Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs Berto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
I think Shane handles Berto and its a good idea. He should dispose of Berto and get him outta the way so theres one less easier opponent for Floyd to run to. I think Berto is a solid fighter with good quickness...and January just means Shane will be a few months older but to me there isnt anyone at welter who can beat Shane right now besides maybe Cotto....and thats a BIG maybe.

I think its a fight that should happen...but according to the article on the front page Shane isnt interested in a unification bout...he doesnt care about the WBC belt. I think it makes things bigger and further establishes him as the best welterweight in the world and #1 P4P.
thehype
I think Shane SHOULD be able to beat Berto, but it wouldn't surprise me if Berto is able to outwork him and win a decision.
singletrack
I think Shane destroys Berto. Lights out KO or landslide decision. We had a thread on this a month or two ago I thought...

leonthegee
shanes 38 and hasnt fought in a year. he can easily not show up and get his ass handed to him by a younger fighter looking to make a name for himself.
Maxy
If Shane's half on his game Berto is getting stopped.
thehype
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 7 2009, 02:54 PM) *
shanes 38 and hasnt fought in a year. he can easily not show up and get his ass handed to him by a younger fighter looking to make a name for himself.

That's kind of what worries me...not so much that he'll get his ass handed to him, but the fact that he may not be as motivated for the fight and Berto could potentially put rounds in the bank by playing keep away and landing pitty-pat shots....just basically doing enough to win rounds without really doing much fighting. It wouldn't be the first time that I saw an unmotivated Shane have a more difficult than expected time with a less superior opponent (Ricardo Mayorga comes to mind).
singletrack
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 7 2009, 02:54 PM) *

That is a good point in terms of the layoff. I don't personally think age is a factor with the way he looked against Margarita, but there is always that chance.

I just think Berto has some fatal flaws that Mosley, even if he is off his game, would exploit badly.
leonthegee
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 7 2009, 12:28 PM) *
That is a good point in terms of the layoff. I don't personally think age is a factor with the way he looked against Margarita, but there is always that chance.

I just think Berto has some fatal flaws that Mosley, even if he is off his game, would exploit badly.

shane pisses me off in fights sometimes. he doesnt do enough to win fights in my eyes. he should of beat cotto easily but he doesnt like getting hit so he runs away for half the fight until cotto started to slow down. i could totally see that happening in this fight but i could also see him walking right through berto too. hope it happens cause i really dont want to see shane v clottey.
JLUVBABY
in my opinion berto is dangerous for mosely for a few reasons.... those quick sharp punches that he throws.. if one of those land or if berto is landing them at a regular pace im interested to see how mosely handles them... berto may not be the hardest puncher at welter but he's punching pretty hard and he has good speed as well... plus he has young energy.. i know im in the minority but i think its a dangerous fight for mosely.... that jab of bertos is sharp... i just see it being a good fight.. im not saying im picking berto but i wouldnt be surprised to see him pull that fight off if its made...
provo
JLUV that's exactly what's going 2 happen! Berto will beat Shane,he's quicker throws slick punches and when they clinch he will let go that right uppercut all day! Shane doesn't have the best defense ! Cotto outboxed him ,Mayorga gave him problems. Just because Shane destroyed Margarito everyone is on shanes nuts. REMEMBER people right before that fight Margarito got Caught Cheating! Who in hell would be focused on a fight and just got caught cheating before ! LOOK cotto was Tagging the shit out of Margarito for 6 rounds and NOTHING! Mosley goes in and just beats the shit out of him LOL. Margarito wasn't focused! Nobody would be !
Berto will win this fight by SD!
The Original MrFactor
Berto is Jermaine Taylor light. Mosley is Bernard Hopkins with heavier hands P4P... I think Mosley will be able to knock Berto out in the late rounds of the fight...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 06:42 PM) *
JLUV that's exactly what's going 2 happen! Berto will beat Shane,he's quicker throws slick punches and when they clinch he will let go that right uppercut all day! Shane doesn't have the best defense ! Cotto outboxed him ,Mayorga gave him problems. Just because Shane destroyed Margarito everyone is on shanes nuts. REMEMBER people right before that fight Margarito got Caught Cheating! Who in hell would be focused on a fight and just got caught cheating before ! LOOK cotto was Tagging the shit out of Margarito for 6 rounds and NOTHING! Mosley goes in and just beats the shit out of him LOL. Margarito wasn't focused! Nobody would be !
Berto will win this fight by SD!

You did see Berto hurt by Collazo, and go life and death with him? What's gonna happen when Shane connects to Andre? Lightsout!!!

Dude...Shane was lighting up Margarito with way worse shots than Cotto was. You need to give Shane more credit. And you say about the excuses he(Tony) got caught cheating, BS. Shane was going threw his divorce and was with a new trainer. PBF fans love downplaying that win. So Shane was uninspiring in his win over Mayorga? Did you see the end result? A fn viscious KO.

Provo...seriously man, what has Floyd done so impressive to be on his nuts? Ummmmmmmmm....nothing!
provo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 7 2009, 04:31 PM) *
You did see Berto hurt by Collazo, and go life and death with him? What's gonna happen when Shane connects to Andre? Lightsout!!!

Dude...Shane was lighting up Margarito with way worse shots than Cotto was. You need to give Shane more credit. And you say about the excuses he(Tony) got caught cheating, BS. Shane was going threw his divorce and was with a new trainer. PBF fans love downplaying that win. So Shane was uninspiring in his win over Mayorga? Did you see the end result? A fn viscious KO.

Provo...seriously man, what has Floyd done so impressive to be on his nuts? Ummmmmmmmm....nothing!

Ummm did I bring up Floyd ? No! U did !
I said Berto will beat Shane!
I think if shane fights cotto again I think this time around shane will beat him ! And I think cotto would beat berto due to styles No one said anything about Floyd ,so u get off his nuts LOL ! Yeah he's my favorite fighter but no one brought him up ! U hate him so much but yet I bet your obessed with him , I bet u listen to everything he says ,watch all his fights
Right ? Maybe to watch him loose but u still tune in !
BERTO WILL BEAT SHANE! LOL
provo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 7 2009, 04:31 PM) *

What has he done ??? The man is the best complete Boxer in his era , hits without getting hit has a high percentage of punches lands has the best defense in the game! And has been a champion for most of his damn carrer. The only reason people hate him is cause he talks shit ! If he didn't you would be saying he's the best out there !
PR316
This is a risk for Mosley because this has a good chance of being an ugly, mauling affair thats hard to score. But its much easier than Clottey whom IMO would beat Mosley right now, and it more or less corners Mayweather into having to take a fight with him eventually.

Right now I say Mosley via ugly UD in a boring fight with lots of holding and little action in terms of actual punching.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Ummm did I bring up Floyd ? No! U did !
I said Berto will beat Shane!
I think if shane fights cotto again I think this time around shane will beat him ! And I think cotto would beat berto due to styles No one said anything about Floyd ,so u get off his nuts LOL ! Yeah he's my favorite fighter but no one brought him up ! U hate him so much but yet I bet your obessed with him , I bet u listen to everything he says ,watch all his fights
Right ? Maybe to watch him loose but u still tune in !
BERTO WILL BEAT SHANE! LOL

I know I brought up Floyd, because you said about "everyone on shanes nuts". Well atleast he beat the best welterweight easily. Why do you discredit that win so much??? Maybe because your boy ducked him and Shane did his dirty work? And YOU guys hate the fact that Floyd ain't the top dog anymore. You constantly rag on Shane cause your love for Floyd, that you are so biased to the point your posts are almost irrelevant.

AND FLOYD WILL NEVER LOSE CAUSE HE WILL DUCK EVERY REAL CHALLENGE!LOL. So I refuse to watch another one of his fights unless it is against a credible 147 pounder.

Many guys on this board hate him, cause they see right threw his BS. I just hate the fact he refuses to fight the best fighters in his own damn division. What the fuck is so hard to understand? This is supposed to be boxing's best, and...nevermind. It's like a broken record.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 07:57 PM) *
What has he done ??? The man is the best complete Boxer in his era , hits without getting hit has a high percentage of punches lands has the best defense in the game! And has been a champion for most of his damn carrer. The only reason people hate him is cause he talks shit ! If he didn't you would be saying he's the best out there !

Seriously dude... Are you kidding me??? James Toney is my favorite fighter, and he talks more shit than anyone on this earth. I liked Floyd alot when he was coming up, CAUSE he challenged himself against the elite and was awesome. But that all stopped at 140-147 for many years for whatever reasons. There are many big welterweight fights to be made, and with Floyd back in the mix, that just makes it that much better. He talks so much shit, but he does not back it up in the ring with the best opponents. I love boxing more than anything, and I just want to see the best possible fights being made at all weights, and Floyd right now seems to be fucking it up. All I want is Floyd to prove he is the best, not because he says and his huggers say he is the best cause what he did over 5 years ago.
singletrack
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 7 2009, 05:41 PM) *
in my opinion berto is dangerous for mosely for a few reasons.... those quick sharp punches that he throws.. if one of those land or if berto is landing them at a regular pace im interested to see how mosely handles them... berto may not be the hardest puncher at welter but he's punching pretty hard and he has good speed as well... plus he has young energy.. i know im in the minority but i think its a dangerous fight for mosely.... that jab of bertos is sharp... i just see it being a good fight.. im not saying im picking berto but i wouldnt be surprised to see him pull that fight off if its made...

Collazo handled his power without issue. Mosley took huge shots from Cotto to and was able to sustain. Berto has ZERO inside fighting skills. He didn't even look like he knew how to tie up Collazo on the inside. He also got rocked by Luis, who is not a big puncher. In addition, he punched himself out a few times during the Collazo fight. Mosley will KO him easily if he gets tired. Edge goes HEAVILY to Mosley's new corner who will give him accurate and strategic advice. What will Berto get in the biggest fight of his career?

I just don't see this fight being competitive unless Mosley were to get old overnight, or come in with no motivation.
singletrack
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 7 2009, 08:02 PM) *
This is a risk for Mosley because this has a good chance of being an ugly, mauling affair thats hard to score. But its much easier than Clottey whom IMO would beat Mosley right now, and it more or less corners Mayweather into having to take a fight with him eventually.

Right now I say Mosley via ugly UD in a boring fight with lots of holding and little action in terms of actual punching.

I don't see where you get the ugly holding thing. In the Collazo fight it looked like Berto was LOST on the inside and Collazo was able to hit him at will for a lot of the early-mid rounds. A couple of times his corner told him to tie him up on the inside and he seemed totally incapable. What am I missing? Serious question; not trying to be a dick.
singletrack
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 06:42 PM) *
LOOK cotto was Tagging the shit out of Margarito for 6 rounds and NOTHING! Mosley goes in and just beats the shit out of him LOL.

Maybe that's why Floyd keeps mentioning steroids with Mosley's name and "wishing him the best" in his career rather than trying to make a fight. Maybe it was the cheating that threw off Margarita. Maybe having a new trainer was a huge factor for Mosley. Maybe Shane is juicing again. Maybe nice-guy Shane was pissed that his personal life was fucked and he wanted to beat the shit out of somebody.

...hard to tell. All I know is that was one of the best performances, if not the best, of his career. I'm a broken record, but I think Shane beats everyone at Welter except Cotto and Floyd if properly motivated. And, with regard to those guys, he will give them huge problems or beat them. No one is going to fight PW at 147, but it should go without saying that he would be a problem for anyone at that weight.

Berto is totally raw still man. Go watch the Collazo fight again. Collazo is a B fighter, and Berto had huge problems with strategy, conditioning, and fundamentals in that fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 7 2009, 08:35 PM) *
Collazo handled his power without issue. Mosley took huge shots from Cotto to and was able to sustain. Berto has ZERO inside fighting skills. He didn't even look like he knew how to tie up Collazo on the inside. He also got rocked by Luis, who is not a big puncher. In addition, he punched himself out a few times during the Collazo fight. Mosley will KO him easily if he gets tired. Edge goes HEAVILY to Mosley's new corner who will give him accurate and strategic advice. What will Berto get in the biggest fight of his career?

I just don't see this fight being competitive unless Mosley were to get old overnight, or come in with no motivation.

you may be right singletrack and like i said its hard for me to choose against mosely but i can see several scenarios in which berto can win... i mean regardless of what one fighter was able to do to a fighter doesnt mean another will be able to do the same... styles make fights and yes mosely is good but but berto is not a dog either... bertos gonna be bringing it.. yes berto has been hurt but shane has been hurt in fights as well... they can both be knocked down.... i hope the fight is made cuzz i think afterwards post fight rather win or lose berto will make a very good showing... if this fight is signed berto is in a no lose situation... if he loses but looks good in doing so well he is a young fighter too green for mosely... he wins and all of a sudden he's next in line for mayweather or the winner of pac/cotto... all the pressure is on mosely to perform... berto can go in and throw caution to the wind in this fight... this is not a walk in the park for mosely...
provo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 7 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Seriously dude... Are you kidding me??? James Toney is my favorite fighter, and he talks more shit than anyone on this earth. I liked Floyd alot when he was coming up, CAUSE he challenged himself against the elite and was awesome. But that all stopped at 140-147 for many years for whatever reasons. There are many big welterweight fights to be made, and with Floyd back in the mix, that just makes it that much better. He talks so much shit, but he does not back it up in the ring with the best opponents. I love boxing more than anything, and I just want to see the best possible fights being made at all weights, and Floyd right now seems to be fucking it up. All I want is Floyd to prove he is the best, not because he says and his huggers say he is the best cause what he did over 5 years ago.

Ok ok! I get what your saying ? I see your point and I agree he does need 2 fight the top welterweights I totally agree with you! I was upset last fight with JMM mayweather should have went for the kill I was disappointed !

And as far as Shane win against margarito yeah he looked good BUt seriously who in the Hell would be focused on fighting ? And just moments before get caught cheating ? It would be hard to focus on fighting im sure hella shit was going threw his mind. And that is why I don't like at shanes win against margarito , even though I did think shane would be beat him by decision! But I still don't think shane will beat berto...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 7 2009, 07:07 PM) *
I know I brought up Floyd, because you said about "everyone on shanes nuts". Well atleast he beat the best welterweight easily. Why do you discredit that win so much??? Maybe because your boy ducked him and Shane did his dirty work?

i have to ask you lightsout how can you consider margarito the best welter at the time?.. especially in hindsight of the wraps that we know where loaded?... i know i cant prove it but you have to know that wasnt the first time margarito used those wraps... its not like they where like ahh man we are getting ready to fight shane mosely we need an added advantage... shane was considered a shot fighter when they fought by most... and the fact is that how could margarito really concentrate on a fight after being busted for loaded gloves.. losing his mental edge there and knowing after the fight theres still gonna be reprocussions.. just saying, and not trying to take the victory away from shane cuzz he made it look good but to just up and say he's this beast after knowing the facts about the fighter he beat to be come this percieved beast is a little far fetched.... i would think most top rated fighters would have beaten margarito that night under the same circumstances...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 7 2009, 10:24 PM) *
i have to ask you lightsout how can you consider margarito the best welter at the time?.. especially in hindsight of the wraps that we know where loaded?... i know i cant prove it but you have to know that wasnt the first time margarito used those wraps... its not like they where like ahh man we are getting ready to fight shane mosely we need an added advantage... shane was considered a shot fighter when they fought by most... and the fact is that how could margarito really concentrate on a fight after being busted for loaded gloves.. losing his mental edge there and knowing after the fight theres still gonna be reprocussions.. just saying, and not trying to take the victory away from shane cuzz he made it look good but to just up and say he's this beast after knowing the facts about the fighter he beat to be come this percieved beast is a little far fetched.... i would think most top rated fighters would have beaten margarito that night under the same circumstances...

Just cause the way he beat Cotto who was undefeated. People love to discredit Tony after the Mosley fight, but everyone had him number 1 at 147 after the Cotto fight. As for the wraps, I really do not know(but I would lean towards yes), and if he did use them on Cotto, that win should be erased. But we have no actual evidence.

As far as you thinking alot of top fighters would have beating Margarito is your opinion, I just do not agree. I thought that was a very special Mosley that night who had a new trainer and was properly trained and fit with a game plan for once. Mosley was highly motivated and just looked that good and made Tony look that bad. The intensity and desire Shane showed was sick that night. That is why I wish Shane would have stayed busy to show us more in the ring. Sure the mental edge factor could have played a part too. Heck...maybe Tony himself was not as prepared for Mosley cause he overlooked him? I do not know, I do know boxers almost always have excuses for losing no matter what. Some times they are legit, but it gets old hearing excuses all the time.

I hear what you are saying about everything above, and I know you are not hating, you just broke it down explaining your views rationally.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Ok ok! I get what your saying ? I see your point and I agree he does need 2 fight the top welterweights I totally agree with you! I was upset last fight with JMM mayweather should have went for the kill I was disappointed !

And as far as Shane win against margarito yeah he looked good BUt seriously who in the Hell would be focused on fighting ? And just moments before get caught cheating ? It would be hard to focus on fighting im sure hella shit was going threw his mind. And that is why I don't like at shanes win against margarito , even though I did think shane would be beat him by decision! But I still don't think shane will beat berto...

That was your best post ever! LOL. Except the part about you saying "but I still don't think Shane will beat Berto", thats just utterly ridiculous. Just kidding. I think Shane will KO Berto, but Berto is fast as shit , young, and hungry. Berto definately was rocked by Luis last time out and I just do not know if he could take Shane's punch. I know I always rip on Floyd for you know what, but I am getting frustrated too with Shane being off so long too. It just sucks with all the politics to just make damn fights, and I KNOW there is alot of the behind the scenes BS that I know nothing about.
provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 7 2009, 07:24 PM) *

I TOTALLY AGREE! With all of what u said .and
Shane was shot before Margarito...
provo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2009, 06:59 PM) *
You can't tell the difference between a guy unloading and basically throwing haymakers to a guy punching on the back foot?

I will give you a little hint. You generate less power on the back foot. You also generate more power when you unload rather than just throw like you usually would. That's all the clues I'm going to give you though, you try work out the rest.

Um I do know that I do know how to throw punches been training off and on since I was 6 . My point was Mrgarito took some shots by cotto ,clean ass shots ,then when the plaster harden he fuked up cotto but he was focused on fighting! SHANE BEAT MARGARITO AND MOMENTS BEFORE GOT CAUGHT CHEATING "MARGARITO WAS IN NO STATE OF MIND TO FIGHT ... READ WHAT JLUV WROTE! LOL..
pcraw
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Don't waste your breathe Provo. It's ok for him to be on Shane's sack, but God forbid someone compliment Mayweather. The funny thing is that you didn't even have to bring up Mayweather. Just simply picked against Shane and out comes the Mayweather haters.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 7 2009, 09:58 PM) *
Just cause the way he beat Cotto who was undefeated. People love to discredit Tony after the Mosley fight, but everyone had him number 1 at 147 after the Cotto fight. As for the wraps, I really do not know(but I would lean towards yes), and if he did use them on Cotto, that win should be erased. But we have no actual evidence.

As far as you thinking alot of top fighters would have beating Margarito is your opinion, I just do not agree. I thought that was a very special Mosley that night who had a new trainer and was properly trained and fit with a game plan for once. Mosley was highly motivated and just looked that good and made Tony look that bad. The intensity and desire Shane showed was sick that night. That is why I wish Shane would have stayed busy to show us more in the ring. Sure the mental edge factor could have played a part too. Heck...maybe Tony himself was not as prepared for Mosley cause he overlooked him? I do not know, I do know boxers almost always have excuses for losing no matter what. Some times they are legit, but it gets old hearing excuses all the time.

I hear what you are saying about everything above, and I know you are not hating, you just broke it down explaining your views rationally.

i feel you... when i said a lot of top fighters would have beaten him i was referring to that night... im telling you margs head was not right after all that took place, not saying he would have won had all that mess not taken place, but i would like to think a more mentally prepared fighter would have showed up for battle that night had it not... well i dont think he was prepared after that.. just my opinion... it was not because he overlooked mosely... not taking the victory from shane but the facts in the case of that fight is still the facts... i see no way margarito could have entered that ring 100% mentally prepared after that... thats all im saying... but like i said the finished product was a thorough ass kicking by shane mosely and he made it look good...lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 10:34 PM) *
I TOTALLY AGREE! With all of what u said .and
Shane was shot before Margarito...

im not gonna say shane was shot provo but i know he was thought to be shot... my point is that i would have liked to have seen the fight minus the wrap situation to know for sure... but then again i wish tony never felt a need to rely on an edge so that takes away to me any type of validity of the man... to me his major wins minus the cintron fights have astorics on them... i say minus cintron cuzz he is just a damn cry baby when things dont go his way... id like to see marg fight him with cement gloves...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2009, 08:59 PM) *
You can't tell the difference between a guy unloading and basically throwing haymakers to a guy punching on the back foot?

I will give you a little hint. You generate less power on the back foot. You also generate more power when you unload rather than just throw like you usually would. That's all the clues I'm going to give you though, you try work out the rest.

Good shit Fitz..Quality post..

The way to generate the most power is to be completely balanced,turning your foot with your hips,and having everything come at the same time..If throwing the right hand,your back foot should be pointing directly at the target..Most fighters are rarely ever completely balanced these days..Benny Leonard has the best balance I've ever seen a boxer ever have..He also knew how to get ever lb. in his body into a punch which is also something most boxers don't know how to do..In some cases I'd rather get hit by a 250 lb. heavyweight than a 160 lb. middleweight who knows how to get their whole body in a shot..

Tony Zale was known to hit harder than most heavyweights..Also,Tony Zale had really small hands..It's only a myth that bigger hands generate more power..

Floyd Mayweather and Paulie Malignaggi may actually be able to put guys down and out with 1 shot if they knew how to get their weight into the punches and would stay balanced when punching..Paulie throws punches like an amateur and Floyd is either leaning on his back or front foot depending if he is in his offensive or defensive mode..

Jack Dempsey- "I could turn the weakest,skinnest kid into a big puncher"......It's all about technique!!!
JonnyBlaze
Berto/Mosley would be a really sweet fight to see..I like Berto but I feel like he needs to make some changes in somethings,like his defense to really be a true elite fighter..He his mad potential but I hope he doesn't start to rely on his abilities and not focus on his skills as much..If Berto makes these changes,I could see him winning the fight against an older Mosley..My first opinion to this fight is that Berto is in over his head and that Mosley has got this..If this fight happens,I got to pick Mosley but would be happy with whoever wins..
Lil-lightsout
laugh.gif
QUOTE (pcraw @ Oct 7 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Don't waste your breathe Provo. It's ok for him to be on Shane's sack, but God forbid someone compliment Mayweather. The funny thing is that you didn't even have to bring up Mayweather. Just simply picked against Shane and out comes the Mayweather haters.

laugh.gif Whatever...funny how he agree's with what I am saying in my next post. If Shane was pulling this shit too for years, I surely would rip him(a welterweight) to shreds too. Believe me, I am the one wasting my breathe to delusional Mayweather fans like yourself.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 7 2009, 10:18 PM) *

Here ya go Percy.
streetlion1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 8 2009, 12:05 AM) *
i feel you... when i said a lot of top fighters would have beaten him i was referring to that night... im telling you margs head was not right after all that took place, not saying he would have won had all that mess not taken place, but i would like to think a more mentally prepared fighter would have showed up for battle that night had it not... well i dont think he was prepared after that.. just my opinion... it was not because he overlooked mosely... not taking the victory from shane but the facts in the case of that fight is still the facts... i see no way margarito could have entered that ring 100% mentally prepared after that... thats all im saying... but like i said the finished product was a thorough ass kicking by shane mosely and he made it look good...lol...

The way Shane dominated him I dont think it wouldve made a difference what shape his head was in. Mosley beat him cuz he used great movement, got off first with his faster hands and then smothered Cheato when he tried to throw back. Thats why I think this is a different Shane with Naz....and I see it hard for anyone to beat him.

People are right about the Berto-Collazo fight...I couldve easily saw that fight going Luis's way. Berto was spent...got rocked a couple times..and it was just an ugly fight period for him. I re-watched it last night and think he pulled it out in the 12th. Berto is a good young fighter but Mosley is on a whole other level.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 8 2009, 09:15 AM) *
The way Shane dominated him I dont think it wouldve made a difference what shape his head was in. Mosley beat him cuz he used great movement, got off first with his faster hands and then smothered Cheato when he tried to throw back. Thats why I think this is a different Shane with Naz....and I see it hard for anyone to beat him.

People are right about the Berto-Collazo fight...I couldve easily saw that fight going Luis's way. Berto was spent...got rocked a couple times..and it was just an ugly fight period for him. I re-watched it last night and think he pulled it out in the 12th. Berto is a good young fighter but Mosley is on a whole other level.

you might be right but my point is that i cant say the wrap situation didnt mess with his head... i dont believe his was 100% in that fight... would mosely have beaten him without all the contraversy i would like to think so but i just dont think margs. head was in that fight 100%... just my opinion... i can agree on the berto collazo fight going the other way... i thought collazo beat him... but that doesnt mean berto doesnt have the style to get with shane mosely....
PR316
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 8 2009, 02:38 AM) *
I don't see where you get the ugly holding thing. In the Collazo fight it looked like Berto was LOST on the inside and Collazo was able to hit him at will for a lot of the early-mid rounds. A couple of times his corner told him to tie him up on the inside and he seemed totally incapable. What am I missing? Serious question; not trying to be a dick.

Berto doesn't have much of an idea on how to fight inside. Collazo showed it, and then we saw Berto against Urango doing all kinds of holding.

If Berto feels at all threatened by Mosley, I think he'll try to flurry and stink out a decision.
singletrack
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 8 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Berto doesn't have much of an idea on how to fight inside. Collazo showed it, and then we saw Berto against Urango doing all kinds of holding.

If Berto feels at all threatened by Mosley, I think he'll try to flurry and stink out a decision.

Ah - I gotcha. Yah, I only saw highlights of the Urango fight, so I wasn't aware of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.