Everyday Struggle
Sky is the Limit
Warning
Unbelievable
Machine Gun Funk
Spyder
Are you mellowing out on the Nas love? lol
BigG
^ Never....Nas #1 in ANY GENRE....fuck Elvis..fuck Metallica...Nas forever.
Spyder
What about Johnny Cash or The Beatles? Frank Sinatra?

Old Blue Eyes would have Nas beaten with a ball-peen hammer, and then seduce his women.
Spyder
Who's the GOAT OZ musician?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 12 2009, 04:24 AM) *
Old Blue Eyes would have Nas beaten with a ball-peen hammer, and then seduce his women.

& how.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 12 2009, 04:40 AM) *
Who's the GOAT OZ musician?

Tough call really. AC/DC are probably top but there have been other notables like Cold Chisel & Midnight Oil.
Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 12 2009, 03:18 AM) *

You must not have a wide variety of music genres then BigG.
JonnyBlaze
BIG or Nas #1??Hell naw..Big L tops both of em..BIG more than Nas though..Nas is top 5..

Big L---#1
Rakim(who I just saw perform live last night),Juice,Nas,and Canibus are the top 5 best ever..A lot of people would debate Canibus but no one could ever sound like him or come up with the shit he does..

By the way,Rakim is bad ass live..He puts on a real good show..It's always good to get to see a living legend of hip hop..

As far as all music,I got mad love for Metallica,Motorhead,Megadeth,Iron Maiden,oldies like The Temptations,Otis Redding,Dion and the Belmonts,Elvis,and the list keeps going..
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 11 2009, 11:18 PM) *

Dude... seriously... how many times we done been over this? laugh.gif Nas isn't even the best rapper that alive, let alone the best artist in any genre, EVER. You're taking that shit overboard now.
PR316
Maybe we could argue that Nas was the best pure MC of the mid 90s from 94-97.... But after 2002 he really fell off bad. He's one of my all time favorites. But its been a long while since he's done anything worthwhile.

To me, the GOAT is Rakim... So influetial with his style, orginality, and lyricism. Can't forget Big Daddy Kane, Melle Mel, and KRS One either. Thats a legitimate top 4 list IMO. Then you can go to guys like Caz and Kool G Rap. Kool Moe Dee is in there as well.

For me, the likes of Biggie, Nas, Pac, and Jay-Z would be on the bottom tier of a top 10 if you place them there. They're all very good but IMO none of them could really compare to the true greats of hip hop.

Method
Im w Warlord here.

Overboard thread.

As far as Jay Z in concerned, had Pac and Big not been killed, Jay Z would have been stuck playing the back.

Also NICE shout ut on Big L, Blaze. Big L's shit was legit.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 12 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Im w Warlord here.

Overboard thread.

As far as Jay Z in concerned, had Pac and Big not been killed, Jay Z would have been stuck playing the back.

Also NICE shout ut on Big L, Blaze. Big L's shit was legit.

Not many people have heard of Big L but he IS a legend..In my opinion Big L is the best ever..He is the definition of hip hop..Pac and BIG's shit was legendary but Big L tops it with ease if you ask me..Jay-Z top 10??Listen to the 7 minute freestyle with Jay-Z and Big L..Big L makes Jay-Z sound stupid as hell(they were friends but Jay-Z doesn't deserve to freestyle with him)..Big L just is a whole nother caliber..

Talkin bout hot lead face lifts!!No one says this crazy shit and this is a freestyle!!"He didn't listen to what I was speakin,he started reachin,so I left em sleepin with his temple leakin"

Snoop
It's all about what measure we're using here. Lyrically, nobody could touch Big L. Canibus was nice too, he just had shitty beat production.

Jay is good at producing a song in it's entirety. I used to hate Jay but his shit is goddamn catchy. Plus it's pretty damn clever at times.

Pac was inspirational, probably one of my favs, but to be honest, his lyrics were pretty weak.

Nas is a great storyteller, but IMO his shit is inconsistent, definitely not good enough to be called The GOAT of Hip-Hop. Shit I even think some of the Wu-Tang clan members could top him. But then again, depends on your own taste and style you prefer.
The CEO
I got Redman, Ghostface, and Andre 3000 all over Nas...
Maxy

I prefer this one.
ROLL DEEP
Famous Oz musician?

Empire of the Suns. Great band. Not ness the best, but still cool as fluck.
Method
Love me some Redman...and my man, Hot Nickels.
PR316
Some of my favorite hip hop albums...

Eric B and Rakim- Don't Sweat The Technique
Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
GZA- Liquid Swords
Big L- Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous
Nas- Illmatic
Big Daddy Kane- Long Live The Kane
A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
Black Moon- Enta Da Stage
Jeru- The Sun Rises in the East
Wu-Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers
AZ- Doe or Die

A few others but those are a good place to start.
BigG
Johnny, I'm a Big L fan...he's music is good to listen to when your pissed off...lol..but I can't call him the greatest.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 27 2009, 10:26 AM) *
Johnny, I'm a Big L fan...he's music is good to listen to when your pissed off...lol..but I can't call him the greatest.

Well the difference between his first and second album are night and day..You must be thinking about the first one..The second one is pure hip hop at it's best..Pick up The Big Picture..Also,his cd that is only freestyles is bad ass too..
JonnyBlaze
Has anyone heard of Benefit??He has got mad skills too..He's really really underground..His lyrics are insane..

Snoop
Is it just me or did the name of this thread change?
BigG
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 28 2009, 06:13 AM) *
Well the difference between his first and second album are night and day..You must be thinking about the first one..The second one is pure hip hop at it's best..Pick up The Big Picture..Also,his cd that is only freestyles is bad ass too..

I have all his albums. I love Big L's songs. Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous is one of the best albums ever. But I can't rate him over Nas, Pac, or Big...Nas for instance has too many classics...

NY State Of Mind
The World is Yours
Represent
Memory Lane
Nas Is Like
Lifes a Bitch
It Ain't Hard To Tell
NY State Of Mind Pt. II
Undying Love
One Mic
Dance
I Gave You Power
Poppa Was a Playa
Suspect
One Love
Black Girl Lost
Project Windows
2nd Childhood
You're the man
Doo Rags
Can't Forget About You
I Can
Thugz Mansion
Made You Look

PR316
^^^^ Don't forget "Shootouts", "Amongst Kings", "Verbal Intercourse" with Rae and Ghost or even "Fast Life" with Kool G Rap.

Basically almost everything Nas did through 2001 was great I thought.

Illmatic and It Was Written are classics. Stillmatic is Nas's 3rd best album and it was his last great effort. God's Son was very good but had something missing and after that, everything ranged from average to wack.

Big L's Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous is one of my favorite hip hop albums ever and The Big Picture was very good as well. But he didn't have enough material to match up even though the potential was there.

If Big L would have been given more time, who knows...

BigG
Illmatic and It Was Written are classics. Stillmatic is Nas's 3rd best album and it was his last great effort. God's Son was very good but had something missing and after that, everything ranged from average to wack.

I have to agree The Lost Tapes is good, Gods Son is borderline classic (my own opinion), Hip Hop is Dead is good and Untitled is decent.
KookedKrack
biggie isn't even number 1 from new york let alone the goat........and don't get me started on nas thumbsdown_anim.gif lol
BigG
Get started on Nas....laugh.gif Nas better be at least 2nd best if New York in your list (next to Rakim)
PR316
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 30 2009, 03:10 AM) *
biggie isn't even number 1 from new york let alone the goat........and don't get me started on nas thumbsdown_anim.gif lol

Regardless of what Nas has been dropping lately, he's still one of the greatest MCs to ever pick up a mic.
BigG

KookedKrack

"I will point i will aim and fly planes in your projects" shok.gif

"It's obvious nas has no respect for his squad" sad.gif
BigG
Jim Jones and Juelz Santana dissing Nas?
The Original MrFactor
Wow, no mention of the greates rapper to grab the mic?!?!?

Poetry
My Philosophy
South Bronx
The Bridge is Over
Mad Crew
Sound of the Police
Breath Control
Why is That?
Drug Dealer
Thats HOT
Suoer Hoe
The P is Free
MCs Act Like they dont know

I dont even have to say his name... NAS, Big, Jay PAC all wouldnt be here if it wasnt for this guy. Those guys benefitted greatly from the internet. If only there was an internet in 1986. More cats from the golden era would be exalted... The Golden era was from about 84 - 89.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.