Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Reasons why Shane would LOSE going against MONEY
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kingknockout
1. Too eager....all that jumping in shit......letting his hands fly like some martial artist, don't know when to stop punching.....brawler....i remember zab judah started off the same way..and by god's NO am i saying shane is just like judah, im not cus that would be disrespectful but dammit if you gon try to bomb on mayweather make sure you PRESERVE your STAMINA for later rounds. You trying to throw bombs and you'll get left wide open, you and your 38 year old chin.or however old he is.

like Jay said ...."Son ya too eager"

2. Brawling IS NOT GONNA WORK....you will not do this with mayweather, no matter how fast you are.........you can try to do that and look like a warrior if you want to, but see how quick....you get taken down, too old, and may is too quick. Defense is top of the line like your name on school paper.

3. Bad shot selection Poor decisions when it comes to shots will be costly for Mr. mosley, you CAN NOT afford to do this with a SHARPSHOOTER, SNIPER, MARKSMAN like money mayweather...lampley said it best with his old ass "mayweather's punches seem to be landing like LASERS" LOL my god i loved when he said that line. R.I.P gatti though, real warrior.

4. Being Careless, taking chances all that im just gonna go out swinging even when there's danger to look good for my fans, will get you in serious shit against a guy that hardly misses, every shot is critical in this fight EVERY SHOT mosley....you know how i would feel if someone told me some shit like that? id crap my pants.

Add on for the REAL UNBIASED boxing fans.

Interviewer: What was the key to beating Mr. Mosley Vernon?

the late great Vernon Forest= "It's the Jab, that's it, that's all it is, he don't like that"
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Oct 8 2009, 07:26 PM) *
1. Too eager....all that jumping in shit......letting his hands fly like some martial artist, don't know when to stop punching.....brawler....i remember zab judah started off the same way..and by god's NO am i saying shane is just like judah, im not cus that would be disrespectful but dammit if you gon try to bomb on mayweather make sure you PRESERVE your STAMINA for later rounds. You trying to throw bombs and you'll get left wide open, you and your 38 year old chin.or however old he is.

like Jay said ...."Son ya too eager"

2. Brawling IS NOT GONNA WORK....you will not do this with mayweather, no matter how fast you are.........you can try to do that and look like a warrior if you want to, but see how quick....you get taken down, too old, and may is too quick. Defense is top of the line like your name on school paper.

3. Bad shot selection Poor decisions when it comes to shots will be costly for Mr. mosley, you CAN NOT afford to do this with a SHARPSHOOTER, SNIPER, MARKSMAN like money mayweather...lampley said it best with his old ass "mayweather's punches seem to be landing like LASERS" LOL my god i loved when he said that line. R.I.P gatti though, real warrior.

4. Being Careless, taking chances all that im just gonna go out swinging even when there's danger to look good for my fans, will get you in serious shit against a guy that hardly misses, every shot is critical in this fight EVERY SHOT mosley....you know how i would feel if someone told me some shit like that? id crap my pants.

Add on for the REAL UNBIASED boxing fans.

Interviewer: What was the key to beating Mr. Mosley Vernon?

the late great Vernon Forest= "It's the Jab, that's it, that's all it is, he don't like that"

As much as I hate Mayweather Shane would get outboxed by Floyd.

In my opinion the best style to give Floyd problems is controlled agression like Castillo showed in the first fight that is why i always believed that a prime Chavez who could fight similar to Castillo but was 10X better at what he did would beat Floyd especially the 135lb version. You can forget about trying to box with him or counter him he'll toy with you all day long.
streetlion1
Floyd knows he would be in for a fight against Shane thats why he wont fight him. Gayweather can look super good against a Gatti (r.i.p.)...an ODLH....lil Ricky.... or a blown up featherweight like Marquez....Mosley is a different animal all together who has been in with way better fighters than Floyd has when you look at their resumes.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 8 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Floyd knows he would be in for a fight against Shane thats why he wont fight him. Gayweather can look super good against a Gatti (r.i.p.)...an ODLH....lil Ricky.... or a blown up featherweight like Marquez....Mosley is a different animal all together who has been in with way better fighters than Floyd has when you look at their resumes.

I really hope that would be the case but Mosley hates boxers Winky and Vernon outboxed him easly just imagine what a master boxer and defensive wizard in Mayweather would do.

It's all styles Mosley could look like a world beater against somone like Margarito who stands and bang but is slow yet get outboxed by Cotto although it was a close fight but Cotto still edged him.
kingknockout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 8 2009, 07:44 PM) *

In my opinion the best style to give Floyd problems is controlled agression like Castillo showed in the first fight that is why i always believed that a prime Chavez who could fight similar to Castillo but was 10X better at what he did would beat Floyd especially the 135lb version. You can forget about trying to box with him or counter him he'll toy with you all day long.

I SAID UNBIASED OPINIONS

*looks at floyds head on a rooster pic* SMFH
PR316
I think its a competitive fight if it happens, but at the end of the night especially at this point in their careers, PBF is just too good of a boxer for Mosley who can't fight with rhythm if the opponent gives him movement and the jab.

At their bests at lightweight????.... I may have to take Mosley there.

But its different now.
kingknockout
lol quoted the wrong person but he knows who im talkin too
leonthegee
shanes an easy win for floyd. floyd would make him look like gotti and then everybody would be saying floyd never fights a prime welterweight. floyds in a loose loose situation.
Douchebag
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 8 2009, 10:10 PM) *
shanes an easy win for floyd. floyd would make him look like gotti and then everybody would be saying floyd never fights a prime welterweight. floyds in a loose loose situation.

The CEO
Young Mayweather-Prime Mosley at 135?....I would have taken Mosley.

Today's Prime Mayweather-Today's Old Mosley at 147?....gimmie Mayweather with no worries.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 8 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Yep. So to prove everybody wrong, he will go fight some weak competition. That will show all of us.

weak competition? Everybody knows what Floyd is doing. Wake up dude. Marquez was a tuneup fight for Pacman.(if he beats Cotto) This was the plan ever sense Pacman destroyed your boy Oscar. Pacman vs Mayweather is the biggest fight that could be made in boxing. I want to see Mayweather vs Mosley just as bad as you do, but for different reasons. You want it because you think it will be a competitve fight with Mosley having a chance to win. I want to see it because it will shut people like you up. Mayweather beats Mosley easily by a decison. And after the fight, people like you will say Mosley was old. Pacman is to small. Cotto wasnt the same after his loss to Margarito. Berto is too young.Williams is to clumsy.bla bla bla.never ends.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 8 2009, 06:44 PM) *

I think Roberto Duran would be a better guy to bring up when talking about controlled aggression..I think he'd give Floyd fits..Benny Leonard would be able to outbox Floyd and probably put Floyd down..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 8 2009, 12:47 PM) *

hahaha....Chicken has Floyd's head,..or...Floyd has a chicken's body....I found out Mosley is just reaping what he sowed...Floyd is ducking Mosley simply because of revenge...Mosley ducked Floyd before...Sowing and Reaping is also a reality in boxing.
JaRaNDa
I really hate admitting it but I got Money in this one. I think he is too safe, too smart, and too quick in the feet/hands for Mosley & his countering will be enough to throw Mosley off his game.

Shanes best shot of beating Money is to apply steady pressure behind the jab ALL night & try to bang away as much as possible when they tie up. When he gets close enough bang away to his chest, arms, body, shoulders..THEN maybe the head here & there...just make it as rough as possible without getting stupid to get Money out of his comfort zone.

Fact of the matter is Mosley IS old and is no longer at his best, this fight is slightly late but is never too late as even an older Mosley being the man at WW would still make an interesting fight against a prime Mayweather. So age IS a factor in this fight as Mosley is no longer at his best and is 37 years of age & has taken his fair share of solid shots over his career. Not to mention who knows how long he will be on the shelf for by the next time he fights again as father time could be around the corner.

Mayweather is a safety 1st fighter when it comes to the opponents he chooses to fight lately & is a safety 1st fighter in the manner he fights inside the ring, which is his biggest weakness which also translates to one of his biggest strengths. Of course a guy will be hard to beat if he don't take chances & is hard to catch due to him being too quick with his running shoes & quick hands. Just like those quick, cocky cowards you could never quite catch in primary school.

Mayweather may not be a young 20 something year old but due to his commitment to stay in shape, lack of punishment in the ring the guy is still pretty young & fresh. The guy has miles left in the tank than Mosley & has never really shown signs of fatigue in the ring either.

Many go on about Mayweather being feather fisted or Mayweather having NO power which can be irrelevant when you have great timing & speed to go along with it. Kostya had some solid hands as he may have lacked quick fists he made up for with great timing & patience which added even more power to his already heavy hands. Money don't need power to hurt anybody, which I feel he is capable of hurting many fighters including Mosley with his speed, timing & countering.

If Sugar decides to get too careless against Mayweather or does not show intelligent pressure he may learn the hard way. Yes Mayweather does not take too many chances opening up in offense, but if he is forced to throw back due to him being pressured or backed against the ropes all it takes is for him to throw back a couple of quick counters like a cat to get your attention..just ask Oscar who has a great beard. That is where Mosley has to be careful & not rely on being bigger and more powerful as he is a great boxer himself with some decent speed.

Mosley's biggest downfall inside ring is he can at times be visibly frustrated & when he gets frustrated can tend to swing wildly & can be off balance which a fighter like Mayweather would thrive on. He also appears to have heavy legs at times & needs his feet planted to make the most of his punches which I don't think Money will allow him to do.

I believe Moneys game plan at this point in time is to make Mosley wait for as long as he possible can for disadvantages & is hoping to fight Pac next as it would be the easiest & most lucrative fight out of all the WW being mentioned. Fraud needs to grow a set & make this fight happen ASAP before the fight gets even more past its due by date.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 9 2009, 12:41 AM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=453236

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=438864

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=422407

Keep trying you fucking muppet. I have said countless times I would pick Mayweather over everybody (other than Williams, but he is a 160 now). So how would you be shutting someone like me up when I have the same opinion as you on the fight?
How dumb.

Muppet? why the name calling? Anyways, at least now I know you wont be talking after he beats some of theses guys. We will see.

ROLL DEEP
I don't post here a lot but am always reading the threads and Fitz, you're always spot on.

One of the best posters, imo.
singletrack
This fight will never happen. My prediction would be Floyd by UD or split decision. 116-112, 115-113...something like that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 8 2009, 10:10 PM) *

If Shane is an easy win for Floyd, why is he not fighting him then? Nice insightful detailed analysis. Man you are good.

He would make him look like Gotti? Riiiight. Yeah, it would be a carbon coby. rolleyes_anim.gif

We would be happy for ATLEAST a welterweight opponent. And Mosley may not be at his peak/prime anymore, but he is argueably the most dangerous welterweight opponent for Floyd right now. Simple minded people like you do not look at things rationally.

loose loose situation? laugh.gif Soooo...who is he to fight? Another lightweight? I guess no one is on Floyd's level to you?

These posts get more and more pathetic.
rusty_trombone
here's a reason why shane would lose, he's old and just not as good as mayweather anymore. mayweather is the superior boxer, i think that's a good reason.
Lil-lightsout
Hopkins is almost in his mid 40's, and did not look it his last time out. Mosley may be 38, he sure did not fight like a typical 38 yr old. It is fair for anyone to think he is not as good as Mayweather anymore, but I also have my reasons to think why Shane CAN beat Floyd.

He hits way harder than him and Floyd was buckled by a Hatton left hook. So you are going to tell me that Shane has no chance to land his hook and hurt Floyd?

Shane has fought the much tougher and bigger competition in recent years. When has Floyd been tested recently? How do we know how he will respond if things get tough?

Floyd does not have enough pop to keep Shane honest, he will walk right threw anything Floyd throws. That's where Vernon had an edge over Floyd, he had a great jab and great right hand power where Floyd does not. Plus Vernon was taller than Shane too, where Floyd is not.

Floyd is more into it for the money, where Shane is in it for his legacy at this point, Shane is the hungrier fighter.

Ricky Hatton a jr welterweight had no trouble bullying Floyd around the ring most of the fight, Shane is way stronger than Hatton.

All Floyd does anymore is pot-shot anymore, rarely does he throw combinations like when he was younger. I just do not see that being effective enough against Shane.

Brother Naz will have a gameplan for Shane to beat Floyd. His kids were amazing amateurs, his work with Hopkins, he knows his shit. People should not overlook what he brings to the table.

Shane is pretty damn fast yet, Floyd got great defense, but he is going to get hit way more than ever before.

I honestly see Mosley winning this fight, maybe even stopping him, laugh all you want. But who at 140-147 posed any threat to Floyd? No one. And if Floyd would beat Shane, then I would give him major props and give him all the credit in the world for beating Shane. I just want to see the fight now, and I guarantee anyone that there is no freaking way this will be easy. We are not talking about Baldy, Gatti, Marquez, etc. Mayweather will be in for a real fight.
PR316
While I don't think Mosley should be dismissed, lets not forget that he looked pretty washed up against Mayorga before beating the hell out of Margarito. Mayorga won rounds against Mosley and was competitive with him prior to getting KO'd. Sure Mosley didn't have Richardson aboard yet, but I just think that we cannot forget about STYLES...

I've always felt that if you stand in front of Mosley and try to punch with him like Margarito did, then you get hurt. But if you show him the jab and counter right hand like Forrest and Cotto did, then his rhythm is disrupted.

Mosley will always be a sentimental favorite because he's a true warrior and always gives his all but its difficult for me to envision how he'll beat Mayweather. This is coming from a guy who likes Mosley as a fighter and as a person after I met him back in 2006.
kingknockout
i said unbiased opinions and here comes someone in here that doesn't like mayweather AT ALL @lil lights out.

C'MON SON.....how can you determine what to do against a guy that has NEVER LOST? how the fuck? wheres the blueprint? he NEVER LOST....

floyd's defense alone will trap shane mosley
kingknockout
i dont know how many times that straight right will connect on mosley LMFAO...then a right to the body, as floyd always does, then he steps back and realigns himself.

floyd's slick straight shots to the body is going to get mosley.

shit if cotto can give you hell.....with a way lesser speed than money, what the fuck you think someone as FAST as mayweather is going to do to you?

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 9 2009, 06:50 PM) *
While I don't think Mosley should be dismissed, lets not forget that he looked pretty washed up against Mayorga before beating the hell out of Margarito. Mayorga won rounds against Mosley and was competitive with him prior to getting KO'd. Sure Mosley didn't have Richardson aboard yet, but I just think that we cannot forget about STYLES...

I've always felt that if you stand in front of Mosley and try to punch with him like Margarito did, then you get hurt. But if you show him the jab and counter right hand like Forrest and Cotto did, then his rhythm is disrupted.

Mosley will always be a sentimental favorite because he's a true warrior and always gives his all but its difficult for me to envision how he'll beat Mayweather. This is coming from a guy who likes Mosley as a fighter and as a person after I met him back in 2006.

I just think Cotto and Forrest had more pop and strength to keep Shane honest, where I just do not see Floyd being strong enough to deal with Shane. I just see Mosley walking him down and laying some nice body punches on Floyd to soften him up. Who has ever really been able to stay on Floyd's body(besides Castillo)? Shane is still very fast, he will get his punches in. I mean look what Zab did the first 4 rounds to Floyd before he faded, he was hitting Mayweather.

As far as Naz, I always wanted him(Shane) to ditch his Dad for good. His Dad was at best a cheerleader who offered no real advice and who knows what he had him doing in training camps. I just think he has taking Shane to a different level. We will see soon enough.

The Mayorga fight was definately a dissappointing performance. But not only with Jack in his corner, Mayorga hits very hard still and is very awkward in there, he can be a dangerous opponent sometimes. No real excuses, it definately was a subpar performance on Mosley's part.

Again, I have no problem with anyone thinking Floyd will beat Shane. I just have issues with people who act as if it's an easy fight for Floyd, and act as if Floyd does not need to fight a top welterweight to prove himself. Seriously, Floyd has fought no one of note in years to be tested, and it is not fair for anyone to act as if it is a foregone conclusion that he will not be tested by anyone at 147. You need to fight the fights to prove it.

Michael Nunn was P4P #1 when he fougth the very green Toney in his hometown as a showcase title defense. The undefeated seeminly Nunn was KO'd by the unknown Nunn.

Tyson was unbeatable to almost everyone. Someone forgot to tell that to buster Douglass.

Roy Jones was unbeatable(Not including the DQ) until Tarver iced him with one left hand.

Curry-Honeyghan, Chavez-Randall I, Holyfield-Tyson I, etc. All the favorites were already declared winners beforehand by everyone, but look what happened. That is why things NEED to be settled in the ring. There are tons more.

Anyway PR316, you give valid reasons why you think Floyd would win, and you could be right. But there is no certainty in this sport of how things will play out. Especially with a hungry, hard punching, fast, Jin free Mosley.
Lil-lightsout
KingKnockout- I am so sorry I am not a hugger like yourself on Floyd. This is the problem with posters like you, because I am taking the other guy, you do not want to hear it. I am stating valid reasons why I think Shane has a good shot against Floyd. You just do not want to hear it. You say you want unbiased opinions, but what you REALLY want is everyone to bowdown to him after beating a 140 and 135 pound fighter. That is a complete joke. I can pretty much guarantee you I have been around this sport way longer than you.

And if you ever watched all of Mayweathers fights like I have, he LOST to Castillo in there first fight. Ask anyone who is unbiased and they will tell you that. You think it is so impressive that he has that 0, but his comp at 140-147 has been weak. Seriously, I do not know why I even debate with some of you.

See, I know Floyd could possibly beat Shane. But I also think Shane has a good shot to win. It should be determined in the ring. Guys like you act as if Floyd is untouchable cause he has a Zero. Why don't you compare there welterweight opponents and you will see what a joke it is? Floyd took the easy route. Shane would easily have beaten every fighter Floyd beat. Why did Floyd back out of a fight with Winky years ago??? Cause he knew he would be fighting a bigger great fighter and he possibly could lose. So he ducked him too, after he called him out. Just like he is avoiding tough challenges now.
Keith
I think this fight is a 50/50 either way. At worst, someone could make an argument 55/45 for either guy. You can go through every hypothetical tit for tat. I think you have to ask yourself the following.....

Who has Floyd beaten that Shane wouldnt beat as bad or worse? My answer... nobody, Shane would ko Hatton, Marquez, Judah, Baldomir and he already beat DLH.

Could Floyd beat any of the guys who beat Shane? I think he'd beat Cotto but I think he loses the same to Forrest and Winky cause they're simply bigger guys with skill.... same reason Shane lost to them.

So in my view its an even fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.