Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Video on how he DID call out scary ass shane mosley
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kingknockout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8...layer_embedded#

LOL shane on some bullshit

" I dont know, my tooth is a lil loose, thinking i might have to go to a dentist so i dont know"

"So you cant think ahead to monday is what your saying?"

"nah i cant right now, but we'll see in the future"

laugh.gif
darroy
what i think is funny is that floyd is so quick to accept a challenge when the possibility of losing is slim, but if there is any doubt he seems to shy away from the opportunity. floyd is very gifted that's why it's frustrating to see him pick and choose his opponents in recent years. sometimes i feel like he's become a better businessman than fighter. if floyd is so confident about beating shane like you and the rest of his fans seem to be then floyd should just stop talking and make the damn fight!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 11 2009, 05:18 PM) *
What about the video that millions saw around the world where Mosley got into his face, challenged him and all Mayweather was able to do is struggle to stutter a complete sentence?

He didn't see it. His mind shuts down whenever it senses that Mayweather is about to look bad.
JLUVBABY
i personally think the fight is going to get made.. they wont have any other choice for the big money after next month except for cotto... either they fight each other or one of the two will face cotto.. i dont think pac wins next month...
D-MARV
Why is this a thread? Shane is certainly not afraid of Floyd.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Oct 11 2009, 04:32 PM) *

" I dont know, my tooth is a lil loose, thinking i might have to go to a dentist so i dont know"

laugh.gif

in my opinion both guys have come up with a reason not to fight the other just as both fighters at some point in time has called the other out... like it or not if there is a bigger money fight in the offering for either fighter it (their fight) just wont get made and i really dont believe either guy is "scared" of the other... its fun convo but they are both jocking for the biggest money fight possible... for mosely right now that fight would be mayweather.. for mayweather that fight is most def. pac... pac loses next month like i figure he will i think we will start to hear them looking towards each other... i could be wrong but its a feeling i have...
leonthegee
mosleys 38 and doesnt have the work ethic that floyd has. i cant see shane winning under any circumstance.
caneman
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 11 2009, 07:22 PM) *
mosleys 38 and doesnt have the work ethic that floyd has. i cant see shane winning under any circumstance.

This is for you bruh & jluv might get your leftovers! lolz!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 11 2009, 06:25 PM) *
That's what gets me. I could understand the logic perhaps if it was against a guy that had a history or had not been tested, but for fucks sake, if there is one fighter that isn't scared of everyone, it's Mosley.
The guy has basically made a career of taking dangerous fights that are high in risk and low reward, he has fought bigger guys and just about everyone and now all of a sudden he is scared of Mayweather?
The guy has fought DLH twice, Forrest twice, Wright twice, Vargas twice, Margarito, Collazo, Cotto and Mayorga and now he is scared of Mayweather? The guy has lost before, so he isn't afraid of losing, and he certainly isn't afraid of being hurt physically because compared to who he has faced, Mayweather poses no threat physically. It's utter bullshit.

i agree with this fitz...
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 11 2009, 07:25 PM) *
That's what gets me. I could understand the logic perhaps if it was against a guy that had a history or had not been tested, but for fucks sake, if there is one fighter that isn't scared of everyone, it's Mosley.
The guy has basically made a career of taking dangerous fights that are high in risk and low reward, he has fought bigger guys and just about everyone and now all of a sudden he is scared of Mayweather?
The guy has fought DLH twice, Forrest twice, Wright twice, Vargas twice, Margarito, Collazo, Cotto and Mayorga and now he is scared of Mayweather? The guy has lost before, so he isn't afraid of losing, and he certainly isn't afraid of being hurt physically because compared to who he has faced, Mayweather poses no threat physically. It's utter bullshit.

For real & then fought them again if he lost minus Cotto!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 11 2009, 07:22 PM) *

Shit then...you got to be right with insightful comments like that. Mosley might as well retire right now. Work ethic? And how did you come to this conclusion? He can't win under any circumstances? Well Floyd might as well fight Katsidas next then, that makes more sense.

It is funny how all of Floyd's huggers look for any excuse to NOT fight Mosley(or any other top welterweight for that matter). Rarely do I see one who is objective and rational with there statements.

What fight would make sense to you genius?
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 12 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Nicely put!

QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 12 2009, 12:40 AM) *
For real & then fought them again if he lost minus Cotto!

Exactly. The guy lost big time against Forrest who had him hurt, dropped & nearly stopped in the 2nd round as he was all over the place for the rest of the round & somehow managed to see the final bell. The guy didn't make any excuses, didn't get discouraged, no tune-ups but jumped straight in a rematch to PROVE himself against both Vernon & Winky.

Instead of Money fans going on about why he shouldn't fight Mosley or anyone else, give us reasons to who he SHOULD fight next which does not involve one fighter named Pac..unless you guys are suggesting Money has one fight left in him lol!
Snoop
Anyone who has followed Mosley's career should know that Shane ain't scared of anyone. Those comments were made to clear the path for Mayweather/DLH, not because he was scared.
lovers321a
BEIJING, July 31 (Xinhuanet) -- A leading technology website has suggested Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) should be disposed of in the technological garbage heap since it is "outdated". Mashable, a website that draws over 5 million readers every month, says that with the upcoming release of HTML 5 (Hyper Text Mark-up Language) many IE6 users may find themselves unable to use the web.
replica rolex,
HTML is the language of the web, and HTML 5 will provide greater functionality. But while old browsers may still work with websites written in HTML 5, they will not obtain the best experience or functionality. With more companies dropping support for IE6 many users may be left out in the cold.
replica rolex,
Digg, Facebook and YouTube are all about to end their support for IE 6 and are recommending that users switch to a browser that works.
replica rolex,
It is estimated that between 15 and 25 percent of Internet users browse the web with IE6, partly because it is the browser that came with the most used operating system Windows XP. But many individuals and companies have simply failed to upgrade. Digg, a social news website made for people to discover and share content from the Internet, suggests that more than 70 percent of those using IE6 were forced to do so by their company.
replica rolex,
"Any IT manager who forces his company to run IE 6 in 2009 is dangerously incompetent and should probably not be in charge of anything more complicated than buying biscuits," suggests Shane Richmond, who writes for the Daily Telegraph's technology column. But he concedes there may be reasons behind the decision to keep using IE6 despite its age. "Itís possible that theyíre doing this because their company uses an intranet, or some other custom-built web service, that was designed to work in IE 6 and is useless in any other browser," Richmond says.
replica rolex,
But now there are "far superior browsers like Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome, as well as Internet Explorer 8," Mashable's Ben Parr says, "IE6 was fine enough for use in 2001, but for web apps to evolve and grow into tools that run just as seamlessly as desktop apps, the browser that requires the most hacks, time, and energy to make things work must be set aside."

As more website drift away from providing support for IE6, so too might Internet users think about changing their browser, says Ben Parr. "The only way at this point that people will upgrade it if their favorite web tools donít work in IE6."

Internet Explorer 6 "is outdated and should die"
Byrd Man
everyone knows my thoughts on Mayweather, so I won't go into all THAT.

But I will say this. As an admirer of the athletic ability and just flat out scary boxing skills of Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather Jr., I'm constantly irrated and angered by the fact that they rarely challenged themselves. (Referring to Roy Jones Jr. before he got knocked out the 1st time).

These are two guys who theoretically could beat the shit out of anyone that stepped in front of them (within their weight classes) and yet they never pushed themselves. They were content to just line their pockets, and get some easy paydays. They often took fights against peopl that never really posed a serious challenge to them.

Therefore we were never able to fully appreciate their unGodly skills, because we've never really been able to see what they can do against top notch competition.

Mayweather's earlier fights, he did good with that, and Roy post Tarver KO has done a good job of challenging everyone, but that has more to do with him being near the end of his career and wanting to get money via the big fights.

But once Mayweather stepped into the Welter division there's plenty of fights that have not been made. whether you want to blame him for that, or circumstances, or promoters or whatever, the fact remains he hasn't stepped in with the best possible competition.

And I think we've all, as boxing fans, lost. Because we will NEVER know just how great these guys are/could be.

And THAT's what drives my frustration and anger towards Floyd. Well...that and his arrogant rude disrespectful attitude.

Never have I EVER questioned his abilities or his God given talents. I just wish that I could have seen him step in against the very best of his era.
KookedKrack
ALL of these new posters suck thumbsdown_anim.gif

Shane Mosley has consistently fought the bigger tougher fighters in his given divisions to call him scared of little Floyd shows that you are either dumb as a rock, a dickriding faggot or just started watching boxing last year........I'm going to go with all the above.
gbh32001
Floyd Jr believes that Shane is still on drugs and Floyd Sr believes Pacquiao on steroids. Cotto?, well after Pacquiao demolish him Floyd might eat Pacman leftovers. Floyd will never fight Shane and Cotto specially if Cotto will knock out Manny. If there is any boxer out there that has no balls, i think it's Floyd.
Vodoo

laugh.gif
Well to put a damper on your moment. Answering a reporters question on how he feels about a fight isn't exactly turning it down is it? Did Floyd ever make Shane an offer to fight him? No. So how could Shane have ducked him. Furthermore, the real reason Shane didn't want to fight Floyd then was because he just had 2 back to back fights with Vargas and said before that interview that he had no intentions on fighting anymore that year.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 12 2009, 05:56 AM) *
everyone knows my thoughts on Mayweather, so I won't go into all THAT.

But I will say this. As an admirer of the athletic ability and just flat out scary boxing skills of Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather Jr., I'm constantly irrated and angered by the fact that they rarely challenged themselves. (Referring to Roy Jones Jr. before he got knocked out the 1st time).

These are two guys who theoretically could beat the shit out of anyone that stepped in front of them (within their weight classes) and yet they never pushed themselves. They were content to just line their pockets, and get some easy paydays. They often took fights against peopl that never really posed a serious challenge to them.

Therefore we were never able to fully appreciate their unGodly skills, because we've never really been able to see what they can do against top notch competition.

Mayweather's earlier fights, he did good with that, and Roy post Tarver KO has done a good job of challenging everyone, but that has more to do with him being near the end of his career and wanting to get money via the big fights.

But once Mayweather stepped into the Welter division there's plenty of fights that have not been made. whether you want to blame him for that, or circumstances, or promoters or whatever, the fact remains he hasn't stepped in with the best possible competition.

And I think we've all, as boxing fans, lost. Because we will NEVER know just how great these guys are/could be.

And THAT's what drives my frustration and anger towards Floyd. Well...that and his arrogant rude disrespectful attitude.

Never have I EVER questioned his abilities or his God given talents. I just wish that I could have seen him step in against the very best of his era.

Good post mate, similar to what i was thinkin about this subject. I was thinking, the fighters that get remembered are the ones who have those great nights that get them remembered, the nights where they might be going against the odds, or where they just have to call on every reserve they have and pull out a result, or they have a rivalry with someone else and they are willing to get in with that person a scrap it out. For all the Floyd cumguzzlers on this board rant on about his undeniable skills, can any of them point out what im goin to be talkin about if i have grandchildren and they ask me about Floyd? As it stands, hes just a talented fighter who doesnt want to challenge himself and doesnt see why we have a problem with that. When Floyd actually retires it will just be a bunch of shoulda woulda coulda
streetlion1

laugh.gif

Not sure why this is so funny to me right now drag.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWE_Tv9a9A

Fuck Gayweather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhpObxNl_6Y
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 12 2009, 11:44 AM) *

Nice lil' Video.

S-s-stut-stuttering M-M-Mayweather.

'I'm not fighing Moseley as he's not a PPV attraction' Then the interviewer goes 'And Marquez is?!' laugh.gif

Mayweather - Moseley
Mayweather - Pac
Mayweather - Cotto

Please, Floyd, ONE of these f-f-f-fights have g-g-got to happen.
Nay_Sayer
ALL of this shit talking about Maywaether allegedly ducking Mosley needs to STOP.

It's on record that on @least TWO separate occasions Floyd called out Mosley.

For whatever reason, Mosley was too busy to accomodate Floyd.

Floyd takes two years off after fighting a 154 lb de la Hoya and an undefeated Hatton and you want to give him shit for taking what was essentially a tune-up fight?

The Floyd hating needs to stop. It makes you look like fucking idiots.

Let's see who Floyd fights in his next bout. If it isn't Pacquiao or Mosley then you Floyd haters will have some basis for your hate.

Until then, you all look like drooling retards...
streetlion1
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 13 2009, 01:00 PM) *
ALL of this shit talking about Maywaether allegedly ducking Mosley needs to STOP.

It's on record that on @least TWO separate occasions Floyd called out Mosley.

For whatever reason, Mosley was too busy to accomodate Floyd.

Floyd takes two years off after fighting a 154 lb de la Hoya and an undefeated Hatton and you want to give him shit for taking what was essentially a tune-up fight?

The Floyd hating needs to stop. It makes you look like fucking idiots.

Let's see who Floyd fights in his next bout. If it isn't Pacquiao or Mosley then you Floyd haters will have some basis for your hate.

Until then, you all look like drooling retards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FGgMfQcDgU

He deserves people to call him out because of his fight selection no doubt about it! Avoiding the top welters. He wants to be in the welterweight division...fight guys like Corley, Bruseles, Gatti (r.i.p.), Mitchell, Judah, Slowdamir, ODLH, defensless Hatton...where he says afterwards that he doesnt wanna call out any welters. Funny how he'll go fight an ODLH at 154 then say he doesnt wanna call out any welters after his next fight wtf.gif then he went and fought a blown up lightweight Marquez...walking around saying he is the P4P king yet doesnt have balls enough to prove it against a legitimate challenge.

He handles Pacman fairly easy IMO so I dont care about seeing that fight. Cotto or Mosley....or even Clottey. Shit he should fight all 3.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 13 2009, 01:44 PM) *
He deserves people to call him out because of his fight selection no doubt about it! Avoiding the top welters. He wants to be in the welterweight division...fight guys like Corley, Bruseles, Gatti (r.i.p.), Mitchell, Judah, Slowdamir, ODLH, defensless Hatton...where he says afterwards that he doesnt wanna call out any welters. Funny how he'll go fight an ODLH at 154 then say he doesnt wanna call out any welters after his next fight wtf.gif then he went and fought a blown up lightweight Marquez...walking around saying he is the P4P king yet doesnt have balls enough to prove it against a legitimate challenge.

He handles Pacman fairly easy IMO so I dont care about seeing that fight. Cotto or Mosley....or even Clottey. Shit he should fight all 3.

Firstly, He fought de la Hoya @ 154 lbs and did so on de la Hoya's terms. Neither Hatton, Cotto, nor Pacquiao would have been willing to do that in 2007. So, all of the talk about Mayweather not fighting welterweights needs to STOP. How many active 140-147lb fighters have won a title @ Jr Middle besides Mosley? None.

Secondly, Floyd was going to retire after the de la Hoya fight. So, if you're going to retire, what's the point in calling guys out?

Third, Floyd took two years off and came back to fight the #2 P4P guy in the world. Yes, Marquez is a lightweight, and yes, it was a tune-up - BUT - doesn't Floyd deserve a tune-up fight after a two year layoff? Didn't Ali have a tune-up or two before fighting Frazier after his three year layoff? I don't see a problem here...

Like I said, the hate makes the haters look like Drooling Retards....
Byrd Man
streetlion1
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 13 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Firstly, He fought de la Hoya @ 154 lbs and did so on de la Hoya's terms. Neither Hatton, Cotto, nor Pacquiao would have been willing to do that in 2007. So, all of the talk about Mayweather not fighting welterweights needs to STOP. How many active 140-147lb fighters have won a title @ Jr Middle besides Mosley? None.

Secondly, Floyd was going to retire after the de la Hoya fight. So, if you're going to retire, what's the point in calling guys out?

Third, Floyd took two years off and came back to fight the #2 P4P guy in the world. Yes, Marquez is a lightweight, and yes, it was a tune-up - BUT - doesn't Floyd deserve a tune-up fight after a two year layoff? Didn't Ali have a tune-up or two before fighting Frazier after his three year layoff? I don't see a problem here...

Like I said, the hate makes the haters look like Drooling Retards....

Yeah yeah...Floyd pulled that "I have nothing more to prove" retirement card a couple times to avoid fighting a real welter. I dont give him much credit for almost losing to an ODLH. Post DLH fight....He wants to retire when asked about Mosley...Cotto...Williams...or Cheato...until he sees a little defenseless Ricky Hatton on the horizon. He really showed that yellow streak on his back post Hatton when he said he didnt wanna fight any welters.

I dont have a problem with a tue-up after a layoff.....I have a problem with the tune-up being against a blown up feather-lightweight.

Gayweather fans willingness to overlook Floyds cowardice makes them look like Floyd dick riders.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 13 2009, 05:04 PM) *
Once again, in 1999 when FLoyd apparently called Mosley out, they were 2 divisions apart and Mosley was setting up a fight with DLH who was a much more marketable fight and a tougher fight at the time.

Granted.

However, Mosley went on to fight some very non-descript opposition after the de la Hoya fight. There's no reason why he couldn't have fought Floyd.

It took Mayweather 6 years from 1999 to fight in the same division Mosley was in, in 1999, lol.

Irrelevant.

The second time was bluff. Mosley said BEFORE he was 'challenged' that he was taking the rest of the year off to spend time with family as he had come off his second fight of the year, and then later that's when Mayweather challenged him. When Mosley said January or February, Mayweather said no and had to be that year and went on to fight Baldomir, haha.

I don't remember it happening that way.

Besides, why wasn't Shane showing the same sense of urgency then as he is now? Shane's ITCHING to fight Mayweather now. Why not back then?

It's also been documented that Mayweather challenged Hatton at 140, but Hatton turned him down saying he wasn't ready. Why was he able to accommodate Hatton after being turned down, but not Mosley? Could you answer me this? Thanks.

Perhaps Hatton was willing to actually make the fight [and a huge sum of money] instead of going on a vacation.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 14 2009, 09:17 AM) *
Yeah yeah...Floyd pulled that "I have nothing more to prove" retirement card a couple times to avoid fighting a real welter. I dont give him much credit for almost losing to an ODLH. Post DLH fight....He wants to retire when asked about Mosley...Cotto...Williams...or Cheato...until he sees a little defenseless Ricky Hatton on the horizon. He really showed that yellow streak on his back post Hatton when he said he didnt wanna fight any welters.

I dont have a problem with a tue-up after a layoff.....I have a problem with the tune-up being against a blown up feather-lightweight.

Gayweather fans willingness to overlook Floyds cowardice makes them look like Floyd dick riders.

Almost losing to DLH?

WTF fight were you watching? It wasn't even close. 8-4 Mayweather. Buy some soap and a washcloth to clean the shi'ite out of your eyes.

@ the end of the day, DLH was *the Champ* @ 154 lbs.

Now, name another active 140-147lb fighter who has won a title @ Jr Middle besides Mosley.

Name another active fighter who has won a title @ 130 and 154?

You CAN'T.

And didn't your hero Mosley recently get on his knees and beg to fight a guy who was a *Super Bantamweight* just three days ago?

When you're done cleaning the shi'ite out of your eyes, wipe the Golden Boy nut stains from around your mouth then clean up the retard drool off of the floor...

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 14 2009, 09:17 AM) *

i agree with your points that mayweather needs to fight a full fledged top of his game welter but wasnt mayweather at one point in time a 130lber?... just saying, im not backing his position he's good enough to fight the best at 147 and i agree but all of a sudden after that fight is made to look easy he never should have fought marquez all of a sudden.. in reality floyds wasnt that much bigger than marquez.. before the fight i read a lot on this foru how the 2 years might effect him.. just saying... it was what it was.. a tune up... my thing is lets see who he fights next... if he fights another smaller fighter then i agree but after almost 2 years off some talk like he should have gone straight to an elite fighter (tho he looked like he could have)... not even ali did that.. its just my opinion that the hate is a little excessive after one fight back... lets see whos next..... and another question.. why is oscar all of a sudden not really a good win for him at that point in time... at that tiime oscar was considered the best at 154... just saying... please explain... cuzz i didnt think he almost lost that fight... i gave oscar 3 rounds in that fight...
Maxy
Floyd's a great fighter but fuck his resume cos it's lame since his lightweight days. If he don't fight the best welters he has no business fighting again.
Keith
I will have to call you out on this absolute bullshit Nay Sayer.

Fitz wrote...

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 13 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Once again, in 1999 when FLoyd apparently called Mosley out, they were 2 divisions apart and Mosley was setting up a fight with DLH who was a much more marketable fight and a tougher fight at the time. It took Mayweather 6 years from 1999 to fight in the same division Mosley was in, in 1999, lol.

You replied...

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 14 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Mosley went on to fight some very non-descript opposition after the de la Hoya fight. There's no reason why he couldn't have fought Floyd.

Was Floyd going to come up to 147 to fight Mosley? Shane was the #1 pfp fighter and welterweight champ after the DLH fight. Are you suggesting that the welterweight champ should of gone back down 2 weight classes to fight Floyd? Thats a 100% bullshit statement on your part. I wouldnt exactly consider Vernon Forrest "non-descript opposition". He did fight him a year after DLH. A year in between tough fights is way above average for Floyd, so why is that wrong for Shane?

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 05:01 PM) *
I'm no rocket scientist, but I could have sworn that getting into Mayweather's face on TV in front of millions and millions watching around the world and challenging him would be classified as 'willing to actually make the fight [and a huge sum of money]'. Did you interpret that different to me? That's weird if you saw something other than that.

Where was this desire to fight Mayweather before September of 2007?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 14 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Was Floyd going to come up to 147 to fight Mosley? Shane was the #1 pfp fighter and welterweight champ after the DLH fight. Are you suggesting that the welterweight champ should of gone back down 2 weight classes to fight Floyd? Thats a 100% bullshit statement on your part. I wouldnt exactly consider Vernon Forrest "non-descript opposition". He did fight him a year after DLH. A year in between tough fights is way above average for Floyd, so why is that wrong for Shane?

Hmmmm....

According to Boxrec;

Mosley de la Hoya 06/17/2000
Mosley Diaz 11/04/2000
Mosley Taylor 03/10/2001
Mosley Stone 07/21/2001
Mosley Forrest 01/26/2002

So, like I said, after de la Hoya, Mosley went on to fight some very *non-descript* competition. No, I don't consider Vernon Forrest "non-descript" - BUT - Antonio Diaz, Shannon Taylor, and Adrian Stone ARE.

So, when Mosley was fighting the Diaz', Taylor's, and Stone's of the world, where was this zeal, that he all of a sudden has now, to fight Floyd Mayweather?

Riddle me that....
Keith
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 14 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Hmmmm....

According to Boxrec;

Mosley de la Hoya 06/17/2000
Mosley Diaz 11/04/2000
Mosley Taylor 03/10/2001
Mosley Stone 07/21/2001
Mosley Forrest 01/26/2002

So, like I said, after de la Hoya, Mosley went on to fight some very *non-descript* competition. No, I don't consider Vernon Forrest "non-descript" - BUT - Antonio Diaz, Shannon Taylor, and Adrian Stone ARE.

So, when Mosley was fighting the Diaz', Taylor's, and Stone's of the world, where was this zeal, that he all of a sudden has now, to fight Floyd Mayweather?

Riddle me that....

No riddle required. I'm not arguing whether Shane wanted to face PBF in 99-02, because he didnt want or need to. Shane was fighting at 147 and was either fighting the champ or was the champ at 147 for 6 fights over 2 years. The 147 champ does not call out or fight the 130-35 pound champ. Thats not how it works. Are you suggesting that it is?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 14 2009, 09:25 PM) *
No riddle required. I'm not arguing whether Shane wanted to face PBF in 99-02, because he didnt want or need to. Shane was fighting at 147 and was either fighting the champ or was the champ at 147 for 6 fights over 2 years. The 147 champ does not call out or fight the 130-35 pound champ. Thats not how it works. Are you suggesting that it is?

you can make the argument that that was exactly the case when duran moved up to beat leonard in the montreal fight (lightweight moves up to beat a welterweight)... there seems to be a double standard when fighters move up in weight shooting for the gold (that used to be the norm and excepted if you where considered a good legit fighter at your weight and reigning as a champ people that dont remember the original divisions are lost on the fact that jr. divisions kill the sport, there was never a problem with fighters moving up before they where created)... and fighters routinely moved up with success and there was only 8 weight divisons!!! and ther where no catchweights!!! wow what a diffrence from the panzy stuff takein place now... if the smaller fighter loses well the bigger fighter never should have fought him.. if the smaller fighter wins then he's great or has the potential for greatness... if marquez would have beaten mayweather or even made it good he would be being called great right now on this forum... marquez took the fight because he genuinely thought he could win... truth is rather its liked or not is that back when floyd was after the fight shane was already primed for greener pastures with hoya... cant fault him for that... now the table is turned and mayweather has bigger money fish, if that fish can get past cotto in pac.... it is what it is... it seems every topic on this site is a complaint bout the same thing and it is really getting old... fighters are going to do what makes them the most money.. as good as some would like to think mosely is one thing mayweather says that is very true is mosely is not a major draw.. he just isnt... i dont think it makes since hes a very good fighter but facts are facts... is it a good fight to be made for us the true fans?... hell yeah... will it maxamize dollars right now?... hell naw... it is what it is.. would i want to see the fight?.. hell yeah... but truth is it is what it is... will the fight happen?... maybe.. it has a lot to do with what happens with pac and cotto... lets say cotto beats the hell out of pac... is mosely still the fight to be made?... if you say yes why?... when cotto has beaten him already... just wondering...

i say all that to say one thing... hows bout putting more energy into topics that concentrate on fighters that are doing their thug izzle?... cuzz the fighters at the elite tier are gonna do what they gotta do for the money... again, it is what it is... if it wasnt mosely would have taken that belt from berto the night he fought urango since he's that easy a fight for him... would have gave him more bargaining rights...thats my opinion on this mayweather mosely mess... its getting old... at this point i really dont care if they fight or not... it will never be as good had they fought at lightweight like they should have... you can argue that mayweather is fighting lightweights or whatever but who is mosely fighting?... nobody, to say he is such a draw he has done nothin to capitalize on his margacheato victory but step into the ring and look like an idiot after mayweathers 2 years off and he's the champ... mosely is the champ begging a contender for for a fight if you wanna look at it like that ... mosely is cheating you too if you wanna look at it from that perspective... thats my take on that cuzz he has not fought a single live body since his last fight and that was jan. 2009... self inflicted wound in the making....
Mean Mister Mustard
Well Mosley wants to tango with Mayweather and he started on the right path by calling him out on HBO. Unfortunately after the Marquez fight it suddenly takes more than a "call out" to make a fight with Mayweather happen. That change is almost as convenient as when new posters spring up in the middle of Mayweather threads in order to defend him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 14 2009, 10:15 PM) *
Well Mosley wants to tango with Mayweather and he started on the right path by calling him out on HBO. Unfortunately after the Marquez fight it suddenly takes more than a "call out" to make a fight with Mayweather happen. That change is almost as convenient as when new posters spring up in the middle of Mayweather threads in order to defend him.

so what youre saying is mosely has waited almost a year and not fought a single soul just to fight mayweather in a fight that may or may not happen in the near future?... self inflicted wound my man... he could have fought berto months ago in a fight he's looking at making possiblly for january.... truth is mayweather looks at him as a secondary opponent at this point...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 14 2009, 09:25 PM) *
The 147 champ does not call out or fight the 130-35 pound champ. Thats not how it works. Are you suggesting that it is?

Well, isn't that EXACTLY what de la Hoya did? Isn't that EXACTLY what Leonard did?

I'm not saying de la Hoya called out Shane or that Leonard call out Duran - BUT - de la Hoya DID fight Shane and Leonard DID fight Duran.

Isn't Mosley better off for having gone up from lightweight to welterweight to fight the top dog there?

So, the idea that Shane couldn't have fought Floyd @ 147 or a catch weight is ridiculous.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 10:00 PM) *
In most cases, you don't call out a title holder and p4p fighter 2 divisions above from you and expect him to drop everything to fight you. You go move into his division and make it happen.

Leonard certainly had no problems dropping what he was doing to fight Duran.

Tarver certainly had no problems dropping what he was doing to fight Hopkins.

Ruiz certainly had no problems dropping what he was doing to fight Jones.

Need I go on?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 10:42 PM) *
How many fights had Duran had in the same division as Leonard? More than zero. How many fights had Mosley had at 147 before he fought DLH? More than zero. How many fights did Mayweather have in the same division as Mosley up until that point? Exactly zero.

How many fights did Hopkins have @ 175 before Tarver? One, and he LOST.

How many fights did Jones have @ HW before Ruiz? Zero.

Your point is irrelevant...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 10:48 PM) *
If you think he ducked Mayweather to fight those 'weaker' opposition, you are pretty clueless.

I never made that assertion.

LEARN HOW TO READ...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 10:37 PM) *
That's entirely different. You see, Duran had been fighting in the same division as Leonard for a while. Just by looking at boxrec, Duran had fought several fights at 147. Back then they would have been only 1 division apart, but that doesn't matter anyways because he was fighting in the same division as Leonard before they fought anyways.
Mayweather on the other hand is 2 divisions below, had never fought in the same division as Mosley and it took him 6 years after he apparently called him out to eventually fight in the same division as Mosley.

if boxing was what it should be right now, 8 divisions it would be the same thing as duran and leonard etc.. as for duran fighting in the divsion he fought a few tomato cans minus palamino before he fought leonard... and he fought a leonard that had been active not a leonard that had been off for 2 years... as for mayweather and mosely it wasnt for mayweather to follow mosely up for a fight... mayweather did the same as mosley and shot for the golden boy and the money and capitalized on his success... you are bringing up mosely but dont hide from the fact that mosely is screwing himself by simply not fighting.... dont get it twisted he is not above not stepping in the ring just to chase a fighter he seems to know he's not on the immediate radar for... and its not cuzz mayweather is scared of him i dont think... shane likes to say they could have made money together but they could have been done did that and the fight would be better than what it would be now... yeah shane wants to fight him, possibly thinks he can win but truth is mayweather taps his ass... he is a secondary opponent at this time for mayweather, meaning its a fight i think we see if all other money fights fail for mayweather... and i say that and feel that way as being impartial to both fighters... i actually like both of them... tell me this fitz... lets say cotto wins next month.. who should mayweather fight?.... shane or cotto on peurto rican day in msg on ppv?... which fight do you think makes more sense to you?... pac wins which fight makes more sense anywhere in the world?... mosly is a secondary opponent at this point...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Well that's great then, so what are you arguing? If you don't believe Mosley ducked Mayweather, then why are you arguing? Then you agree that the fight didn't make sense, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
You are pointing out that Mayweather isn't fighting Mosley because he called him out in 1999, if you don't think he ducked him, what point are you exactly trying to make?

The point I'm trying to make is, @ the end of the day, Boxing is first and foremost a business.

Shane didn't fight Floyd back in 99,00, 01 because he had bigger fish to fry [read properly: bigger money fights].

Floyd isn't fighting Shane in 2009/10 for the EXACT same reason...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 15 2009, 03:34 AM) *
I see exactly with what you are saying, and I agree to an extent. I have said in the past and say now, that I don't have a problem with Mayweather taking money fights. The problem I have is (and I'm not sure if you are one of these guys), is when his fans get all cranky when we say that Mayweather isn't doing anything too great right about now, he is taking easier fights that are out there, and Mayweather continues to say he is this and that. People must remember that fans rate fighters on what they do in the ring, not how much money goes into their bank accounts. So when someone says that they don't rate him at p4p #1 or they don't think he belongs in the same category as a Leonard or someone, they shouldn't get all shitty and call us haters. It's fine if he wants to fight for money, but Mayweather and his fans shouldn't get all shitty when people hold him back when taking a look at his career as a fighter and not a businessman. In some cases, you can't have it both ways. Mayweather has chosen money over legacy recently, which is fine, but his fans and him should accept that people will hold him back when rating him as a fighter.

You are also partly right about Mosley having bigger fish to fry back then. The difference is, the bigger fish Mosley had to fry were all opponents that possessed much more of a threat than the 'fish' Mayweather is trying to fry, and that can't be disputed if you are really being honest.

I agree.

IF Pacquaio gets by Cotto [and I just don't really see that happening now] then I will give Floyd a pass if he fights Manny in his next fight. That would be the biggest money fight in all of Boxing and Floyd would be stupid to let that opportunity slip.

That said, in the event of a Pacquiao loss, the ONLY fights I'm interested in seeing Floyd take are Cotto, Mosley, or the winner of Pavlik/Williams @ 157 lbs.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 15 2009, 04:34 AM) *
I see exactly with what you are saying, and I agree to an extent. I have said in the past and say now, that I don't have a problem with Mayweather taking money fights. The problem I have is (and I'm not sure if you are one of these guys), is when his fans get all cranky when we say that Mayweather isn't doing anything too great right about now, he is taking easier fights that are out there, and Mayweather continues to say he is this and that. People must remember that fans rate fighters on what they do in the ring, not how much money goes into their bank accounts. So when someone says that they don't rate him at p4p #1 or they don't think he belongs in the same category as a Leonard or someone, they shouldn't get all shitty and call us haters. It's fine if he wants to fight for money, but Mayweather and his fans shouldn't get all shitty when people hold him back when taking a look at his career as a fighter and not a businessman. In some cases, you can't have it both ways. Mayweather has chosen money over legacy recently, which is fine, but his fans and him should accept that people will hold him back when rating him as a fighter.

You are also partly right about Mosley having bigger fish to fry back then. The difference is, the bigger fish Mosley had to fry were all opponents that possessed much more of a threat than the 'fish' Mayweather is trying to fry, and that can't be disputed if you are really being honest.

Awesome post Fitz. Agree 100%.
Keith
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 15 2009, 01:23 PM) *
I agree.

IF Pacquaio gets by Cotto [and I just don't really see that happening now] then I will give Floyd a pass if he fights Manny in his next fight. That would be the biggest money fight in all of Boxing and Floyd would be stupid to let that opportunity slip.

That said, in the event of a Pacquiao loss, the ONLY fights I'm interested in seeing Floyd take are Cotto, Mosley, or the winner of Pavlik/Williams @ 157 lbs.

The winner of Pavlik/Williams at a catchweight of 157? You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

If we're just going to post ridiculous matchups then put Haye vs Mayweather on my wishlist.
JD
Y'all are haters. Mayweather - Alvarez is a great fight. Alvarez is the 12th best Mexican prospect between lightweight and welterweight.

P4P #1!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 15 2009, 05:13 PM) *
The winner of Pavlik/Williams at a catchweight of 157? You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

If we're just going to post ridiculous matchups then put Haye vs Mayweather on my wishlist.

What's so ridiculous about Floyd fighting the winner of Pavlik/Williams @ 157lbs?

IMO, if Floyd were to win the MW title he'd be a lock for top 10 ATG. Maybe even top 5.

We're talking legacy here...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 15 2009, 09:52 PM) *
Other than the fact he doesn't/didn't want to step in the ring with Margarito, Cotto, Mosley and Williams when he was at 147?

Don't forget that Mayweather challenged Wright, when Wright accepted the challenge, what happened next?

Yeah, well.

It was a thought....
King Eugene
I thought I was trippin when I read that man say Mayweather vs. the winner of Pavlik/Williams. That shit aint happening....too many disadvantages for Floyd in those fights. Sounds good though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.