounds or below who can net him the huge pay days that he craves.

I still believe he's waiting on the Pacquiao-Cotto winner despite what he says. Thats the biggest money maker for him and he knows in his heart of hearts that thats the fight he's looking to take.
singletrack
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 7 2009, 07:49 PM) *
You are all a bunch of haters.

P4P #1.

hahahahahahahaha
singletrack
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 7 2009, 07:58 PM) *
If Mayweather didn't come back to fight the best, then I don't see how he could claim that he's regained his p4p throne.

Aside from the likes of Mosley, Pacquiao and Cotto, there aren't any guys 154 pounds or below who can net him the huge pay days that he craves.

I still believe he's waiting on the Pacquiao-Cotto winner despite what he says. Thats the biggest money maker for him and he knows in his heart of hearts that thats the fight he's looking to take.

He came back to pay the IRS. He's so full of shit saying that he didn't have any issues with the IRS and all his shit is paid for, blah blah. That's why he cut the IRS a check right after the fight right? Yah he came back to save the sport alright...

Honestly, I think his legacy, and the sport to some extent, are in the hands of the media. They need to relentlessly put him on the spot to make top fights. Seems like Kellerman was trying to do that when Mosley and Bhop showed up and screwed the whole thing up.

I think he's hoping that Pac wins because he knows he can totally dismantle him and get a huge payday in the process.

streetlion1
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 7 2009, 08:57 PM) *
He came back to pay the IRS. He's so full of shit saying that he didn't have any issues with the IRS and all his shit is paid for, blah blah. That's why he cut the IRS a check right after the fight right? Yah he came back to save the sport alright...

Honestly, I think his legacy, and the sport to some extent, are in the hands of the media. They need to relentlessly put him on the spot to make top fights. Seems like Kellerman was trying to do that when Mosley and Bhop showed up and screwed the whole thing up.

I think he's hoping that Pac wins because he knows he can totally dismantle him and get a huge payday in the process.

Pac is gonna lose and watch....Floyd will still fight him....cause he wants nothing to do with a Cotto or Mosley.

Well....at least we'll get to see Cotto-Mosley 2. I think your right though. The media needs to try to pressure him into fighting a real challenge! Max Kellerman tried to do it....and Brian Kenny always does it. Part of the problem is the sports writers in general dont seem to be real boxing fans...like take Skip Bayless for example....he is on ESPN First Take and is talking about what a brilliant performance it was by Floyd and how bad he wants to see him fight Pacman. Now I can see the appeal because of the fire-power that Manny brings is what the fans love...BUT...anyone who knows boxing should know that the fight wouldnt be close. Floyd would destroy Manny and that is just the fight he is hoping for.

Gayweather needs to fight Cotto or Mosley...any other fight isnt acceptable to me.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 8 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Pac is gonna lose and watch....Floyd will still fight him....cause he wants nothing to do with a Cotto or Mosley.

Well....at least we'll get to see Cotto-Mosley 2. I think your right though. The media needs to try to pressure him into fighting a real challenge! Max Kellerman tried to do it....and Brian Kenny always does it. Part of the problem is the sports writers in general dont seem to be real boxing fans...like take Skip Bayless for example....he is on ESPN First Take and is talking about what a brilliant performance it was by Floyd and how bad he wants to see him fight Pacman. Now I can see the appeal because of the fire-power that Manny brings is what the fans love...BUT...anyone who knows boxing should know that the fight wouldnt be close. Floyd would destroy Manny and that is just the fight he is hoping for.

Gayweather needs to fight Cotto or Mosley...any other fight isnt acceptable to me.

I would think a fight with Berto and Clottey would be fine by me too. So Mosley,Berto,Cotto,Clottey would all be worthy opponents IMO. But I am pretty damn sure too he wants Pac if he beats Cotto.
PR316
What Mayweather is doing I think is playing a game of poker.

I think first and foremost he's looking to get a fight with the Pacquiao-Cotto winner.

If that doesn't work, he'll continue to play cat and mouse with Mosley until Shane is either inactive for over a year or shows signs of vulnerability in a fight before signing on to fight him.

I seriously doubt he'll face the likes of Clottey or Williams. High risk low reward.
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2009, 06:24 PM) *
Well if he won't fight the Pac-Cotto winner or Shane Mosley is he eyeing up a fight with the Pavlik-Williams winner?

Nope.

He's turned into a joke for me now since moving up in weight. Blessed with all the natural talent in the world but God forgot to give the twat a pair of balls.

LOL

+1

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 9 2009, 12:00 AM) *
I think Pacquiao is still a decent fight, but it's still a small guy. I want to see him fight a Mosley, Cotto, Berto or Clottey. But mainly Mosley and Cotto is my second choice, as he hasn't looked as good since Margarito got to him.

In the last 5 years Mayweather has stepped in the ring against world beaters which range from the likes of Corley, Bruseles, Mitchell, Baldomir & most recently Marquez. The LEAST he could do is to make up for 5 years of SHIT by AT LEAST fighting fighters like Clottey, Berto, Collazo, Contron & IF...IF he really wanted to make up for the rubbish THEN he could fight a Cotto or a Mosley! In my books even if/or when he decides to step it up..he STILL has alot of work cut out for him, if he wants to be considered the best WW as his act is getting old.

My bet is if Money don't fight, the winner of Cotto-Pac or Mosley next he will go for Berto just to claim a belt for bragging rights & leverage if he ever decides to step inthe ring with either fighters.
gbh32001
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Oct 9 2009, 04:13 PM) *
LOL

+1

In the last 5 years Mayweather has stepped in the ring against world beaters which range from the likes of Corley, Bruseles, Mitchell, Baldomir & most recently Marquez. The LEAST he could do is to make up for 5 years of SHIT by AT LEAST fighting fighters like Clottey, Berto, Collazo, Contron & IF...IF he really wanted to make up for the rubbish THEN he could fight a Cotto or a Mosley! In my books even if/or when he decides to step it up..he STILL has alot of work cut out for him, if he wants to be considered the best WW as his act is getting old.

My bet is if Money don't fight, the winner of Cotto-Pac or Mosley next he will go for Berto just to claim a belt for bragging rights & leverage if he ever decides to step inthe ring with either fighters.
Berto maybe his hiding shell. But I really doubt that.Berto may pose more problem than Pac.The easiest money for Money now is Pac.Money has the mental advantage going against manny bec he handle Marquez with ease thesame thing how Manny handle Oscar and Hatton. Floys is the most cunning boxer that I ever know and that he won't step up against anybody who can defeat him. I hope he is in for a big trouble against Pac, coz this Pacman has 10000000000000000..........X heart over Floyd.
maelstrom
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 7 2009, 08:57 PM) *

How do you know he came back to pay the IRS woman??

Go pluck your eyebrows boriqueen sissy.
singletrack
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 9 2009, 09:05 AM) *
How do you know he came back to pay the IRS woman??

Go pluck your eyebrows boriqueen sissy.

Public records.

Internet tough guy.

MarzB
I guess since I'm the "FLOYD Hugger" here (sighing) let me offer a different perspective. I frankly don't like the way Mayweather is dealing with the tax issue when questioned. That said for this to be discussed and people to speculate sounds like some catty schit or things his "haters" can throw at him.

I know with the IRS (and anyone that has had dealings with them knows this) you can pay things multiple ways. Some people who are w-2 employees who may OWE opt rather than paying in a lump sum to use their next years refund to pay what they owe. This happens very often. I strongly suspect that Floyd didn't want to come out of pocket for this hence his payday of Marquez would be similar to the above scenario.

That said (and the people that can't stand Floyd will love this) Floyd once spoke about JCC fighting for free when he lost to Ricky Hatton but in essence the same could be said for Floyd against Marquez. There was 5+ million from his purse (which was apparently $10 million)that went to the IRS debt. Him being in the highest tax bracket nearly half of the $10 million is gone from that. So if there's any left over, it was from the pay per view upside and I'm certain thats tax'd heavily also.

Ok, tax issue aside because that doesn't have SCHIT to do with boxing frankly lets talk boxing.

-- -----------------------------------------------------
Floyd's been hitting the media rounds lately and frankly I tire in his interviews with the mainstream media. Grab a tape from two years ago, last year and you could EASILY reply it and it'll be the same..

"Hard work dedication", "My team, Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon" , "God gave me the strength", "40 have had a plan and 40 have failed", "Blood sweat and tears", "Manny and Shane have a boss, I don't have a boss" (yeah but you use Golden Boy to promote your fights and "Mayweather Promotions" isn't licensed as a promoter in the state of Nevada) it's the same schit. This is coming from someone that loves Floyd as the best skilled fighter in the game today hands down.

That said, he was on Scott Ferrell's show earlier in the week and while interview there didn't shed much light, it was much better than most. Ferrell's show is on Sirius radio and it's all uncensored.

There he did address some of the fighters people want to see him fight including "PAUL WILLIAMS". He basically said that (which I've argued time and time again here) people have to understand it's not just "making fights". "You fight a and b now". He used what I consider an excellent analogy in comparing NFL teams who have to play by a schedule but people want to see certain matchups but it doesn't happen that way.

Let me make this abundantly clear and most who post here KNOW I've said this since last year while he was retired. FLOYD SHOULD FIGHT MOSLEY NEXT PERIOD!!!!!! Are we clear?? Good. I think THEY (the faux Mayweather Promotions) know that they can't and aren't going to get anywhere near their current BUY RATE of 1,000,000+ if he doesn't fight one of the big names (hopefully it's Mosley) period.

With him doing those buys, he does command the lead in negotiations god forbid even if it's Pacquiao (utter sigh) so a fight won't be hard to make.

Right now, IMO all they're doing is seeing what the buzz is and not tipping their hand which is good business.

The only thing I see that could change Mosley fighting next would be if (god forbid) Pacquiao looked totally impressive against Cotto and or Cotto bludgeons Pacquiao as I believe he is. Then the lucrative matchup is Cotto vs. Floyd regardless of Arum's thoughts.

PS: In one of the interview Floyd had the audacity to say that Hopkins should fight Chad Dawson (his boy) instead of Roy Jones. I shook my head and said, "oh the irony Floyd. Way to provide more fuel for your detractors".
D-MARV
I'll say this much and leave it alone... As much as I defended Floyd over the past few years... If he doesn't fight a true welter or someone who can challenge him then I'll join the hate wagon. Mayweather-Mosley should be the most demanded fight in boxing right now.
JLUVBABY
i hate to say this as well but floyd needs to fight a true welter next... im not sure shane is a better fight than cotto tho... after cotto mops the floor with pac next month i think thats a better fight than mosely... floyd vs. cotto at msg peurto rican day or what ever its called would be a major attraction and stack the undercard with a few more high class welter fights... to me thats bigger than a floyd mosely fight... cotto is a bigger draw than mosely and has the better shot at winning.. actually i would have to pick cotto in that fight... i think floyd whips mosely... thats my opinion...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 9 2009, 12:14 PM) *
I'll say this much and leave it alone... As much as I defended Floyd over the past few years... If he doesn't fight a true welter or someone who can challenge him then I'll join the hate wagon. Mayweather-Mosley should be the most demanded fight in boxing right now.

I just do not get it. It really seems pretty simple too. We have the "P4P" king seemingly ducking every possible tough opponent, yet he gets defended by so many. I mean he should have to prove himself in the ring now, his act is getting old. You are 100% right, Mosley-Mayweather should be made right now! One wants it, and the other does not. I feel like we are going to get cheated out of a huge historic great fight. I would take this fight over anything right now by a long shot. Never been to Vegas, but already told wife no matter what I am going to this fight live.
Vodoo
Personally I think it's almost a fact that Floyd is going to fight Pacquiao next whether he beats Cotto or not. The reason is Arum is already talking about matching Cotto up with a Margarito rematch. Arum hates Floyd so he isn't going to do buisness with him especially when he doesn't have to. Sure Floyd-Cotto would do very well, but Arum knows Cotto-Margarito II would do just as good and probably better based on the die hard latino fan base.

So Arum would have two of his own fighters fighting on his own promotion, wouldn't have to deal with Floyd, and would get to put on another of his beloved latino fights. There's noway Cotto doesn't fight Margarito next based on all that. So Floyd will probably get his excuse to fight Pacquiao.

The worst thing that could happen is for Shane to lose to Berto than Floyd will never have to fight him.
anthonyaccurate
[quote name='MarzB' date='Oct 9 2009, 11:36 AM' post='454996']
I guess since I'm the "FLOYD Hugger" here (sighing) let me offer a different perspective. I frankly don't like the way Mayweather is dealing with the tax issue when questioned. That said for this to be discussed and people to speculate sounds like some catty schit or things his "haters" can throw at him.

I know with the IRS (and anyone that has had dealings with them knows this) you can pay things multiple ways. Some people who are w-2 employees who may OWE opt rather than paying in a lump sum to use their next years refund to pay what they owe. This happens very often. I strongly suspect that Floyd didn't want to come out of pocket for this hence his payday of Marquez would be similar to the above scenario.

That said (and the people that can't stand Floyd will love this) Floyd once spoke about JCC fighting for free when he lost to Ricky Hatton but in essence the same could be said for Floyd against Marquez. There was 5+ million from his purse (which was apparently $10 million)that went to the IRS debt. Him being in the highest tax bracket nearly half of the $10 million is gone from that. So if there's any left over, it was from the pay per view upside and I'm certain thats tax'd heavily also.

Ok, tax issue aside because that doesn't have SCHIT to do with boxing frankly lets talk boxing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With regards to Floyds tax issues, Floyd is most likely considered Self Employed, which means he has to pay ordinary and self employment taxes. Most individuals in his situation will make what are called "estimated tax payments" which are in lieu of withholdings, which an employee would have taken out of their paycheck by their employer. You have to make these payments quarterly.

The amount he owes to the iRs is probably due to the fact he hasn't been making estimated tax payments over a number of years and/or he may have only paid ordinary income tax and not the self employment tax on his earnings, thats why there's no "refund" to offset what he owes. It doesn't matter if you are an employee or self employed, the government will take or "offset" what you owe from ANY federal payments, including tax refunds, social security, state tax refunds, etc. Floyd is getting hit with interest and penalties every month until he pays the FULL BALANCE. They aren't waiting for a refund to get paid, you have to set up a payment plan or pay in full or else the IRS begins the process of levy and liens until the balance is paid, hence the rumored lien on some of his properties.

He needs to take care of this ASAP, take if from an IRS Examiner....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TRELG @ Oct 7 2009, 01:42 PM) *
ppl like u, i wud LOVE to slap EXTREMELY hard.! Floyd is goin to fight 1 of these dudes. there isnt no one else out there but Cotto, Shane and PacMan(after Floyd beats himthey'll say he was too small).

That's because he is too small. I don't want to see Gayweather/Pac. Pac is simply too tiny to stand a chance witha fully fledged prime 147 pounder.
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 11 2009, 05:45 AM) *
That's because he is too small. I don't want to see Gayweather/Pac. Pac is simply too tiny to stand a chance witha fully fledged prime 147 pounder.

Floyd loves to fight guys who don't stand a chance, remember?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Oct 11 2009, 02:15 AM) *
Floyd loves to fight guys who don't stand a chance, remember?

Whoops! Forgot that, must remember that for next time. Gee how silly of me to wish to see the last undisputed WW champion actually fight another 'true' WW. I must be insane!!
PR316
If negotiations with the Pacquiao-Cotto winner don't pan out, Mayweather won't have much of a choice but to fight Mosley if we look at it.

What other big name can he make big money with???... I don't see it. And if he's as in debt with the IRS as it believed, then he'll have to make a big fight because he won't make the type of pay days he craves by facing no names.
torvix2000
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 11 2009, 12:43 PM) *
If negotiations with the Pacquiao-Cotto winner don't pan out, Mayweather won't have much of a choice but to fight Mosley if we look at it.

What other big name can he make big money with???... I don't see it. And if he's as in debt with the IRS as it believed, then he'll have to make a big fight because he won't make the type of pay days he craves by facing no names.

Mayweather can simply thrash talk and people will pay to see even a glimpse of hope of him losing. Remember him and Marquez doing great and we already know who bought the fight. And they're not Floyd's fans.
caneman
If Floyd doesn't fight a WW, he can retire for all I care! HE HAS THE BIGGEST BALLS IN THE WORLD SAYING HE IS BETTER THAN SUGAR RAY ROBINSON!!! It's a freaking shame he will never show us that he is as good as he says he is! He needs to fight a REAL WW or fight Pacman @ 140 or just go away!
D-MARV
LOL... Floyd ain't fighting Pac @ 140. Forget Pac... Mosley-Mayweather needs to happen!
caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 11 2009, 12:16 PM) *
LOL... Floyd ain't fighting Pac @ 140. Forget Pac... Mosley-Mayweather needs to happen!

Pretty Boi ain't gonna fight anyone who has a chance to beat him @ any weight!
lovers321a
The Feast of Christmas
It is not easy to pin-point the origins of the Christmas feast, today the more important feast of the Christmas season in most western Christian churches. One can only say for certain that the birth of Jesus Christ was being celebrated in Rome by the year 336 A.D.; afterwards the feast was celebrated in other Christian churches throughout the world.
world of warcraft power leveling
Why it was celebrated on December 25th is another question. No date for the birth of Jesus can be found in the New Testament, which is concerned more with the question "Who is Jesus?" than the date of his birth. Early Christian speculation about his birth date was influenced by the symbolism of the changing seasons, then popular in religious thought, which paid careful attention to the equinoxes and solstices of the sun. Christian scholars speculated that Jesus was conceived at the spring equinox (March 25th) and therefore was born on December 25th, the date of the winter solstice.
replica watches,
In many of the Christian churches, March 25th is still the Feast of the Annunciation, when the Angel Gabriel announced to Mary that she was to be the mother of Jesus.

Possible impluse for the feast of Christmas may have came too from the establishment of the pagan feast of the "Unconquered Sun-God" by the Emperor Aurelian in 274 A.D. to be celebrated on December 25, the day of the winter solstice in Rome and throughout the empire. In response, Christians could celebrate the feast of the "Sun of righteousness" (Malachi 4,2), Jesus Christ, who called himself " the light of the world."
replica watches,

Father Christmas

It is said that in the year of 300 AD, there was a kind old man and his name was Saint Nicholas. He was always ready to help the poor and often gave presents to them.

Today, Father Christmas is an imaginary figure, but nearly all young children believe in him. They think he is a happy old man with a long white beard and a long red robe.
replica watches,
On the night of the twenty-fourth of December every year, Father Christmas from some cold northern land comes down the chimney of the fireplace to put presents by the beds of children or to fill their stockings. So when children go to bed that night, they hang up their stockings, and on Christmas morning they wake to find them full of presents. Of course, it's really their parents who fill the stockings.
replica watches,
Another name for Father Christmas is Santa Claus.

For today's Christian, the origin of Christmas is, and should be, the birth of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Bible. Nothing more and nothing less. However, most of what we witness on December 25th each year has absolutely nothing to do with that blessed day, which probably occurred in late summer or early fall about 2,000 years ago. In fact, most of the customs and traditions of Christmas actually pre-date the birth of Jesus, and many of them are downright deceptive in their meaning and origin. Anyway, who cares when Christ was born?
replica watches,
Christmas Day,the 25th of December,is the biggest festival(节日)celebrated in the Christian countries of the world.Although everyone enjoys Christmas Day,it is particularly enjoyed by children,who get very excited because of the presents they know they are going to receive.Small children believe that their presents are brought by Father Christmas(圣诞老人).Father Christmas is a kind of old man who,the children are told,lives at the North Pole.He travels through the sky on a sleigh(雪撬) which is pulled by reindeers(驯鹿) and loaded with(装满) presents.Stopping on the roof of houses,he enters by climbing the chimney(烟囱).When small children go to bed on Christmas Eve,they hang a stocking at the end of their beds.Their parents warn them not to try to look at Father Christmas,or he will not leave them anything.When they wake,they find their stockings filled with presents.Children are very excited on Christmas morning and always wake up early.
Christmas is also a family celebration.As any members of the family as possible gather to eat,play party games and watch the special Christmas programmes on TV.

Christmas
lovers321a
Sometimes I have thought it would be an excellent rule to live each day as if we should die tomorrow. Such an attitude would emphasize sharply the values of life. We should live each day with a gentleness, a vigor, and a keenness of appreciation which are often lost when time stretches before us in the constant panorama of more days and months and years to come. There are those, of course, who would adopt the Epicurean motto of "Eat, drink, and be merry," but most people would be chastened by the certainty of impending death.
World of Warcraft power leveling,
  In stories the doomed hero is usually saved at the last minute by some stroke of fortune, but almost always his sense of values is changed. he becomes more appreciative of the meaning of life and its permanent spiritual values. It hasoften been noted that those who live, or have lived, in the shadow of death bring a mellow sweetness to everything they do.
replica rolex,
  Most of us, however, take life for granted. We know that one day we must die, but usually we picture that day as far in the future. When we are in buoyant health, death is all but unimaginable. We seldom think of it. The days stretch out in an endless vista. So we go about our petty tasks, hardly aware of our listless attitude toward life.
replica rolex,
  The same lethargy, I am afraid, characterizes the use of all our faculties and senses. Only the deaf appreciate hearing, only the blind realize the manifold blessings that lie in sight. Particularly does this observation apply to those who have lost sight and hearing in adult life. But those who have never suffered impairment of sight or hearing seldom make the fullest use of these blessed faculties. Their eyes and ears take in all sights and sounds hazily, without concentration and with little appreciation. It is the same old story of not being grateful for what we have until we lose it, of not being conscious of health until we are ill.
replica rolex,
  I have often thought it would be a blessing if each human being were stricken blind and deaf for a few days at some time during his early adult life. Darkness would make him more appreciative of sight; silence would tech him the joys of sound.

Now and them I have tested my seeing friends to discover what they see. Recently I was visited by a very good friends who had just returned from a long walk in the woods, and I asked her what she had observedů"Nothing in particular, "she replied. I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such reposes, for long ago I became convinced that the seeing see little.
replica rolex,
  How was it possible, I asked myself, to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing worthy of note? I who cannot see find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I feel the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver birch, or the rough, shaggy bark of a pine. In the spring I touch the branches of trees hopefully in search of a bud the first sign of awakening Nature after her winter's sleep. I feel the delightful, velvety texture of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle of Nature is revealed to me. Occasionally, if I am very fortunate, I place my hand gently on a small tree and feel the happy quiver of a bird in full song. I am delighted to have the cool waters of a brook rush thought my open finger. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. To me the page ant of seasons is a thrilling and unending drama, the action of which streams through my finger tips.
World of Warcraft power leveling,
  At times my heart cries out with longing to see all these things. If I can get so much pleasure from mere touch, how much more beauty must be revealed by sight. Yet, those who have eyes apparently see little. the panorama of color and action which fills the world is taken for granted. It is human, perhaps, to appreciate little that which we have and to long for that which we have not, but it is a great pity that in the world of light the gift of sight is used only as a mere conveniences rather than as a means of adding fullness to life.

If I were the president of a university I should establish a compulsory course in "How to Use Your Eyes". The professor would try to show his pupils how they could add joy to their lives by really seeing what passes unnoticed before them. He would try to awake their dormant and sluggish faculties.

Perhaps I can best illustrate by imagining what I should most like to see if I were given the use of my eyes, say, for just three days. And while I am imagining, suppose you, too, set your mind to work on the problem of how you would use your own eyes if you had only three more days to see. If with the on-coming darkness of the third night you knew that the sun would never rise for you again, how would you spend those three precious intervening days? What would you most want to let your gaze rest upon?

I, naturally, should want most to see the things which have become dear to me through my years of darkness. You, too, would want to let your eyes rest on the things that have become dear to you so that you could take the memory of them with you into the night that loomed before you.
Three Days to See
Spyder
Damn it George!
D-MARV
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Oct 11 2009, 09:38 AM) *
Mayweather can simply thrash talk and people will pay to see even a glimpse of hope of him losing. Remember him and Marquez doing great and we already know who bought the fight. And they're not Floyd's fans.

Are you saying 1 million people tuned in to watch Marquez?
torvix2000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 12 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Are you saying 1 million people tuned in to watch Marquez?

Ain't you reading?
jlupi
I guess mayweather-spinks
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (jlupi @ Oct 12 2009, 12:35 PM) *
I guess mayweather-spinks

Would not surprise me,Spinks can't crack an egg. Spinks really struggled his last time out with a raw fighter. Mayweather-Spinks would easily be candidate for most boring fight of the year. Please do not make this fight. All seriousness, who would really be interested in seeing this fight live?
jlupi
The spinks fight would be for the
ibf Jr Middle belt so floyd could say he conquered anouther division Its not a fight he would lose, spinks seems on the decline. And he has talked about the fight in the past. The more I think about it the more I would be suprised if he didnt take this fight. I could hear him now promoting the fight saying in his opinion spinks is really a middleweight champ and beat taylor who beat hops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.